IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd December 2020, 06:31 PM   #1
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Police raid "Autonomous Zone" in Staten Island

Hundreds Protest Closure of Staten Island Bar That Refused to Obey State Coronavirus Restrictions

Quote:
Nobody puts Staten Island bargoers in a corner, even a pandemic. A day after Mac’s Public House in the conservative New York borough was shut down by police, hundreds of Trumpy protesters staged an outraged demonstration outside the shuttered bar Wednesday night. The 400 protesters, largely maskless, crammed into the street outside the bar, surrounding police cars, waving American flags, and chanting “open up!” “The people have rights!” one protester yelled, “open the door, I’m thirsty!” according to the New York Daily News.

Mac’s Public House morphed into a right wing cause-celebre three weeks ago when it refused to comply with state and city coronavirus restrictions and its owners declared the business an “Autonomous Zone.” “We refuse to abide by any rules and regulations put forward by the Mayor of NYC and the Governor of NY State,” the bar said in a post on its Facebook page.
Police bad, right? Defund the police! I mean, they declared themselves to be an "Autonomous Zone" but the police went in there anyway. Such tyranny! Why should people have to put up with rules and laws that they don't like?
Old 3rd December 2020, 07:50 PM   #2
Mumbles
Philosopher

If there's one group in NYC that absolutely do not want to see police defunded, it's the police-heavy population of Staten Island.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2020, 08:31 PM   #3
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Under New Management: THE SOVEREIGN CITIZENS BAR AND LOUNGE

Spell it in all caps and they can't touch you!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2020, 09:24 PM   #4
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Hundreds Protest Closure of Staten Island Bar That Refused to Obey State Coronavirus Restrictions

Police bad, right? Defund the police! I mean, they declared themselves to be an "Autonomous Zone" but the police went in there anyway. Such tyranny! Why should people have to put up with rules and laws that they don't like?
I'm sure they don't grasp the irony.
Old 4th December 2020, 06:11 AM   #5
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Honestly this is a good grift. If you own a business in CHUD-land, don't let this cash cow pass you by.

Flaunt covid restrictions, get shut down, post unhinged screed on Facebook, and then rake in GoFundMe dollars promising to fight "tyranny".

Just be sure to not actually cross the line into incitement of violence. It's fine if your followers get locked up for taking a shot at cops, but you don't want any legal liability falling onto your lap. Dog whistle and speak broadly, but keep violent rhetoric well in the safe zone.

Canadian BBQ man has already shown the way:

Adam Skelly has been arrested under a few minor charges for refusing to comply with a shutdown order. one of his followers arrested for taking a swing at a cop.

$300,000 raised already and only more to follow. I think this translates to over a trillion dollarydoos in CAD.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-b...ules-1.5205328

https://www.gofundme.com/f/adamson-b...l-defence-fund

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 4th December 2020 at 06:17 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 07:40 AM   #6
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Honestly this is a good grift. If you own a business in CHUD-land, don't let this cash cow pass you by.

Flaunt covid restrictions, get shut down, post unhinged screed on Facebook, and then rake in GoFundMe dollars promising to fight "tyranny".

Just be sure to not actually cross the line into incitement of violence. It's fine if your followers get locked up for taking a shot at cops, but you don't want any legal liability falling onto your lap. Dog whistle and speak broadly, but keep violent rhetoric well in the safe zone.

Canadian BBQ man has already shown the way:

Adam Skelly has been arrested under a few minor charges for refusing to comply with a shutdown order. one of his followers arrested for taking a swing at a cop.

$300,000 raised already and only more to follow. I think this translates to over a trillion dollarydoos in CAD.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-b...ules-1.5205328

https://www.gofundme.com/f/adamson-b...l-defence-fund
The problem with that is that you will get dragged into the CHUD-spere, and it would be difficult to get out unscathed. These aren't normal people, but they have predictable reactions to betrayal.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 08:02 AM   #7
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
The problem with that is that you will get dragged into the CHUD-spere, and it would be difficult to get out unscathed. These aren't normal people, but they have predictable reactions to betrayal.
Sure, but I don't think it's necessary to betray these people to walk away with the cash. Things like this have a limited timeline. Eventually people will lose interest. Something else will become a flash point and the ChUDs will march off to that new battle.

I suppose there's always the risk that some whackadoo makes this a bigger deal by doing some act of terrorism, but prior examples show that people lose interest and the grifter can just quietly pack up the cash at the end.

There's the example of the Texas salon owner who basically did the same scam by defying a shutdown order. She did her week in jail and that's that.

Canadian BBQ man is facing some minor charges for his stunt, it's a perfect opportunity to pivot from open defiance to just fighting his legal battle, all the while soliciting donations.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 4th December 2020 at 08:04 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 10:00 AM   #8
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

I’m trying to find a news article about the protest indicating that the cops gassed and beat the protestors, and I’m surprised I haven’t found anything. My understanding is that this is how protests are handled by law enforcement in 2020.

On the brighter side, it’s doesn’t appear that any statues were vandalized, so I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief for that.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 10:16 AM   #9
Donal
Illuminator

They better hope insurance companies don't decide this is a violation of their policies.

Last edited by Donal; 4th December 2020 at 10:21 AM.
Donal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 10:21 AM   #10
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I’m trying to find a news article about the protest indicating that the cops gassed and beat the protestors, and I’m surprised I haven’t found anything. My understanding is that this is how protests are handled by law enforcement in 2020.

On the brighter side, it’s doesn’t appear that any statues were vandalized, so I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief for that.
I see the problem, nobody installed a Sacred Fence.
Old 4th December 2020, 10:23 AM   #11
xjx388
Philosopher

"Stop killing us!"
vs.
"I'm thirsty!"

If this doesn't illustrate the huge gap in American society and everything that is fundamentally wrong with us, I don't know what else would.
Old 4th December 2020, 10:49 AM   #12
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
"Stop killing us!"
vs.
"I'm thirsty!"

If this doesn't illustrate the huge gap in American society and everything that is fundamentally wrong with us, I don't know what else would.

There was a photo of demonstrators several months ago with someone waving a sign that said "I want a haircut". Of course, what it actually meant was "I want someone to cut my hair for me, and I don't care if I put them in danger".
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 10:56 AM   #13
johnny karate

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
There was a photo of demonstrators several months ago with someone waving a sign that said "I want a haircut". Of course, what it actually meant was "I want someone to cut my hair for me, and I don't care if I put them in danger".
Imagine having such a privileged life that the lack of access to grooming services is the thing that inspires you to take to the streets and protest.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 11:03 AM   #14
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

When will the cops bring back the old-school Prohibition practice of just smashing all their **** up with axes?

"Fine, you want to open up and serve beer? Good luck doing that with all your casks punctured, your lines cut, and your taps all bent out of shape! And I hope no one wants a chair...."
Old 4th December 2020, 11:48 AM   #15
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Imagine having such a privileged life that the lack of access to grooming services is the thing that inspires you to take to the streets and protest.
Who knew George Clooney was so forward thinking? The man's practically a fortune-teller.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 11:56 AM   #16
johnny karate

"Stop killing us!"
vs.
"I'm thirsty!"

Seconded.

And it’s not like these people are actually thirsty, they just want to get drunk in public.
Old 4th December 2020, 12:27 PM   #17
xjx388
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Yes. It's a perfect illustration of the concept of privilege.
Old 4th December 2020, 12:31 PM   #18
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Yes. It's a perfect illustration of the concept of privilege.
There might be a fine line argument between privilege, entitlement, and flaming selfish whiney douchebaggery.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 01:29 PM   #19
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

COnservatism in the US is in open rebellion against science and logic. They want to send us back into the Dark Agres, where "Faith" had total control.
Screw them. They need to be stopped...by any means necessary.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2020, 05:42 PM   #20
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
COnservatism in the US is in open rebellion against science and logic. They want to send us back into the Dark Agres, where "Faith" had total control.
I started a whole thread about that a while back!
Old 5th December 2020, 01:24 AM   #21
Planigale
Illuminator

I'm trying to decide is this a misspelling for wanting to send people back to the Dark Ogres?

*ETA Now I am imagining Queen Faith of the Dark Ogres. Clearly the next great YA romance series.

Last edited by Planigale; 5th December 2020 at 01:27 AM.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2020, 08:43 AM   #22
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The craziest part of this is, Staten Island is currently the worst hit of New York City's five boroughs, with the city's highest positive test rates, ranging from 4% to over 6%. From a local news site, SILive, posted yesterday:
Quote:
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — The borough’s suspected coronavirus (COVID-19) death total rose by seven over the past 24 hours, marking the highest one-day increase in that tally in five months, city Health Department data shows. At the same time, 175 new cases of the disease were reported on Staten Island, while coronavirus hospitalizations also went up. As of 1 p.m. Thursday, the coronavirus is believed to have claimed the lives of 1,144 borough residents. SI Live link
As you can see below, on a map tabulated by the New York City Health Department, Staten Island (on lower left) has the city's worst numbers. The X marks the location of Mac's Public House (which I believe reopened again last night). On the right is a list of the hardest hit zip codes in the city. The top of the list is 10306. Yes, that's where Mac's is located.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SI Hot spots.jpg (101.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg NY City zip codes.jpg (72.0 KB, 8 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2020, 09:59 AM   #23
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
The craziest part of this is, Staten Island is currently the worst hit of New York City's five boroughs, with the city's highest positive test rates, ranging from 4% to over 6%. From a local news site, SILive, posted yesterday:

As you can see below, on a map tabulated by the New York City Health Department, Staten Island (on lower left) has the city's worst numbers. The X marks the location of Mac's Public House (which I believe reopened again last night). On the right is a list of the hardest hit zip codes in the city. The top of the list is 10306. Yes, that's where Mac's is located.
Maybe we could go way out on a limb and speculate as to why this might be?

Old 5th December 2020, 05:29 PM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
When will the cops bring back the old-school Prohibition practice of just smashing all their **** up with axes?

"Fine, you want to open up and serve beer? Good luck doing that with all your casks punctured, your lines cut, and your taps all bent out of shape! And I hope no one wants a chair...."
Man, I want the big truck with the Bulldozer blade attached to crash through the doors, just like in the "Untouchables".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2020, 08:31 PM   #25
carlvs
Critical Thinker

Well, I don't have to feel so guilty when the first word that "pops" into my mind after seeing a large demonstration of anti-maskers & "Covid Collaborators" is
NAPALM!!!

Seriously though, I wish the authorities in the US could treat them the same way the German gov. did in Berlin last month:

Quote:
"Police in Berlin used water cannons Wednesday to disperse thousands of protesters who refused to wear masks and keep their distance from one another as required by pandemic regulations....

"... After repeated warnings to leave the area, police fired water cannons while officers in riot gear moved through the crowd to carry away protesters who refused to leave."

Last edited by carlvs; 5th December 2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling
carlvs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2020, 10:30 PM   #26
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Man, I want the big truck with the Bulldozer blade attached to crash through the doors, just like in the "Untouchables".

That's the spirit!
Old 5th December 2020, 11:06 PM   #27
Ulf Nereng
Muse

Originally Posted by carlvs View Post
Well, I don't have to feel so guilty when the first word that "pops" into my mind after seeing a large demonstration of anti-maskers & "Covid Collaborators" is
NAPALM!!!

Seriously though, I wish the authorities in the US could treat them the same way the German gov. did in Berlin last month:
I must confess that I have at times been thinking that China's re-education camps may not be such a bad idea after all.
Ulf Nereng is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2020, 07:07 AM   #28
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Mac's Public House was open Friday night and again last night. The owners say that the Richmond County (Staten Island) Sheriff's office was not at the bar either night but they expect them to arrive sometime over the next few days. SI Live reported co-owner Danny Presti said:
Quote:
Presti told the New York Post on Friday he and [co-owner Keith] McAlarney had a meeting with the sheriff’s office, but it “did not go well. They’re just showing they’re not willing to work with us...Just to clarify, we acknowledge this virus as a real threat and are still taking necessary precautions. What we do not acknowledge is that our government has the right to shut us down when we’re operating in a safe manner.” SI Live
According to the NY City Health Department the zip code 10306 in which Mac's is located had a positive rate of 9.2% as of December 2nd. The video shot inside the bar Friday night makes it clear they are not operating safely.

Twitter video shot inside Mac's on Friday night
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2020, 11:09 AM   #29
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I expect stupidity like this in some hick town in West Virginia, but NYC??????

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th December 2020, 11:11 AM   #30
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That's the spirit!
Along with the 1987 movie, I have the complete "Untouchables" original TV series on BLuray. Big fan.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 6th December 2020, 11:36 AM   #31
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Defiant bar owner arrested after hitting a cop with his car while resisting arrest. Reports that he drove 100 yards with the cop hanging from the hood.

Black kids get ventilated for much less than this
https://apnews.com/article/new-york-...fe20c08b5edc9b
Old 6th December 2020, 12:25 PM   #32
Mumbles
Philosopher

...It's Staten Island.

Defiant bar owner arrested after hitting a cop with his car while resisting arrest. Reports that he drove 100 yards with the cop hanging from the hood.

Black kids get ventilated for much less than this
I'm sure "conservatives" are torn, on one hand, Blue Lives Matter, respect our police, I bet you'll go calling them as soon as someone steals from your house, just obey them instantly and they won't kill you please ignore all the people they've immediately shot and killed.

On the other, they used to loudly applaud white people running over people with their cars - oh wait, sorry, they only liked it when it was running over *black* people with cars. Sorry, I keep forgetting that.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2020, 12:29 PM   #33
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Staten Island is a whole different animal than the other 4 boroughs. How it is a part of New York City is a mystery to me. Seems like it really should be a part of New Jersey.
Old 6th December 2020, 01:03 PM   #34
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Defiant bar owner arrested after hitting a cop with his car while resisting arrest. Reports that he drove 100 yards with the cop hanging from the hood. Black kids get ventilated for much less than this
The co-owner Danny Presti who struck the deputy with his car is a total lunatic. He's taken a bad situation and made it infinitely worse. Nice job, Danny! Normally in cases like this the driver is charged with attempted murder of a police officer. Especially since Presti was fleeing from police trying to arrest him. In this case, however, at least at first reading, it sounds like Presti may be treated more leniently

From the link:
Quote:
The co-owner of a New York City bar that authorities said has been defying coronavirus restrictions was taken into custody early Sunday after running over a deputy with a car, authorities said. Danny Presti tried to drive away from his bar, Mac’s Public House, as deputies were arresting him for serving patrons in violation of city and state closure orders, Sheriff Joseph Fucito said. Deputies attempted to arrest Presti as he left the bar early Sunday, but Presti got into his car, struck a deputy and kept driving for about 100 yards even as the deputy was left hanging onto the hood, Fucito said.
One man who showed up to protest Presti's arrest explains the situation to the New York Daily News:
Quote:
“Cuomo and De Blasio are out of control,” chimed in another man who showed up to protest the arrest but did not provide a name. “They think they can punish the south shore of Staten Island. Why? For voting Donald Trump. That’s what this is really all about.” Daily News link
Another man, a local resident saw it differently:
Quote:
A local basketball coach, Eric, 58, who lives near the bar, said that he was surprised by what happened. “It’s not like they’re just singling him out, it’s a rule for everyone’s protection,” said Eric, who didn’t want to give his last name. “I understand he feels a certain way but you have to obey the law.”

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Staten Island is a whole different animal than the other 4 boroughs. How it is a part of New York City is a mystery to me. Seems like it really should be a part of New Jersey.
We've offered Staten Island to Jersey countless times but they won't take it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Staten Island bar owner arrested 12052020.jpg (52.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 6th December 2020, 01:36 PM   #35
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

We've offered Staten Island to Jersey countless times but they won't take it.
We said we'll take it on the penal colony model. You'd never know the difference.

Old 6th December 2020, 01:53 PM   #36
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The co-owner Danny Presti who struck the deputy with his car is a total lunatic. He's taken a bad situation and made it infinitely worse. Nice job, Danny! Normally in cases like this the driver is charged with attempted murder of a police officer. Especially since Presti was fleeing from police trying to arrest him. In this case, however, at least at first reading, it sounds like Presti may be treated more leniently
That's bull ****. Prison time, fines, loss of business license, loss of liquor license.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2020, 01:59 PM   #37
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

I suppose this settles the speculating I was doing about whether this was grifting or true believer stuff.

Hard to see how trying to run over a cop is something a grifter would see as profitable. Spending significant time in prison for a serious violent crime against a cop is quite an escalation from violating city ordinances.
Old 6th December 2020, 02:02 PM   #38
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose this settles the speculating I was doing about whether this was grifting or true believer stuff.

Hard to see how trying to run over a cop is something a grifter would see as profitable. Spending significant time in prison for a serious violent crime against a cop is quite an escalation from violating city ordinances.
Some nut jobs easily slide from pure grift to random violence without missing a beat. One minute you're an entitled whiner, and the next your frustrations from an eight month lockdown boil to the surface.

Old 6th December 2020, 02:20 PM   #39
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Probably a lot of law enforcement people think Presti the bar co-owner seems like a pretty decent guy despite his having hit a deputy with his car. (I hasten to add some law enforcement people think he sounds like a skel!) The New York Daily News updated the story this afternoon and it is beginning to sound nasty.
Quote:
Presti, owner of notorious Mac’s Pub, hopped in his turquoise Jeep and hit the gas, sending the deputy flying onto the hood just after midnight when officers tried to arrest him outside his bar on Lincoln Ave. near Edison St., officials said. The sheriff’s deputy, identified by sources as Sgt. Kenneth Matos, suffered two fractured tibias. He was taken to Staten Island University Hospital. Daily News link

It was described this way.
Quote:
Headed to his Jeep parked near South Railroad Ave., two deputies identified themselves and stopped Presti, shouting “Presti,” but the defiant bar owner ran off, hopped in his vehicle and hit the gas, officials said. Presti allegedly slammed into one of the deputies, who toppled over the bumper and clung to the hood as the bar owner drove his Jeep three blocks, making two left turns on Lincoln Ave. then on North Railroad, before being stopped by officers, officials said. “The defendant ran to his motor vehicle…… and intentionally and with depraved indifference to human life struck Sergeant Matos,” according to the criminal complaint.
If Presti drove three blocks with an injured law officer on his hood, no matter how 'white' Danny is... Sounds like one of these days he's going to be going away for a while, on an all-expenses paid vacation courtesy of the State of New York.
Old 6th December 2020, 02:25 PM   #40
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post

There was a Law & Order TV movie about one of the detectives being reassigned from Manhattan to Staten Island, as punishment. The title was "Exiled".
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics