IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags politics , trump

View Poll Results: What will Trump's big 'announcement' be on Tuesday?
He is officially running for president 20 35.71%
An unofficial "Thinking of running" but not officially running for president 9 16.07%
Legal action of some time (such as against criminal investigations into his activities) 0 0%
Something business-related 0 0%
No announcement, just ranting 15 26.79%
Announcement gets cancelled 4 7.14%
Something else 3 5.36%
Trump is from planet X, and will now be returning home 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th November 2022, 12:00 PM   #201
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

SCOTUS has always, literally always, came down on the "States decide how their elections are run" side. They wouldn't stop it during their best days, as as Bronn said to Jaimie Lannister their best days are far behind them.
Old 16th November 2022, 12:11 PM   #202
Ryan O'Dine
OD’ing on Damitol

Location: Walk in an ever expanding Archimedean spiral and you'll find me eventually
In a way I'm almost relieved he's running again. It allows for the possibility of Trumpism being repudiated in a final, decisive blow. Not that it's inevitable, just that if he'd stayed on the sidelines manipulating the GOP from the shadows, the best we might have hoped for is a slow MAGA fizzle with time to morph into something equally bad. I don't think any failures on the legal front would have nearly the impact of a disaster on the political front.

And yes, I know you have to be careful what you wish for.
Old 16th November 2022, 12:37 PM   #203
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Regarding the possibility of a Trump/DeSantis ticket mentioned several pages back:
They are both residents of Florida. Electors are constitutionally barred from casting their votes for two candidates from their own state. That's why Dick Cheney had to rent a PO box in Wyoming back in 2000, since he and W were both living in Texas.
Easy solution would be for Trump to "officially" move back to NY, of course, but he doesn't seem to be getting along with DeSantis anyhow.
Old 16th November 2022, 01:13 PM   #204
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
SCOTUS has always, literally always, came down on the "States decide how their elections are run" side. They wouldn't stop it during their best days, as as Bronn said to Jaimie Lannister their best days are far behind them.
I wouldn't say they "Always" come down on "let the states decide elections". The current (republican dominated) Supreme court may have. But sections of the voting rights act were actually ruled constitutional by the Supreme court in the earlier years.

From Wikipedia:

South Carolina v. Katzenbach: Ruled that certain states must have changes to district boundaries approved

Katzenbach v. Morgan prevented states from using literacy tests to suppress minority voters.

Granted that was decades ago, and a Robert's supreme court probably can't turn election control over to republican states fast enough.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:38 PM   #205
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Why would all those Alpha males want to vote for Trump when he was beaten by the Beta Biden? They don't want a loser!!

Of course I am
That's what I don't get. A candidate as bad as Biden beat Trump.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:43 PM   #206
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
New York Post on this: Florida Man makes announcement. Placed at the very bottom of the front page.
Murdoch had DeSantis as his favoured child now.

Trump can dial in to Fox and Friends all her wants. They won't be picking up.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:46 PM   #207
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I'm not saying that we don't have very serious problems to contend with regarding Trump and his cult. We do. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn.

What I am saying is that the American electorate has now rejected Trump and his brand of politics three times in a row, which each subsequent defeat more resounding than the last. It seems pretty clear that we're sick of this guy, and I don't see how that gets turned around in the next two years.
My concern is they come up with a kinder, gentler Trump;one who is slicker and not quite so obvious about what he is up to.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:46 PM   #208
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Trump is about to get hit with lawsuits about his Fake Elector scheme, and Kemp, now that the election is over, will have to testify about his "find my some Votes" phone calls.

This announcement is very much intended as a political shield, even though it won't work as a judicial one.
Why not? It already has, and that was without a bought supreme court.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:48 PM   #209
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
"That great gangster, Al Capone" -- using an analogy for Eric that the guy never got caught on all the other stuff, but on tax evasion.
Well, I keep on reading that Trump has had business dealings with members of a certain Italian American Fraternal Organziation.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:48 PM   #210
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
My concern is they come up with a kinder, gentler Trump;one who is slicker and not quite so obvious about what he is up to.
My (possibly naive) hope is that their stupid egos won't let them do that and that the same "Not only do I want to be wrong I want it to be your problem, lookit this chip on my shoulder, just lookit at" attitude all of Trump's supporters have won't translate to a saner candidate.

I've long said that the Right is fuming at having to put up an act. They want to go "We're stupid, we're racist, we're don't care about democracy, whatcha gonna do it about you beta soy librul cuck?" and more and more that's exactly what they are doing. Everyday the subtext becomes the text.
Old 16th November 2022, 01:49 PM   #211
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I will be blunt; that some progressives seem addicted to being eternally pessimetic and gloomy helps nobody but the enemy.
Napoleon' statment on Morale applies as much to poiitics as to military operations:The morale is often as ,if not more, important then the material .

Robert Heinlein.
Old 16th November 2022, 01:50 PM   #212
autumn1971
Illuminator

Unless it involves him actually being punished I don't care how fast or slow (within reason) it takes.

Trump living out the rest of his life sad that he lost isn't what I'm talking about.
I honestly do care, because it should be slow.
For heads of state that engage in the type of treason that the orange anus and all his followers have I am all for drawing and quartering.
They are scum. Sub-human trash. They deserve the worst deaths imaginable. And I have a vivid imagination.
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 01:51 PM   #213
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

The Progressives are always bitchy and toxic and insufferable for a few weeks after the Democrats don't suffer a loss because their "I told ya so" levels drop and they start getting the shakes. They are always more disappointed the Republicans didn't win as the Republicans are.

They usually get over it.
Old 16th November 2022, 03:18 PM   #214
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I wouldn't say they "Always" come down on "let the states decide elections". The current (republican dominated) Supreme court may have. But sections of the voting rights act were actually ruled constitutional by the Supreme court in the earlier years.

From Wikipedia:

South Carolina v. Katzenbach: Ruled that certain states must have changes to district boundaries approved

Katzenbach v. Morgan prevented states from using literacy tests to suppress minority voters.

Granted that was decades ago, and a Robert's supreme court probably can't turn election control over to republican states fast enough.

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 03:24 PM   #215
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I will be blunt; that some progressives seem addicted to being eternally pessimetic and gloomy helps nobody but the enemy.
Napoleon' statment on Morale applies as much to poiitics as to military operations:The morale is often as ,if not more, important then the material .
Have you read any of your posts here in the last six years?
My irony meter is now collapsed in on itself and is a neutron-star
-The Bard
Old 16th November 2022, 03:24 PM   #216
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Knives are coming out. The National Review:

Quote:
To paraphrase Voltaire after he attended an orgy, once was an experiment, twice would be perverse.
I rather like that--very Buckleyesque.

The Republican megadonor class is saying, "Include me out." Ronald Lauder, Blackstone CEO Steven Schwarzmann, and hedge fund founder Ken Griffen are all talking about funding Trump opponents.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 03:30 PM   #217
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
I honestly do care, because it should be slow.
For heads of state that engage in the type of treason that the orange anus and all his followers have I am all for drawing and quartering.
They are scum. Sub-human trash. They deserve the worst deaths imaginable. And I have a vivid imagination.

I agree, but instead we have a guy who stole top secret documents and tried to steal an election still running around freely shooting off his mouth about how America is a third world country and a "failure" - while running for President. **** you, *******. Who the **** do you think you are?

The founding fathers would have rightfully executed him by now for such traitorous behavior. Long ago probably. But no, he's running for President again!

For some reason these recent statements from him infuriate me more than a lot of other ones he's made. How dare you.

He needs to be silenced, arrested, indicted. I wish someone would just shoot him at this point, and that is legal for me to say.

Been in lurk mode but today I'm too pissed off to be quiet. Now that I see the Troll has returned I will decide whether or not to even bother lurking here anymore.
Old 16th November 2022, 03:44 PM   #218
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
He needs to be silenced, arrested, indicted. I wish someone would just shoot him at this point, and that is legal for me to say.

Advocating for Trump to be silenced and killed. Impressive...seriously.

I'm interested to see how many condemn this notion.

Last edited by Warp12; 16th November 2022 at 04:02 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 04:00 PM   #219
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

FactChecking Trump’s Presidential Bid Announcement
The TL/DR: He lies like a rug.
Old 16th November 2022, 04:09 PM   #220
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Seconded. Every trump supporter is a literal violent enemy of the foundation of the United States.
Violence, while I don’t condone or encourage it, is absolutely morally and ethically warranted against elected republicans and their supporters.
You know, in another thread, a person often guilty of the equivocal "I don't condone violence, but...." kind of statement pointed to this one, and maybe he's right. I think either you condone it or you don't. I think it would be more reasonable to say you don't usually condone violence, but that this is an exception."

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 04:26 PM   #221
Tero
Master Poster

Poor Trump. I know he loves his rallies and will now have two years of rallies. But he is such a bad loser, and the stealing elections will not work in 2024. He will lose. Only if Joe Biden dies before election day (and is the candidate) will Trump win.

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Parody: http://karireport.blogspot.com/
Poll: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...proval-rating/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 04:29 PM   #222
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post

All right, I'll bite. I do not want him killed. I would not mourn for a second if he drops dead. I believe he should be discredited, imprisoned, and fined into bankruptcy, with little career opportunity left beyond, perhaps, living in a shelter and working as a Wal Mart greeter, silenced not by statute but by disgusted colleagues telling him to shut up already. Maybe wandering the streets yelling his incoherent nonsense like other crazies ranting from fuse-blown brains. But no, not killed.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 05:01 PM   #223
8enotto
Master Poster

What guarantee is there chump gets the R nomination? If in fact DeSatanic gets nominated chump runs independent, ruining the chance of any R winning by actual votes.

He won't be silenced by anyone. This is his inflated ego he has to satisfy.

Slightly unrelated....
Nero kept his audience captive until he was done playing too. Chump has strange heros.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 05:01 PM   #224
Apathia
Philosopher

He may be road kill now, but I don't wish him literally dead.
I'd really like for that "Village" to exist where he could be exiled and called "Number One" to his ego's content, and should he try to leave the premises be retrieved by the "Rover."

My issue still remains with an electorate who'd have ever voted this turkey into office. He could vanish, but the real cancer remains.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 05:02 PM   #225
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Which notion?
Old 16th November 2022, 06:15 PM   #226
arayder
Illuminator

Please spare us the virtue check.

Last edited by arayder; 16th November 2022 at 06:16 PM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 07:49 PM   #227
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
All right, I'll bite. I do not want him killed. I would not mourn for a second if he drops dead. I believe he should be discredited, imprisoned, and fined into bankruptcy, with little career opportunity left beyond, perhaps, living in a shelter and working as a Wal Mart greeter, silenced not by statute but by disgusted colleagues telling him to shut up already. Maybe wandering the streets yelling his incoherent nonsense like other crazies ranting from fuse-blown brains. But no, not killed.
That's my feelings about him. If he is assassinated, it will only make him a martyr. Saying that, when he does die, I'll be throwing a "Dancing on his grave" party complete with balloons and party horns. And Cheetos.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 09:55 PM   #228
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
That's my feelings about him. If he is assassinated, it will only make him a martyr. Saying that, when he does die, I'll be throwing a "Dancing on his grave" party complete with balloons and party horns. And Cheetos.
Given the type of foods that he eats, instead of cheetos shouldn't that be KFC and a diet coke instead?

We are Groot - Groot
Old 16th November 2022, 09:59 PM   #229
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

How about we advocate for Trump to be treated the same way he wanted the families of terrorists to be treated? (i.e. not the terrorists themselves, but their wives/children.)

Remember in the 2016 election he suggested killing the families of terrorists. If you are upset with the thought of extrajudicial killing of someone like Trump, you should have been really really upset when Trump suggested killing women and children.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 16th November 2022, 10:04 PM   #230
Thermal
Suspended

+1

The good guys don't want their political adversaries gunned down in the street. That's why we are the good guys. I'd like to see him answer to his crimes, be sued into poverty, and spend his twilight years in a cell. But I would want the same for anyone who murdered him.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 10:07 PM   #231
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
How about we advocate for Trump to be treated the same way he wanted the families of terrorists to be treated? (i.e. not the terrorists themselves, but their wives/children.)

Remember in the 2016 election he suggested killing the families of terrorists. If you are upset with the thought of extrajudicial killing of someone like Trump, you should have been really really upset when Trump suggested killing women and children.

Is this some sort of bizarre whataboutism? Like, I'm supposed to condemn Trump as opposed to focus on the commentary here about silencing and murdering him?

I mean it isn't unexpected...I guess.

Last edited by Warp12; 16th November 2022 at 10:10 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 10:13 PM   #232
Thermal
Suspended

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

Well yeah, but as much as I was upset that Jeffrey Dahmer killed and ate his victims, I'd be more upset that someone I knew seriously suggested eating Dahmer. We don't roll like they do.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2022, 10:18 PM   #233
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Let's keep in mind that Trump declaring now is a clear admission of weakness, not strength.
Only aspirants with low name recognition have to declare early, to be able to monopolize media attention for a while and have voters become familiar with them, and, of course, have more time to fundraise and besiege potential donors.

It's pathetic that Trump has to declare now to get his 5 minutes in the News.
Old 17th November 2022, 12:05 AM   #234
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Is this some sort of bizarre whataboutism? Like, I'm supposed to condemn Trump as opposed to focus on the commentary here about silencing and murdering him?

I mean it isn't unexpected...I guess.
There's nothing bizarre about it. There's no "as opposed to" here. You can condemn people for advocating killing someone, and condemn him for advocating killing others. You can do both. It's not really that hard.

I have seen some other discussions in which the idea of "tit for tat" did not seem to sit so badly with you. Granted they did not involve actual assassination, but if you are opposed to its creeping into arguments, you'd do well to beware of it.

Old 17th November 2022, 12:12 AM   #235
Susheel
Master Poster

...I have seen some other discussions in which the idea of "tit for tat" did not seem to sit so badly with you. ,,,, if you are opposed to its creeping into arguments, you'd do well to beware of it.
Funny, how people who call out virtue signaling seems to be those who most often indulge in it. Those who accuse others of being snowflakes also are the whingiest. I guess a certain group loves to project their weakness on others.
Old 17th November 2022, 12:29 AM   #236
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

if you are an Originalist, like so many self-declared Conservatives are, you have to call for Trump to be shot for treason. Unless you want to go with the original meaning of Cruel and Unusual Punishment instead.
It's plain and simple.

But then, Originalism was always BS.

After all, Thomas Jefferson once shot a man on the White House lawn for treason.
As far as we know, he didn't, it's a false claim in the movie Password Swordfish.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 17th November 2022 at 12:35 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2022, 05:13 AM   #237
Gulliver Foyle
Muse

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Keep in mind there are State legislatures who are trying to pass State Laws that to give themselves the right to overturn the results of elections.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-power/670992/

Late last month, in one of its final acts of the term, the Supreme Court queued up another potentially precedent-wrecking decision for next year. The Court’s agreement to hear Moore v. Harper, a North Carolina redistricting case, isn’t just bad news for efforts to control gerrymandering. The Court’s right-wing supermajority is poised to let state lawmakers overturn voters’ choice in presidential elections.

Six swing states—Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina—are trending blue in presidential elections but ruled by gerrymandered Republican state legislatures.

Joe Biden won five of those six swing states in 2020. Donald Trump then tried and failed, lawlessly, to muscle the GOP state legislators into discarding Biden’s victory and appointing Trump electors instead.

Moore v Harper is a very, very dangerous case. If the SCOTUS rules in favour of the NC State legislature, they will be able to simply overturn, without cause, any presidential election result in their state if they lose.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...rper-explained
"The immediate issue in Moore [v Harper] is whether the state legislators’ extreme partisan gerrymander will stand in North Carolina. But adopting the independent state legislature theory would also mean that voters across the country have no judicial remedy — in state court or in federal court — to fight partisan gerrymandering.

The potential consequences could stretch still further. The theory would throw elections into chaos, nullifying hundreds of election rules put in place through ballot initiatives, state constitutions, and administrative regulations — including foundational state policies like the processes for voter registration and mail voting and basic guarantees like the secret ballot. State lawmakers would be able to adopt vote suppression legislation without any checks or balances from state courts or even gubernatorial veto. In other words, the theory would upend key aspects of our elections."
And if you don't think SCOTUS would allow this, think again. When they denied emergency relief to the NC gerrymanderers in March this year, Alito, Thomas and Gorsuch dissented as they did in 2020. Kavanaugh said he saw serious arguments on both sides but voted to leave the court-approved map in place for the 2022 elections.

That's three, possibly four votes for and three against (the liberal judges won't vote for it), so there is only Barrett and Roberts. It will only take one of them, and Kavanagh coming down on the conservative side, for the gerrymanders to win.

US democracy is hanging by a thread, and two SCOTUS judges are holding the scissors!

Terrorists is the word you were looking for.
It's at this stage that the six Roland Frieslers and their mini mes at lower levels need to be given an ultimatum, resign disgonourably or be shipped to Gitmo until you do, with any Senators looking to block Biden's subsequent picks being given the same options.

You don't oppose dictatorship by rolling over for autocrats.
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2022, 06:03 AM   #238
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I hope he has a long life Bankrupt and in Prison.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th November 2022, 08:33 AM   #239
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
I hope he has a long life Bankrupt and in Prison.
That, but I must say I would also not mind so much if, paroled, he joined the army of the demented, roaming the street with soup stained red tie streaming, cadging dimes for his next campaign, yelling "Not many people know this, but I'm the personal messenger of Jesus Christ, I am, I really am, just you wait..."

Old 17th November 2022, 02:27 PM   #240
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

How long until Trump lashes out at Murdoch, since it's clear Murdoch has dumped him?

Robert Heinlein.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics