ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 8th October 2019, 03:44 PM   #1401
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Is he shifting to Warren in his hourly attacks?
Hell, it's more like an endless parade of two minute hates.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 03:48 PM   #1402
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Quote:
”Radical Left Dem Mayor of Minneapolis, Jacob Frey, is doing everything possible to stifle Free Speech despite a record sell-out crowd at the Target Center."
And yet somehow folks on the right don’t see him as a whiney little bitch who is too cheap to pay his own way despite raising record amounts of money.

I wonder if it is possible for President Trump to lose because of his unwillingness to spend the raised funds? That would be hilarious.
Old 8th October 2019, 04:24 PM   #1403
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Is it a bigger crowd than Elton John got?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 04:57 PM   #1404
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
In that case he's probably playing marbles.
By "playing", do you mean sticking them up his nose then snorting them across the room at Mulvaney? Because if what you really mean is sticking them up his nose then snorting them across the room at Mulvaney, I completely agree with you.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 05:41 PM   #1405
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Is it a bigger crowd than Elton John got?
He totally ripped off Elton John's crowd!
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 05:50 PM   #1406
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
He totally ripped off Elton John's crowd!
Perhaps, but his impression of Elton was striking.
Old 8th October 2019, 06:09 PM   #1407
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Seems unlikely to me that the military would refuse a lawful order like that.
I would hope that military orders from the president would have a very well defined, no-exceptions line of communications between the White House and the Pentagon. Further, I would hope that line did (does) not include twitter.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 06:25 PM   #1408
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
From that link:
Quote:
The Situation Room uses voice-to-text software to create a rough transcription in real time — no recording is made — and then the note-taker takes a first pass at cleaning it up by correcting any obvious garbled moments.
Why not? It seems obvious that a recording is better than the process stated in the link. All the additional reviews and commentary by NSC experts is also valuable; I'm not suggesting dropping that.

Nixon's taping system proved immensely valuable - just not to Nixon. Why does the NSC not use a tapping system?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 06:32 PM   #1409
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Even if we assume that people are recollecting the passage of time accurately (and if there's one thing I've learned from reading hundreds of CT threads over the years, it's that this is not a safe assumption), and even if we assume that therefore some material must have been omitted from this record, we still can't assume that any one set of ellipses must indicate an omission. It's possible for the same record to have ellipses that indicate omission, and ellipses that indicate idiomatic speech. It's possible that all of the omissions were handled simply by leaving a space between a period (.) and the capital letter starting the next sentences, and all the ellipses represent people trailing off in speech, as one does from time to time.

Not that it really matters. I just find it interesting the way assumptions inform "factual" conclusions.
For example, time could be taken by translators confirming and/or correcting a phrase or sentence so that both sides have the same sense of what was said. I can see that taking several minutes.
Old 8th October 2019, 06:37 PM   #1410
SezMe
post-pre-born

I wonder if somehow conservatives are more susceptible to that, <snip>
I think there is evidence that they are. Right-wing AM radio is awash in right-wing loons with endless ads for buying gold, Erectile Dysfunction, etc. That wouldn't continue if the advertisers weren't getting their money's worth. So those ads and those loons who run them must appeal to the gullible.

QED
Old 8th October 2019, 07:14 PM   #1411
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
From that link:

Why not? It seems obvious that a recording is better than the process stated in the link. All the additional reviews and commentary by NSC experts is also valuable; I'm not suggesting dropping that.

Nixon's taping system proved immensely valuable - just not to Nixon. Why does the NSC not use a tapping system?
I suspect it's a diplomatic courtesy out of deference to world leaders who prefer/expect not to be taped.
Old 8th October 2019, 07:17 PM   #1412
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
I think there is evidence that they are. Right-wing AM radio is awash in right-wing loons with endless ads for buying gold, Erectile Dysfunction, etc. That wouldn't continue if the advertisers weren't getting their money's worth. So those ads and those loons who run them must appeal to the gullible.

QED
If it weren't for the insurance and moderate-to-severe drug ads, (besides the constant Trump coverage) CNN would be out of business. I'm at the point where I have to turn some of them off because I'm so sick of them.
Old 8th October 2019, 10:07 PM   #1413
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

I wonder if somehow conservatives are more susceptible to that, of if it's just the current climate that made them more receptive to the con.
Short version - yes. Not that liberals and other non-conservatives are immune, but that conservatives tend to respond better to authoritarian/tribalism and fear messaging. With fear messaging, their rationality tends to be impaired. Implicitly playing on group loyalty tends to have a much greater effect on conservatives, given that they tend to value loyalty to their in-group much more highly than liberals. The right-wing propagandists tend to be well aware of this - and, in fact, the so-called "merchants of doubt" are likely mostly "right-wing propagandists" specifically because it's easier and much more effective to target that group of people to accomplish their goals.

I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as divine right of presidents.
It's that thing that lets Trump ignore subpeonas, hide his tax returns, and violate the law constantly.

Is he shifting to Warren in his hourly attacks?
Warren is in a position where she's increasingly likely to win the nomination, so yes, the GOP smear machine is trying to focus on her even more. So far, all they've got is utterly lame material to work with, of course.

In other news...

It should come to no one's surprise that even the GOP controlled Senate has ended up admitting something -

Senate Committee: Russian intelligence backed Trump and smeared his GOP opponents in 2016 primary

Uh huh.

Trump supporter wields loaded gun to menace woman with Warren bumper sticker

Civility - Party of Trump style.

Breaking: ISIS involved in heavy attacks against Kurds. UPDATED: Turkish invasion within 24 hours.

May Trump burn for the entirely foreseeable horrors that he has wrought. Their blood is on his hands, as much as ISIS', Erdogan's, and Putin's. I'd almost give him a pass for withdrawing those few Americans there, except for the pesky fact that he largely disarmed the Kurds on the assurance that the US would protect them, which made them a MUCH more enticing target for their enemies in the first place, besides the part where the US is broadcasting weakness and traitorousness. Also, looks like the Russians are in on this as their forces look like they're attacking from the other side.

Last edited by Aridas; 8th October 2019 at 10:13 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 10:08 PM   #1414
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

After making noises for two days, Parscale tweeted that everything's signed for the big get-together in Minneapolis. Frankly, I thought they'd find an excuse to pull out and martyr themselves to the deplorables as victims of liberal bigotry.

Wouldn't Minneapolis be his first big-city visit to somewhere that is not an iron-clad red district? With his regular fight-picking with Ilhan Omar and his claims that she's handing him the state, I figured he'd probably stay as far away from the big city voters as he could get. (Although I suppose if he believes the Cops For Trump are solidly on his side, maybe he's hoping for a riot in the parking lot.)

Is anyone in Minneapolis? Are there any demonstrations being planned?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 10:56 PM   #1415
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Short version - yes. Not that liberals and other non-conservatives are immune, but that conservatives tend to respond better to authoritarian/tribalism and fear messaging. With fear messaging, their rationality tends to be impaired. Implicitly playing on group loyalty tends to have a much greater effect on conservatives, given that they tend to value loyalty to their in-group much more highly than liberals. The right-wing propagandists tend to be well aware of this - and, in fact, the so-called "merchants of doubt" are likely mostly "right-wing propagandists" specifically because it's easier and much more effective to target that group of people to accomplish their goals.
Have you read "The Authoritarians"?

https://www.theauthoritarians.org/

(Anyone who hasn't read it, needs to. It's very entertaining as well as being rock solid scientifically, and it's not long. And it's free!)
Old 8th October 2019, 11:00 PM   #1416
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
After making noises for two days, Parscale tweeted that everything's signed for the big get-together in Minneapolis. Frankly, I thought they'd find an excuse to pull out and martyr themselves to the deplorables as victims of liberal bigotry.

Wouldn't Minneapolis be his first big-city visit to somewhere that is not an iron-clad red district? With his regular fight-picking with Ilhan Omar and his claims that she's handing him the state, I figured he'd probably stay as far away from the big city voters as he could get. (Although I suppose if he believes the Cops For Trump are solidly on his side, maybe he's hoping for a riot in the parking lot.)

Is anyone in Minneapolis? Are there any demonstrations being planned?
There is.
Old 8th October 2019, 11:44 PM   #1417
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Radical Left Dem Mayor of Minneapolis, Jacob Frey, is doing everything possible to stifle Free Speech despite a record sell-out crowd at the Target Center. Presidents Clinton and Obama paid almost nothing! The Minneapolis Police have been incredible....

....In fact, the “Cops For Trump” T-shirt Web Site CRASHED because of incredible volume, but is now back up and running. Proceeds go to the Police Union Charities. See you on Thursday night in Minneapolis!
Tremendous volume? Is that a denial of service attack he doesn't understand?
Old 8th October 2019, 11:51 PM   #1418
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Thanks. The video won't play over here but I got all the sound. I know where I'd be Thursday at sunset if I was local to the area.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 11:53 PM   #1419
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
And in other news:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...m-court-battle
Donald Trump’s family firm is refusing to accept a legal bill worth tens of thousands of pounds after he lost a lengthy court battle against a windfarm near his Aberdeenshire golf course..

I am shocked, shocked I tell you! No, wait, no I'm not.

How could Trump have lost such a case? Hmm.... I wonder.

From the article:

He took his battle to the Scottish parliament, claiming the country’s heavy investment in onshore windfarms would ruin its tourism industry. In one famous exchange with MSPs, Trump insisted the committee did not need to call any witnesses to verify his claims. “I am the evidence,” he said. “I’m an expert in tourism. I have won many, many awards … if you dot your landscape with these horrible, horrible structures, you will do tremendous damage.”
It would be fantastic if they put a lien on his bank accounts or one of his buildings. With the building they could then force a foreclosure sale.
Old 9th October 2019, 12:35 AM   #1420
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Big Rally in Louisiana on Friday night. Must force a runoff with a Liberal Democrat Governor, John Bel Edwards, who has let your Taxes and Car Insurance get too high, and will never protect your 2nd Amendment. Vote for one of our two great Republicans on Saturday, force a runoff!

....If there is a Runoff in Louisiana, you will have a great new Republican Governor who will Cut your Taxes and Car Insurance, and do a fabulous job for you and your family. Vote Republican, the Party of Honest Abe Lincoln!

Gasoline Prices in the State of California are MUCH HIGHER than anywhere else in the Nation ($2.50 vs. $4.50). I guess those very expensive and unsafe cars that they are mandating just aren’t doing the trick! Don’t worry California, relief is on the way. The State doesn’t get it!

The Greatest Witch Hunt in the history of the USA!

“Bob Mueller was pursuing the FBI Director job when he met with President Trump in 2017, Administration officials say.” @FoxNews Bret Baier and Jake Gibson @seanhannity
This is true even though Mueller denied it!

Wow, Just Breaking: “The (big deal) Whistleblower had a ‘PROFESSIONAL TIE’ to 2020 Democratic Candidate.” Washington Examiner, @ByronYork In other words, was working with someone who was potentially running against me. Why wasn’t this reported by the ICIG? A Witch Hunt Scam!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 12:38 AM   #1421
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Does a State Governor have any say over car insurance or the 2nd Amendment?
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 12:50 AM   #1422
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Does a State Governor have any say over car insurance or the 2nd Amendment?
Car insurance is regulated at a state level:

Quote:
States’ authority to regulate auto insurance
Ultimately the regulation of auto insurance companies and rates is determined by each individual state. State insurance departments, carrying a variety of designations like “Division of Insurance” or “Insurance Department,” set the minimum coverage level required to drive legally in the state. They also decide how insurance companies can assess risk and determine pricing for state residents.

As with many laws, insurance regulation and required coverage is specific to each state based on the legislature’s best understanding of the needs of its constituency. For example, some states, like California, Hawaii, and Massachusetts, do not allow insurance companies operating in their states to use credit as a factor in determining rates. Or in states like Arizona, the Department of Insurance requires agents to offer a $0 glass deductible to customers purchasing a “full coverage” policy because windshield damage caused by sand and rocks is so common in that environment.
https://www.thezebra.com/insurance-n...car-insurance/

How much difference it makes and whether that power rests with the state legislature rather than the governor are things I don't know.

Regarding the second amendment, there are differences between states regarding gun laws. I'm guessing that any gun laws will need assent by the governor. I suppose a GOP governor could promise to veto any laws placing any restrictions on gun purchase, ownership or use whereas a Democratic Party governor could pass things into law if the state legislature had voted for them.

So there may be a grain of truth in some of what President Trump says but mostly it seems that he is just saying something, anything, to get that base out and voting.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 12:54 AM   #1423
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I can see why the Louisiana governor is unpopular with President Trump:

Quote:
Edwards gets credit for a bipartisan tax deal that stabilized state finances after a decade of budget crises and paid for a popular statewide teacher pay raise. His Medicaid expansion program dropped Louisiana’s uninsured rate below the national average, and the criminal justice overhaul he championed ended Louisiana’s tenure as the nation’s top jailer.
https://www.apnews.com/82e9dab5b1494890a02aeac67c67a4f8

How very dare he be fiscally responsible and stop people dying because they cannot get healthcare but most importantly, how very dare he support bipartisanship.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 01:21 AM   #1424
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Trump Tweets

Big Rally in Louisiana on Friday night. Must force a runoff with a Liberal Democrat Governor, John Bel Edwards, who has let your Taxes and Car Insurance get too high, and will never protect your 2nd Amendment. Vote for one of our two great Republicans on Saturday, force a runoff!

....If there is a Runoff in Louisiana, you will have a great new Republican Governor who will Cut your Taxes and Car Insurance, and do a fabulous job for you and your family. Vote Republican, the Party of Honest Abe Lincoln!

Gasoline Prices in the State of California are MUCH HIGHER than anywhere else in the Nation ($2.50 vs. $4.50). I guess those very expensive and unsafe cars that they are mandating just aren’t doing the trick! Don’t worry California, relief is on the way. The State doesn’t get it!

The Greatest Witch Hunt in the history of the USA!

“Bob Mueller was pursuing the FBI Director job when he met with President Trump in 2017, Administration officials say.” @FoxNews Bret Baier and Jake Gibson @seanhannity
This is true even though Mueller denied it!

Wow, Just Breaking: “The (big deal) Whistleblower had a ‘PROFESSIONAL TIE’ to 2020 Democratic Candidate.” Washington Examiner, @ByronYork In other words, was working with someone who was potentially running against me. Why wasn’t this reported by the ICIG? A Witch Hunt Scam!
He's setting the bar pretty low... force a runoff. The numbers heavily favor Edwards, who's pretty much a blue dog. The GOP candidates are so weak that Edwards could top the 50%. But it's just a party victory for the Dems if they win. Edwards is part of the old Louisiana Democrat machine and for his voting tendencies might as well be a Republican. He's pro-life, heavily Catholic and has done nothing to reform their horrid educational system.

Old 9th October 2019, 03:28 AM   #1425
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
Is there a facepalm big enough for this?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 04:15 AM   #1426
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

A Total Scam by the Do Nothing Democrats. For the good of the Country, this Wirch Hunt should end now!

Jesse Watters
@JesseBWatters
“The actual whistleblower himself, not only is he a registered Democrat, but he has a professional relationship with one of the democrats running against President @realdonaldtrump in 2020” #TheFive
Old 9th October 2019, 04:16 AM   #1427
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Whistleblower’s facts have been so incorrect about my “no pressure” conversation with the Ukrainian President, and now the conflict of interest and involvement with a Democrat Candidate, that he or she should be exposed and questioned properly. This is no Whistleblower.....

.....The Whistleblower’s lawyer is a big Democrat. The Whistleblower has ties to one of my DEMOCRAT OPPONENTS. Why does the ICIG allow this scam to continue?
Old 9th October 2019, 04:32 AM   #1428
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

In Sweden, it is against the law for authorities to research the identity of persons such as whistleblowers. I would have expected it to be the same in the US.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 04:34 AM   #1429
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

So make all Member Countries pay, not just the United States!

CBS Evening News
@CBSEveningNews
The United Nations is running a deficit of $230 million and may run out of money by the of end October, Secretary General Antonio Guterres says in a letter obtained by CBS News' @PamelaFalk https://cbsn.ws/2MsllQQ

Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East. Moved our 50 soldiers out. Turkey MUST take over captured ISIS fighters that Europe refused to have returned. The stupid endless wars, for us, are ending!
Old 9th October 2019, 04:36 AM   #1430
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

1.) How would Trump know the whistleblower is a registered Democrat? He shouldn't know who he is.
2.) Who the whistlerblower is doesn't matter at this point. The whistleblower is pretty irrelevant, the "transcript" the white house released is damning enough.
bonzombiekitty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 05:05 AM   #1431
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Thanks. The video won't play over here but I got all the sound. I know where I'd be Thursday at sunset if I was local to the area.
I'd love to go and wear the new redcap I just made (pictured here somewhere), but I'm not willing to risk a retaliation, whether mistaken or not.

But my main reason for not planning to go is that downtown has been a shooting gallery lately -- if they can't secure it on a regular weekend night I can't be sure they could do it for something as big as this.

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
In Sweden, it is against the law for authorities to research the identity of persons such as whistleblowers. I would have expected it to be the same in the US.
It is.
Old 9th October 2019, 05:17 AM   #1432
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

It would be fantastic if they put a lien on his bank accounts or one of his buildings. With the building they could then force a foreclosure sale.
Typically Trump. The news story linked included this passage:
Quote:
Trump fell out with Alex Salmond, the then first minister, who had championed Trump’s claims the economic benefits of his Aberdeenshire resort justified bulldozing a very rare dune habitat he was building it on, as well as overriding local planning rules. After Trump lost the supreme court case in 2015, Salmond branded him a “loser” and Trump retaliated by describing the then former first minister as a “has-been”.
I also like Trump telling Louisianians to vote Republican because it's "the Party of Honest Abe Lincoln." Is there a facepalm big enough for that? I don't think so. As I heard someone say, Trump is giving stupid a bad name!
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 05:23 AM   #1433
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Game-theory-wise, it is clearly in Trump's best interest to make the GOP look bad: as long as his personal poll numbers are better than those of the average Republican running, they can't risk publicly opposing him if they want to get reelected. .
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 06:01 AM   #1434
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.....

....IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!
Old 9th October 2019, 06:02 AM   #1435
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
It is.
Well then, there's another article of impeachment.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 06:03 AM   #1436
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Do Nothing Democrats are Con Artists, only looking to hurt the Republican Party and President. Their total focus is 2020, nothing more, and nothing less. The good news is that WE WILL WIN!!!!

The so-called Whistleblower, before knowing I was going to release the exact Transcript, stated that my call with the Ukrainian President was “crazy, frightening, and completely lacking in substance related to national security.” This is a very big Lie. Read the Transcript!

....No Pressure at all said Ukraine! Very congenial, a perfect call. The Whistleblower and others spoke BEFORE seeing the Transcript. Now they must apologize to me and stop this ridiculous impeachment!
Old 9th October 2019, 06:04 AM   #1437
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets...GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE...
Did I miss something? Why is Trump suddenly attacking George W. Bush? Does it have anything to do with Ellen DeGeneres?
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 06:08 AM   #1438
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE.....

....IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!
Is Trump aware that Iraq and Syria are two different countries and that Syria has used weapons of mass destruction last year?

Old 9th October 2019, 06:11 AM   #1439
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Is Trump aware...?
No, he isn't. He's not self-aware, he isn't aware of what's going in the ME, he isn't aware of public sentiment. He lives in his own world where he is the perfect person and the world is out to get him except those who support him.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 06:13 AM   #1440
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump's plan to make sure the US has the best Military is to never use it: it might get a dent.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics