IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags politics , trump

View Poll Results: What will Trump's big 'announcement' be on Tuesday?
He is officially running for president 20 35.71%
An unofficial "Thinking of running" but not officially running for president 9 16.07%
Legal action of some time (such as against criminal investigations into his activities) 0 0%
Something business-related 0 0%
No announcement, just ranting 15 26.79%
Announcement gets cancelled 4 7.14%
Something else 3 5.36%
Trump is from planet X, and will now be returning home 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th November 2022, 06:15 PM   #1
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's Tuesday announcement... what will it be?

So, before the mid-terms, Trump made a big deal of some announcement that was coming. It was widely thought that it would involve Trump announcing he was going to run for president in 2024. But after the poor showing of Trump-backed candidates in the mid-terms, people are advising Trump not to run.

However, he still has a big announcement planned for Tuesday.

So what do people think this big announcement will be?

- Trump will ignore his advisors that were telling him not to announce the start of his presidential campaign and do so anyways

- He won't outright announce he is running, but will make some vague statement about how he is "exploring his options to run"

- He will announce some lawsuit or legal action (perhaps aimed at various investigations into his crimes). "I am launching a personal injury lawsuit against Garland"

- He will make some business-related announcement, perhaps related to Truth Social, or building a hotel in Russia

- He won't actually announce anything, but just use the time to rant against his "enemies" (Deathsantis, Moscow Mitch, etc.) and/or the mid-terms, perhaps with vague claims of voter fraud (which of course won't be supported by evidence)

- The announcement will be cancelled at the last minute

- He will announce that he is actually an alien from planet X, and will now be returning home

(Admittedly I hate myself a little for wasting the brain cells in order to give Trump attention.)

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2022, 06:27 PM   #2
Apathia
Philosopher

I'm going with announcement doesn't happen.
Second to that Boziod announces he sort of, might of , be considering running for 2024. But mosty it'll be insane ramblings.

I was passing a neighbor's house on the way from work today. This neighbor usually flys the Trump flag.
It was at half mast.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2022, 06:31 PM   #3
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

I predict it'll be cancelled, or a vague rant about elections.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2022, 06:36 PM   #4
crescent
Philosopher

He will announce that he is the second avatar of Jesus Christ. Third testament of the Bible (fourth if you're Mormon) will be forthcoming as soon as he finds a suitable ghostwriter (whom he'll stiff).

The newest testament may take the form of a PowerPoint presentation set to 80's Christian Rock music.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2022, 06:38 PM   #5
marting
Illuminator

He's running. Can't see himself as a loser.
Old 14th November 2022, 06:40 PM   #6
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
He will announce that he is the second avatar of Jesus Christ. Third testament of the Bible (fourth if you're Mormon) will be forthcoming as soon as he finds a suitable ghostwriter (whom he'll stiff).
It will be the first time a part of the bible is published in Twitter-form (or Truth social) first.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2022, 06:43 PM   #7
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marting View Post
He's running. Can't see himself as a loser.
But if he announces he is running, 1) the republican party will stop paying part of his legal bills, 2) a bunch of the money he has scammed from donors for 'political purposes' will be under more scrutiny, and 3) if he runs again and loses it will be even harder on his ego.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 14th November 2022, 06:47 PM   #8
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
You should be ashamed of yourself, associating Donald Dump with the fine and honorable Planet X!
Old 15th November 2022, 01:23 AM   #9
Mojo
Mostly harmless

He will announce a special offer on landscaping.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 01:36 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

His great mate, Elon Tesla is giving him his Twitter account back.
Old 15th November 2022, 01:55 AM   #11
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
His great mate, Elon Tesla is giving him his Twitter account back.
Twitter is hemorrhaging money like it was one of Trump's businesses.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 02:00 AM   #12
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

IMO the grand announcement will be an incoherent stream of consciousness rant against foes real and imagined and political commentators will divine from it whatever message they choose.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 02:05 AM   #13
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
IMO the grand announcement will be an incoherent stream of consciousness rant against foes real and imagined and political commentators will divine from it whatever message they choose.
Whatever it is, his cult members will be having more orgasms than a bunny breeding farm.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 03:55 AM   #14
Flo
Illuminator

All of the above …
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 03:58 AM   #15
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

"I'll be making an historic, if not the most historic announcement ever in two weeks' time"
Old 15th November 2022, 04:05 AM   #16
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

He'll announce that he's setting up a school, a Trump University if you will, where he'll personally teach everybody how to make millions selling Trump steaks and timeshares in Trump Doonbeg. It will be the greatest, most beautiful university around and there won't be no libral conspiracies like Crikkital race theory or that Biden won in 2020 taught there either.

Naturally enough it'll take him over 5 hours to read this out.
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 04:09 AM   #17
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gulliver Foyle View Post
He'll announce that he's setting up a school, a Trump University if you will, where he'll personally teach everybody how to make millions selling Trump steaks and timeshares in Trump Doonbeg. It will be the greatest, most beautiful university around and there won't be no libral conspiracies like Crikkital race theory or that Biden won in 2020 taught there either.

Naturally enough it'll take him over 5 hours to read this out.
I heard he is going to release a new coffee, Trump Covfefe, it's processed the same way as civet coffee is, after all so many of his followers are used to eating up the **** that comes out of his mouth they may as well drink it as well.
Old 15th November 2022, 06:15 AM   #18
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

In order to stroke his own ego,
and in order to distract some of the public from his numerous legal problems,
and in order to distract some of the public from his numerous failed mid-term canididates,
and in order to grift some more donations from his foolish supporters,
and in order to give some free publicity to Mar-a-Lago,

then I expect that later today (15 NOV 2022), that Trump will announce his canididacy for the 2024 Presidential race.

On 15FEB2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:05 AM   #19
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

trump's 'hometown' newspaper, the Palm Beach Post, reports the announcement will be made this evening. Prime time!
Quote:
Trump is widely expected to finally state from his Mar-a-Lago club that he is launching a 2024 comeback campaign for the White House...Trump publicly designated Tuesday evening as the time and place for letting the country know his plans. Palm Beach Post link
I can't wait.
newyorkguy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:07 AM   #20
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

What I want to happen.

- He rips off a "Mission Impossible" style latex mask to reveal he is actually Andy Kaufman and the entire Trump persona is just the greatest performance art shtick in history.

What will happen.

- The orange douchebag will announce he's running in 2024, probably with a lot of stupidity that makes the big vein in my head want to pop and a lot of inflammatory language.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:34 AM   #21
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

He's launching his own rival to Twitter, of course.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:37 AM   #22
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

He is starting his own Jan 6th Commission and calls on his followers to go dumpster diving in the refuse from the homes of Representatives from either Party.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:49 AM   #23
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

That he's been diagnosed with terminal orange bile overproduction and wishes to be remembered solely for what he considers his greatest work: his cameo in the Home Alone movie. He's going to retire from the limelight and spend his remaining days working with architects at Mar a Lago to construct a fitting tomb. It will be orange gold and shaped like a dollar sign.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:03 AM   #24
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Launching a crypto currency. The timing is perfect.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:05 AM   #25
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Not to be outdone by Musk, Trump announces he's buying Google+.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:11 AM   #26
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

He has found another Hunter Biden laptop.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

We are Groot - Groot
Old 15th November 2022, 08:16 AM   #27
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

He'll straight up deny he ever ran for or was the President.

"I have no idea where all this talk of me being President came from. I've been quietly working at Trump Tower in New York for the last 6 years. I think I would remember if I was ever President, because I would have been the best President of all time."

Most Republicans, Fox News, and a half dozen people on this board all agree that Trump was never President.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:29 AM   #28
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Flo View Post
All of the above …
And simultaneously.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:49 AM   #29
ahhell
Illuminator

65% chance, he will announce that he will announce in the future but he's really thinking about it.
100% chance nonsensical rambling with some jokes.

1% chance he announces he will not run.
ahhell is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:50 AM   #30
ahhell
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I really really hope so.
ahhell is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 09:36 AM   #31
Armitage72
Philosopher

There's a still unproven story on Snopes about someone going to a bank and trying to "cash" a $5000 Trump novelty souvenir bill as if it were legitimate money. May as well make it official and have his own Trump Bucks.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 10:37 AM   #32
plague311
Great minds think...

I think he'll announce he's going to be running because of the "unwritten rule" that the DOJ, FBI, etc. won't arrest a candidate. He thinks of no one but himself, and that's the biggest thing he's facing right now.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 10:38 AM   #33
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Real talk I will be zero percent surprise if he doesn't actually say/announce anything, just one of his stupid stream of consciousness rambles full of lies, threats, insults, and weird old man babbling.
Old 15th November 2022, 10:42 AM   #34
Hans
Philosopher

Yeeaaaah Trumpchange
Hans is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 10:47 AM   #35
Lothian
should be banned

Launching a crypto currency.
"and a picture of me in my MAGA hat will adorn each note."
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 10:49 AM   #36
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Yeeaaaah Trumpchange
Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
"and a picture of me in my MAGA hat will adorn each note."
"Sir this is just a wadded up hodgepodge mix of Monopoly money, Marlboro Bucks, and what looks like 20 dollar bills you photocopied all with 'Trump Bucks' scribbled on it in Sharpie."
Old 15th November 2022, 11:23 AM   #37
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Well, ...

at least a Trump crypto currency could not be any more of miserable failure than his many, many, many other miserably failed business ventures.

On 15FEB2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 11:28 AM   #38
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

He's definitely running. There's already merch for it. Google "Trump 2024: the revenge tour"
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 11:45 AM   #39
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Well, ...

at least a Trump crypto currency could not be any more of miserable failure than his many, many, many other miserably failed business ventures.
I'm surprised he hasn't already launched one. Seems like its a fantastic industry to fleece gullible people out of millions as there seems to be almost no regulation. And right now the main exchange left running is Chinese owned*. Convincing his followers to buy into his 'murican exchange seems like a no brainer.

*Binance is about 7 times bigger than the 2nd largest exchange Coinbase
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 11:51 AM   #40
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Trump's base is old people. He'd have better luck selling gold or Reverse mortgages or one of those "Check your Medicare zip code" call in numbers or something like that.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics