ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 6th September 2017, 12:36 AM   #161
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
You are repeating "PE dynamics" ignorance and adding more !

What Kumar means by "dynamics" is somewhat questionable. He has in the past used the term "thinking dynamically" or similar to mean "ignoring the evidence and making stuff up".

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 12:48 AM   #162
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Moreover, when I hit a small ball hard to a wall straight, it came back to me straight no bending downwards.

This is too much ISS Type Talk. We are on ISF.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 12:57 AM   #163
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
That just means that there is no gravity where you live.
Gravity is there but probably some other force override it.
Old 6th September 2017, 01:01 AM   #164
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

What Kumar means by "dynamics" is somewhat questionable. He has in the past used the term "thinking dynamically" or similar to mean "ignoring the evidence and making stuff up".
Here by dynamics I mean when Potential is maximum but PE is minimum. How can you differenciate between Potential Energy and Potentiality?
Old 6th September 2017, 01:02 AM   #165
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

This is too much ISS Type Talk. We are on ISF.
Yes, when we can't find anything on earth we may need to search that in space.
Old 6th September 2017, 01:04 AM   #166
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
You're wrong; it does 'bend downwards'. For this very reason cricketers , baseball players and many others have to throw the ball upwards for it to reach its destination without bouncing.

Do you have fun posting pseudo-scientific drivel? That's the only explanation I can find for all these years of your nonsensensical posts.
I don't know, it came straight back to me. Probably some force overrided gravity.
Old 6th September 2017, 01:10 AM   #167
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I don't know, it came straight back to me. Probably some force overrided gravity.
No, it didn't. You just threw it fast enough and viewed it from a sufficiently unfavourable angle that you didn't notice the small amount that it dropped.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 01:14 AM   #168
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
No, it didn't. You just threw it fast enough and viewed it from a sufficiently unfavourable angle that you didn't notice the small amount that it dropped.

Dave
Angle was same. I didn't threw at any angle but straight, Apparently It came back straight to me. Can't force used in throwing override gravity?
Old 6th September 2017, 01:33 AM   #169
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Now coming back to topic subject, there ca be many many types of "Molecular Interactions, as indicated on following link:
Molecular Interactions

"Molecular Interactions
https://ww2.chemistry.gatech.edu/~lw...s/mol_int.html

We don't know what can cause what? I do not want to overburden you and me by grilling all at above link but it is hudge topic. Broadly, we can just think about followings which can be related to it:

1. Covalent Bonds(no applicable here)

2. Non-Covalent Bonds

3. Intermolecular forces

4. Potential Energy

5. Potentiality(PE dynamics)

6. Any other(you can suggest)??

Since heat is not only the product of any action, other factors are also need to be checked increasing potentiality of remedies(so potentization).
Old 6th September 2017, 01:36 AM   #170
fagin
Illuminator

Homeopathy is still bunk, Kumar.
Old 6th September 2017, 01:42 AM   #171
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Homeopathy is still bunk, Kumar.
May be. Let them enjoy and florish even without you. We are just trying to do something for science, something for good to all and just for our curicity.
Old 6th September 2017, 01:49 AM   #172
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

May be. Let them enjoy and florish even without you. We are just trying to do something for science, something for good to all and just for our curicity.
And your wallets.
Old 6th September 2017, 02:30 AM   #173
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Angle was same. I didn't threw at any angle but straight, Apparently It came back straight to me. Can't force used in throwing override gravity?
You either didn't throw it straight or it didn't come back at the same angle, but you simply couldn't tell the difference. Gravity can't be overridden, but the faster the ball moves, the shorter the time gravity acts on it and the less easy it is to see the effect.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 02:48 AM   #174
BillC
Bazooka Joe

What are the forum's rules on kittening?
Old 6th September 2017, 02:52 AM   #175
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Old 6th September 2017, 02:54 AM   #176
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Do you think it would work if you hit the ball slowly?
Old 6th September 2017, 03:02 AM   #177
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Do you think it would work if you hit the ball slowly?
No, therefore I mentioned other forces. I meant to show that there can be variations in anything.

Anyway, we can come to our main topic.
Old 6th September 2017, 03:15 AM   #178
fagin
Illuminator

No, therefore I mentioned other forces. I meant to show that there can be variations in anything.
Localised weightlessness? I think that's a fail.

Anyway, we can come to our main topic.
Making random stuff up?
Old 6th September 2017, 03:47 AM   #179
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Making random stuff up?

AKA "dynamics". See thread title.

Old 6th September 2017, 03:49 AM   #180
Mojo
Mostly harmless

No, therefore I mentioned other forces.

What "other forces" do you think would be exerted on a ball moving rapidly that would not be exerted on a ball moving slowly?

Old 6th September 2017, 05:03 AM   #181
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

It might, although I wouldn't hold my breath, give you a basic grounding, obviously.
What else would you expect?
Teaching you logic might be pushing it a bit.
[quote=Mojo;11986059]What "other forces" do you think would be exerted on a ball moving rapidly that would not be exerted on a ball moving slowly?[/QUOTE
]
From bàll example I shown variation can be possible. Othet forces sd mean I applied so much force it ovérrided gravity, apparently. Like it variations can àlso be possible anywhere,like as i said about PE n PE dynamics.
Old 6th September 2017, 05:20 AM   #182
fagin
Illuminator

It might, although I wouldn't hold my breath, give you a basic grounding, obviously.
What else would you expect?
Teaching you logic might be pushing it a bit.
What "other forces" do you think would be exerted on a ball moving rapidly that would not be exerted on a ball moving slowly?
From bàll example I shown variation can be possible. Othet forces sd mean I applied so much force it ovérrided gravity, apparently. Like it variations can àlso be possible anywhere,like as i said about PE n PE dynamics.
I rest my case.
Old 6th September 2017, 05:22 AM   #183
fagin
Illuminator

ps. Kumar, if you can override gravity, you are well on your way to being the richest Kumar in the known universe.
Old 6th September 2017, 05:58 AM   #184
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

ps. Kumar, if you can override gravity, you are well on your way to being the richest Kumar in the known universe.
Simple,if I take one glass of watervon upper floor it is against the gravity.
Old 6th September 2017, 06:18 AM   #185
fagin
Illuminator

Well done you....
Old 6th September 2017, 06:19 AM   #186
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Mojo asked you "what other forces?". You haven't answered him.

NAME the other forces you think were involved.
Old 6th September 2017, 06:48 AM   #187
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Mojo asked you "what other forces?". You haven't answered him.

NAME the other forces you think were involved.
Applied force for throwing the ball for hitting hard to wall. You can name it, whatever is technical for you. I though it is common understanding.
Old 6th September 2017, 06:50 AM   #188
Dave Rogers

Applied force for throwing the ball for hitting hard to wall.
The moment the ball leaves your hand, that force is no longer acting on it, and so cannot counteract gravity.

Dave

Old 6th September 2017, 06:56 AM   #189
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, I am bit exausted due to replying TTTTs and to many posters. I shall take rest for some time or just attend contributing posts to OP. Current state These discussions do indicàte some positive for better understanding of homeopathic sub atomíc type remedies. See you later or bit slow.
Old 6th September 2017, 06:58 AM   #190
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The moment the ball leaves your hand, that force is no longer acting on it, and so cannot counteract gravity.

Perhaps Kumar is forgetting to let go of the ball, and is simply carrying it to the wall and back again.

Old 6th September 2017, 07:06 AM   #191
Dave Rogers

Current state These discussions do indicàte some positive for better understanding of homeopathic sub atomíc type remedies.
Yes, but only because more people are telling you that the full understanding of homeopathic remedies is summed up by "There's nothing there, and it doesn't do anything."

Dave

Old 6th September 2017, 07:15 AM   #192
fagin
Illuminator

Sorry, I am bit exausted due to replying TTTTs and to many posters. I shall take rest for some time or just attend contributing posts to OP. Current state These discussions do indicàte some positive for better understanding of homeopathic sub atomíc type remedies. See you later or bit slow.
About 14 years worth of bit.
Old 6th September 2017, 07:38 AM   #193
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Applied force for throwing the ball for hitting hard to wall. You can name it, whatever is technical for you. I though it is common understanding.
This applied force would also be present (while the ball is in your hand) for a slow thrown ball. You said other forces were at worK and this is what you were asked about.
Old 6th September 2017, 07:43 AM   #194
fagin
Illuminator

With apologies, "these aren't the balls you are looking for."
Old 6th September 2017, 08:18 AM   #195
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Language should not be barrier to understanding. Even a mother understand her kids well without involving any speaking or language.
Is she teaching them 7th grade physics?
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2017, 08:38 AM   #196
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

This applied force would also be present (while the ball is in your hand) for a slow thrown ball. You said other forces were at worK and this is what you were asked about.
³I meant other forces than gravity.
Old 6th September 2017, 08:45 AM   #197
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, but only because more people are telling you that the full understanding of homeopathic remedies is summed up by "There's nothing there, and it doesn't do anything."

Dave
Yes but when clinical observations are very well noted by homeopaths n théir patients, some science shoúld be there. Same I tryong to know for science n good for all. Why there can't be some miss or weaknes?
Old 6th September 2017, 09:00 AM   #198
fagin
Illuminator

³I meant other forces than gravity.
Such as?

Magic?
Old 6th September 2017, 09:05 AM   #199
Dave Rogers

Yes but when clinical observations are very well noted by homeopaths n théir patients, some science shoúld be there.
The science is that some patients recover without intervention, but homeopathy - being, effectively, no intervention - claims them as successes. When that's removed from the statistics, it becomes clear that no more people recover with homeopathic treatment than with no treatment, and that therefore homeopathy doesn't work. That's all.

Dave

Old 6th September 2017, 09:38 AM   #200
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

The science is that some patients recover without intervention, but homeopathy - being, effectively, no intervention - claims them as successes. When that's removed from the statistics, it becomes clear that no more people recover with homeopathic treatment than with no treatment, and that therefore homeopathy doesn't work. That's all.

Dave
This is commonly thought by science community but not by homeopathic community. I had gíven one link abóut a study n other link for all studies available on pubmed on homeopathy. You can find many studies in favour of homeopathy. However you can also fínd many studies not in favour of homeopathy. It depend on you, which to choose. Depending on different nature of agents, effects& side effects, apparent outcome can vary.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology