IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 19th November 2022, 05:18 AM   #2641
Tero
Master Poster

trump targets are simple, for two years:
Biden and DeSantis
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...ernor-00069163

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2022, 11:29 AM   #2642
Tero
Master Poster

Musk has no relevance in the greater things. Twitter was somewhat useful gor data.

Trump has a little relevance still. We have followed long enough, what is one more year? Waiting for the final nail in the coffin. Not Garland. Trump hiself will end Trump.

He is kind of a Zelig to his fans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelig

Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2022, 02:40 PM   #2643
eerok
Quixoticist

America needs a vaccine for Mumpsk.

Old 20th November 2022, 07:40 PM   #2644
Tero
Master Poster

My prediction: Trump is done for at May 2024 primary season:
CNN
The Florida governor’s rise is perhaps the most important development in the 2024 Republican field. Trump is still ahead in a number of national primary polls, but DeSantis is polling better in early national polls than any non-Trump candidate did for much of the 2016 primary cycle.

In his home state of Florida, DeSantis is outright beating Trump in almost every poll. In CNN’s exit poll of 2022 midterm voters in Florida, more Republicans wanted DeSantis to run in 2024 than they did Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/20/polit...can/index.html

Old 20th November 2022, 08:16 PM   #2645
Random
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
My prediction: Trump is done for at May 2024 primary season:
CNN
The Florida governor’s rise is perhaps the most important development in the 2024 Republican field. Trump is still ahead in a number of national primary polls, but DeSantis is polling better in early national polls than any non-Trump candidate did for much of the 2016 primary cycle.

In his home state of Florida, DeSantis is outright beating Trump in almost every poll. In CNN’s exit poll of 2022 midterm voters in Florida, more Republicans wanted DeSantis to run in 2024 than they did Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/20/polit...can/index.html
While I would love to see it, DeSantis is an idiot if he runs in 2024. The primaries would brutally damage whoever came out on top of the GOP field, and would probably cost the primary winner the general election.

Desantis is young, he can wait another four years.
Old 21st November 2022, 05:07 AM   #2646
Tero
Master Poster

The elections are such that the "fame" people have collected in news and the social media is the primary factor to get you the nomination. For Republicans the unknown governors have no chance. With Democrats there is a slim chance for a governor, but only if Biden decides not to run and promotes her/him.

Old 22nd November 2022, 01:15 PM   #2647
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

SCOTUS Allows Congressional Access to Trump Tax Returns

My, what convenient timing. This is the kind of thing that should have been open and shut, really. There was NO real and valid reason to deny Congress access in the first place, let alone dragging it out this long. They managed to drag it out until right before a GOP House that has roughly no chance in hell of using them came into power, though, and likely open the way for immediate Biden tax return access.

Also, something of a tangent, but pretty much part of the usual -

Just days after announcing another run, Trump signs $4 billion real estate deal with Saudis and Oman

Last edited by Aridas; 22nd November 2022 at 01:29 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:23 PM   #2648
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

A $4 billion ticket to touch the glowing orb. Guess who owns Trump still.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:47 PM   #2649
lobosrul5
Illuminator

First polls since Trumpy announced his running:

Nov.19-20
620 A
Premise
Trump Sr. 51% 49% DeSantis Trump Sr. +2

Nov.16-20
A-
Quinnipiac University
DeSantis 45% 43% Trump Sr. DeSantis +2

Neck and neck... hope its an ugly fight all the way to the bitter end.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:57 PM   #2650
Tero
Master Poster

Polls must be stolen too.

Old 22nd November 2022, 04:40 PM   #2651
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Like no-one has ever seen before.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2022, 06:47 PM   #2652
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

People are saying...
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:03 PM   #2653
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

God, at one time Trump kept a certain distance from the out and out bigots;oh, he used theri support but avoided direct and public meetings with them. Got he is not even bothering to give dod whistles.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2022, 09:09 AM   #2654
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Random View Post
While I would love to see it, DeSantis is an idiot if he runs in 2024. The primaries would brutally damage whoever came out on top of the GOP field, and would probably cost the primary winner the general election.

Desantis is young, he can wait another four years.
On the other hand, if he does wait, there is a chance that he will lose his status as a republican messiah. Florida could suffer a downturn, he could end up stuck in a scandal of some type, some new republican could become their new savior. Heck, the party could actually develop some ethics (not likely but we could dream) and decide to abandon the far right politics he his pushing.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2022, 09:19 AM   #2655
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

We were expecting this to happen. Always nice seeing Trump have to deal with yet another legal problem...

A writer who accused former President Donald Trump of rape filed an upgraded lawsuit... in New York, minutes after a new state law took effect allowing victims of sexual violence to sue over attacks that occurred decades ago. E Jean Carroll’s lawyer filed the legal papers electronically as the Adult Survivor’s Act temporarily lifted the state’s usual deadlines for suing over sexual assault.

(She also has a lawsuit against Trump for defamation when Trump called her a liar... however, since he said that when he was president, he is claiming immunity since civil servants can't be sued for things they do as part of their job. The case is tied up in appeals while they try to decide if Trump calling someone a liar is part of the job description as "president')

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2022, 05:01 PM   #2656
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Not that I would expect anything good, or for that matter constitutionally consistent, from these clowns, but their overturning of Roe v. Wade was based on the premise that some subjects themselves are not subject to Constitutional consideration - this time abortion, and at least by overt threat, birth control and gay marriage. If there's no place for the subject in the Constitution it should be a little difficult to judge a law about it unconstitutional. One of the greatest states' rights is, after all, the right to band together and pass Federal laws.

Of course that's not saying they wouldn't try.

Ya sure. They rationalize it by telling us that. That's just their excuse (I know you know this btw, just saying).

I laughed at my sister when she told me overturning Roe was the "right thing" to do constitutionally.

I guess FOX News must have told everyone to use this excuse because they are all using it in unison.

She says, "I don't care why they did it, it was the right thing"

"So Republicans are just trying to do what's right? After all these years, suddenly everyone knows that Roe is wrong? Just like that? Huh"

I asked her, "If it was the right thing why did they do it in secret?"

"Why did they not warn the states. "Hey we may overturn Roe, we'll give you 6 months to figure out how you're all going to deal with it""

Nope, they dumped it on us with no care at all for who may be affected. You should damn well care why they do things, and how. Screwing over millions of women is not "right". And now that I think about it, this affects men too. Great now I'm forced by law to be a Dad because my condom broke?

Finally, I said, "You got an abortion in high school. If it weren't for Roe you'd be a grandmother now. Roe was good enough for you but nobody else? And this isn't a cheap shot, I'm for a woman's choice." And she didn't mind me bringing it up.

She says, "So am I. I'm still pro abortion"

Dude!?!?!? "But I'm a right winger so I have to go with my programming....I mean the program"

I'd like her to see the thread here about how the government is accessing personal data from people, simply to catch them getting abortions Jebus ******* Kripes that scares the hell out of me! WTF? Disgusting.

These idiots are fine having their rights taken from them and they don't even get it. How very shortsighted. So frustrating.

It happens slowly, one right at a time so we don't notice I guess.

ETA: Oops thought this was the abortion thread.

Last edited by mgidm86; 24th November 2022 at 05:15 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2022, 06:39 PM   #2657
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I'm hoping that the Trump/DeSantis battle becomes like two mangy alley-cats fighting it out in a sack. What the US public needs to do is to tie it up so they can't escape, then drop that sack in the river.
Old 24th November 2022, 10:14 PM   #2658
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

According to Kanye, "Trump is really impressed with Nick Fuentes."
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2022, 11:17 PM   #2659
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
Wonder if Nick dipped Donny's wallet...
Old 25th November 2022, 02:29 AM   #2660
SteveAitch
Muse

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I'm hoping that the Trump/DeSantis battle becomes like two mangy alley-cats fighting it out in a sack. What the US public needs to do is to tie it up so they can't escape, then drop that sack in the river.
It's conventional to add a couple of bricks to ensure it sinks. There may be a few left over from that wall they were going to build?

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 04:37 AM   #2661
Donal
Philosopher

Is that a euphemism for a sex act? Because if so, yes, he probably did.
Old 25th November 2022, 08:36 AM   #2662
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
It's conventional to add a couple of bricks to ensure it sinks. There may be a few left over from that wall they were going to build?
With any luck soon those between Herschel Walker's ears will be looking for something to do.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 02:03 PM   #2663
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

My question is: Did the dinner involve McDonalds at all, or do neo-nazis receive an upgrade to KFC?

Former President Donald Trump hosted white nationalist and antisemite Nick Fuentes at his Mar-a-Lago resort... “This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. “Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about.

Reminds me of Trump's failure to disavow KKK member David Duke during the 2016 election, claiming he didn't know who Duke was (even though Trump had criticized Duke a few years previously.)

Of course, here's the problem with Trump's claim that he didn't know Fuentes... Trump is a former president. He's got security (including secret service protection). You figure they would screen anyone who comes in contact with him. Yet they are letting "unknown" people get close enough to Trump to have dinner with him?

We are Groot - Groot
Old 25th November 2022, 02:21 PM   #2664
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
My question is: Did the dinner involve McDonalds at all, or do neo-nazis receive an upgrade to KFC?

Former President Donald Trump hosted white nationalist and antisemite Nick Fuentes at his Mar-a-Lago resort... “This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. “Shortly thereafter, he unexpectedly showed up with three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about.

Reminds me of Trump's failure to disavow KKK member David Duke during the 2016 election, claiming he didn't know who Duke was (even though Trump had criticized Duke a few years previously.)

Of course, here's the problem with Trump's claim that he didn't know Fuentes... Trump is a former president. He's got security (including secret service protection). You figure they would screen anyone who comes in contact with him. Yet they are letting "unknown" people get close enough to Trump to have dinner with him?
Of some note to this -

Quote:
In a video posted on Thursday night, on the other hand, Ye said Trump was “really impressed”*with Fuentes, explaining,*"unlike so many of the lawyers and so many people that he was left with on his 2020 campaign, he's actually a loyalist."
Old 25th November 2022, 05:02 PM   #2665
mgidm86
Philosopher

I hope they continue to do this.
Old 25th November 2022, 06:19 PM   #2666
Venom
Philosopher

From Axios

Quote:
"Kanye West very much wanted to visit Mar-a-Lago. Our dinner meeting was intended to be Kanye and me only, but he arrived with a guest whom I had never met and knew nothing about," Trump said in a statement.

A Trump spokesman did not provide comment on additional reporting about the dinner. Fuentes did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
A source familiar with the dinner conversation told Axios that Trump "seemed very taken" with Fuentes, impressed that the 24-year-old was able to rattle off statistics and recall speeches dating back to his 2016 campaign.

Edited by Agatha:  Trimmed for rule 4

Last edited by Agatha; 29th November 2022 at 04:26 PM.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 06:23 PM   #2667
Venom
Philosopher

When it comes to getting on Trump's good side, Nick Fuentes seems to have the charm that the cartoonishly obsequious Kari Lake and MTG don't.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 07:02 PM   #2668
Cain
Straussian

Deplorable.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 07:51 PM   #2669
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Breitbart (of all places) did not mince words in its coverage.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th November 2022, 07:52 PM   #2670
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is saying that West showed up at Mar-a-Lago "unexpectedly" with "three of his friends, whom I knew nothing about".

I guess that's his way of distancing himself from Fuentes. (Honestly, I'd never heard of Fuentes myself prior to reading these stories). Here is his Wikipedia page if anyone's interested.

It's interesting that the headlines are all about Trump dining with Fuentes, but without mentioning Kanye West. It will be taken by the right as more evidence of media bias.
Old 25th November 2022, 08:07 PM   #2671
Venom
Philosopher

Imagine Thomas Metzger and Louis Farrakhan meeting with President Reagan.

The heads that would have EXPLODED.
Old 25th November 2022, 09:53 PM   #2672
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

The best explanation Trump could possibly give is that he did intentionally have dinner with an anti-semite, but unbeknownst to him, there was also a neo-nazi there.
Old 26th November 2022, 01:35 AM   #2673
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
The best explanation Trump could possibly give is that he did intentionally have dinner with an anti-semite, but unbeknownst to him, there was also a neo-nazi there.
But a neo-nazi who 'gets him'!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 01:55 AM   #2674
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

He still has Secret Service protection - they knew exactly who Fuentes is and would have told Trump and his security people.
Trump knew he was dining a neo-nazi, but as with Charlottesville, he likes their support.
Old 26th November 2022, 03:42 AM   #2675
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Now I half convinced West is engaging in a gigantic troll.
But this will be comedy gold.
I would have that in 2016 but now it's obvious he's gone completely round the bend.
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 03:44 AM   #2676
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
He still has Secret Service protection - they knew exactly who Fuentes is and would have told Trump and his security people.
Trump knew he was dining a neo-nazi, but as with Charlottesville, he likes their support.
I thought the same thing. He's just lying again.
Old 26th November 2022, 04:14 AM   #2677
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
Is that a euphemism for a sex act? Because if so, yes, he probably did.
The appropriate euphamism when Trump is involved is "whipped out his microscope".
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 09:49 AM   #2678
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Trump doesn't listen to anyone telling him anything unless they are complimenting him. He wanted to stare at a solar eclipse.
Old 26th November 2022, 01:34 PM   #2679
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump now saying he did not really know who Fuentas is. If you believe that, I have ocean front property in Kansas that might intereste you...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2022, 08:03 PM   #2680
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Trump now saying he did not really know who Fuentas is. If you believe that, I have ocean front property in Kansas that might intereste you...
Uh-oh...that's gonna piss of his white supremacist base!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics