ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 16th August 2017, 07:18 AM   #761
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The epitome of GIGO:
https://www.facebook.com/squatchermetrics/

Squatchmetrics . . . Databases created from made up ****. Yes, you can make this **** up.

Isn't pseudoscience stupid fun!?

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2017, 04:16 PM   #762
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I saw what you did here.

Well done.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2017, 05:17 AM   #763
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Looks like BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends) has finally achieved its goal....I can't even think of a way to describe this sort/level of dysfunction.
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56594...ort-revisited/
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2017, 09:16 AM   #764
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Looks like BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends) has finally achieved its goal....I can't even think of a way to describe this sort/level of dysfunction.
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56594...ort-revisited/
What else are those guys gonna do? There's literally nothing going on in the Bigfoot world. This is a community which still barks on about a hoax from the 1960's, because there's nothing else to discuss.

I bet Footers spend their evenings cheering themselves up by browsing BFRO reports from around the US, clicking their ruby-red slippered-feet together and weeping uncontrollably.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 09:39 AM   #765
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Bigfooters see naturally occuring formations of leaning and fallen trees and declare that they are not natural and were instead created by Bigfoot. Here we see an accumulation of leaning or fallen dead trees which are supporting each other and preventing them from dropping all the way to the ground.

They will commonly refer to these as "teepee structures" because they often resemble the foundation of Indian homes that were constructed by arranging tree trunks into an inverted cone shape. But this formation will occur naturally when trees lean or fall against each other in a forest. In some situations a teepee shape will be arrived at and may continue for decades with continued accumulation.

These same people will see the beginnings of such formations with a single leaning tree or one that has fallen against another and is propped up by the limbs of the nearby supporting tree. This sets the stage for an eventual teepee. But these starts will be overlooked and the focus is in finding a more complete formation of more numerous accumulated trees. At that point it becomes a meaningful formation and they declare that it isn't natural and was made by Bigfoot or maybe people.

There probably could be some fancy algorithm which predicts that these teepee formations will automatically appear when forest trees lean or fall at random.

If you could have very long-term time lapse film of the forest you would see these teepee things "create themselves" without any intelligent agency. OMG... Teepees Happen!

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56731...ree-formations
Old 24th August 2017, 01:14 PM   #766
Drewbot
Philosopher

Yes, and they also attribute commonly man made structures to the workings of the Bigfoot.

Examples:

* Teepees created by kids playing in the woods http://boyslife.org/outdoors/3473/taking-shelter/

* Natural blinds created by hunters in the woods
http://www.realitysurvival.com/groun...-deer-hunting/

* Rock stacking structures created by hikers
http://www.boudillion.com/glossary/glossary.htm
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 02:01 PM   #767
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Larger limbs are often tipi-ed in this manner to facilitate drying out for use as firewood. You'll see them at maintained portages.

Tom McGuane

Last edited by Resume; 24th August 2017 at 02:03 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2017, 06:46 PM   #768
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Tom Biscardi promoting Bigfoot with another movie.

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/3987...ction-contract
Old 25th August 2017, 03:14 PM   #769
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

I never saw the first one(s). Apparently they're old hat at this? Here's a press release they had from July 11, 2017:
Originally Posted by Biscardi July 11 Press Release
SEARCHING FOR BIGFOOT APPEARING IN TEXAS WITH THE GODFATHER OF BIGFOOT HUNTERS

REDWOOD CITY, CA, UNITED STATES, July 11, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ -- Bigfoot Project Investments Inc. (BGFT) the industry leader in producing award winning documentaries about the elusive creature known as Bigfoot is teaming up with the Round Rock Texas Parks and Recreation Department for a Day With Bigfoot...
The godfather of Bigfoot hunters? Says who, Paul Castellano's butler? And the industry leader? What industry? Phlegm Ball Recycling? Award winning documentaries? Documentaries nobody saw? And yet the press release Parcher just linked to says "fact based thriller". Fact being a wholly subjective term.

Like everything Bigfoot it's all just words. Biscardi picked up on that years ago and maybe that's why he's now the capo di tutti capi. The bigger you talk the more automatically it becomes true. I mean look at him, he's the godfather of Bigfoot hunters and an unknown industry leader along with being a big-time Bigfoot movie producer and he's never seen a real Bigfoot in his life. He's very accomplished for not being very accomplished.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2017, 08:56 PM   #770
GT/CS
Illuminator

Wasn't The Godfather nothing but a low life criminal? From that point of view it seems to describe Biscardi rather well.
Old 26th August 2017, 05:59 AM   #771
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Does footie hide out in bigfoot structures during hurricanes? Do any drownded bigfeets turn up afterwards?

Tom McGuane
Old 26th August 2017, 02:28 PM   #772
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Wasn't The Godfather nothing but a low life criminal? From that point of view it seems to describe Biscardi rather well.
Absolutely. IRL "It's nothing to be proud of Rusty."

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Does footie hide out in bigfoot structures during hurricanes? Do any drownded bigfeets turn up afterwards?
You know that you making fun of Bigfoot teepee structures doesn't mean they're not real Bigfoot teepee structures. And it's a fact proven by Bob Gimlin that Bigfeet bury their dead no matter the weather. Wait, whoops, sorry, was testing out my response had my head been blown clean off by a .44 magnum, the kind my uncle Dirty Harry used I been a BLAARGer.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 11:07 AM   #773
Drewbot
Philosopher

Bigfoot just fades away into the woods, never to be seen again.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 09:21 PM   #774
whatsthedreamnow
New Blood

Bigfoot just fades away into the woods, never to be seen again.
It's really over, isn't it? Sure was an entertaining run of buffoonery. I'll miss it in a weird way.
whatsthedreamnow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:33 AM   #775
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
It's really over, isn't it? Sure was an entertaining run of buffoonery. I'll miss it in a weird way.
Oh there is still plenty of bigfoot buffoonery:
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56832...dence-part-ii/
Quote:
The BF mind appears to contain a predisposition to OCD, is what I have concluded. Patterns and symmetry seem to tweak their pleasure centers ....but we as a species have similar tendencies I believe. Stacking elk rib bones, stacking tree trunks, placing found objects just so... These traits come out time and again.
This is an alleged adult talking like this. On the other hand, he's onto something in recognizing the human element common to all bigfoot evidence; he just doesn't realize what the connection is.

Tom McGuane
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:09 AM   #776
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I'm going to assume that NL hasn't managed to obtain any evidence whatsoever, despite claiming he was onto something interesting a couple of months ago. Easiest 50 I've ever made. Mwahaha!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:13 AM   #777
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by whatsthedreamnow View Post
Bigfoot lives inside the imagination of grown-ass men and women. Bigfoot will never die, he may only be forgotten.

If you hold a place for him in your heart, then he's everywhere, and he's wishing you well.

Bigfoot,
he lives inside.
Bigfoot,
no need to hide.
Bigfoot,
a warm embrace.
Bigfoot,
a human face.
Bigfoot,
a pleasing smile.
Bigfoot,
please stay a while.

Old 2nd September 2017, 12:39 PM   #778
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Oh there is still plenty of bigfoot buffoonery:
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56832...dence-part-ii/...
The end of the BFRO report cited in that post gives the investigator's credentials.

"About BFRO Investigator Carter Buschardt:
Carter is originally from Texas & moved to Missouri in 1988. Professional drummer for 20 years. Lighting technician for major touring groups for several years. Experienced outdoorsman and was a trained investigator for MUFON. Studied Herpetology in college. Longtime special interest in Sasquatch long term habituation, burial research, infra sound, language & stick structures. BFRO Public Expeditions: 2010 Missouri, 2012 & 2013 Iowa. 2012 Illinois. Michigan 2016. Private Expeditions: Illinois 2011, 2012, 2013. Missouri 2011, 2012 (3) 2013(2) 2014. Iowa 2012, 2014 & 2015. Consulted on two Animal Planet Finding Bigfoot TV shows. Expedition leader in Missouri 2013 (1) & 2014 (2). Led night ops on numerous BFRO expeditions.
"

Wow, he's quite the unaccomplished and unsuccessful hunter. The kind we can only dream of being. He should probably be on the next non-round-up Bigfoot Round-Up in <gulp> Iowa. Just think, if in all that hunting he had taken just one clear picture of the beast, the world would have been his oyster. But nope, instead he's clinging to his glory days as a Lighting Tech II at a couple Foghat concerts.
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:56 PM   #779
The Shrike
Illuminator

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
. . . glory days as a Lighting Tech II at a couple Foghat concerts.
He's certainly does seem to be a fool for the footie.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 05:04 PM   #780
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
He's certainly does seem to be a fool for the footie.
He's especially that.
Old 5th September 2017, 01:11 PM   #781
Drewbot
Philosopher

OCT. 06, 2017 TEXAS BIGFOOT CONFERENCE- GET GIMLIN OR GO HOME

(They didn't get him)
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-te...ts-32303428424

Biggest Bigfoot Conference ever last weekend? (They got him)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7Z_Pq_mxo
Old 5th September 2017, 02:26 PM   #782
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

OCT. 06, 2017 TEXAS BIGFOOT CONFERENCE- GET GIMLIN OR GO HOME

(They didn't get him)
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-te...ts-32303428424

Biggest Bigfoot Conference ever last weekend? (They got him)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu7Z_Pq_mxo
Was the video ironically blurry? Jesus, there were ten times as many people manning the booths as there were wandering bigfoot enthusiasts; I wonder how well the presentations were attended? Looks like the sad state of footery is in a sad state.

Tom McGuane
Old 6th September 2017, 04:44 AM   #783
Drewbot
Philosopher

Was the video ironically blurry? Jesus, there were ten times as many people manning the booths as there were wandering bigfoot enthusiasts; I wonder how well the presentations were attended? Looks like the sad state of footery is in a sad state.
To be fair, I think that video was shot before the show opened for the day.

The speaker things were more well-attended
Old 6th September 2017, 11:45 AM   #784
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

To be fair, I think that video was shot before the show opened for the day.

The speaker things were more well-attended
That might depend on the definition of "well attended". Then again, Bigfoot can only save those who seek him so it's possible the rest of the massive conference crowd (and also that guy's mother) were out in the field near the auditorium "bugling" up a Bigfoot while the bulk of the gargantuan crowd stayed inside and listened to Shuck Huckster tell a fascinating story about the time he kept hearing small rocks being deliberately thrown onto the metal roof of his remote cabin by some strange unseen hairy being outside in the shadows, but finally realized he lived on the 37th floor of the 50 floor Strump Tower in Vancouver and has never actually had a roof, a remote cabin or the ability to hear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Conf1.jpg (43.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 11th September 2017, 08:44 PM   #785
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

What's going on with the Skunk Apes in Florida?
Old 11th September 2017, 08:51 PM   #786
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
What's going on with the Skunk Apes in Florida?
Just like that time Mount St. Helen's erupted, the Men in Black came and spirited them away in helicopters so that the world wouldn't freak out over the fact that 10-foot-tall ape-men are living among us.

While I'm obviously joking, this is a standard response from a Footer, and likely one that you'll see peddled out by some fingerless-glove-wearing gimp or other in the coming weeks.

Old 12th September 2017, 12:16 AM   #787
GT/CS
Illuminator

They all died in the hurricane.
Old 12th September 2017, 03:30 AM   #788
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
They all died in the hurricane.
And porcupines devoured their bones.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 05:22 AM   #789
Drewbot
Philosopher

The skunk ape was devastated by Irma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycxqiggGfw
Old 12th September 2017, 03:16 PM   #790
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Bigfoot survives all natural disasters and still manages to escape detection. Other large animals get displaced, but not bigfoot. It's amazing that not a single bigfoot gets flushed from its underground lair or swept away from the tree it's hiding behind.

Not even Mother Nature can flush out the mighty bigfoot.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 03:37 PM   #791
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The lack of any Skunk Ape carcasses is excellent evidence that their population survived intact. They may use this opportunity to explore damaged homes and remove or relocate some items so researchers should be looking for that.
Old 12th September 2017, 05:59 PM   #792
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Guys I hate to tell you this, but it's for your own good, there is no Bigfoot Florida. It left last weekend almost unannounced. It was last seen heading towards The Bahamas The Gulf Cuba The Virgin Islands Miami.
Old 12th September 2017, 06:30 PM   #793
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Tim Fasano is still down there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=NLOHcen_q1M

He'll wait out the storm and herd the bigfeets into his taxi.

Today's the day
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 07:14 PM   #794
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

The lack of any Skunk Ape carcasses is excellent evidence that their population survived intact. They may use this opportunity to explore damaged homes and remove or relocate some items so researchers should be looking for that.
Parcher called it here first:

Looting Bigfoots
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2017, 08:19 PM   #795
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
Parcher called it here first:

Looting Bigfoots
Lootie?

Tom McGuane
Old 12th September 2017, 08:23 PM   #796
Pterodactyl
Muse

Lootie?
Last seen in Houston with a Rubbermade tote full of Lonestar.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 05:59 AM   #797
Drewbot
Philosopher

I would think that the SKUNK APE population is thriving, considering they eat the same thing, and require the same huge tracts of land, as FLORIDA PANTHERS, and their population is booming.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flo...222-story.html
Old 13th September 2017, 07:09 AM   #798
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

I would think that the SKUNK APE population is thriving, considering they eat the same thing, and require the same huge tracts of land, as FLORIDA PANTHERS, and their population is booming.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flo...222-story.html
Wait, Bigfoot has huge tracts of land?

Maybe Bigfoot was the wrong name...
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 11:32 AM   #799
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Wait, Bigfoot has huge tracts of land?

Maybe Bigfoot was the wrong name...
Well, Patty definitely had some tracts of land on her.

ETA: Unless those were Bob Heironymus's man boobs.

Last edited by CORed; 13th September 2017 at 11:34 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2017, 05:37 PM   #800
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Lootie?
This calls for a rendering from Drew.

Please and thank you.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal