IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags politics , trump

View Poll Results: What will Trump's big 'announcement' be on Tuesday?
He is officially running for president 20 35.71%
An unofficial "Thinking of running" but not officially running for president 9 16.07%
Legal action of some time (such as against criminal investigations into his activities) 0 0%
Something business-related 0 0%
No announcement, just ranting 15 26.79%
Announcement gets cancelled 4 7.14%
Something else 3 5.36%
Trump is from planet X, and will now be returning home 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th November 2022, 11:55 AM   #41
wareyin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
I'm surprised he hasn't already launched one. Seems like its a fantastic industry to fleece gullible people out of millions as there seems to be almost no regulation. And right now the main exchange left running is Chinese owned*. Convincing his followers to buy into his 'murican exchange seems like a no brainer.

*Binance is about 7 times bigger than the 2nd largest exchange Coinbase
Wasn't one of his kids part of the Let's Go Brandon cryptocoin thing?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 01:19 PM   #42
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Probably praising Putin for the missiles landing in Poland.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 01:30 PM   #43
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
However, he still has a big announcement planned for Tuesday.
I believe I heard that was happening at 4:00. I assume that is EST and in roughly a half hour from now. Anyone know enough details to confirm that?
Old 15th November 2022, 01:31 PM   #44
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I believe I heard that was happening at 4:00. I assume that is EST and in roughly a half hour from now. Anyone know enough details to confirm that?
I heard 9 eastern.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 01:33 PM   #45
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

I heard 9 eastern.
Aw.
Old 15th November 2022, 01:33 PM   #46
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

From Reuter's Newfeed (November 15, 20223:23 PM EST Last Updated 9 min ago)

Quote:
PALM BEACH, Fla., Nov 15 (Reuters) - Donald Trump was set to launch a new White House bid on Tuesday from a gilt-edged ballroom at his Florida resort, hoping to box out potential Republican rivals and return his false claims of election fraud to the center of U.S. politics.

Trump's announcement, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET (0200 GMT on Wednesday) at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach follows a disappointing showing in last week's midterm congressional elections that many Republicans blame on him.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...ds-2022-11-15/
Old 15th November 2022, 01:34 PM   #47
arayder
Illuminator

It will be worth noting how much DJT goes off script.

If he thinks he's at one of his rallies and goes into an extended rant, rambles or stoops to name calling it may well add to the perception that he's way over the hill.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 01:36 PM   #48
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I heard 9 eastern.
9 Eastern in two weeks!
Actually 9:00 PM EST makes some sense (considering it's Trump) in that it's time for evening news on the West Coast.
And although I voted "no announcement, just a rant", I expect there actually will be some sort of announcement, followed by a rant. 2020 election stolen, 2022 election stolen, RINOS, illegals, DeSantis, McConnell, and probably Obama!
Old 15th November 2022, 01:43 PM   #49
arayder
Illuminator

We can compare his 2015 announcement with this one and see if he appears to be in decline.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 03:16 PM   #50
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He will announce that he is running, but not as a Republican ("since they treated him so badly"). He's going to start his own party, the Party of Trump. (Note: not "The Trump Party" -- that implies there'd be more than one important figure in it.) The caps will be gold-colored. I haven't come up with a slogan yet.
Old 15th November 2022, 03:31 PM   #51
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
He will announce that he is running, but not as a Republican ("since they treated him so badly"). He's going to start his own party, the Party of Trump. (Note: not "The Trump Party" -- that implies there'd be more than one important figure in it.) The caps will be gold-colored. I haven't come up with a slogan yet.
Please please pretty please make this be true. I think even Biden would easily win '24 if that happens (electorally speaking, popular vote wise it'll be like 2020).
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 03:47 PM   #52
Lothian
should be banned

Making America's Nazis Impassioned Again.

Trump obviously would be the Making America's Nazis Impassioned Again Chief.

Last edited by Lothian; 15th November 2022 at 03:48 PM.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 04:19 PM   #53
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Make MAGA Great Again?
Gulliver Foyle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 04:40 PM   #54
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if he will double down on The Election Was Stolen line, which many in the GOP are blaming for the Mid Term losses.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 04:41 PM   #55
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I'm surprised he hasn't already launched one. Seems like its a fantastic industry to fleece gullible people out of millions as there seems to be almost no regulation. And right now the main exchange left running is Chinese owned*. Convincing his followers to buy into his 'murican exchange seems like a no brainer.

*Binance is about 7 times bigger than the 2nd largest exchange Coinbase
Not taking thousands of pages of documents also seemed like a no brainer.

As for my guess:
“I am acquiring land in DC to build - and the very best people marvel at my building expertinance [sic] - I’m going to build the People’s White House where I will rule with a vengeance. Of course I’ll need non-tax-deductible donations from all of you. But this is what it will talk to make American Great Again.”

Of course the announcement will include all the greatest hits
“And then this man started to cry.”
“And they said ‘Sir, you are our only hope”
“People say that God sent me to Save America”
“In two weeks”
“(I’ve recalled my investigators from Hawaii and told them to investigate the FBI) they have discovered shocking news”

Last edited by Ladewig; 15th November 2022 at 04:47 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 04:58 PM   #56
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

God With Us?

Ein Reich, Ein volk, Ein Trump?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 05:00 PM   #57
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Trump's announcement, scheduled for 9 p.m. ET (0200 GMT on Wednesday) at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach
Is this going to be one of these:
Quote:
We interrupt this program to bring you the following breaking news. We now go live to Mar-a-Lago.
I hope not.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 05:05 PM   #58
crescent
Philosopher

Lord Trump will inform his subjects that se has finished coating himself with sand trout and will now live for 10,000 years.

All Hail the God-Emperor of Mar-a-Lago!
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 05:17 PM   #59
Thermal
Suspended

"Freedom Underminded by Certain Knowledge of Election Deception Under Pence 2024!"

Pretty long for a hat. Might need to use the acronym.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 05:22 PM   #60
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I wonder if he will double down on The Election Was Stolen line, which many in the GOP are blaming for the Mid Term losses.
There is not the slightest possibility that he won't. And he'll simultaneously blame the GOP for betraying him.
Old 15th November 2022, 05:27 PM   #61
autumn1971
Illuminator

Ya’ll need to be more optimistic. Maybe a spokestroll will announce that he has inoperable terminal cancer and he’s going to die slowly and in great pain.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 05:34 PM   #62
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

They just showed a shot of the room. LOTS of U.S. Flags, and two MAGA banners. If they're electronic, they may change to a new slogan. Doesn't look like any special entrance is planned, just a stage. I only saw one red hat but it said TRUMP FOREVER on it.

I wonder if he's going to mention all that "Fake News" media in the back of the room? (even though he invited them all).

Last edited by alfaniner; 15th November 2022 at 05:36 PM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 05:52 PM   #63
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
There is not the slightest possibility that he won't. And he'll simultaneously blame the GOP for betraying him.
Not so sure he is ready to totally break with the GOP yet.
But yeah, he will double down on the stolen election..desprie the fact that the lection showed most Americans don't buy it.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 05:59 PM   #64
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Getting ready for the big announcement. Gee, I can't wait.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Total BS.jpg (61.7 KB, 25 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 06:00 PM   #65
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

They just showed a shot of the room. LOTS of U.S. Flags, and two MAGA banners. If they're electronic, they may change to a new slogan. Doesn't look like any special entrance is planned, just a stage. I only saw one red hat but it said TRUMP FOREVER on it.

I wonder if he's going to mention all that "Fake News" media in the back of the room? (even though he invited them all).
Not only mention, but suggest that his supporters should assault them.
Old 15th November 2022, 06:05 PM   #66
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump already claiming that Kari Lake had the election stolen from her.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 06:08 PM   #67
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Yes he is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wow that is something.jpg (26.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 15th November 2022, 06:51 PM   #68
crescent
Philosopher

Facebook reminds fact-checkers Trump is off limits if he says he’s running again for president

???

Just run for office forever, and the major social media companies will just let you lie, lie, lie all the time and use their platforms to do it and do nothing to stop it.

More and more using social media makes me feel dirty.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 06:53 PM   #69
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I am also running for President.

Up is down, black is white, everyone is a poopie head.
Old 15th November 2022, 06:55 PM   #70
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

He's running again.

Quote:
CNN

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday filed his paperwork establishing his candidacy to run for the presidency again in 2024.

Trump’s paperwork landed with the Federal Election Committee shortly before he was expected to make his announcement at Mar-a-Lago, his Florida waterfront estate.

This story is breaking and will be updated.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:01 PM   #71
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"America: It's mine."
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:02 PM   #72
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Ya’ll need to be more optimistic. Maybe a spokestroll will announce that he has inoperable terminal cancer and he’s going to die slowly and in great pain.
Don't tease. It's cruel.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:08 PM   #73
MarkCorrigan
¡No pasarán!

Well he's filed the paperwork to run in 2024.

He's also having them play "Do You Hear The People Sing?" from Les Mis before he takes the stage.

Do...do these people not understand the musical or something? The revolutionaries singing it are Socialists.

When I give food to the poor, they call me a Saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist. - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:09 PM   #74
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Wow 5 lies already... Just think only 103 more weeks until he goes away again... /Fml
Old 15th November 2022, 07:09 PM   #75
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump must be furious: CNN is covering his announcement, but giving much more atteantion to the Russian Missile landing in Poland.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:10 PM   #76
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Wow 5 lies already... Just think only 103 more weeks until he goes away again... /Fml
Has he declared himself divine yet?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:14 PM   #77
lobosrul5
Illuminator

50 miles into Poland huh?
Old 15th November 2022, 07:16 PM   #78
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Listening to Trump with fresh bottles of Kaopectate and Pepto Bismol.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:17 PM   #79
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Listening to Trump with fresh bottles of Kaopectate and Pepto Bismol.
Beer and Dramamine for me.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:19 PM   #80
Ryan O'Dine
OD’ing on Damitol

Location: Walk in an ever expanding Archimedean spiral and you'll find me eventually
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I am also running for President.

Up is down, black is white, everyone is a poopie head.
Promise to Make America Poopie Again and you'll have my vote.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics