IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 04:10 PM   #281
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Yet more Sol88 posts with ignorance, delusions or lies so the list needs an update.
254 items of ignorance, delusion and lies dating from 29 August 2016 to 23August 2017 (maybe hundreds more in the last 8 years!)
  1. 24 August 2017 Sol88: An idiotic question - comets are not made of rock so MUPUS-PEN was not tested into rock!
  2. 24 August 2017 Sol88: The problem is his ignorant delusions about a paper (bulk = not surface!).
  3. 24 August 2017 Sol88: Idiotic mention of a paper on ices and dust comets in his comet delusions thread.
  4. 24 August 2017 Sol88: A lie about an ""old chestnut" when we have mechanisms to put dust in the coma which he has cited .
  5. 24 August 2017 Sol88: Second idiotic mention of a paper on ices and dust comets in his comet delusions thread.
  6. 24 August 2017 Sol88: Third idiotic mention of a paper on ices and dust comets in his comet delusions thread.
  7. 24 August 2017 Sol88: Third time today not citing the papers he mentions and quotes.
  8. 25 August 2017 Sol88: Idiotic citing of a mainstream paper in a thread about his comet delusions.
  9. 25 August 2017 Sol88: Citing a paper that debunks the comets are rocks part of his delusions!
  10. 28 August 2017 Sol88: Usual idiocy of citing mainstream comet paper and lying about them (no rock in them).
  11. 28 August 2017 Sol88: Idiotic citation of an irrelevant mainstream comet paper.
  12. 28 August 2017 Sol88: Ignorant "double layer" fantasies.
  13. 28 August 2017 Sol88: Insanely ignorant statements about "bright spots" based on his comet delusions.
  14. 28 August 2017 Sol88: A probable lie about Hartley 2 (no citation).
  15. 28 August 2017 Sol88: A delusion about Hartley 2 since his comet delusions have no "water produced per surface area of nucleus" at all !
  16. 28 August 2017 Sol88: An irrelevant rant with the usual lies about the mainstream model.
  17. 4 September 2017 Sol88: The usual lie about comets being rock with citing mainstream ices and dust papers.
  18. 4 September 2017 Sol88: A couple of lies about the MUPUS-PEN design and testing that he has cited several times.
  19. 4 September 2017 Sol88: Usual unthinking parroting of Thunderbolts cult dogma of comets being rocks.
  20. 4 September 2017 Sol88: 8 years of denial of basic arithmetic (0.6 g/cc < 3.0 g/cc).
  21. 4 September 2017 Sol88: The idiocy again of citing mainstream comets are not rocks science!
  22. 4 September 2017 Sol88: Repeated idiocy of citing a mainstream comets are ices and dust paper, making deluded comments and a lie.
  23. 4 September 2017 Sol88: Repeats the 'ice' lie in an insanely ignorant and irrelevant question.
  24. 4 September 2017 Sol88: Repeated idiocy of citing a mainstream comets are ices and dust paper with a lie.
  25. 4 September 2017 Sol88: An irrelevant but correct comment about stratified materials for comets made of ices and dust !
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 04:52 PM   #282
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Sol88 View Post

Nope, I'm aware of nothing in the solar nebula hypothesis that would specifically preclude all methods of mixing.
Old 3rd September 2017, 04:54 PM   #283
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

So really would be quite the something considering!

Well, again it is "quite the something" when considering hardness.
Old 3rd September 2017, 05:32 PM   #284
jonesdave116
Philosopher

So really would be quite the something considering!
Let's make this easy , Sol. Start from here, dear; what is this?

That was 2011. So, what are we still talking about, lovey? The idiot Thornhill was wrong, wasn't he dear? Couldn't figure out some basic science. Like the solar wind hurtling into non-existent O- ions to create (water, OH)? What was that rubbish all about? Not going to happen, is it petal? Sci-Fi!
So, please, as has been asked before, many times, explain what we SHOULD have seen at this non-electric comet. I guess I don't need to link to previous posts by D. Talbott, or the garbage posted on Hollowscience, no?

Even as far as pseudoscience goes, this is a massive failure. Hardly bloody surprising, given the lack of scientific credentials of the burkes who came up with it, eh?

So, go on Sol, what is it that the two aforementioned loons came up with, that everybody else has missed? And then I'll link back to Talbott's post on here, re the predictions of what should be found. And wasn't.

However, please start with the above photo. What is it? Multiple choice, dear:

A) Limestone.
B) Ice.
C) An absolute disaster for the interplanetary division of the Medellin cartel.

Let's start from there, yes?

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2017, 05:53 PM   #285
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Lest we forget (and I can't be bothered with refs, because they've been done soooo many times);
The comet isn't rock (MIRO, CONSERT, plus orbital measurements, plus the 9P impact).
There IS H2O, as has been well known since 1985 (KAO), plus umpteen other detections.
There is no electric woo. As (not) measured. As per, for instance, the diamagnetic cavity at 1P and 67P. No magnetic field = (fill in as necessary).

To finish, without writing 5000 words, the electric comet woo has been shown to be total woo, as expected, by numerous missions to comets, as well as distant observations of such. It is nonsense. It is cretinous nonsense, in fact. It has ceased to be. It is an ex-idiotic idea. It has gone to meet the choir invisible. It is an ex idea.
Goodnight Polly. Bye bye David. Tata Wal. Try better next time. Loons.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 04:55 AM   #286
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
The bright spots are not ice but indeed the glow mode electric discharge machining of solid rock producing very fine dust composed on some comets as extremely high temperature minerals. Flash heated in a arc mode EDM, not seen on this low voltage outgassing comet. The bright spots also appear to be changing the surface as we watch.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious! No, Sol, the bright spots are, indeed, ice. As has been pointed out to you numerous times. With links to the papers. The fact that you still believe this garbage just shows that your belief system is just that; a belief system. You want to believe it, despite ALL the evidence showing you, and the loon Thornhill, to be wrong. And with not a scintilla of evidence to back up your loopy beliefs.

Detection of exposed H2O ice on the nucleus of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko as observed by Rosetta OSIRIS and VIRTIS instruments
Barucci, M.A. et al.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1609.00551.pdf

They even made temperature estimates of the icy spots. Now, how hot is this non-existent electric woo? What would be its signature with those instruments? Please explain. Scientifically.

Quote:
But it is coupled via complex plasma phenomena, including I'd say double layers!
Ye Gods! The arrogance and ignorance on full display here! An unqualified woo believer, who thinks that comets are rocks, blasted off of planets by thunderbolts of the Gods, lecturing an actual plasma astrophysicist (who did his PhD on double layers) about double layers! Unbelievable, Jeff.

Last edited by jonesdave116; 4th September 2017 at 05:08 AM.
Old 4th September 2017, 05:58 AM   #287
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Quote:
As if in the dust is coupled all the way from the rock hard surface of the comet, all the way in a circuit way out too whoop whoop and back! The focus for the energy is the comet nucleus itself!
What circuit? What energy? Whatever you are talking about (and it is very hard to tell), none of this imagined circuitry or energy is electrical woo, is it? Look up "diamagnetic cavity". It reaches from the surface to varying distances. A few hundred km at 67P, ~4500km at Halley. No magnetic field in that cavity. Plenty of dust, plenty of neutrals, some ions. None of it giving off a magnetic signature. Please explain. Scientifically.

Old 5th September 2017, 12:52 PM   #288
tusenfem
Illuminator

Another Rosetta_RPC tweet

"Final decent" paper by Kevin Heritier et al. on Vertical structure of the near-surface expanding ionosphere @ doi:10.1093/mnras/stx1459

I have not yet have time to read it through, heard some of it at meetings/telecons, but still no evidence of EC nonsense.
Old 5th September 2017, 01:46 PM   #289
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Let us use "Sol88-logic": Mentions ionosphere. Earth has an ionosphere. Earth is rock. Thus comets are rock !
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 03:08 PM   #290
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Let us use "Sol88-logic": Mentions ionosphere. Earth has an ionosphere. Earth is rock. Thus comets are rock !

Not to mention "ionosphere"--->"ions"--->electrical stuff--->thunderbolts!!!!
Old 5th September 2017, 04:14 PM   #291
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
Another Rosetta_RPC tweet

"Final decent" paper by Kevin Heritier et al. on Vertical structure of the near-surface expanding ionosphere @ doi:10.1093/mnras/stx1459

I have not yet have time to read it through, heard some of it at meetings/telecons, but still no evidence of EC nonsense.
I'm sure the paper was "decent". However, I'm sure Tusenfem meant "descent". English can be a bugger at times!
Interesting paper, too. Not a sign of any electrical woo on the way down. Just like Philae. I really wish that there was somebody associated with that cult who could just answer a few honest, scientific questions.
Given that nobody is actually sufficiently qualified within said cult, then we are just left to wonder.....

Old 6th September 2017, 01:04 AM   #292
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Some interesting figures from the paper flagged by Tusenfem;

The peak outgassing rate, just after perihelion, was ~1200 l/s. That is roughly 20-30 x lower than that measured at Halley in 1986. It is roughly 200 x lower than that estimated for Hale-Bopp in 1997.
At the time of the final descent, the outgassing rate was estimated at ~1 l/s. This is roughly what it was when Rosetta first caught up with the comet in September 2014. Despite this low rate, the number of neutrals measured by the Rosetta COPS instrumentation was higher than at any time during the mission, due to the proximity of the craft to the comet (1/r2, and all that).
However, even the lower of the figures above is at least 7 orders of magnitude greater than can be accounted for by Thornhill's idiotic and unscientific claims of solar wind H+ somehow combining with pretty much non-existent O-, to form OH, which stupid scientists then misidentify as H2O. Such a pity that he never sees fit to explain these horrendous travesties of science that he keeps making.

Vertical structure of the near-surface expanding ionosphere of comet 67P probed by Rosetta
Heritier, K. L. et al
https://academic.oup.com/mnras/artic...e-of-comet-67P (paywalled)

Last edited by jonesdave116; 6th September 2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 6th September 2017, 10:53 AM   #293
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Not to mention "ionosphere"--->"ions"--->electrical stuff--->thunderbolts!!!!
I would swear my toaster has a coma!
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 10:58 AM   #294
tusenfem
Illuminator

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
I'm sure the paper was "decent". However, I'm sure Tusenfem meant "descent". English can be a bugger at times!
Good catch!
Old 6th September 2017, 04:47 PM   #295
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Good catch!
My apologies. That might have sounded (in retrospect) a bit patronising. No offence meant. Blame it on Dutch beer. Amstel. I had no desire to create any dissent (sorry, I'll get my coat).

Old 7th September 2017, 01:27 AM   #296
tusenfem
Illuminator

My apologies. That might have sounded (in retrospect) a bit patronising. No offence meant. Blame it on Dutch beer. Amstel. I had no desire to create any dissent (sorry, I'll get my coat).
No problem! Look at what Steve Milan wrote as a reply to Rosetta_RPC on twitter :-)
Old 8th September 2017, 11:49 PM   #297
Sol88
Philosopher

Let's make this easy , Sol. Start from here, dear; what is this?

https://smd-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/sc...torm_strip.jpg

That was 2011. So, what are we still talking about, lovey? The idiot Thornhill was wrong, wasn't he dear? Couldn't figure out some basic science. Like the solar wind hurtling into non-existent O- ions to create (water, OH)? What was that rubbish all about? Not going to happen, is it petal? Sci-Fi!
So, please, as has been asked before, many times, explain what we SHOULD have seen at this non-electric comet. I guess I don't need to link to previous posts by D. Talbott, or the garbage posted on Hollowscience, no?

Even as far as pseudoscience goes, this is a massive failure. Hardly bloody surprising, given the lack of scientific credentials of the burkes who came up with it, eh?

So, go on Sol, what is it that the two aforementioned loons came up with, that everybody else has missed? And then I'll link back to Talbott's post on here, re the predictions of what should be found. And wasn't.

However, please start with the above photo. What is it? Multiple choice, dear:

A) Limestone.
B) Ice.
C) An absolute disaster for the interplanetary division of the Medellin cartel.

Let's start from there, yes?

Ok, lets.

I pick B, ice!

Spontaneous formation of nonspherical water ice grains in a plasma environment

Quote:
5. Conclusion [17] Our results demonstrate that ice grains spontaneously form in a suitably cooled plasma containing water vapor. No external nucleation material is required, i.e., homogeneous ionic nucleation takes place. Furthermore, the ice grains are aspherical when the background pressure is lower than a certain pressure and presumably this aspherical shape develops soonafter nucleation rather thanlater when the grains arelarge.
Hidden 'ice' not required

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th September 2017, 12:26 AM   #298
Sol88
Philosopher

Further, there seems to be some confusion,
Quote:
This bright material could be silicatic dust devoid of organic material, or, alternatively, icy grains.
????

One or the other?

Comet 67P outbursts and quiescent coma at 1.3 AU from the Sun: dust properties from Rosetta/VIRTIS-H observations

“The 'electric comet' is physically IMPOSSIBLE to model using mainstream science! PERIOD! True story! End of story!” Indagator

Last edited by Sol88; 9th September 2017 at 12:27 AM.
Sol88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th September 2017, 01:53 AM   #299
tusenfem
Illuminator

Hidden 'ice' not required
Huh? Care to enlighten us a little more? I assume this is more "evidence" for the EC model?

For those interested in the actual article here is the link to grl (paywalled, pdf available)
Old 9th September 2017, 02:02 AM   #300
tusenfem
Illuminator

Further, there seems to be some confusion, ????

One or the other?

Comet 67P outbursts and quiescent coma at 1.3 AU from the Sun: dust properties from Rosetta/VIRTIS-H observations
As usual some cherry-pick quoting from our friend Sol, the full sentences read:

Quote:
In addition, the measured large bolometric albedos (∼0.7) indicate bright grains in the ejecta, which could either be silicatic grains, implying the thermal degradation of the carbonaceous material, or icy grains. The 3 μm absorption band from water ice is not detected in the spectra acquired during the outbursts, whereas signatures of organic compounds near 3.4 μm are observed in emission. The H2O 2.7 μm and CO2 4.3 μm vibrational bands do not show any enhancement during the outbursts.
Note that this is about dust in an outburst, and not bright patches on the surface of the comet.

For those interested here is the link to mnras (paywalled, pdf available)
Old 9th September 2017, 04:02 AM   #301
Sol88
Philosopher

Quote:
which could either be silicatic grains, implying the thermal degradation of the carbonaceous material, or icy grains.
Or?

Silicatic grains can be confused as icy grains?

Mmmmmm......

Old 9th September 2017, 04:12 AM   #302
Sol88
Philosopher

Huh? Care to enlighten us a little more? I assume this is more "evidence" for the EC model?

For those interested in the actual article here is the link to grl (paywalled, pdf available)

So 'ice' need not be hidden under the rock/dust layer!

Shall we head down that rabbit hole?

How much dust to snuff out 'sublimation'? Thermal modelling of water activity on comet doi:10.1093/mnras/stx1607 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko with global dust mantle and plural dust-to-ice ratio

Or indeed the 'dust' can be lifted by sublimating gas? Is near-surface ice the driver of dust activity on 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko

Last edited by Sol88; 9th September 2017 at 04:21 AM.
Old 9th September 2017, 04:33 AM   #303
Sol88
Philosopher

Lest we forget (and I can't be bothered with refs, because they've been done soooo many times);
The comet isn't rock (MIRO, CONSERT, plus orbital measurements, plus the 9P impact).
There IS H2O, as has been well known since 1985 (KAO), plus umpteen other detections.
There is no electric woo. As (not) measured. As per, for instance, the diamagnetic cavity at 1P and 67P. No magnetic field = (fill in as necessary).

To finish, without writing 5000 words, the electric comet woo has been shown to be total woo, as expected, by numerous missions to comets, as well as distant observations of such. It is nonsense. It is cretinous nonsense, in fact. It has ceased to be. It is an ex-idiotic idea. It has gone to meet the choir invisible. It is an ex idea.
Goodnight Polly. Bye bye David. Tata Wal. Try better next time. Loons.
Magnetic field??

We are after the electric field?

Which has been confirmed on 67p. Effective ion speeds at ~200-250 km from comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko near perihelion

Quote:
ABSTRACT In August 2015, comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, the target comet of the ESA Rosetta mission, reached its perihelion at ~1.24 AU. Here we estimate for a three-day period near perihelion, effective ion speeds at distances ~200-250 km from the nucleus. We utilize two different methods combining measurements from the Rosetta Plasma Consortium (RPC)/ Mutual Impedance Probe (MIP) with measurements either from the RPC/Langmuir Probe (LAP) or from the Rosetta Orbiter Spectrometer for Ion and Neutral Analysis (ROSINA)/Comet Pressure Sensor (COPS) (the latter method can only be applied to estimate the effective ion drift speed). The obtained ion speeds, typically in the range 2-8 km s-1, are markedly higher than the expected neutral outflow velocity of ~1 km s-1. This indicates that the ions were de-coupled from the neutrals before reaching the spacecraft location and that they had undergone acceleration along electric fields, not necessarily limited to acceleration along ambipolar electric fields in the radial direction. For the limited time period studied we see indications that at increasing distances from the nucleus the fraction of the ions’ kinetic energy associated with radial drift motion is decreasing.
But telling is
Quote:
Making assumptions of collisionally coupled ions ease some of the complexity of ionospheric modelling as the influence of electromagnetic fields then is neglected.
Math to hard now!

Old 9th September 2017, 10:38 AM   #304
tusenfem
Illuminator

So 'ice' need not be hidden under the rock/dust layer!
Apparently you cannot read, but that was already widely known.
The plasma does not magically create the water that turns into ice grains.
As described in the paper:

Quote:
Figure 1 is a schematic sketch of our apparatus which differs from that used by Shimizu et al. [2010] by having direct injection of water vapor
and then they (and others) find that ice grains can be created, as the plasma temperature is low and the pressure is low (you know you can boil and freeze water at the same time if you lower the pressure at room temperature, we do it all the time in the lab for people visiting the labs, next to blowing up marshmellows), and interestingly in this case they are non-spherical.

no rabbit hole, it's just that you don't understand physics (nobody is perfect) and you just make up your own stories.
Old 9th September 2017, 02:53 PM   #305
Sol88
Philosopher

and then they (and others) find that ice grains can be created, as the plasma temperature is low and the pressure is low (you know you can boil and freeze water at the same time if you lower the pressure at room temperature, we do it all the time in the lab for people visiting the labs, next to blowing up marshmellows), and interestingly in this case they are non-spherical.

no rabbit hole, it's just that you don't understand physics (nobody is perfect) and you just make up your own stories.
Is that you, Reality Check?

Seems there IS water vapour at a comet, produced thru various electrochemical means. As the electric comet mob bang on about.

It's just interesting in the context of charged dust and complex dusty plasma.

Last edited by Sol88; 9th September 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:55 AM   #306
tusenfem
Illuminator

Is that you, Reality Check?
no it is tusenfem

Seems there IS water vapour at a comet, produced thru various electrochemical means. As the electric comet mob bang on about.
Care to present actual proof for this statement?
Old 10th September 2017, 01:18 PM   #307
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Please describe the electrolyte in this electrochemical reaction.
Old 10th September 2017, 02:56 PM   #308
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Sol88: Cites and lies about a mainstream paper not about his comet delusions

I pick B, ice!
We pick:
11 September 2017 Sol88: Cites and lies about a mainstream paper not about his comet delusions !
Quote:
Saturn's rings, terrestrial polar mesospheric clouds, and astrophysical molecular clouds are all dusty plasma environments where tiny grains of water ice are an important constituent.
Plasmas containing water ice grains are ubiquitous. Examples include certain of Saturn's rings [Goertz, 1989], terrestrial polar mesospheric clouds [Havnes et al., 1996], astrophysical molecular clouds [McClure et al., 2012], and comet tails [Davies et al., 1997].
The only relevance is comet tails where this mainstream paper has the empirically supported origin of water from a comet nucleus made of ices and dust.
Old 10th September 2017, 02:59 PM   #309
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Sol88: Repeated idiocy of citing a mainstream comets are ices and dust paper

11 September 2017 Sol88: Repeated idiocy of citing a mainstream comets are ices and dust paper.
Old 10th September 2017, 03:11 PM   #310
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Sol88: Ignorant fantasy that silicatic or icy grains supports his comet delusions

11 September 2017 Sol88: Ignorant fantasy that silicatic or icy grains in a comets are ices and dust paper supports his comet delusions.

A lie by citing the ices + dust paper with quote mining (pointed out by tusenfem).
The paper is about Comet 67P outbursts.
The observation is
Quote:
In addition, the measured large bolometric albedos (∼0.7) indicate bright grains in the ejecta, which could either be silicatic grains, implying the thermal degradation of the carbonaceous material, or icy grains. The 3 μm absorption band from water ice is not detected in the spectra acquired during the outbursts, whereas signatures of organic compounds near 3.4 μm are observed in emission. The H2O 2.7 μm and CO2 4.3 μm vibrational bands do not show any enhancement during the outbursts.
The albedos are from bright grains that can be silicatic or icy or both.
Old 10th September 2017, 03:19 PM   #311
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Sol88: Repeats the citation and lie about a mainstream paper

11 September 2017 Sol88: Repeats the citation and lie about a mainstream paper not about his comet delusions.
The paper mentions comet tails formed from mainstream ices + dust nuclei.

11 September 2017 Sol88: Cites and lies about a mainstream water activity paper not about his comet delusions.
Thermal modelling of water activity on comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko with global dust mantle and plural dust-to-ice ratio
Quote:
We apply the thermal models to investigate the impact of certain parameters of nucleus properties on water production. It is found that the measured water production of 67P can be overall attributed to sublimation of water ice with a mass abundance of a few to 10 per cent beneath a uniform dust mantle of several millimetres to one centimetre in thickness. Insofar as 67P is concerned, we argue against the necessity to invoke assumptions on localized water activity, or on the distinction of active/dormant surface areas.
He lies with 'sublimation' when the paper is about sublimation

11 September 2017 Sol88: Cites and lies about the mainstream near-surface ice paper again.
Is near-surface ice the driver of dust activity on 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Old 10th September 2017, 03:25 PM   #312
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Sol88: A "We are after the electric field?" being confirmed lie

11 September 2017 Sol88: A "We are after the electric field?" being confirmed lie.
He cannot even understand his own delusions about comets which demand an electric field around the Sun !

11 September 2017 Sol88: Cites and lies about a mainstream ion speeds paper not supporting his comet delusions.
Effective ion speeds at ~200-250 km from comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko near perihelion has the expected acceleration of ions by electric fields within the comet coma. The lie is that this is his delusion of a solar electric field.
Old 10th September 2017, 03:30 PM   #313
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Thumbs down Sol88: A lie of water vapor being produced by "various electrochemical means"

Seems there IS water vapour at a comet, produced thru various electrochemical means.
11 September 2017 Sol88: A lie of water vapor being produced by "various electrochemical means".
The paper he is lying about is non-spherical water grains produced in the lab by injecting water vapor into a low pressure and temperature plasma as tusenfem told him.

Old 10th September 2017, 04:49 PM   #314
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Magnetic field??

Which has been confirmed on 67p. Effective ion speeds at ~200-250 km from comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko near perihelion

But telling is

Math to hard now!
Err, sorry? What are you on about now? Lol.

Old 10th September 2017, 05:00 PM   #315
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Let us put this out there, for the hard of thinking;
According to the idiot Thornhill:
Quote:
“The cathode jets strip and ionize atoms of oxygen from minerals on the comet and accelerate the negative ions away in a fine jet. The oxygen ions then combine with the protons in the solar wind to form the hydroxyl radical, OH, which was mistakenly assumed to be evidence of an ultraviolet breakdown product of water molecules from the comet. Oxygen and hydrogen have both been found in the comet’s coma, by the Rosetta ultraviolet spectrometer.”
Scientifically impossible. Anybody disagree? What does the idiot think was found by the KAO at IR wavelengths that can only be water, back in 1985? At Halley? What does this uneducated loon think is found at ~ 557 GHz at comets? By ODIN, or Rosetta? The bloke is an idiot. Yes? Can we stop discussing this lunatic's idiotic nonsense? The bloke is a jerk. As are his uneducated followers.
Anybody got anything scientific to say?

Old 10th September 2017, 05:11 PM   #316
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Or?

Mmmmmm......
No, dummy. Just no. Dear me. Absorption. Emission. Dear, they tell you what the product you are looking at actually is. Yes? Jesus H. Christ. How hard can this be?
tl;dr; get an education.

Old 10th September 2017, 05:32 PM   #317
jonesdave116
Philosopher

Hahahahahahahha. Hahaha. Deary me. The 'electric comet mob' are a bunch of no nothing eejits, yes? Please, do tell us, scientifically, how solar wind H+ combines with non-existent O- to form OH? And then you can go on to tell us how this gets mistaken as H2O, by people who are far more educated than you, or the idiot Thornhill? Yes? That would be a good start. Yes? It is scientifically illiterate nonsense. Isn't it, dear? Complete garbage. From a stupid Aussie burke who wouldn't know his arse from his elbow. N'est-ce pas?
Conman. Ever heard the word, Sol? That is who you follow. A complete pudding, with zero scientific knowledge.
Now; stop polluting this board with your idiotic, unscientific crap. Please.

Old 12th September 2017, 03:49 PM   #318
Sol88
Philosopher

@Tusenfem

How's the tail excursion paper coming? Champing at the bit for a gander.

Old 12th September 2017, 07:20 PM   #319
Sol88
Philosopher

Hahahahahahahha. Hahaha. Deary me. The 'electric comet mob' are a bunch of no nothing eejits, yes? Please, do tell us, scientifically, how solar wind H+ combines with non-existent O- to form OH? And then you can go on to tell us how this gets mistaken as H2O, by people who are far more educated than you, or the idiot Thornhill? Yes? That would be a good start. Yes? It is scientifically illiterate nonsense. Isn't it, dear? Complete garbage. From a stupid Aussie burke who wouldn't know his arse from his elbow. N'est-ce pas?
Conman. Ever heard the word, Sol? That is who you follow. A complete pudding, with zero scientific knowledge.

Yeah, those dropkicks, ay!

Well now there just kick'n back watching the "mainstream" confirm the theory for them

The evidence for the dominate electrical activity is now overwhelming.

Whipple's model is dead in the water and it's all the 'mainstreamers' had.

Still can't work out how the "jets" work eh?

Old 12th September 2017, 07:21 PM   #320
Sol88
Philosopher

Your back of the envelope calculation is crap

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology