ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags antifa conspiracies , Turning Point USA

Old 15th September 2020, 07:47 AM   #81
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Butter! View Post
America is over. I've just accepted my doom at this point.
Let's not go crazy now. We're having a rough patch. Things can still turn around.
Old 15th September 2020, 08:39 AM   #82
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

It's not often, but there are times when it's a relief to be into my eighth decade. But I worry about the younger folks in my family.
Old 15th September 2020, 08:46 AM   #83
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

One of the few tattoos I've always considered getting was the quote attributed to Winston Churchill: Never, Never, Never Give Up.
Old 15th September 2020, 10:06 AM   #84
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
One of the few tattoos I've always considered getting was the quote attributed to Winston Churchill: Never, Never, Never Give Up.
Is that a Rickroll?
Old 15th September 2020, 10:48 AM   #85
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Quote:
Speaking today at a fire press briefing, Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts said his biggest fear is that out of state firefighters here to help could be confronted by vigilantes because they have out of state license plates.
Right wingers, worse than useless in an emergency.

https://twitter.com/ryanjhaas/status...55322925649921
Old 15th September 2020, 11:10 AM   #86
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Don't be so glum. There's still time to turn the country around. It can even be done peacefully at this point. But that window is rapidly closing.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 01:47 AM   #87
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Right wingers, worse than useless in an emergency.

https://twitter.com/ryanjhaas/status...55322925649921
Well then, ******* arrest them. Put your SWAT team together, get your cans of whoopass out of the armory and go screw some gun barrels in peoples' ears. Do it to a couple of checkpoints and the rest will magically disappear.

Seriously, what the **** does a white guy with a gun have to do to get arrested?

Last edited by Craig4; 16th September 2020 at 01:49 AM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 07:36 PM   #88
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Don't be so glum. There's still time to turn the country around.
Doubtful
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 08:35 PM   #89
Bubba
Illuminator

Fake Antifa arsonist carrying fake matches,

Fake angry property owner with fake gun,

Fake news.

In the video, the woman can be seen detaining the man on the road as she asks him why he was going into her property with matches in his hand.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-b448867.html
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 08:41 PM   #90
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Fake Antifa arsonist carrying fake matches,

Fake angry property owner with fake gun,

Fake news.

In the video, the woman can be seen detaining the man on the road as she asks him why he was going into her property with matches in his hand.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-b448867.html
That video is totally fake, dude.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2020, 08:48 PM   #91
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post

Right

Thats the point.
Old 16th September 2020, 09:59 PM   #92
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
It is so obviously fake, I'm dumbfounded that anyone would be naive or stupid enough to be taken in by it...

But hey, Trump supporters I guess.....

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 16th September 2020 at 11:19 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:43 AM   #93
catsmate
No longer the 1

worried about "antifa" starting fires and then looting their property after they evacuate or
Has this happened? How often?
are they worried about non-ideological criminally minded people starting fires and then looting their property after they evacuate or
are they worried about people not starting a fire but taking advantage of the situation and looting their property after they evacuate?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:47 AM   #94
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Let's not go crazy now. We're having a rough patch. Things can still turn around.
True, The Nazis controlled Germany for twelve years.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:59 AM   #95
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
True, The Nazis controlled Germany for twelve years.
There's no Soviet army to save us this time though.
Old 17th September 2020, 05:28 AM   #96
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://nbcpalmsprings.com/2020/09/1...and-resources/

On one level, Q morons confusing the Bureau of Land Management which is working hard to fight the fires with Black Lives Matter is so dumb it's funny.

This is another, dark example of why conspiracy theorists need to learn their place and not inject themselves in important matters. The stupidity here is actually causing harm and distracting resources and personnel who should be working on protecting lives and property. Their kind need to stick with the moon landings and Elvis sightings and not involve themselves in matters that require the attention of serious, rational adults.
Old 17th September 2020, 11:02 AM   #97
Allen773
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
There's no Soviet army to save us this time though.
To be fair I wouldn't want the Soviet army to save us, if I had a choice in the matter.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 03:18 PM   #98
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post

Have there ever been people associated with antifa who intended to start wildfires so they could then loot? Not that I am aware.

Have there ever been people who started wildfires because they wanted to loot? Not that I am aware of. I suppose it's possible but it would be pretty stupid to set fire to property that you wanted to loot. Fire tends to destroy valuable lootable property.

Has anybody ever intentionally started a wildfire? Uh...yeah.

Has there ever been looting following a fire or other natural disaster? Uh...yeah.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2020, 04:27 PM   #99
Axxman300
Illuminator

Have there ever been people associated with antifa who intended to start wildfires so they could then loot? Not that I am aware.

Have there ever been people who started wildfires because they wanted to loot? Not that I am aware of. I suppose it's possible but it would be pretty stupid to set fire to property that you wanted to loot. Fire tends to destroy valuable lootable property.

Has anybody ever intentionally started a wildfire? Uh...yeah.

Has there ever been looting following a fire or other natural disaster? Uh...yeah.
Antifa is just the new right-wing bogey man.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-arson-arrests

Quote:
Arson arrests during fire season are nothing new. Some involve people with mental illness or pyromaniac compulsions, others are people being careless, say, at a gender reveal. But with the US election firmly underway, incidents like the one involving Lopez have been swept up in a wave of right-wing online conspiracy theories designed at discrediting climate change scientists and playing into President Trump’s message about a breakdown of law and order in Democratic-leaning states.

Most notably, people have falsely claimed some of the fires were arson attacks committed by antifa, a loosely defined group of left-wing, anti-fascist activists that Trump has called a "terrorist organization." This fear-mongering — particularly in Oregon, which has been the site of deadly clashes between right- and left-wing demonstrators in recent months — has even led some residents to vow to defy evacuation orders and remain in their burning towns in order to "defend" them from the purported arsonists. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office has even had to remove checkpoints set up by residents who had been forcing cars to stop. Photographers and journalists have been accused of being arsonists and looters, and have been threatened and even held at gunpoint as a result.

Amid the swirling falsehoods, the FBI has had to intervene, releasing a statement on Friday making clear that reports of "extremists" being behind the fires had been investigated and were found to be untrue. "Conspiracy theories and misinformation take valuable resources away [from] local fire and police agencies working around the clock to bring these fires under control," the FBI's Portland division said.
Old 19th September 2020, 07:47 PM   #100
Bubba
Illuminator

Here is a messenger to attack.

FARRELL: Evidence Of Criminal Human Activity Causing Wildfires

https://www.judicialwatch.org/in-the...ity-wildfires/
Old 19th September 2020, 08:16 PM   #101
Bubba
Illuminator

Dont forget, buzzfeed and MSM lie to protect democrat militant antifa arsonists
Old 19th September 2020, 08:59 PM   #102
Elagabalus
Philosopher

That article is a ******* joke.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 09:02 PM   #103
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Present the evidence of this.
Old 19th September 2020, 09:29 PM   #104
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

This is a lie.
Old 19th September 2020, 09:49 PM   #105
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

What is the supposed goal of lighting these fires?

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2020, 10:06 PM   #106
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Ask the fire-breathing Jews.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM   #107
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Same reason they light fires in cities

Its what they do

Its not rocket science
Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM   #108
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Same reason they light fires in cities

Its what they do

Its not rocket science
Except that they didn't and you lied.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #109
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba

Looks like you've been chugging that Trump Kool-Aid again

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; Yesterday at 12:56 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #110
Bubba
Illuminator

No silly.

The war on truth and humanity began long before anyone heard of Trump.

The Deep State/media unholy marriage is merely the current version.

You are the one with Kool Aide oozing from your eyes and ears.

Do carry on in your state of denial.

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rovppzw2qd...lAid.png?raw=1

Looks like you've been chugging that Trump Kool-Aid again

Last edited by Bubba; Yesterday at 02:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #111
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Posted by Bubba
The war on truth and humanity began long before anyone heard of Trump.
Your so-called "war on truth" is a fiction that exists only in the minds of the Idiocracy and the Stupidati that inhabit the ranks of dumb-ass conspiracy theorists.

You're partially, right that this conspiracy theory predates the Trump Presidency, but it does not pre-date Trump himself. Remember the ludicrous BS that was "birtherism"? If you are looking for a war on truth you can start with that one - and Trump was the most prominent promoter of birther conspiracy theories as far back as 2010.

ETA: Oh, and can you remember who declared antifa to be a "terrorist organization"?

Last edited by smartcooky; Yesterday at 04:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #112
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

Sooooo you and your fellow Q-Anon followers are claiming Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch (Fox) are protecting democrat militant antifa arsonists?

This is comedy gold!

Matthew Ellard is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM   #113
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

The Deep State/media unholy marriage is merely the current version.
Soooooo......Bubba? Who is the "Deep State" contact that Fox News is married to?
Matthew Ellard is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:22 AM   #114
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Well, it is an easy target, so thanks for that.

Quote:
Over the past week, PolitiFact summarily shot down allegations of human-made fires
Did you check the link for that, Bubba? The link in the article? Because it clearly shows how that sentence is a bare-faced lie.
Did you look at the list of people arrested for arson? How many of them were antifa? (I got as far as number 6, and only one of them was mentioned as a BLM activist. No mention of antifa up to there).
It is so funny how you do this, Bubba.
Every. Single. Time.

BubbaBingo points:
1. Bubba will ignore this completely, and go on to the next unfounded accuation.
2. Non-factual rebuttal.
3. Attempt at gaslighting. ("I never said they were antifa" or something like that).
4. Ignores it for a while, then posts it again as if nothing had happened.

Good luck, everyone!
Old Today, 04:30 AM   #115
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Well then, ******* arrest them. Put your SWAT team together, get your cans of whoopass out of the armory and go screw some gun barrels in peoples' ears. Do it to a couple of checkpoints and the rest will magically disappear.

Seriously, what the **** does a white guy with a gun have to do to get arrested?
Cops and right wing vigilantes, name a more iconic duo.

Quote:
Drivers who were stopped said they were asked to identify themselves and their connection to the town and claimed that on at least two occasions, police were on the scene and did not intervene in the illegal traffic stops.
Cops side with armed right wing extremists almost every time. Cops and Klan, hand in hand. Always have been, always will be.

Quote:
Robinson said she was questioned by a “heavily armed” man carrying a AR-style long gun and a visible sidearm. She said the man asked at one point: “You’re not from around here, are you?” which Robinson, who is African American, understood as having racist overtones.

Eventually the men let her pass on to her friend’s place. On her return journey, she was stopped again. She said she saw two Multnomah county sheriff’s office (MCSO) cruisers stopped by the roadblock, and an officer talking with one of the people running it. She said the deputies did nothing to intervene in the illegal stop.
Armed vigilantes stopping black travelers and questioning them about their business. Nothing for cops to be concerned about here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dblocks-police

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; Today at 04:32 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #116
rambaldi
Critical Thinker

Carry a Biden Flag and protest against the orange Turd...
rambaldi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories