ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 4th September 2017, 06:07 PM   #121
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Ok but how it will justify 3rd law, every action there is equal n opp reaction. Acting force for preparing remedies is an action.
In a very loose sense, yes; but this imparts no energy, particular or general, to the remedy." Which remedy we have seen time and time and time again it is not. Stirring a cake batter vigorously does not imbue the batter with energy. And we do have reasonable evidence indicating that cake batter and cakes are real.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 08:19 PM   #122
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
In a very loose sense, yes; but this imparts no energy, particular or general, to the remedy." Which remedy we have seen time and time and time again it is not. Stirring a cake batter vigorously does not imbue the batter with energy. And we do have reasonable evidence indicating that cake batter and cakes are real.
Do you mean 3rd law is not universal to action?
Old 4th September 2017, 08:24 PM   #123
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Also, force is neither KE nor PE.
Yes, I simply want to know reaction of any action as per 3rd law . Is it heat, KE or PE or all?
Old 4th September 2017, 08:34 PM   #124
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, I simply want to know reaction of any action as per 3rd law . Is it heat, KE or PE or all?
None of those or even action. The 3rd law is about forces.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 03:05 AM   #125
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
There you go.

Dave
Sorry, but whether any molecular structure work just by covalent bonds and exo/endo thermic principle or also work by non-covalent bonds and inter-molecular forces?

I think in any consideration related to any molecular structure, all above should be considered?

Last edited by Kumar; 5th September 2017 at 03:07 AM.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 04:03 AM   #126
fagin
Illuminator

I think you should go away and do a basic primary school science course.
Then maybe a high school science course.

I doubt you'll make any more sense, but it might give the rest of us time to recover.
Old 5th September 2017, 04:04 AM   #127
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Sorry, but whether any molecular structure work just by covalent bonds and exo/endo thermic principle or also work by non-covalent bonds and inter-molecular forces?

I think in any consideration related to any molecular structure, all above should be considered?
I think you've strung a load of words you don't understand into something that looks like a question. You might as well base your scientific understanding on Yes lyrics.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 04:24 AM   #128
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Kumar, the following is untrue but it appears to be what you want someone to say, so I'm doing it for you.

Molecules are like pendulums. As we all know, when you push a pendulum, you potenticise it into action. All actions have a reaction, just as Newton's 3rd law states. Some of this potential remains in the pendulum, mediated by static electricity and retained in the quantum structure of its molecules.

Potenticising a remedy is exactly the same. Newton's 3rd law causes the water to acquire a static charge. The Coulomb field potential remains in the pills. This potential is exactly the same effect that causes a young athlete to improve their performance through exercise. The potential energy is what causes homeopathy to work so well.

Now you have what you came here for.
Old 5th September 2017, 05:55 AM   #129
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Kumar, the following is untrue but it appears to be what you want someone to say, so I'm doing it for you.

Molecules are like pendulums. As we all know, when you push a pendulum, you potenticise it into action. All actions have a reaction, just as Newton's 3rd law states. Some of this potential remains in the pendulum, mediated by static electricity and retained in the quantum structure of its molecules.

Potenticising a remedy is exactly the same. Newton's 3rd law causes the water to acquire a static charge. The Coulomb field potential remains in the pills. This potential is exactly the same effect that causes a young athlete to improve their performance through exercise. The potential energy is what causes homeopathy to work so well.

Molecular interactions basis:
1.Covalent bonding

2. Non-covalent bonding

3.Intermolecular forces

Don't we need to consider all above depending on type of interaction? There is no Covalent bonding in case of pendulum as well as in case of Remedies. But other two need to be checked which we may be ignoring due to oversight many times. Any odd?
Old 5th September 2017, 06:01 AM   #130
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Appears quite logical to me. Previously, I was also thinking to post ist part of above but you posted very clearly. Thanks.

How untrue?
Old 5th September 2017, 06:02 AM   #131
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I think you've strung a load of words you don't understand into something that looks like a question. You might as well base your scientific understanding on Yes lyrics.

Dave
Sorry, still manage and go on teaching me. Alongwith technical I also consider logics.
Old 5th September 2017, 06:04 AM   #132
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post

I doubt you'll make any more sense, but it might give the rest of us time to recover.
But how it can teach me, logical, non A&F part and practical sides?
Old 5th September 2017, 08:26 AM   #133
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Appears quite logical to me. Previously, I was also thinking to post ist part of above but you posted very clearly. Thanks.

How untrue?
I'm not going to explain why obviously made-up stuff is untrue any more than I am obliged to explain why Harry Potter and Hogwarts do not exist.
Old 5th September 2017, 09:25 AM   #134
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not going to explain why obviously made-up stuff is untrue any more than I am obliged to explain why Harry Potter and Hogwarts do not exist.
Ok, but you Úxplained well. I think you also reÓd no.1 part of this post.
Old 5th September 2017, 09:50 AM   #135
fagin
Illuminator

But how it can teach me, logical, non A&F part and practical sides?
It might, although I wouldn't hold my breath, give you a basic grounding, obviously.
What else would you expect?
Teaching you logic might be pushing it a bit.
Old 5th September 2017, 09:56 AM   #136
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Appears quite logical to me.

Yes, it probably does. That's your problem.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 09:58 AM   #137
Peregrinus
Muse

One key to the puzzle seems to be the insistence on dragging A&F into everything - without demonstrating they/it belong(s) in any part of the matter at all.*

*Not based on an exhaustive scanning of this thread.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 10:20 AM   #138
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Yes, it probably does. That's your problem.
As you agreed now go ahead beyond it.
Old 5th September 2017, 10:28 AM   #139
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

It might, although I wouldn't hold my breath, give you a basic grounding, obviously.
What else would you expect?
Teaching you logic might be pushing it a bit.
Better to discuss new dynamically .Routines are very well available on internet.NÚwton was not knowing anything about gravitation but got seed from apple falling.
I think PE can remain in pendulum at rest for time without limit.
Old 5th September 2017, 10:32 AM   #140
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
One key to the puzzle seems to be the insistence on dragging A&F into everything - without demonstrating they/it belong(s) in any part of the matter at all.*

*Not based on an exhaustive scanning of this thread.

While I agree it's a silly aphorism for a non-native speaker to adopt (~15 years Kumar... seriously, still this bad at English?)... at least I came across it a few years back when I last looked at these discussions.

But I missed the introduction of "TTTT"... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 11:00 AM   #141
fagin
Illuminator

Something along the lines of 'this and that talk'. Can't actually be bothered to go and look for the missing 'T', but I think it's his way of saying people are off topic.

Which coming from Kumar, is the height of irony.
Old 5th September 2017, 11:18 AM   #142
Mojo
Mostly harmless

"This and That Type Talk".

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 11:26 AM   #143
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Am I right I thinking Kumar has been encountered on a forum where he was writing in his native Hindi and it made no more sense there?
Old 5th September 2017, 11:33 AM   #144
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Am I right I thinking Kumar has been encountered on a forum where he was writing in his native Hindi and it made no more sense there?

He has resolutely refused to reveal what his native language is. Especially when people have offered to translate for him.

Old 5th September 2017, 11:42 AM   #145
BillC
Bazooka Joe

He has resolutely refused to reveal what his native language is. Especially when people have offered to translate for him.
Ah, then I take back my question. Sorry, Kumar.
Old 5th September 2017, 12:34 PM   #146
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

This has already been answered, but to sum up:

Hello,

Many time, Potential Energy(PE) confuses me. Very simple question:
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Whether PE is potential to work or potential to return to origional(natural, rest, grounded..) position?
Potential energy is the potential to release energy by moving to a state of lower energy.

Examples:

- a wound spring.
- A weight in a position where it can move lower.
- A chemical energy (like in a charged battery).

Quote:
I mean for example, a pendulum at rest(its natural position) should have maximum potential to move on both sides whereas on moving, it has potential to come back to rest(its natural position).
No, that is, quite frankly, nonsense.

A pendulum, (when swinging) has potential energy when at maximum swing, as it accelerates towards the lowest position, it converts this to kinetic energy which is again converted to potential energy as it swings upwards.

There is no such thing as a "natural position". It has nothing to do with original position.

Hans
Old 5th September 2017, 01:29 PM   #147
sackett
Illuminator

Kumar is an Urdu speaker. He might call it Hindi-Urdu. At the street level (where we are now), they're the same language.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 01:39 PM   #148
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Hello,

Many time, Potential Energy(PE) confuses me.

Potential energy: confusing Kumar since October 2003.

Old 5th September 2017, 02:03 PM   #149
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Ignoring the "exo/endo thermic principle" gibberish gives a rather ignorant question since obviously molecular structures with a mixture of bond types have a mixture of bond types !
For example there is water where H2O molecules are held together with covalent bonds and there are transient, temporary hydrogen bonds between the H2O molecules.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 02:28 PM   #150
ahhell
Critical Thinker

Has any actually defined potential energy?
Quote:
In physics, Potential Energy is the energy possessed by an object because of its position relative to other objects, stresses within itself, its electric charge, or other factors
PE is always relative to something. The potential energy of a pendulum is typically defined in terms of the lowest point in its swing. So, whether in motion or stationary a pendulum at the bottom of its swing has zero potential energy. That is, unless you are measuring the pendulums potential energy relative to the floor.

Based on a few previous posts, this is likely futile.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 05:41 PM   #151
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
What really makes this thread futile is that Kumar linked to a definition of PE in the OP !
He cites and quotes the Wikipedia article on potential energy here but cannot understand it (thinks it is PE as in physical exercise!).
Old 5th September 2017, 06:13 PM   #152
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
What really makes this thread futile is that Kumar linked to a definition of PE in the OP !
He cites and quotes the Wikipedia article on potential energy here but cannot understand it (thinks it is PE as in physical exercise!).

Despite his use of an athlete in one example, I'd call that a colloquialism too far.

Even I didn't make a connection to PE class.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2017, 08:21 PM   #153
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Language should not be barrier to understanding. Even a mother understand her kids well without involving any speaking or language.
Old 5th September 2017, 08:37 PM   #154
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
This has already been answered, but to sum up:

Yes, it does.

Potential energy is the potential to release energy by moving to a state of lower energy.

Examples:

- a wound spring.
- A weight in a position where it can move lower.
- A chemical energy (like in a charged battery).

No, that is, quite frankly, nonsense.

A pendulum, (when swinging) has potential energy when at maximum swing, as it accelerates towards the lowest position, it converts this to kinetic energy which is again converted to potential energy as it swings upwards.

There is no such thing as a "natural position". It has nothing to do with original position.

Hans
I meant maximum potential to move.

Anyway now discussion have progressed and now considerations are:

Do potentised remedies acquire PE due to action in preparing the remedies to justify reaction in accordance to Newton's 3rd law. I think we miss something due to oversight while looking at molecular interactions and following need to be checked:

1. Covalents bond if applicable.

2. Non-covalent bonds

3. Intermolecular forces.

4. Potential Energy

5. Others??

An excercising young man while dispates heat also improve its performane specific to that excercise. Pls read one post by bill summarising what I intended to say.
Old 5th September 2017, 08:39 PM   #155
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Potential energy: confusing Kumar since October 2003.
Yes because PE abd PE dynamics can be two faces of one thing.
Old 5th September 2017, 08:48 PM   #156
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
PE is always relative to something. The potential energy of a pendulum is typically defined in terms of the lowest point in its swing. So, whether in motion or stationary a pendulum at the bottom of its swing has zero potential energy. That is, unless you are measuring the pendulums potential energy relative to the floor.

Based on a few previous posts, this is likely futile.
No. I am trying to discuss PE dynamics. Whatever may be PE of pendulum at lowest/rest position but its potential to move either side is maximum.

Moreover, when I hit a small ball hard to a wall straight, it came back to me straight no bending downwards. How then "mgh" for PE is applicable?
Old 5th September 2017, 09:05 PM   #157
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

No. I am trying to discuss PE dynamics.
You are repeating "PE dynamics" ignorance and adding more !
The PE of a pendulum is a minimum at its lowest point as shown to you several times by people here.
When you hit a ball against a wall there is always "bending downwards". Gravity makes any thrown object fall. A fast object may fall a tiny distance over a small distance but it falls.

PE = mgh is applicable. PE for gravity is mgh for a height h, e.g. roll your ball across a table of height h. If your ball is thrown instead it drops from height h1 to height h2 and its PE decreases by mg(h1 - h2).

Last edited by Reality Check; 5th September 2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 6th September 2017, 12:14 AM   #158
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Language should not be barrier to understanding. Even a mother understand her kids well without involving any speaking or language.

Even if true (and you'd need to somehow provide evidence that the mother is correctly interpreting non-verbal communication from her child), the mother isn't attempting to discuss complicated abstract concepts.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 12:16 AM   #159
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Moreover, when I hit a small ball hard to a wall straight, it came back to me straight no bending downwards.

That just means that there is no gravity where you live.

Old 6th September 2017, 12:28 AM   #160
GlennB
In search of pi(e)

Moreover, when I hit a small ball hard to a wall straight, it came back to me straight no bending downwards. How then "mgh" for PE is applicable?
You're wrong; it does 'bend downwards'. For this very reason cricketers , baseball players and many others have to throw the ball upwards for it to reach its destination without bouncing.

Do you have fun posting pseudo-scientific drivel? That's the only explanation I can find for all these years of your nonsensensical posts.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology