IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th June 2022, 07:33 AM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Herschel Walker Says He’s a Model Dad. He Has a Secret Son.

Herschel Walker Says He’s a Model Dad. He Has a Secret Son.

Quote:
For years, former football star turned Republican senatorial candidate Herschel Walker has expressed an enormous pride and love for his adult son, while taking a principled stand against fatherless households and deadbeat dads—specifically in the Black community.

“And I want to apologize to the African-American community, because the fatherless home is a major, major problem,” Walker said in a September 2020 interview, adding that he had been “like a father to some of those kids that had never had fathers.”

The month before, Walker—who co-parented his 22-year-old son, Christian with both his ex-wife and current wife—told right-wing internet personalities Diamond and Silk that if you have “a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman… you don’t leave the child.”

What Walker hasn’t publicly acknowledged is that he has a second son, who has apparently been estranged from his biological father since his birth a decade ago.

The son, whose name The Daily Beast is withholding out of privacy concerns, has grown up more than 1,500 miles from Walker’s Texas home. And the mother, whose name we are also withholding for privacy reasons, had to take Walker to court a year after giving birth in order to secure a declaration of paternity and child support.

The Daily Beast confirmed these events through public posts, a court document where Walker is declared to be the child’s father, and a person close to the boy’s family with direct knowledge of the events.

That person told The Daily Beast that while Walker sends Christmas and birthday presents, he otherwise has not played an active parental role in raising his second son. The child also has not met or spoken with his half-brother, Christian, the person said.
Do as I say, don't do as I do.
Old 15th June 2022, 07:42 AM   #2
Warp12
King of Kings

That is an odd family. I recall seeing his son Christian in a video, and he seemed quite...pleasantly social.

It says this in Christian's Wiki:

Quote:
Walker is attracted to men, but does not identify as gay.

Herschel Walker supposedly also had multiple personality disorder? His greatest accomplish was probably for the Cowboys, being traded to the Vikings.

Also, some of his fitness claims seem a little detached from reality, imo. Zany guy, at times.

Last edited by Warp12; 15th June 2022 at 07:45 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 07:55 AM   #3
Warp12
King of Kings

Also, how about this:

Fact check: Herschel Walker falsely claims he never falsely claimed he graduated from University of Georgia
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/polit...ted/index.html

I really think he is a little crazy, based on his history.
Old 15th June 2022, 07:58 AM   #4
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It doesn't count as your child when you knock up your side piece.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 08:04 AM   #5
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

A wonderful celebrity is found to be a lying hypocrite? My goodness, how unprecedented. Whatever shall I do with all the fawning idolation I have for celebrities?

If this was Bob down the block, would we care? Walker doesn't rate much higher in my book.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 08:08 AM   #6
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

One time while returning a kickoff, Walker got caught from behind and tackled -- by the kicker. That alone disqualifies him from public office.
Old 15th June 2022, 08:15 AM   #7
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
A wonderful celebrity is found to be a lying hypocrite? My goodness, how unprecedented. Whatever shall I do with all the fawning idolation I have for celebrities?

If this was Bob down the block, would we care? Walker doesn't rate much higher in my book.
Considering that this is in USA Politics, and Walker is running for a political position, it's a wee bit more than "a celebrity" being caught lying.

Why should we care that the person asking us to put him in a position where his decisions affect the entire country has a proven track record of bad decisions and dishonesty? Well...gee, I wonder?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 08:17 AM   #8
slyjoe
Illuminator

If Bob was running for Senate, yes.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 08:19 AM   #9
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
If Bob was running for Senate, yes.

The wild part is that it is a tie race. He may be crazy, but he has charisma.
Old 15th June 2022, 10:03 AM   #10
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

That whacky Herschel Walker sure is a whacky guy.

Also, Walker claimed several times over the years that he was a former police officer, however there is no evidence that Walker ever was a police officer. And considering the way that police departments carefully document all of their officers, such a lack of evidence is quite telling indeed.

To wit:

https://news.yahoo.com/u-senate-cand...171710590.html

U.S. Senate candidate Herschel Walker repeatedly said he worked in law enforcement. There’s no proof he ever did

Despite Walker’s assertions over the years, there’s no evidence that the Georgia Republican hopeful’s claims are true.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution asserts that Walker gave a speech in 2019 in front of a group of soldiers at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, where he said, “I worked for law enforcement, y’all didn’t know that either? I spent time at Quantico at the FBI training school. Y’all didn’t know I was an agent?”

The newspaper reported Monday that it had reviewed dozens of speeches and motivational talks by Walker, who has said multiple times that he’s been in law enforcement. ”I work with the Cobb County Police Department, and I’ve been in criminal justice all my life,” he said in 2017. In 2000, he claimed to be “a certified peace officer.”

Walker, who has been open about his history with dissociative identity disorder, has had personal contact with law enforcement. The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner has been accused of domestic violence, stalking, and other violent tendencies against a former wife and her sister.

On 15FEB2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 10:10 AM   #11
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Considering that this is in USA Politics, and Walker is running for a political position, it's a wee bit more than "a celebrity" being caught lying.

Why should we care that the person asking us to put him in a position where his decisions affect the entire country has a proven track record of bad decisions and dishonesty? Well...gee, I wonder?
Great. Line up the ones who are not hypocrites and liars up against the wall. It is a very short wall, but they'll have lots of extra room.

Seriously, set Senator Sanders aside and it's not as easy as it looks.

eta: 'running for' an office means little. A lot of people run, and run on transparent lies and hypocrisy. Mr Walker has notoriety from ye olde gridiron. Without that, we'd be all "Herschel who?" It's def a celebrity idolization.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain

Last edited by Thermal; 15th June 2022 at 10:13 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 10:13 AM   #12
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Great. Line up the ones who are not hypocrites and liars up against the wall. It is a very short wall, but they'll have lots of extra room.

Seriously, set Senator Sanders aside and it's not as easy as it looks.
Ah, the good old Trump defense: You can't punish the absolute worst of the worst of the liars because even the best person won't tell their wife that dress really does make her butt look big.

Seriously, ignoring the difference between a penny and a billion to claim we all have money doesn't mean you have a point.

eta: re your eta: I live in Georgia. My TV and YouTube ads are all Herschel Walker all the time right now. What do you mean, "we"?

Last edited by wareyin; 15th June 2022 at 10:14 AM.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 10:14 AM   #13
shemp

Yet half of Georgia is ready to make him their next Senator. A republican can spew any lying **** they want to from their mouth, but if a Democrat even stumbles on a word, they're unfit for public office.

When this country sinks into oblivion, at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that half the people deserved it.
Old 15th June 2022, 11:12 AM   #14
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, the good old Trump defense: You can't punish the absolute worst of the worst of the liars because even the best person won't tell their wife that dress really does make her butt look big.

Seriously, ignoring the difference between a penny and a billion to claim we all have money doesn't mean you have a point.
I would ask what in the world this has to do with anything I posted, but am confident the answer would be just as delusional.

Quote:
eta: re your eta: I live in Georgia. My TV and YouTube ads are all Herschel Walker all the time right now. What do you mean, "we"?
I meant what I said. If Walker wasn't a football player, you'd have never heard of him. He wouldn't be on the ballot. He is on the ballot Because he used to play football, not for his courageous and astute political acumen and sophisticated grasp of theories of governance.

Really not that complicated.

Old 15th June 2022, 12:32 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Yet half of Georgia is ready to make him their next Senator. A republican can spew any lying **** they want to from their mouth, but if a Democrat even stumbles on a word, they're unfit for public office.

When this country sinks into oblivion, at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that half the people deserved it.
Always easy to play the prophet of doom rather then actually try to fight back.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 12:32 PM   #16
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

I would ask what in the world this has to do with anything I posted, but am confident the answer would be just as delusional.
Ah, you don't understand that excusing Walker for his history of falsifying virtually everything because other politicians have also told a fib once or twice is a really stupid defense? Ok, then.

I meant what I said. If Walker wasn't a football player, you'd have never heard of him. He wouldn't be on the ballot. He is on the ballot Because he used to play football, not for his courageous and astute political acumen and sophisticated grasp of theories of governance.

Really not that complicated.
You really believe that Republicans decided they needed a former football player to run, and that's literally the only reason they picked Walker? Bless your heart.
Old 15th June 2022, 12:35 PM   #17
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I say something I have though for along time; thie we are doomed and there is nothing we can do about it I am hearing so much of here and on other places is playing right into the extreme right's hands. A certain amount of cynicism is good, but when it goes in nihilism it's bad.
Wrecking the morale of the good guys is NOT something that helps you to win. Ever if it is cool and edgy.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 12:38 PM   #18
mgidm86
Philosopher

Ya like MTG, Hawley and some of the other certified lunatics the GOP support. They were famous celebrities, how else would they get on the ballot?

Thread so far is laughable. In a normal world people would see what kind of an idiot Walker and these others are and not vote for them. Bringing attention to this is a good thing, even if it does no good.

All I hear in here is whine. Red red whine!
Old 15th June 2022, 12:47 PM   #19
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post

I really think he is a little [bat ****] crazy, based on his history.
ftfy
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 12:52 PM   #20
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Herschal took one too many hits on the head when in the NFL....

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th June 2022, 01:10 PM   #21
shemp

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I say something I have though for along time; thie we are doomed and there is nothing we can do about it I am hearing so much of here and on other places is playing right into the extreme right's hands. A certain amount of cynicism is good, but when it goes in nihilism it's bad.
Wrecking the morale of the good guys is NOT something that helps you to win. Ever if it is cool and edgy.
Let me know when things get better. You'll probably find me in my grave by the time that happens.
Old 15th June 2022, 01:20 PM   #22
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Let me know when things get better. You'll probably find me in my grave by the time that happens.
Thanks for proving my point. Let's not even make an effort to stop it but just roll around in angst.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th June 2022, 01:36 PM   #23
shemp

Thanks for proving my point. Let's not even make an effort to stop it but just roll around in angst.
You're welcome. I didn't want to leave any ambiguity.
Old 15th June 2022, 05:59 PM   #24
ZiprHead
Muse

Herschal took one too many hits on the head when in the NFL....
Head Injury Herschel.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 06:59 PM   #25
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Walker has been diagnosed with and acknowledges he has Dissociative Disorder: "People with dissociative disorders escape reality in ways that are involuntary and unhealthy and cause problems with functioning in everyday life." That's a bonus for Trump supporters as they like politicians with mental illness.

Seriously, how can anyone with an IQ over 40 vote for someone who is certified mentally ill? Never mind, I know the answer.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 15th June 2022 at 07:08 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 07:20 PM   #26
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Walker has been diagnosed with and acknowledges he has Dissociative Disorder: "People with dissociative disorders escape reality in ways that are involuntary and unhealthy and cause problems with functioning in everyday life." That's a bonus for Trump supporters as they like politicians with mental illness.

Seriously, how can anyone with an IQ over 40 vote for someone who is certified mentally ill? Never mind, I know the answer.
Not to mention that multiple personalities aren't real.

Walker is quite the gentleman of honour, or not. Threatening to kill his former partner.

Lying about being in law enforcement.

Lying about his business earnings, sounds familiar.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle...bf1fc859137ff8
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 07:24 PM   #27
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
I agree.

Being cynical doesn't make you look smart like you think it does. Pretty sure that's a big reason why Trump got in, which I thought at the time.

This probably deserves its own thread though.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 09:41 PM   #28
Lurch
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Head Injury Herschel.
If you're going for alliteration...

Head-hammered Herschel.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 09:53 PM   #29
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Which Herschel are we talking to now?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 10:45 PM   #30
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Not to mention that multiple personalities aren't real.
https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle...bf1fc859137ff8
I beg to differ. It's a recognized mental illness in the DSM V.

http://traumadissociation.com/dissoc...ydisorder.html

I have a friend who has a sister with DID resulting from years of childhood sexual abuse by an older brother.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 11:06 PM   #31
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
One time while returning a kickoff, Walker got caught from behind and tackled -- by the kicker. That alone disqualifies him from public office.
Totally OT, but I have to add...

A) It was still a 75 yard return

B) Adam Vinatieri is not your typical kicker.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2022, 05:17 AM   #32
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I beg to differ. It's a recognized mental illness in the DSM V.

http://traumadissociation.com/dissoc...ydisorder.html

I have a friend who has a sister with DID resulting from years of childhood sexual abuse by an older brother.
The doctor that "diagnosed" Walker has a history of nut-ball claims himself:
Quote:
In one method of analysis he has pioneered, which experts have singled out as unscientific, patients are asked to color in a drawing of the brain, with Mungadze drawing conclusions about their mental state from the colors they choose. In 2013, he told the televangelist Benny Hinn that he can use the drawings to tell whether someone has been “demonized.”

“I can tell them what spirit they have and what it’s doing in their life,” he said on Hinn’s television show.

His 1990 doctoral thesis for the University of North Texas argues that traditional healers in his native Zimbabwe are better positioned to treat those who claim to be possessed by “ancestral spirits” than providers of Western medicine.

And he was also featured in a 2014 British TV documentary as a practitioner of gay conversion therapy, a scientifically discredited practice that attempts to change the sexual orientation or gender identity of LGBTQ people.
Old 16th June 2022, 05:32 AM   #33
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Now, it is being revealed that Herschel Walker has yet another secret son and a secret daughter as well.

https://news.yahoo.com/herschel-walk...ycsrp_catchall

Herschel Walker, Critic of Absentee Dads, Admits to Yet ANOTHER Secret Son

A day after The Daily Beast broke the news that Herschel Walker had a secret 10-year-old son he fathered out of wedlock, the football star-turned-politician confirmed late Wednesday night that he has yet another son with a different woman that the public doesn’t know about—as well as a daughter that he had in college.

The second of Walker’s previously undisclosed sons was born to a woman living in Texas and is now 13 years old. Walker’s other son is 10, and Christian Walker, who has played a major role in Herschel’s political efforts and public persona, is 22.

It’s unclear why Walker has such starkly different relationships with the mothers and his children—all of whom bear his last name.

The pattern belies a deep hypocrisy. As The Daily Beast reported, Walker has made a point over the years to criticize absentee fathers, beseeching parents in multiple addresses to “hug your child.”

On 15FEB2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2022, 05:47 AM   #34
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Seems like he could parlay these revelations into a condom endorsement gig? Lemonade and all.

Old 16th June 2022, 09:40 AM   #35
shemp

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Now, it is being revealed that Herschel Walker has yet another secret son and a secret daughter as well.

https://news.yahoo.com/herschel-walk...ycsrp_catchall

Herschel Walker, Critic of Absentee Dads, Admits to Yet ANOTHER Secret Son

A day after The Daily Beast broke the news that Herschel Walker had a secret 10-year-old son he fathered out of wedlock, the football star-turned-politician confirmed late Wednesday night that he has yet another son with a different woman that the public doesn’t know about—as well as a daughter that he had in college.

The second of Walker’s previously undisclosed sons was born to a woman living in Texas and is now 13 years old. Walker’s other son is 10, and Christian Walker, who has played a major role in Herschel’s political efforts and public persona, is 22.

It’s unclear why Walker has such starkly different relationships with the mothers and his children—all of whom bear his last name.

The pattern belies a deep hypocrisy. As The Daily Beast reported, Walker has made a point over the years to criticize absentee fathers, beseeching parents in multiple addresses to “hug your child.”

And what's wrong with that? Proves he's a REAL MAN!TM
Old 16th June 2022, 10:02 AM   #36
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Parenting 1 out of 4(or more) of your kids isn't bad, he was only an absent father for 75+% of his kids.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2022, 10:14 AM   #37
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Parenting 1 out of 4(or more) of your kids isn't bad, he was only an absent father for 75+% of his kids.
And if we are going to cruelly deny Walker of his god-given rightful place as a United States Senator just because of having a whole lot of secret kids, then we'd be never letting another person be Senator again! /s
Old 16th June 2022, 10:17 AM   #38
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

And if we are going to cruelly deny Walker of his god-given rightful place as a United States Senator just because of having a whole lot of secret kids, then we'd be never letting another person be Senator again! /s
No we would just have to stick to senators assigned female at birth. That should get us pretty good insurance that they don't have a bunch of kids they have nothing to do with, with various side pieces.

But he parented the hell out of that one that balanced out not parenting at all the other three. That is republican logic I think.
Old 16th June 2022, 10:23 AM   #39
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Hey hey hey!

75% that we currently know of. That number appears to grow daily.

You guys and your jumping to conclusions. Sheesh.

Old 16th June 2022, 10:25 AM   #40
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

And if we are going to cruelly deny Walker of his god-given rightful place as a United States Senator just because of having a whole lot of secret kids, and falsely claiming to be an FBI agent, and falsely claiming to be police, and falsely claiming to have been the valedictorian of his HS, and falsely claiming to have graduated in the top 1% from UGA despite a B average and not actually graduating, and a history of domestic violence, and scamming veterans, and falsely claiming to own or have started multiple nonexistent companies, then we'd be never letting another person be Senator again! /s
fixed that for me

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics