IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th October 2022, 01:04 PM   #201
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
He left the NFL around 25 years ago. Has he actually held any other jobs? Opened a business or worked for one, coached somewhere, supported a non-profit? What's this guy actually done for the last quarter-century?
He was a franchise holder for D'Lites fast-food restaurants in 1984. One of his restaurants closed after about 18 months, and the whole chain crashed and burned around 1987.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2022, 06:51 PM   #202
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper looked at Walker's business record and published a report this past March. The article appeared under the following headline:
Quote:
Herschel Walker’s business record reveals creditor lawsuits, exaggerated claims
Over the past two decades, creditors have alleged Walker’s businesses owed millions in unpaid loans.

An Atlanta Journal-Constitution review of court records and other public documents contradicts statements Walker has made about the number of people his companies employ, their size and the assets they own. The review also revealed a string of defaults, settlements and lawsuits alleging that Walker and his businesses owed millions of dollars in unpaid loans. And while Walker attributes his wealth to his business acumen, much of it seems to be derived from his celebrity status as a football legend through speaking engagements and brand ambassadorships, according to campaign financial disclosures.

Walker’s campaign declined an interview request to discuss his business career. Link to news article via WayBack Machine
No wonder Walker and trump get along so well!
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2022, 06:59 PM   #203
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
That was pretty bad.

One line from Walker I think did strike home, at least with his intended audience. Warnock repeatedly said that in abortion decisions, it was between the woman and her doctor - without the government there in the room as a 3rd party. Fair enough. But Walker responded there was already a 3rd person in the room: the baby. Alright, it’s not technically a person or a baby at that point. But I thought the line worked.
You don't really think he came up with that retort all by himself, do you?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2022, 07:02 PM   #204
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He left the NFL around 25 years ago. Has he actually held any other jobs? Opened a business or worked for one, coached somewhere, supported a non-profit? What's this guy actually done for the last quarter-century?
Apparently, his full-time job has been impersonating a bull in a field to get all those cows pregnant.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2022, 08:14 PM   #205
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Apparently, his full-time job has been impersonating a bull in a field to get all those cows pregnant.
He's the manure they all leave in the field.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2022, 09:35 PM   #206
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
The funny part is, so many voters hate the Dems that he still has a decent shot. It is almost unimaginable....until you look at how far out-of-touch the Dems are.
Your statement reminds me of an aphorism.... "he cut his nose to spite his face"...

Bill Mahr's latest episode describes this preposterous imbecility that the rubes are doing by cutting their noses to spite their faces.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2022, 10:26 PM   #207
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
He's the manure they all leave in the field.
Nope... manure is useful... he is the parasite that infects the field... the locusts that plague the fields... the canker that blights the field... the madcow disease the infests the poor cows.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Last edited by Leumas; 15th October 2022 at 10:29 PM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2022, 05:25 AM   #208
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

You don't really think he came up with that retort all by himself, do you?
Of course not. But while I think his performance was pretty bad, I don’t think it was quite the train wreck I envisioned. Pretty low bar where just remembering prepared lines is noteworthy.

As an aside, my Twitter feed is peppered with all sorts of right wingers - Kellyanne Conway, Newt Gingrich, Donald Trump Jr., Ted Cruz, etc. - crowing about how Walker dominated and won the debate. Kind of like “fake it ‘til you make it”. And for whatever reason, my Twitter feed yesterday started leaning way more right. Not sure why.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2022, 12:06 PM   #209
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Of course not. But while I think his performance was pretty bad, I don’t think it was quite the train wreck I envisioned. Pretty low bar where just remembering prepared lines is noteworthy.

As an aside, my Twitter feed is peppered with all sorts of right wingers - Kellyanne Conway, Newt Gingrich, Donald Trump Jr., Ted Cruz, etc. - crowing about how Walker dominated and won the debate. Kind of like “fake it ‘til you make it”. And for whatever reason, my Twitter feed yesterday started leaning way more right. Not sure why.
Walker could have stood there dribbling spit down his chin while muttering to himself and that lot would be claiming he'd won the debate.

Walker sounded like was just repeating a script he'd been given.
Old 16th October 2022, 01:19 PM   #210
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Walker could have stood there dribbling spit down his chin while muttering to himself and that lot would be claiming he'd won the debate.

From what I saw, that's what he did.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2022, 06:45 PM   #211
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Walker violated the rules when he flashed his "honorary" badge during the debate.

Quote:
Walker violated debate rules in his sole debate appearance last week, when he flashed what looked like an honorary deputy badge. The moderator stepped in and chided Walker for bringing a prop to the debate. The former NFL player claimed he had brought it to prove that he had worked in law enforcement, though his claim has not been independently confirmed.

He's never worked in law enforcement. It's like someone claiming they have a university degree because they were given an honorary diploma. I suspect Walker thinks he really did work in law enforcement because of his "badge".

Walker also opted out of a second debate on Sunday. Telling.
Quote:
This second debate comes two days after his first, which he attended. The Atlanta Press Club's Loudermilk-Young Debate Series hosted the second debate, and will also host a subsequent debate on Monday, and another on Tuesday for candidates to other offices. It is the protocol of the series to invite all candidates to participate, an invitation Warnock and Libertarian Chase Oliver accepted, but also represent absent candidates via an empty podium.
"It's important to point out that my opponent Herschel Walker is not here—and I think half of being a senator is showing up," Warnock said at the debate.
(Washington Examiner)
Old 16th October 2022, 07:23 PM   #212
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution newspaper looked at Walker's business record and published a report this past March. The article appeared under the following headline:

He is clearly an ideal Republican Politician.
Old 16th October 2022, 07:35 PM   #213
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Walker violated the rules when he flashed his "honorary" badge during the debate.
He now claims his badge is real and he carries it so he can help the cops.
Quote:
“This is from my hometown. This is from Johnson County from the sheriff from Johnson County, which is a legit badge,” Walker said, showing Welker the badge. “If anything happened in this county, I have the right to work with the police in getting things done.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...133720d896ff79
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2022, 09:05 PM   #214
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

These are honorary designations. Only fools think they are otherwise. I was designated as a Lt. Colonel - Aide de Camp - for the Democrat Governor Joe Frank Harris of Georgia (1983-1991) even though I have never voted for a Democrat.

I'm as much a Colonel as Colonel Sanders was except his chicken tastes better than mine.
Old 17th October 2022, 12:44 AM   #215
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

It's a huge advantage to have a large and loud media machine working on your behalf. Most people won't have watched the debate for any period of time so if they hear that the candidate has performed well then they'll believe that regardless of the truth

He's never worked in law enforcement. It's like someone claiming they have a university degree because they were given an honorary diploma. I suspect Walker thinks he really did work in law enforcement because of his "badge".

Walker also opted out of a second debate on Sunday. Telling.

(Washington Examiner)
Rules only matter if you're the Democratic Party candidate.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2022, 05:09 AM   #216
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...133720d896ff79
Walker has exactly the same authority to assist the peelers that I do. In fact, when I'm on the clock, given that I'm a civil servant within An Garda Síochána, I have more authority than he ever will.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2022, 06:03 AM   #217
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
I'm as much a Colonel as Colonel Sanders was except his chicken tastes better than mine.
I’m learning so much about the duties of some military ranks.
Old 17th October 2022, 07:11 AM   #218
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
These are honorary designations. Only fools think they are otherwise. I was designated as a Lt. Colonel - Aide de Camp - for the Democrat Governor Joe Frank Harris of Georgia (1983-1991) even though I have never voted for a Democrat.

I saw something on Twitter the other day where someone was trying to defend Walker by saying it was an Honorary position that he held, so it counted. And they asked, would you say that an Honorary degree is not a real degree?

And, naturally, all the responses were like, um, no, it's not.

Only charletons parade their "honorary" title around like it means anything.

I know a lot of people who have been given honorary degrees from institutions. They don't view them as anything as honors. Then again, they have legitimate credentials so they don't need to be posers.
Old 17th October 2022, 12:17 PM   #219
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Now Walker is acknowledging he gave the mother of one of his children the $700 check but claims he doesn't know what it was for. The timing, amount of the check and the Feel Better card are just cowinky-dinks.
Old 17th October 2022, 12:49 PM   #220
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Now Walker is acknowledging he gave the mother of one of his children the $700 check but claims he doesn't know what it was for. The timing, amount of the check and the Feel Better card are just cowinky-dinks.
I wonder how long it will take for him to get his cow-and-bull story straight, because the traditional punchline has swears. And THAT would be fun at a TV interview on the campaign trail!
Old 17th October 2022, 07:14 PM   #221
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post

A sort of Mini-T?
Old 18th October 2022, 02:21 AM   #222
Leumas
Philosopher

A sanity check please

Today I received this email from a guy who used to be a friend before 2016... although after that I still maintained a kind of cordial tolerance of him...

Quote:
Bad news for you! Black males and Black conservatives in Georgia felt Herschel Walker destroyed Warnock in the debate. He did not come off as a “dumb jock” Neanderthal that many thought he would be, including myself. I thought Warnock, PHD and a trained orator, was going to clobber Walker as an intellectual light weight.

Walker was actual well informed and well prepped for the debate. Warnock under estimated his opponent, which is typically of highly educated people who have contempt for “lesser beings”. Warnock also forgot that Walker is a professional athlete who is used to putting in endless hours preparing both mentally and physically to win. Walker apparently put in the hours.

The bad news for Democrats is that many Republicans (and Independents) sitting on the fence worried about Walker’s qualifications probably are off the fence on his side in a tight race. Warnock can only win by suppressing Republican votes for Walker, (which the political ads are doing a good job). While on the other hand Walker had to convince Republicans and Independents he was “tolerable enough” to vote for. Walker’s debate bar was very low, but he leaped over it like a “champion” athlete.

Now I’m going to see if you can respond back with intelligent insight and analysis, or you are just going to go into one of your unintelligible rages about Trump and MAGA? My bar for you is very low.

I did not watch the whole debate... but from what I watched Walker is an abject imbecile... so my question is.... does being a member of the MAGA cult make the victims live in an alternate universe ... or is it the effect of having their souls and minds and brains pickled for so long in the excretions of Trump's mephitic nether regions.

I am really bewildered at how a sane person ... and my acquaintance is definitely not a denizen of a mental hospital... how can a relatively sane person watch that debate and still maintain that Walker won???

And he also sent me this video as support for his view....

I AGREE

Last edited by Leumas; 18th October 2022 at 02:29 AM.
Old 18th October 2022, 02:52 AM   #223
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
I am really bewildered at how a sane person ... and my acquaintance is definitely not a denizen of a mental hospital... how can a relatively sane person watch that debate and still maintain that Walker won???
In most cases, the person in question hasn't watched the whole debate, or even significant portions of it, they have just watched a heavily edited "highlight reel" and/or a summary like the one you linked.

In other cases the person has a particular set of views which mean that there are particular points where support for their view (or opposition of it) results in an automatic win (or loss). Abortion is likely an example. Someone who is vehemently anti-abortion will give the win in any debate to the person who supports their view regardless of their performance in the rest of the debate.

There are also people who are so partisan that they will award the win to the person from their party regardless of how well or badly they actually performed.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2022, 05:57 AM   #224
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Debates are not how government works. Winning debates does not make a good politician, or even an adequate one. They don't matter at all in helping decide who makes a better congressperson, win or lose.

Debates are a test of who gets the last word, usually by shouting over the other person. Or just talking crap for hours. Or being the biggest liar or the most controversial.

There are a whole lot of other factors that say Walker is an untrustworthy, double-speaking, nitwit. I would not trust him to walk my dog safely. As for Congress? Yeah, nah.
Old 18th October 2022, 07:15 AM   #225
Finster
Graduate Poster

Because it has nothing to do with the debate or how well he did in it. It’s just pre-fab republican rhetoric, probably just copied and pasted. If Walker had spent the whole debate drooling and singing the wheels on the bus go round and round, your friend would have sent the exact same message.
Old 18th October 2022, 07:40 AM   #226
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Debates are not how government works. Winning debates does not make a good politician, or even an adequate one. They don't matter at all in helping decide who makes a better congressperson, win or lose.

Debates are a test of who gets the last word, usually by shouting over the other person. Or just talking crap for hours. Or being the biggest liar or the most controversial.

There are a whole lot of other factors that say Walker is an untrustworthy, double-speaking, nitwit. I would not trust him to walk my dog safely. As for Congress? Yeah, nah.
That's because of the way in which you assess a political candidate.

If instead your criteria were whether he would faithfully vote in line with GOP policy and crack down as hard as possible on women's reproductive rights and any form of immigration then he's an excellent candidate.
Old 18th October 2022, 10:25 AM   #227
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
In most cases, the person in question hasn't watched the whole debate, or even significant portions of it, they have just watched a heavily edited "highlight reel" and/or a summary like the one you linked.

In other cases the person has a particular set of views which mean that there are particular points where support for their view (or opposition of it) results in an automatic win (or loss). Abortion is likely an example. Someone who is vehemently anti-abortion will give the win in any debate to the person who supports their view regardless of their performance in the rest of the debate.

There are also people who are so partisan that they will award the win to the person from their party regardless of how well or badly they actually performed.

Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Because it has nothing to do with the debate or how well he did in it. It’s just pre-fab republican rhetoric, probably just copied and pasted. If Walker had spent the whole debate drooling and singing the wheels on the bus go round and round, your friend would have sent the exact same message.

Yup... insanity...

Humanity is nothing but jetsam and flotsam being haplessly tossed and churned by the currents and waves of space-time... a meaningless heap of fetid garbage.
Old 18th October 2022, 10:30 AM   #228
Thermal
Suspended

Yup... insanity...

Humanity is nothing but jetsam and flotsam being haplessly tossed and churned by the currents and waves of space-time... a meaningless heap of fetid garbage.
Sounds like someone needs to hear the Good News of the Gospels!
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2022, 10:34 AM   #229
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
That's because of the way in which you assess a political candidate.

If instead your criteria were whether he would faithfully vote in line with GOP policy and crack down as hard as possible on women's reproductive rights and any form of immigration then he's an excellent candidate.

Exactly... tribalism without any thought... abject irrationality.

I think that voting ought to be like getting a driving license or getting naturalized as a citizen... after lessons in civics and passing written and oral exams and IQ and sanity tests one gets a card to vote.... the droves of Zombies being allowed to vote cannot be a proper way to have a healthy democracy... or at least one that will last for long.

Last edited by Leumas; 18th October 2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old 18th October 2022, 10:39 AM   #230
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Sounds like someone needs to hear the Good News of the Gospels!

That statement is abject cluelessness...

Last edited by Leumas; 18th October 2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 18th October 2022, 10:57 AM   #231
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Today I received this email from a guy who used to be a friend before 2016... although after that I still maintained a kind of cordial tolerance of him...

I did not watch the whole debate... but from what I watched Walker is an abject imbecile... so my question is.... does being a member of the MAGA cult make the victims live in an alternate universe ... or is it the effect of having their souls and minds and brains pickled for so long in the excretions of Trump's mephitic nether regions.

And he also sent me this video as support for his view....

I AGREE

Where did he get the info about Black males and Black conservatives thinking "Walker destroyed Warnock in the debate"? I've tried to find a poll saying any such thing and cannot. Today, FiveThiryEight has Warnock up by just over 3 points.

What I did find is that Black conservatives are voting for Walker because their top priority is taking back control of the Senate, regardless of Walker's fitness. As one Black conservative said in this article, "he would cast his vote while “holding my nose … and will probably close my eyes, too. But he’s getting my vote.” This sentiment was echoed by several other Black conservatives. But, according to this same article, Walker "has captured less than 5 percent of Black votes, according to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution/Georgia News Collaborative poll released Wednesday."

Your acquaintance also sounds like he's fallen for the "anti-elitist" nonsense although he appears to be well-educated himself.

"Warnock can only win by suppressing Republican votes for Walker." This is a silly claim to make. How does he think Warnock can do this? Is he closing down voting locations in Republican strongholds?

Is your acquaintance a big football fan, by any chance? He seems to put a lot of emphasis on Walker's past as an NFL player. Many people are overly influenced in their support for a political candidate on their celebrity status (Trump, Reagan, Schwarzenegger, etc.). Men, especially, are influenced by sports and football in Georgia is huge.

By your acquaintance's last paragraph, I'd say you are well rid of him. He sounds like a real jackass to me.
Old 18th October 2022, 11:38 AM   #232
Leumas
Philosopher

Where did he get the info about Black males and Black conservatives thinking "Walker destroyed Warnock in the debate"? I've tried to find a poll saying any such thing and cannot. Today, FiveThiryEight has Warnock up by just over 3 points.

From the same place all those of his ilk get it... the MAGA propaganda mill.

What I did find is that Black conservatives are voting for Walker because their top priority is taking back control of the Senate, regardless of Walker's fitness. As one Black conservative said in this article, "he would cast his vote while “holding my nose … and will probably close my eyes, too. But he’s getting my vote.” This sentiment was echoed by several other Black conservatives. But, according to this same article, Walker "has captured less than 5 percent of Black votes, according to an Atlanta Journal-Constitution/Georgia News Collaborative poll released Wednesday."

Yes... heinous sordid hideous immorality and tribalism as a result of brains pickled in the mephitic virulent brew of christianity and Trump's excretions from his putrid orifices.

Your acquaintance also sounds like he's fallen for the "anti-elitist" nonsense although he appears to be well-educated himself.

"Warnock can only win by suppressing Republican votes for Walker." This is a silly claim to make. How does he think Warnock can do this? Is he closing down voting locations in Republican strongholds?

Is your acquaintance a big football fan, by any chance? He seems to put a lot of emphasis on Walker's past as an NFL player. Many people are overly influenced in their support for a political candidate on their celebrity status (Trump, Reagan, Schwarzenegger, etc.). Men, especially, are influenced by sports and football in Georgia is huge.

That AND The Apprentice show and The Art of the Deal Steal and anything Trumpian.

By your acquaintance's last paragraph, I'd say you are well rid of him. He sounds like a real jackass to me.

IMHO he is the male version of Candice Owens.

He is an ex-naval officer... clever and not insane... probably would pass the Voting License tests I proposed... but... AMORAL... and before 2016 I had many discussions about his ADULATION of Trump... but I did not realize the extent or the depth of his cranium's inexorable penetration up Trump's colon.
Old 18th October 2022, 02:24 PM   #233
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

From the same place all those of his ilk get it... the MAGA propaganda mill.

Yes... heinous sordid hideous immorality and tribalism as a result of brains pickled in the mephitic virulent brew of christianity and Trump's excretions from his putrid orifices.

That AND The Apprentice show and The Art of the Deal Steal and anything Trumpian.

IMHO he is the male version of Candice Owens.

He is an ex-naval officer... clever and not insane... probably would pass the Voting License tests I proposed... but... AMORAL... and before 2016 I had many discussions about his ADULATION of Trump... but I did not realize the extent or the depth of his cranium's inexorable penetration up Trump's colon.
Just goes to prove that even 'intelligent' people can be idiots.
Old 19th October 2022, 04:08 PM   #234
Leumas
Philosopher

Just goes to prove that even 'intelligent' people can be idiots.

I think in his and his ilk's case it is more of a case of psychopathic amoral self-serving and worship of money and their idols who they are duped to believe are making it.

Last edited by Leumas; 19th October 2022 at 04:38 PM.
Old 19th October 2022, 04:52 PM   #235
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I think in his and his ilk's case it is more of a case of psychopathic amoral self-serving and worship of money and their idols who they are duped to believe are making it.
Yes...but that doesn't negate my point: they're idiots.
Old 19th October 2022, 10:12 PM   #236
Leumas
Philosopher

Yes...but that doesn't negate my point: they're idiots.
Old 20th October 2022, 06:11 AM   #237
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

This on my Twitter feed:

“Undecided voters in Georgia are breaking 2:1 for Walker right now according to both private polling and door knocking groups who are only targeting general-election only voters.”

Sigh.

Comments do question the source and motivation of such a report. Still…

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 20th October 2022 at 06:13 AM.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2022, 11:04 AM   #238
Leumas
Philosopher

This on my Twitter feed:

“Undecided voters in Georgia are breaking 2:1 for Walker right now according to both private polling and door knocking groups who are only targeting general-election only voters.”

Sigh.

Comments do question the source and motivation of such a report. Still…

The motive is as has always been with liars and charlatans.... if you repeat the lie confidently and often enough... you will make it convincing to enough cretins... and given the state of the world today... there is a shedload of grotesque imbeciles in the cesspool of American voters.
Old 20th October 2022, 11:18 AM   #239
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

If the United States survives the next few years we will have to have a major look at how exactly the basic concepts of sanity and decency became so hated in America that people would elect people who are this horrible, this lying, and this stupid AND PUTTING ZERO EFFORT INTO HIDING IT just to get back at it.
Old 20th October 2022, 11:33 AM   #240
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

You know, I can understand why a psychopathic, amoral, self-serving worshiper of money would support an utterly unqualified candidate for office, simply because that candidate would let them loot the treasury to their heart's content.

What I don't get is the smug, "Ha Ha! The idiot isn't actually an idiot!" posturing. That's what really annoys me. Does this guy really think his blatant lies are going to convince you that the ****** candidate isn't actually ******?

I mean, what did he think the point was of sending such an e-mail? If you're looking to con the rubes, why not put your effort into talking to the rubes?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics