IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags politics , trump

View Poll Results: What will Trump's big 'announcement' be on Tuesday?
He is officially running for president 20 35.71%
An unofficial "Thinking of running" but not officially running for president 9 16.07%
Legal action of some time (such as against criminal investigations into his activities) 0 0%
Something business-related 0 0%
No announcement, just ranting 15 26.79%
Announcement gets cancelled 4 7.14%
Something else 3 5.36%
Trump is from planet X, and will now be returning home 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th November 2022, 07:19 PM   #81
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He's claiming "even the Democrats are admitting" that the Ukraine invasion would not have happened under him.

Someone hand me basket I can vomit into.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 15th November 2022 at 07:26 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:20 PM   #82
Ryan O'Dine
OD’ing on Damitol

Location: Walk in an ever expanding Archimedean spiral and you'll find me eventually
Are we going to have start counting his lies per sentence all over again? That was exhausting.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:20 PM   #83
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

[quote=lobosrul5;13945390]50 miles into Poland huh?[/QUOTE

And what is his take on the Russian Missile hitting Poland.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:21 PM   #84
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
He's claiming "even the Democrats are admitting" that the Ukraine invasion would not have happened under him.

Some one hand me basket I can vomit into.
That is why I don't have the stomach to watch.
How much is he pushing the Big Lie?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:24 PM   #85
lobosrul5
Illuminator

[quote=dudalb;13945397]
Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
50 miles into Poland huh?[/QUOTE

And what is his take on the Russian Missile hitting Poland.
Never would've happened on his watch and Dems are gonna lead to nuclear armageddon because they're too focused on climate change.

ETA: he said the strike was 50 miles into Poland, my previous post probably not too clear for those that didn't watch.

Last edited by lobosrul5; 15th November 2022 at 07:50 PM.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:24 PM   #86
Apathia
Philosopher

Can the media just ignore the Kyarn this time?
Let him rant in his rallies but not cover it?

No. They want to be there when he goes starkers starker, rips off his clothes and begins foaming at the mouth while writhing on the floor.

To quote Aunt Slappy, "That's comedy!"
Nobody wants to miss that!

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:26 PM   #87
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The fact checking people must be going crazy right now.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:26 PM   #88
Warp12
King of Kings

Quote:
PALM BEACH, Fla. – Former President Donald Trump announced that he is running for the 2024 Republican nomination for president, seeking to stage a dramatic return to the White House after having lost his bid for re-election to Joe Biden in 2020.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/don...-run-president
Old 15th November 2022, 07:27 PM   #89
Tero
Master Poster

What's the phrase now? Magaga?

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:27 PM   #90
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Needs more flags.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:28 PM   #91
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He's just declared the GOP has 'taken over Congress'. I guess he hasn't heard about the Senate.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:30 PM   #92
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He has never been much for facts.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:30 PM   #93
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
And you are laready burning incense before you altar to him.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:31 PM   #94
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Only true thing he said tonight: "Our country is being destroyed before our very eyes".

Yep, by this Bozo and his fellow fascist clowns.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:33 PM   #95
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Wow Alyssa Farah, his former press secretary, said he's unfit to be president. On CNN.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:33 PM   #96
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Let the fact checking begin!
Old 15th November 2022, 07:37 PM   #97
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And you are laready burning incense before you altar to him.

You have to admit that this is a delicious development. I mean, it throws so many clanging monkey wrenches into the mix. Should be entertaining, at the very least.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:37 PM   #98
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Wow Alyssa Farah, his former press secretary, said he's unfit to be president. On CNN.
She's been saying that for some time now.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:41 PM   #99
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You have to admit that this is a delicious development. I mean, it throws so many clanging monkey wrenches into the mix. Should be entertaining, at the very least.
No, it's not a "delicious development". It's overwhelmingly pathetic. Unless, of course, "entertainment" is more important the our democracy.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:41 PM   #100
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He came across as a deflated balloon.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:43 PM   #101
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He officially announced about 25 minutes ago. He's still talking.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:46 PM   #102
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The fact checking is already exposing his lies. They've got a long night ahead of them.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:50 PM   #103
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The fact checking is already exposing his lies. They've got a long night ahead of them.

A lot of lie detectors just exploded tonight.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:50 PM   #104
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

I have to agree. It’s very entertaining to watch the historically epic losers in the Republican Party continue to learn nothing and eat themselves alive.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:51 PM   #105
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
He officially announced about 25 minutes ago. He's still talking.

Dictators love to have long rants. Hitler for instance.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:53 PM   #106
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Someone hand me basket I can vomit into.
That's when I bowed out, I really couldn't take it. His sycophants really will just swallow whatever he spews. Pathetic.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:55 PM   #107
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

No, it's not a "delicious development". It's overwhelmingly pathetic. Unless, of course, "entertainment" is more important the our democracy.
It the Joker mentality. They just want to see things burn.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 07:55 PM   #108
Blank
Scholar

Did he actually run a policy of death penalty for drug dealers? Or was he just rambling incoherantly.
Blank is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 07:57 PM   #109
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
What's the phrase now? Magaga?
Yeah. It's amazing to me that America was terrible before him, when the Kenyan was in charge, then it was great for four years, then terrible again for two years. I didn't realize it was so up and down during that time, I really wasn't paying attention.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:01 PM   #110
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

At least he allowed this much older crowd to sit down. He could see they were getting antsy about 20 minutes ago.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:02 PM   #111
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Did he actually run a policy of death penalty for drug dealers? Or was he just rambling incoherantly.
Just spewing lies.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:03 PM   #112
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Yeah. And he does not even want to bring them to trial.
He has been proposing that for years.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:06 PM   #113
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

What gets to me is he is not even a clever liar. His lies are so damn easy to expose.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:15 PM   #114
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
A lot of lie detectors just exploded tonight.
It's worth noting that DJT avoids forums, like courts or well managed debates, during which the facts can be established or his claims can be refuted. In the second half of his term he even avoided news interviews during which he knew he'd be asked tough questions.

If he gets dragged into court over January 6, his document theft or his meddling in the 2020 Georgia vote count he won't be able to put flags up all over the room and control what's said.

If DJT gets indicted on any of these matters it will be interesting to see if he tries to shout down the court in the part of the media that's friendly to him. And one wonders if the courts will be able to stop him from "trying the case on the court house steps".

It seems to me he's had enough sense to shut his pie hole during the tax case against his businesses.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:26 PM   #115
arayder
Illuminator

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
It will be worth noting how much DJT goes off script.

If he thinks he's at one of his rallies and goes into an extended rant, rambles or stoops to name calling it may well add to the perception that he's way over the hill.
He stayed on message for the first part of the speech (okay there were a lot of untruths) and then wandered in crazy land pretty badly at the end.

I don't understand why he'd hand the media that he hates a bucket full of sound bites which they can play over and over so as to make him look like a demented old conspiracy theorist.

Last edited by arayder; 15th November 2022 at 08:28 PM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:30 PM   #116
Armitage72
Philosopher

The Lincoln Project apparently had this ready to go.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

"The choice is simple. It's America, or Trump."
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:53 PM   #117
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Wow 5 lies already... Just think only 103 more weeks until he goes away again... /Fml
Until four years after that; Trump is Michael Myers (the Halloween one, not the Austin Powers one).
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 08:59 PM   #118
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Shucks, I was kind of hoping for a Budd Dwyer presentation.
Old 15th November 2022, 09:11 PM   #119
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
If only he would shoot his mouth off the same way.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2022, 09:15 PM   #120
lobosrul5
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Hey man, nice shot.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics