ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Reply
Old 9th June 2016, 07:01 AM   #41
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 4,045
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
More rock solid investigating with real rock solid evidence, as shown by the words "could have" and "may have"! Thorough job on this one. A bunch of guesses and assertions.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 07:42 AM   #42
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
FBI: Everything on Clinton is 'evidence' or 'potential evidence'

Quote:
The FBI is treating everything on the private server used to run former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s personal email account as evidence or possible evidence as part of the federal investigation connected to the machine, the bureau said in a court filing this week.

“[A]ll of the materials retrieved from any electronic equipment obtained from former Secretary Clinton for the investigation are evidence, potential evidence, or information that has not yet been assessed for evidentiary value,” the FBI said in the filing.

Release of any of that additional information “could reasonably be expected to interfere with the pending investigation,” it added.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...sible-evidence

Say, folks, that does not sound good....
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 08:06 AM   #43
Fudbucker
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,508
"In a new government filing, the feds admit having obtained additional records from Clinton’s private server and state they have properly withheld the records because they were “compiled for law enforcement purposes.

The new information came in a DOJ reply in support of its motion for summary judgment in a FOIA lawsuit brought by Vice News reporter, Jason Leopold. Leopold is seeking correspondence between the FBI and Clinton referencing the Clinton email server.
"
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/fbi-...investigation/

Apparently, they found some new evidence. This doesn't sound like a "stalled" investigation.
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:01 AM   #44
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
"In a new government filing, the feds admit having obtained additional records from Clinton’s private server and state they have properly withheld the records because they were “compiled for law enforcement purposes.

The new information came in a DOJ reply in support of its motion for summary judgment in a FOIA lawsuit brought by Vice News reporter, Jason Leopold. Leopold is seeking correspondence between the FBI and Clinton referencing the Clinton email server.
"
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/fbi-...investigation/

Apparently, they found some new evidence. This doesn't sound like a "stalled" investigation.


No.

The FBI is simply telling Leopold to **** off - because they loathe transparency and think they are above the law.

There's absolutely nothing new to see here.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:09 AM   #45
Fudbucker
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,508
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post


No.

The FBI is simply telling Leopold to **** off - because they loathe transparency and think they are above the law.

There's absolutely nothing new to see here.
Did we know before the FBI found "additional" evidence off Clinton's server? I thought that always just speculation.
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:18 AM   #46
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
Did we know before the FBI found "additional" evidence off Clinton's server? I thought that always just speculation.
We knew they recovered some of her emails from backup. Just never the extent.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:19 AM   #47
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
Did we know before the FBI found "additional" evidence off Clinton's server? I thought that always just speculation.
Yes, we know that they have the cloud backups from Datto, although we do not know whether they were able to recover data off the actual cowboy server that was "wiped."

Wow, was Hillary and her cabal surprised that the attempt to delete the data off the server and copies of the data at her new server provider were thwarted. Of course, this is because Hillary loathes transparency and thinks she is above the law.

/every time I look at that quote you posted, I want to add a laughing dog. Oh mercy, that is some fine irony!
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 9th June 2016 at 09:35 AM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:29 AM   #48
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post


No.

The FBI is simply telling Leopold to **** off - because they loathe transparency and think they are above the law.

There's absolutely nothing new to see here.
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Yes, we know that they have the cloud backups from Datto, although we do not know whether they were able to recover data off the actual cowboy server that was "wiped."

Wow, was Hillary and her cabal surprised that the attempt to delete the data off the server and copies of the data at her new server provider were thwarted. Of course, this is because Hillary loathes transparency and thinks she is above the law.
Please stop pretending you don't read my posts.

We all know you do, you are just further embarrassing yourself.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:41 AM   #49
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing
 
Newtons Bit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,016
Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
Did we know before the FBI found "additional" evidence off Clinton's server? I thought that always just speculation.
Well, we do know that there were emails in that IG report that weren't released to the public...
__________________
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 09:46 AM   #50
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Originally Posted by Newtons Bit View Post
Well, we do know that there were emails in that IG report that weren't released to the public...
Those were not from the FBI, those were obtained from documents returned to State from Huma Abedin.

Why weren't those smoking guns in Hillary's production of documents from her cowboy server? The IG wanted to ask Hillary but she refused to cooperate, of course, this is because Hillary loathes transparency and thinks she is above the law.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 11:41 AM   #51
The_Animus
Master Poster
 
The_Animus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,602
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
More rock solid investigating with real rock solid evidence, as shown by the words "could have" and "may have"! Thorough job on this one. A bunch of guesses and assertions.
Well you could always inform yourself on the subject so you personally have an understanding of the likelihood of it being hacked instead of relying solely on appeal to authority.
__________________
Straw Man, Ad Hominem, Moving the Goalposts, and a massive post count are all good indicators that a poster is intellectually dishonest and not interested in real discussion.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 12:55 PM   #52
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Dumbass Hillary Clinton tweets to Donald Trump that he should "Delete your account."

Immediately blows up in her face, my favorite so far:

Hillary Clinton orders the destruction of electronic records
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 01:23 PM   #53
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
Well you could always inform yourself on the subject so you personally have an understanding of the likelihood of it being hacked instead of relying solely on appeal to authority.
Meh. Still waiting on actual evidence her email was compromised. Have any ?
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 01:48 PM   #54
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
State Throws Hillary Under the Bus

Judicial Watch today released the deposition transcript of Karin Lang, director of executive secretariat staff and designated representative for the State Department. Lang was designated by the State Department as its 30(b)(6) witness. A 30(b)(6) witness is assigned to provide the agency’s testimony on the Clinton email issue.

Quote:
Lang testified that key State Department federal recordkeeping officials did not know that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her top aide Huma Abedin were using non-state.gov email to conduct government business. She also testified that the State Department could not say whether Clinton or Abedin has turned over all emails in their possession that may be potentially responsive to Judicial Watch’s Freedom of the Information Act (FOIA) request. Lang also said that it would not be reasonable to search all 70,000 State Department email accounts in order to retrieve Clinton’s emails. (Clinton has suggested that the State Department would have many of her emails because she sent most of them to State Department employees on their government accounts.)
Why did State Record keeping officials not know? This is because Hillary loathes transparency and thinks she is above the law.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 01:52 PM   #55
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Trump ain't gonna roll over on Hillary's damn emails

How long did it take your staff of 823 people to think that up--and where are your 33,000 emails that you deleted?

-Trump.



Man these two awful people are going to rip each others throats out.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 01:54 PM   #56
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Judicial Watch today released the deposition transcript of Karin Lang, director of executive secretariat staff and designated representative for the State Department. Lang was designated by the State Department as its 30(b)(6) witness. A 30(b)(6) witness is assigned to provide the agency’s testimony on the Clinton email issue.

Why did State Record keeping officials not know? This is because Hillary loathes transparency and thinks she is above the law.
16.5 Must be dizzy from all the spinning....

In other news , Judicial Watch lawyers still unable to get any useful information to advance their politically based lawsuits.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2016, 11:22 PM   #57
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 36,813
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
I'd say rather that the majority doesn't understand these Republican talking points ... yet.
After four years of OMG Benghazi and almost two years of Gowdy's Partisan Witch Hunt committee? After a year of you noble conservative warriors hammering the meme at every opportunity?

Just when and how do you see.... "yet" being fixed? The Big News of the Day, every day, is "What stupid thing did the GOP candidate say last night?" Do you really think that the entire public has not heard the repeated accusations? Have you not noticed that more than half the articles on the Dem nomination contain a "if she's not indicted" disclaimer. Yet the polls in the nation and in the key states show Hillary ahead. All of those people haven't heard the news. Maybe you and the other partisans could get together and go door-to-door? "Have you heard the bad news?"
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 06:41 AM   #58
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Cbs news reported on the radio this morning that FBI investigation is focusing on mentions of planned drone strikes in Pakistan.

Planned military operations in the open??

I am on road so more details soon.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 07:57 AM   #59
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
White House Confirms Criminal Investigation

Quote:
“That's why the president, when discussing this issue in each stage, has reiterated his commitment to this principle that any criminal investigation should be conducted independent of any sort of political interference,”
as if we didn't already know.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 08:25 AM   #60
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Clinton State Department debated impending drone strikes in the open

Emails in Clinton Probe Dealt With Planned Drone Strikes
Some vaguely worded messages from U.S. diplomats in Pakistan and Washington used a less-secure communications system


As noted above the ongoing criminal investigation deals with, in part, impending drone strikes in Pakistan.

Quote:
The 2011 and 2012 emails were sent via the “low side’’—government slang for a computer system for unclassified matters—as part of a secret arrangement that gave the State Department more of a voice in whether a Central Intelligence Agency drone strike went ahead, according to congressional and law-enforcement officials briefed on the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe.
The problem is, of course, while the original low side communication was vague, Hillary's crew's subsequent deliberations were not! Mills asks "you good with this" and a series of redacted communications ensues that were eventually sent to Hillary's cowboy server in the open.

Emails

Deliberations regarding impending Drone strikes, Guccifer must have enjoyed reading those.

/If you are having trouble accessing, look for it on google news.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 08:26 AM   #61
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing
 
Newtons Bit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,016
But Hillary told us they were just sharing a news article about drone programs!
__________________
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 08:35 AM   #62
Reheat
Illuminator
 
Reheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In Space
Posts: 3,564
Delete
__________________
[Noc]

Last edited by Reheat; 10th June 2016 at 08:39 AM.
Reheat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 08:55 AM   #63
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
as if we didn't already know.
Just so I am clear ... the white house press secretary is now the authority and spokesperson for the FBI ?

Or so we only believe the white house press secretary's statements when they benefit a certain agenda ?

Because if their word is now gospel, I'd like to remind you of a lot of things they have said ....
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 09:07 AM   #64
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
Obama's flack calls it a "criminal investigation..."

Quote:
Declarations against interest are an exception to the rule on hearsay in which a person's statement may be used, where generally the content of the statement is so prejudicial to the person making it that he would not have made the statement unless he believed the statement was true. The Federal Rules of evidence limit the bases of prejudices to the declarant to tort and criminal liability.
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 09:23 AM   #65
Reheat
Illuminator
 
Reheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In Space
Posts: 3,564
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Just so I am clear ... the white house press secretary is now the authority and spokesperson for the FBI ?

Hey, he said it no one else did.

Or so we only believe the white house press secretary's statements when they benefit a certain agenda ?

Are you naive or are you serious.

Because if their word is now gospel, I'd like to remind you of a lot of things they have said ....
The press secretary is the President's spoke's man. Are you denying that?
__________________
[Noc]
Reheat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 09:28 AM   #66
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by Reheat View Post
The press secretary is the President's spoke's man. Are you denying that?
Please learn how to quote properly.

And no, I don't deny "The press secretary is the President's spoke's man."

Do you know what a straw man is ?

Would you like to claim the press secretary is the FBI's "spoke's man." ?
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 09:29 AM   #67
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Obama's flack calls it a "criminal investigation..."

The question isn't whether the statement is hearsay, since a presser isn't a court of law. The question is whether his statement is authoritative for the the FBI or not.

But you knew that.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 09:30 AM   #68
Fudbucker
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,508
Looks like a gaffe just happened: a politician accidentally said something true. Press Secretary Earnest referred to criminal investigations when asked about Clinton's emails.

He quickly tried to walk it back.

ETA: it was such a vague answer, he probably can get away with it, but Fox is having a lot of fun with it.

Last edited by Fudbucker; 10th June 2016 at 09:31 AM.
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 11:05 AM   #69
The_Animus
Master Poster
 
The_Animus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,602
I think all the partisan witch hunts have insulated Clinton to some extent from attacks.

Even with the emails, in the beginning there really wasn't anything of merit.

So now even when there is actual evidence, far too many just instantly dismiss it assuming either it's the old garbage news from the beginning, or new partisan witch hunt garbage.

Kinda similar to Trump in a way. They both have been attacked so much, rightly or wrongly, that it seems like nothing ever sticks, even when it's a valid criticism.
__________________
Straw Man, Ad Hominem, Moving the Goalposts, and a massive post count are all good indicators that a poster is intellectually dishonest and not interested in real discussion.

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 11:10 AM   #70
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
I think all the partisan witch hunts have insulated Clinton to some extent from attacks.

Even with the emails, in the beginning there really wasn't anything of merit.

So now even when there is actual evidence, far too many just instantly dismiss it assuming either it's the old garbage news from the beginning, or new partisan witch hunt garbage.

Kinda similar to Trump in a way. They both have been attacked so much, rightly or wrongly, that it seems like nothing ever sticks, even when it's a valid criticism.
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Meh. Still waiting on actual evidence her email was compromised. Have any ?
Actual evidence .... of ??
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 11:51 AM   #71
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,769
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Meh. Still waiting on actual evidence her email was compromised. Have any ?
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...germany-214546

It was apparently attempted.
__________________
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 11:52 AM   #72
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 10,493
Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
Kinda similar to Trump in a way. They both have been attacked so much, rightly or wrongly, that it seems like nothing ever sticks, even when it's a valid criticism.
A strategy very favorable to Trump. Even here, a skeptics forum, we have Trump water carriers who may not even realize it.

Well done guys.
__________________
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 12:40 PM   #73
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,983
What Clinton’s E-mails Reveal About Her Support for CIA Drone Strikes

Here is a very interesting piece about what Hillary's emails taught us about her view on the Drone program:

Quote:
In other words, of the 294 CIA drone strikes in Pakistan, Clinton’s State Department objected to fewer than one-percent of them. If elected to the White House, would she similarly prioritize CIA counterterrorism operations over the concerns of senior U.S. diplomats? The evidence from her time as Secretary of State suggests that the answer is overwhelmingly “yes.”
Oh dear, the Council on Foreign Relations is carrying Trump's water.

By the way, remember this sneering contempt for the truth:

Quote:
“How a New York Times public article that goes around the world could be in any way viewed as classified, or the fact that it would be sent to other people off of the New York Times site, I think, is one of the difficulties that people have in understanding what this is about.”
Yeah, that was false, although it does describe why the Shillaries are having a hard time figuring what this is all about. They believe her, you see.

http://blogs.cfr.org/zenko/2016/06/1...drone-strikes/
__________________
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 10th June 2016 at 12:42 PM.
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 12:56 PM   #74
Tony Stark
Philosopher
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9,626
Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Emails in Clinton Probe Dealt With Planned Drone Strikes
Some vaguely worded messages from U.S. diplomats in Pakistan and Washington used a less-secure communications system


As noted above the ongoing criminal investigation deals with, in part, impending drone strikes in Pakistan.



The problem is, of course, while the original low side communication was vague, Hillary's crew's subsequent deliberations were not! Mills asks "you good with this" and a series of redacted communications ensues that were eventually sent to Hillary's cowboy server in the open.

Emails

Deliberations regarding impending Drone strikes, Guccifer must have enjoyed reading those.

/If you are having trouble accessing, look for it on google news.
Funny, you didn't quote the part in that WSJ article where it says that, "Several law-enforcement officials said they don’t expect any criminal charges to be filed as a result of the investigation."

Has Hillary been indicted yet?

LOL.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 01:13 PM   #75
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Attempts are constantly made on just about any device that has an IP address on the Internet.

That's not evidence of success.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 01:13 PM   #76
Fudbucker
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,508
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Funny, you didn't quote the part in that WSJ article where it says that, "Several law-enforcement officials said they don’t expect any criminal charges to be filed as a result of the investigation."

Has Hillary been indicted yet?

LOL.
As a Hillary supporter, maybe you can tell us what the latest euphemism is for what the FBI is doing. Security review? Investigation? Email retrieval? Criminal investigation?
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 01:14 PM   #77
Fudbucker
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,508
Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Attempts are constantly made on just about any device that has an IP address on the Internet.

That's not evidence of success.
If you knew there was a hacking attempt on your email, you wouldn't change the password?
Fudbucker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 01:17 PM   #78
Tony Stark
Philosopher
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9,626
Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
As a Hillary supporter, maybe you can tell us what the latest euphemism is for what the FBI is doing. Security review? Investigation? Email retrieval? Criminal investigation?
Investigation sounds fine. One that is not going to result in any sort of criminal charges against Hillary no matter how badly the fanatical Hillary haters want it to.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 01:17 PM   #79
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Funny, you didn't quote the part in that WSJ article where it says that, "Several law-enforcement officials said they don’t expect any criminal charges to be filed as a result of the investigation."

Has Hillary been indicted yet?

LOL.
To quote:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-...kes-1465509863

Several law-enforcement officials said they don’t expect any criminal charges to be filed as a result of the investigation, although a final review of the evidence will be made only after an expected FBI interview with Mrs. Clinton this summer.

One reason is that government workers at several agencies, including the departments of Defense, Justice and State, have occasionally resorted to the low-side system to give each other notice about sensitive but fast-moving events, according to one law-enforcement official.

When Mrs. Clinton has been asked about the possibility of being criminally charged over the email issue, she has repeatedly said “that is not going to happen.’’


not going to happen.

not going to happen.

not going to happen.

...
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2016, 01:18 PM   #80
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher
 
TheL8Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,693
Originally Posted by Fudbucker View Post
If you knew there was a hacking attempt on your email, you wouldn't change the password?
No.

This seems rather irrelevant to any of the information at hand, though.
__________________
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.