IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th November 2022, 08:29 AM   #321
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Walker has turned his life around:

He admitted to the awful things he's done, like pressure women into abortions and cheating on multiple partners.
He's admitted to lying about being a partner to law enforcement and lying about being a law enforcement officer.

Right?
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2022, 09:13 AM   #322
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Walker has turned his life around:

He admitted to the awful things he's done, like pressure women into abortions and cheating on multiple partners.
He's admitted to lying about being a partner to law enforcement and lying about being a law enforcement officer.

Right?

Given the fact that the more christian one is the more likely they are to be republican and MAGA cult worshipers of the mephitic excretions of their MAGA cult leaders.... you can scream to kingdom come about the derelictions and villainy and turpitude of their leaders... it won't make a difference... in fact... according to their Zombified human sacrificed cult leader... it is a desirable qualification.

Jesus loves repentant dastards 99 times more than the normal dupes and promises them with eternal abode in his bosom regardless of the extent or the severity or the length of their careers ravaging humanity and making life hell here on Earth for others.... even if they repent on their death bed in the last hour... as long as they desire to lie on his bosom.

But woe to those who do not bend over to be in his bosom... theirs will be everlasting torment and gnashing of teeth and eternal wailing while forever being roasted in an unquenchable interminable inferno.

So no matter the villainy... in fact it is better to have been a villain since Jesus' jubilation at the returning of the wayward is 99 times more than for those compliant obeisant dupes who never did anything wrong.

You can rightfully say that those villains make Jesus happy... after all they are the very excuse for his weekend of BDSM with domineering strapping Romans in leather uniforms... no??
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Last edited by Leumas; 7th November 2022 at 10:21 AM.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2022, 09:28 AM   #323
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
Given the fact that the more christian one is the more likely they are to be republican and MAGA cult worshipers of the mephitic excretions of their MAGA cult leaders.... you can scream to kingdom come about the derelictions and villainy and turpitude of their leaders... it won't make a difference... in fact... according to their Zombified human sacrificed cult leader... it is a desirable qualification.

Jesus loves repentant dastards 99 times more than the normal dupes and promises them with eternal abode in his bosom regardless of the extent or the severity or the length of their careers ravaging humanity and making life hell hear on Earth for others.... even if they repent on their death bed in the last hour... as long as they desire to lie on his bosom.

But woe to those who do not bend over to be in his bosom... theirs will be everlasting torment and gnashing of teeth and eternal wailing while forever being roasted in an unquenchable interminable inferno.

So no matter the villainy... in fact it is better to have been a villain sinc Jesus' jubilation at the returning of the wayward is 99 times more than for those compliant obeisant dupes who never did anything wrong.

You can rightfully say that those villains make Jesus happy... after all they justified his weekend of BDSM with dominant strapping Romans in leather uniforms... no??
Yeah, but he uses those fake rubber breasts that some crossdressers like. Do you really want to spend eternity squashed between two giant rubber tits?
Old 7th November 2022, 11:10 AM   #324
Leumas
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Yeah, but he uses those fake rubber breasts that some crossdressers like. Do you really want to spend eternity squashed between two giant rubber tits?
Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Leumas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2022, 06:11 PM   #325
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
https://www.npr.org/2022/11/09/11343...s-results-2022

Quote:
Georgia again is key to control of the U.S. Senate, as incumbent Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock and Republican Herschel Walker are heading into a Dec. 6 runoff.

With more than 3.9 million votes reported and more left to count, neither candidate was above the 50% threshold needed to win outright under Georgia law. This sets up a post-Thanksgiving showdown in what is already the country's most expensive Senate race.

Speaking to supporters just before 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Warnock sounded optimistic about his chances to prevail in the coming weeks.

"Here's where we are: We are not sure if this journey is over tonight, or if there's still a little work yet to do," he said. "But here's what we do know: We know that when they're finished counting the votes from today's election that we're going to have received more votes than my opponent."
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2022, 02:06 AM   #326
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, dear. Poor Walker is just going to have more time to step inof his own making.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 10:11 AM   #327
Finster
Graduate Poster

"If we was ready for the green agenda, I'd raise my hand right now. But we're not ready right now. So don't let them fool you like this is a new agenda. This is not a new agenda," Walker said at a campaign stop in Peachtree City. "We're not prepared. We're not ready right now. What we need to do is keep having those gas-guzzling cars, 'cause we got the good emissions under those cars. We're doing the best thing that we can."

wtaf

Dan Quale would be so proud. “What a waste it is to lose one's mind, or not to have a mind. How true that is”
Old 17th November 2022, 08:02 PM   #328
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

OKAAAAAAAY....not that Walker has brain damage. Watch the video and tell me othewise:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1592954140887773184
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2022, 08:11 PM   #329
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
OKAAAAAAAY....not that Walker has brain damage. Watch the video and tell me othewise:

There were no werewolves in that movie.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2022, 08:27 PM   #330
Warp12
King of Kings

And imagine...voters despise the Dems so much that Walker, with "brain damage", has forced a runoff election....

Blows your mind.
Old 17th November 2022, 09:26 PM   #331
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
And imagine...voters despise the Dems so much that Walker, with "brain damage", has forced a runoff election....

Blows your mind.
You seem to think that the crop of Republicans who support Walker use reasoning for their stance. Walker is supported by idiots who believe the moronic lies about " Creeping communism", "satanic dems" And other chimeras the repugs created that they created to instil a generally uninformed polity. That there is such a huge number of them is a testament to the quality of education and a general coddling of ignorance by a certain party solely because it suits their political ends. To appeal to that group, the dems will have to field a Walker clone.
Old 17th November 2022, 09:40 PM   #332
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
You seem to think that the crop of Republicans who support Walker use reasoning for their stance. Walker is supported by idiots who believe the moronic lies about " Creeping communism", "satanic dems" And other chimeras the repugs created that they created to instil a generally uninformed polity. That there is such a huge number of them is a testament to the quality of education and a general coddling of ignorance by a certain party solely because it suits their political ends. To appeal to that group, the dems will have to field a Walker clone.

Of course, people who refuse to vote Dem must be idiots. This is kind of a mindset here, and amongst the party-at-large. And yet, Dems scratch their head about why they are hated so much. They are openly mocking the voters that they so wish they could convert.

It is funny.
Old 17th November 2022, 09:41 PM   #333
Susheel
Master Poster

Why else would one decide to vote for someone like Walker?
Old 17th November 2022, 09:55 PM   #334
Warp12
King of Kings

Why else would one decide to vote for someone like Walker?

First, I think people would rather vote for someone they see attached to their core values. Whether they are liberal or conservative. I know many, many people who always vote strictly along party lines. I bet a lot of people here do the same.

Second, if a party implies "you are stupid and/or evil if you vote against us", then that is very polarizing. And I think Dems are much more guilty of that than Republicans, especially as appearing arrogant. Just look at the rhetoric in this thread.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:05 PM   #335
Susheel
Master Poster

First, I think people would rather vote for someone they see attached to their core values. Whether they are liberal or conservative. I know many, many people who always vote strictly along party lines. I bet a lot of people here do the same.

Second, if a party implies "you are stupid and/or evil if you vote against us", then that is very polarizing. And I think Dems are much more guilty of that than Republicans, especially as appearing arrogant. Just look at the rhetoric in this thread.
Exactly what are the "core values" that you think Herschel Walker espouses that appeal to his followers. Why do you think those values are in any way beneficial to the people of the country? The fact that Trumpy Republitards are dumb should ideally not be a cross that others have to bear and preferably not encourage. Your problem with the "rhetoric" here is that it exposes your foundational racist patriarchal bigotry.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:08 PM   #336
Warp12
King of Kings

Exactly what are the "core values" that you think Herschel Walker espouses that appeal to his followers. Why do you think those values are in any way beneficial to the people of the country? The fact that Trumpy Republitards are dumb should ideally not be a cross that others have to bear and preferably not encourage. Your problem with the "rhetoric" here is that it exposes your foundational racist patriarchal bigotry.

I think you have proven my point, as far as attracting voters. lol. Thanks for that.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:14 PM   #337
Susheel
Master Poster

I think you have proven my point, as far as attracting voters. lol. Thanks for that.
That there are a large number of Republitards who don't have the brains see how stupid some of their choices are...thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to do.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:22 PM   #338
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Blows your mind.
do you think Dems did something to deserve that spite, or is it the result of living in on a media diet that tells them DEMS=BAD 24/7 ?
Old 18th November 2022, 12:26 AM   #339
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Blows your mind.
Not really. There's another very simple explanation: they're idiots.

Of course, people who refuse to vote Dem must be idiots.
Not because they don't vote Dem but because they vote for people like Walker who is clearly not firing on all cylinders and who has committed the same sins he and his supporters condemn: adultery, abandoned his children, paid for at least two abortions for his girlfriends, and told so many outrageous lies that he is challenging Trump's record.

And yet, Dems scratch their head about why they are hated so much.
No, we don't wonder about that at all. We know why: Dems don't support or look the other way when its members belong to white supremacy groups, spout antisemitic and racist rhetoric, promote fascism, undermine our democracy, remove a woman's right to bodily autonomy, and a host of other things so many conservatives embrace.

They are openly mocking the voters that they so wish they could convert.
What makes you think we want people that incredibly stupid? You don't invite plague ridden rats into your home if you don't want to be infected.

A lot of Republicans didn't vote a straight party ticket in 2020 because they were smart enough to see Trump for what he is. They either voted for Biden, didn't vote for either, or wrote in another name. Georgia Republicans could have done the same thing with Walker. Instead, they chose to vote for someone who ...see above...

Really? You think Dems are much more guilty of that than Republicans? What world do you live in? You think the rhetoric here is comparable to the violent rhetoric being spewed on right wing sites?Tune into Fox, Newsmax, Truth Social, Parler, 4Chan, Gab or talk-radio. When was the last time Dems held an insurrection because they got whipped into frenzy by hate talk?
Give me a freaking break.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 18th November 2022 at 12:28 AM.
Old 18th November 2022, 12:31 AM   #340
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

A third candidate in the GA senate race was Chase Oliver who got 81,000 votes. No one who voted for Walker or Warnock is going to change their vote in the run-off. It's Oliver's voters who will decide. Oliver is a pro-gun, anti-cop, pro-choice Libertarian, LGBTQ+ candidate who describes himself as “armed and gay”.

What a conundrum for some voters: pro-gun but pro-choice, Libertarian but gay, "armed and gay"...a homophobe's worst nightmare.
Old 18th November 2022, 05:32 AM   #341
ZiprHead
Muse

Nice dodge.

What core values does Walker represent? Paying for abortions? Violence against his families?

He does seem to like to play with guns so there is that. Herschel Walker Reveals He Has Played Russian Roulette Multiple Times

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2022, 06:13 AM   #342
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

A lot of Republicans didn't vote a straight party ticket in 2020 because they were smart enough to see Trump for what he is. They either voted for Biden, didn't vote for either, or wrote in another name. Georgia Republicans could have done the same thing with Walker. Instead, they chose to vote for someone who ...see above...
Republican Governor Brian Kemp got a lot more votes in Georgia's election than Republican Senate Candidate Herschel Walker did. Despite Warp12's antics, even some Republicans are against Walker representing them.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2022, 06:14 AM   #343
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Nice dodge.

What core values does Walker represent? Paying for abortions? Violence against his families?

He does seem to like to play with guns so there is that. Herschel Walker Reveals He Has Played Russian Roulette Multiple Times
Doesn't that game usually have a loser too? I would think such an event might be newsworthy.
Old 18th November 2022, 06:27 AM   #344
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Doesn't that game usually have a loser too? I would think such an event might be newsworthy.
Nah, it's only 1 out of 6 times.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2022, 07:31 AM   #345
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Do the world a favor and stop being a liar.

On 15FEB2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2022, 11:46 AM   #346
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Of course, people who refuse to vote Dem must be idiots. .
You said it.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th November 2022, 10:02 PM   #347
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Of course, people who refuse to vote Dem must be idiots. This is kind of a mindset here, and amongst the party-at-large. And yet, Dems scratch their head about why they are hated so much. They are openly mocking the voters that they so wish they could convert.

It is funny.
Well, no. Voting against members of a particular party is perfectly fine, swell, hunky, and dory. Voting for Walker, Taylor-Greene, Boebert, etc., etc., is what makes them idiots.
Old 19th November 2022, 01:28 AM   #348
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I have absolutely no problem with a Trump supporter hating me. It's a Trump supporter liking me that would worry me.
Old 21st November 2022, 07:33 PM   #349
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

More brilliance from Walker:

Quote:
“Do y’all know what the definition of an enemy is? A enemy is somebody that don’t like you. But they been telling you they don’t know the definition of a woman either. So think about that either. They don’t know the definition of a woman. But I’m going to tell you the definition of a woman. Because it written in my great book. It said ‘a man and a woman.’ And there’s a difference between the two of them. So that’s the reason men shouldn’t be in women’s sport—here’s a difference.

But then, yet, they trying to tell you a man could get pregnant. Get that out of your head. No, he can’t. No, he can’t. All they’re trying to do is take you down in that elevator, take you down in that elevator and lie to you. But I’m going to tell you right now, I’m not going to lie to you. I’m going to tell you, we’re in a mess. We’re in a mess because we put weak leaders in Washington. Weak leaders in Washington that not representing us.

Quote:
“I’m going to tell you this, if we don’t support our military, we will have no strength. And I can guarantee we’ll have no peace. Because that what is happening right now. They have talked about Senator Warnock not talked about bringing pronouns into our military. Pronouns. What the heck is a pronoun? I can tell you right now, grenades don’t know nothing about no pronouns. Bullets don’t know what color your skin is. But yet they talking about pronouns. I’m still doing pushups and sit ups. That’s what we need to have them doing. Pushups and sit ups, not pronouns.”
Oh,dear God...help us.....
Old 21st November 2022, 07:47 PM   #350
Warp12
King of Kings

More brilliance from Walker:

Oh,dear God...help us.....

What exactly is wrong with what he said, from your quotes?

What specific points are you disputing?

Or are you primarily mocking him for not speaking as articulately as an educated white from the north? I can easily cut through that and get to his points.

Last edited by Warp12; 21st November 2022 at 08:10 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 09:45 PM   #351
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

What exactly is wrong with what he said, from your quotes?

What specific points are you disputing?

Or are you primarily mocking him for not speaking as articulately as an educated white from the north? I can easily cut through that and get to his points.
Just so you know, your attempt to imply Stacyhs is racist only ended up making you look racist.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 09:47 PM   #352
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Just so you know, your attempt to imply Stacyhs is racist only ended up making you look racist.

I wasn't implying anything. There is a stereotypical way that we often expect people to speak. This has nothing to do with grasping their points. Clearly the forum member was making a mockery of him, and I want to understand why. It seems to me his underlying points are solid.

Black southern vernacular vs northern white is a fairly well-known distinction in speech pattern/expression. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

Let the forum member answer for themselves, I suggest.

Last edited by Warp12; 21st November 2022 at 09:53 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 09:54 PM   #353
arayder
Illuminator

Yeah, projection is a *****!
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 09:58 PM   #354
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Yeah, projection is a *****!

It isn't projection. Walker speaks nothing like an educated white from the north. I mean, who can deny that? But if we look past that, we can see the legitimate points he raises.

Not everyone can see beyond that, clearly, and they wish to label him an idiot.
Old 21st November 2022, 10:07 PM   #355
arayder
Illuminator

It isn't projection. Walker speaks nothing like an educated white from the north. I mean, who can deny that? But if we look past that, we can see the legitimate points he raises.

Google projection.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:10 PM   #356
johnny karate

He doesn’t speak like an educated person of any race. That you keep making it about him not speaking like a white person is weird but revealing.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2022, 10:13 PM   #357
Warp12
King of Kings

He doesn’t speak like an educated person of any race. That you keep making it about him not speaking like a white person is weird but revealing.

This is so laughable. Even blacks commonly make fun of how white people speak. And they chide blacks who speak like whites.

Ridiculous debate. Focus on what is wrong with his points, if anything. Any takers on that?

Last edited by Warp12; 21st November 2022 at 10:16 PM.
Old 21st November 2022, 10:14 PM   #358
johnny karate

I wasn't implying anything. There is a stereotypical way that we often expect people to speak. This has nothing to do with grasping their points. Clearly the forum member was making a mockery of him, and I want to understand why. It seems to me his underlying points are solid.

Black southern vernacular vs northern white is a fairly well-known distinction in speech pattern/expression. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

Let the forum member answer for themselves, I suggest.
Warnock is a Black Southerner and he doesn’t speak like that. Your racist stereotypes notwithstanding, race has nothing to do with it.
Old 21st November 2022, 10:16 PM   #359
johnny karate

This is so laughable. Even blacks commonly make fun of how white people speak.
Cool. But I’m not sure what that has to do with your racist assertion that Walker sounds stupid because he doesn’t speak like a white person. He sounds stupid because he is stupid. His race is immaterial to that.
Old 21st November 2022, 10:22 PM   #360
Warp12
King of Kings

Cool. But I’m not sure what that has to do with your racist assertion that Walker sounds stupid because he doesn’t speak like a white person. He sounds stupid because he is stupid. His race is immaterial to that.

Great, let's step over the crushed pearls and address the issues, then.

So what specific points from stacy's quotes of Walker do you disagree with?

Last edited by Warp12; 21st November 2022 at 10:25 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics