IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: The raid was...
Absolutely a good thing - no question 132 77.19%
An outrage, a travesty - what about Magna Carta? Did she die in vain? 4 2.34%
I'll wait before I make a judgement thank you. 29 16.96%
Mar-X-Lago! 6 3.51%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 11th August 2022, 08:19 AM   #321
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,557
Originally Posted by Wudang View Post
link to Guardian article

It's unclear what triggered the escalation from the article.
I wouldnt call it an escalation. In June, DoJ asked them to lock up the stolen records to probably make sure they were not further moved.

It is a little silly to think the government asking you to hold on to your incriminating evidence means they are not interested in seizing the incriminating evidence

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 11th August 2022 at 08:33 AM.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 08:20 AM   #322
Wudang
BOFH
 
Wudang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: People's Republic of South Yorkshire
Posts: 14,989
Hush now, the grownups are talking.
__________________
"Your deepest pools, like your deepest politicians and philosophers, often turn out more shallow than expected." Walter Scott.
Wudang is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 08:58 AM   #323
Armitage72
Philosopher
 
Armitage72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,473
So many options.

Quote:
Former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe said on CNN, “The first thing I thought of when I heard of the search warrant was, which investigation might this be a part of? There are so many options here, it is literally head-spinning.”
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:00 AM   #324
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,557
Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
I think the FBi taking of stolen presidential records might be related to the stolen presidential records
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:03 AM   #325
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
The former President of the United States being under so many legit and valid investigations that it's honestly difficulty to keep track of all of them is completely normal and anybody going "This is not something we should be okay with" is just being dramatic hyperbole strawman.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:11 AM   #326
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sorth Dakonsin
Posts: 27,243
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
The former President of the United States being under so many legit and valid investigations that it's honestly difficulty to keep track of all of them is completely normal and anybody going "This is not something we should be okay with" is just being dramatic hyperbole strawman.
Seriously???
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:16 AM   #327
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Seriously???
I feel like you misread me.

The phrase "legit and valid investigations" was not sarcastic.

The fact that he's obviously done so much wrong that there's this much LEGIT overlapping investigations going on is something none of should be okay with.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 11th August 2022 at 09:26 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:16 AM   #328
Hercules56
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,918
I have one question: did he take any classified documents to be used for nefarious future purposes? Such as to commit blackmail or threaten the CIA, FBI, etc? A foreign govt?

If that is the case, then he is in deep ****.

He's also in deep **** if he took documents that would embarrass him if discovered by the Biden admin.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:18 AM   #329
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
No I'm sure Trump took them home because they are just that riveting to read.

I'm sure it's nothing more than Donald Trump dimming the lights, put on some light chamber music probably Shubert, maybe Mendelssohn if he's feeling particularly daring that evening, kicking his shoes off, easing into an Eames Lounge Chair in his posh study with a fine cigar and a glass of brandy to read photocopies of classified documents late into the evening just for the fun of it.

Less flippantly anything Donald has, Putin has a copy of.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 11th August 2022 at 09:26 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:39 AM   #330
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sorth Dakonsin
Posts: 27,243
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I feel like you misread me.

The phrase "legit and valid investigations" was not sarcastic.

The fact that he's obviously done so much wrong that there's this much LEGIT overlapping investigations going on is something none of should be okay with.
I did, thanks for the clarification.
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:50 AM   #331
carlosy
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 507
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Meanwhile, of course, the right-wing loonies are freaking out and melting down. Kind of amusing to see, BUT also some of the stuff they are saying looks to me like THEY should be getting a visit from the FBI....
So, is it tomorrow already?
Or is it going to be a looong night?
They want to use their AR15s so badly, right? Finally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steven Crowder war.jpg (12.1 KB, 14 views)
carlosy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:52 AM   #332
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Posts: 51,642
And it looks like maybe the violence has begun.

FBI: Armed subject attempting to breach Cincinnati FBI office leads to pursuit, shots fired

Quote:
A pursuit and ongoing police situation in Clinton County has shut down two highways and prompted an area lockdown Thursday. It all started after an armed suspect attempted to breach an FBI building in Cincinnati.

According to FBI Cincinnati, it started around 9 a.m. when a person showed up to the office in Kenwood and attempted to breach the visitor screening facility.

An alarm went off and FBI special agents responded when the man fired a nail gun at law enforcement personnel. The man then held up an AR-15 style rifle before fleeing in a vehicle north onto I-71 leading Ohio State Highway Patrol on a pursuit into Clinton County.

The FBI, Ohio State Highway Patrol and local law enforcement are now on scene near Wilmington where they say they are trying to resolve the critical incident.

Clinton County Emergency Management Agency officials said law enforcement has exchanged shots with the male suspect who is described as wearing a gray shirt and body armor. EMA officials say the suspect "has not yet been taking into custody, but is contained."
__________________
Counting the days to Civil War II.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:54 AM   #333
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Regnad Kcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 10,713
Originally Posted by carlosy
So, is it tomorrow already?
Or is it going to be a looong night?
They want to use their AR15s so badly, right? Finally.
“Tomorrow” = “two weeks”
__________________
My heros are Alex Zanardi and Evelyn Glennie.

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; 11th August 2022 at 09:55 AM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 09:56 AM   #334
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
Again I know (well I hope) the full on Maga revolution will never come, but I'm still not looking forward how much violence they can and will inflict.

Again it's not like we aren't only a couple years out from them storming the Capital and shooting up Pizza Parlors.

They can put some of their money where their mouth is. "But it could be worse" isn't exactly comforting.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:32 AM   #335
Hercules56
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,918
Trump illegally stole classified documents to be used as blackmail against our government and foreign governments. #LockHimUp!!!!
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:43 AM   #336
Donal
Philosopher
 
Donal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,123
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Something Malcolm Nance explained this morning, IIUC, is that, yes, while the President can declassify documents, he still has to officially inform the relevant authorities what he has declassified, because all government documents are indexed on a register that records the date of their creation, the date that any amendments or changes were made, and who made them, and most importantly in this case, the date of any classification change and who changed it. If The Fat Orange Turd did declassify any documents, that information will be listed and dated in the document register. That is what Nance was talking about when he said procedures have to be followed.
I picture him waddling around the Oval Office screaming "I DECLARE DECLASSIFIED!" ala Michael Scott.
__________________
SuburbanNerd A blog for making tech make sense
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:46 AM   #337
Donal
Philosopher
 
Donal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,123
Garland is making a statement soon. Not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking, but you never know
__________________
SuburbanNerd A blog for making tech make sense
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:47 AM   #338
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
Trump is going to whip off a Mission Impossible style Latex mask, revealing himself to be Andy Kaufman working the longest performance art sketch in history.

It will end with a rematch with Jerry Lawler AND Vince McMahon at this year's Wrestlemania, with Kaufman playing both himself and Trump.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 11th August 2022 at 11:51 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 11:59 AM   #339
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,388
Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
Say what?
He's learning the price of betraying Trump's cult.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:01 PM   #340
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52,878
And the FBI is getting blowback already

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ters-rcna42669
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:01 PM   #341
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,839
Originally Posted by Wudang View Post
link to Guardian article

It's unclear what triggered the escalation from the article.
Apparently, the search warrant was issued because of the new information from the insider that Trump had yet more documents at MaL that he had failed to disclose in June. Which, it turned out he did.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:04 PM   #342
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,839
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
And the FBI is getting blowback already

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ters-rcna42669
While it's certainly reasonable to connect this with the FBI search at MaL, which I also suspect, we do not know that for certain yet.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:08 PM   #343
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,421
If Mar-A-Lago was shut down for the season, or at least his home is, then that's not really doing a great job of securing documents. Even if he was told to get a lock, and he complied, he's still leaving them unsecured in a room. Sure there are SS agents watching the property but it doesn't seem very secure if you ask me.
__________________
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:08 PM   #344
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,839
The DOJ/FBI is going to release the search warrant and inventory of items taken to the public. Trump's big mouth made this possible because he confirmed there was a search.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 11th August 2022 at 12:11 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:10 PM   #345
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
//Slight hijack//

Confession. I don't... like exactly 100% know what Mar-A-Lago is and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

Like I mean I know it's this weird resort / summer home for Trump but it's also seems like this big sprawling compound that is a bunch of other stuff as well.

ETA: But for full clarity I've never been able to fully wrap my brain around celebrity "Xanadu a stately pleasure dome" level houses that are so big full on ecosystems of support have to grow around them to the point that house is basically a small city even when you're not home.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 11th August 2022 at 12:13 PM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:13 PM   #346
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
 
ponderingturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 52,878
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
//Slight hijack//

Confession. I don't... like exactly 100% know what Mar-A-Lago is and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

Like I mean I know it's this weird resort / summer home for Trump but it's also seems like this big sprawling compound that is a bunch of other stuff as well.

ETA: But for full clarity I've never been able to fully wrap my brain around celebrity "Xanadu a stately pleasure dome" level houses that are so big full on ecosystems of support have to grow around them to the point that house is basically a small city even when you're not home.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-a-Lago
__________________
Sufficiently advanced Woo is indistinguishable from Parody
"There shall be no *poofing* in science" Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
Force ***** on reasons back" Ben Franklin
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:17 PM   #347
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
Well Garland just painted a big ******* target on his back.

I mean, ya respect for the ownership and the "Buck stops here" level no-nonsense but...
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:23 PM   #348
Armitage72
Philosopher
 
Armitage72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,473
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
//Slight hijack//

Confession. I don't... like exactly 100% know what Mar-A-Lago is and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

It's a mansion that was originally built by the Post family (Post cereal) back in the 1920s. It was donated to the National Park Service for government use in the 1970s, but it was too expensive to maintain and too difficult to secure, so it was returned to the Post Foundation. Trump bought it in the 1980s and eventually converted it to an exclusive members-only resort with part of it closed off as his private residence.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:28 PM   #349
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 32,388
I believe Trump has, or had, kompromat on a significant number of people in the GOP and elsewhere. This kompromat probably has nothing to do with the materials that the National Archivists want. However, the people Trump has kompromat on are definitely afraid of what was found at tRump's basement and this is why they're all freaking out.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:32 PM   #350
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
Trump doesn't strike me as the Littlefinger/Varys "I have dirt on everyone" type.

Mainly because he's an idiot.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:32 PM   #351
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,839
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I believe Trump has, or had, kompromat on a significant number of people in the GOP and elsewhere. This kompromat probably has nothing to do with the materials that the National Archivists want. However, the people Trump has kompromat on are definitely afraid of what was found at tRump's basement and this is why they're all freaking out.
And thus the "planted evidence" claim and why Trump didn't destroy them. If they'd compromised him, he'd have destroyed them.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:35 PM   #352
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,892
Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
And the FBI is getting blowback already

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ters-rcna42669
Nail gun guy? They've got him pinned down.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:36 PM   #353
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,557
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Trump doesn't strike me as the Littlefinger/Varys "I have dirt on everyone" type.

Mainly because he's an idiot.
The dirt is the public embarrassment one subjects themselves to for Trump's approval. One doesn't need secrets at that point.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:37 PM   #354
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 27,839
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Nail gun guy? They've got him pinned down.
He also had a rifle, reportedly an AR15.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:42 PM   #355
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 12,980
Didn't matter what Donny had hidden his basement that the FBI found, classified or not. Pootie had a copy or list or photo of it already.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:47 PM   #356
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
We're idiots if we don't make every single government decision going forward under the assumption that Putin was CCed on literally every government document handled by the White House for that 4 year period.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:49 PM   #357
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 22,557
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
We're idiots if we don't make every single government decision going forward under the assumption that Putin was CCed on literally every government document handled by the White House for that 4 year period.
Except for the lack of evidence part
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:53 PM   #358
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13,183
Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Trump illegally stole classified documents to be used as blackmail against our government and foreign governments. #LockHimUp!!!!
We don't even know whether classified documents were found, much less why he kept them. Let's wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:56 PM   #359
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 12,980
Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Except for the lack of evidence part
Donny has been deep in debt to the Russian mafia since his casino days, if not before then. Putin has been the chief Russian mafia boss since his St Petersburg days, decades ago. Putin is the only world leader Donny grovels to. So what do you think?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2022, 12:57 PM   #360
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 41,991
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Donny has been deep in debt to the Russian mafia since his casino days, if not before then. Putin has been the chief Russian mafia boss since his St Petersburg days, decades ago. Putin is the only world leader Donny grovels to. So what do you think?
He thinks he can hijack the discussion into philosophical gibberish and get away with it.
__________________
"If everyone in the room says water is wet and I say it's dry that makes me smart because at least I'm thinking for myself!" - The Proudly Wrong.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.