IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd November 2022, 01:41 PM   #41
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
We coming dangerously close to someone forming the Silly Party and having a presidential candidate named Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel
He got 223 votes and beat the 'White Resident' candidate.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 02:28 PM   #42
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Due to the extraordinary level of political scandal, West's involvement in the attempted coup flew under the radar.

Kanye West Staff Intimidated Georgia Election Worker to Confess False Voter Fraud Charges
Looks like someone is going to be spending some time in jail.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 02:32 PM   #43
Warp12
King of Kings

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Due to the extraordinary level of political scandal, West's involvement in the attempted coup flew under the radar.

Kanye West Staff Intimidated Georgia Election Worker to Confess False Voter Fraud Charges
Quote:
She then put a man named Harrison Ford on speakerphone, who does not seem to be the Harrison ford, and can be heard offering Freeman protection if she confessed to fraud. He further claimed that if she were to decline the offer, she would go to jail

Well, if it does turn out to be the Harrison Ford...that's the ultimate plot twist right there.
Old 23rd November 2022, 03:57 PM   #44
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

Two people who absolutely deserve each other.

Now, if they can just get Jordan Petersen and Alex Jones on board, they'll be set.
The dream team.
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:39 PM   #45
grunion
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
I'm saving my vote for Tikki Tikki Tembo-no Sa Rembo-chari Bari Ruchi-pip Peri Pembo
Sorry, you’re out of luck. He’s fallen into the well.
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:11 PM   #46
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by grunion View Post
Sorry, you’re out of luck. He’s fallen into the well.
Where's Lassie when you need her?
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:21 PM   #47
Wildy
Adelaidean

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Two of the world's biggest attention whores join forces.
I think I'm finding this whole thing to be so ridiculous that my first thought was "what new Milo skin is going to drop this time?"
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:58 PM   #48
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Now, if they can just get Jordan Petersen and Alex Jones on board, they'll be set.
Well... you're close.

Kanye West spotted at Mar-A-Lago alongside mask-off neo-nazi Nick Fuentes

This is the same Nick Fuentes who had Marjorie Taylor Greene as a keynote speaker at a white nationalist conference.

To be fair, it's not clear just how much of an involved Nick was with Trump. But it is clear that Kanye is farther down the antisemitism pit than we may have initially realized.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th November 2022, 09:17 AM   #49
Ryan O'Dine
OD’ing on Damitol

Location: Walk in an ever expanding Archimedean spiral and you'll find me eventually
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Here in Oz we have the Paint The Harbour Bridge Another Bloody Colour Party (it's painted dark grey, by the way). And everyone knows this party, and all the above, are only jokes or cross-eyed loonies. And Ye West is just another, as far as the rest of the world is concerned.

The problem for the USA is there are enough voting-age adults who don't get the joke, and who then somehow and inexplicably get cult-like serious about them. Leading to...

What the hell is wrong with them??
Culture feeds individual psychology and psychology feeds culture. They're braids of a rope. When one starts twisting out of shape and the other doesn't moderate it, they both twist out of shape.
Old 24th November 2022, 10:48 PM   #50
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

When I clicked on the OP, I had to double-check the date twice because of deja vu. Of course, it's not really deja vu when you are reliving things.
Old 25th November 2022, 05:35 PM   #51
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
When I clicked on the OP, I had to double-check the date twice because of deja vu. Of course, it's not really deja vu when you are reliving things.

"Deja oh my ******* gawd not this **** again" is the appropriate term.
Old 25th November 2022, 10:12 PM   #52
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I think Milo is the more sane of the two, for sure. Maybe he can bring a little balance to the campaign.

Hopefully they pick a VP who is lighthearted. Maybe a stand-up comedian?
Trump as VP?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th November 2022, 07:33 AM   #53
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I’m saddened by news of Ye and Trump getting along.

I was so looking forward to a formal Trump/Ye debate. They each believe their raison d’être is to interrupt people.
Old 28th November 2022, 07:41 AM   #54
sarge
Philosopher

Mod InfoI’ve moved the off-topic conversation about Trump entertaining White Nationalists in his home to http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=355833
Posted By:sarge
Old 28th November 2022, 07:58 AM   #55
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

President West would likely be somewhat less harmful to the USA than President Trump redux. Of course the country would never fully recover from either.
Old 28th November 2022, 08:01 AM   #56
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
I’m saddened by news of Ye and Trump getting along.

I was so looking forward to a formal Trump/Ye debate. They each believe their raison d’être is to interrupt people.
I'm pleased to brighten your day: Trump is now trashing him.
Old 28th November 2022, 09:36 AM   #57
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I got a good laugh at Kanye asking Trump to be his VP.

Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics