ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Reply
Old 14th September 2017, 09:15 AM   #2921
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I'm done here. I think anyone that reads this will have the intelligence to know that you're just being ridiculous in hopes of not losing face.

I never said that deleting it was best practices. That's the dumbest interpretation someone could make. I said going from 30 days to 60 days isn't strange.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to have a real conversation instead of twisting things to try and win some internet points. I'll be around. This is 9/11 truther type stuff, and I have a limit on that.

Later Dog
Well, bye!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 09:32 AM   #2922
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 20,815
Do we know who Eric Hoteham is yet?
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 09:35 AM   #2923
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 20,815
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The heroes at Judicial watch are keeping Americans up to date and have released another tranche of documents from Hillary's cowboy server.

Are there classified documents? Oh you know there are

Are there work documents that Hillary did not turn over to State? Oh hells yes.

The documents included 97 email exchanges with Clinton not previously turned over to the State Department, bringing the known total to date to at least 627 emails that were not part of the 55,000 pages of emails that Clinton turned over, and further contradicting a statement by Clinton that, “as far as she knew,” all of her government emails had been turned over to department.

Thank you Judicial Watch!
Not to get off topic, but wouldn't it be prudent of us all to concentrate on the classified information our current administration divvies out like candy to foreign governments, rather than waste our time re-litigating everything a failed candidate may or may not have done during her time as Sec Of State?
I understand the obsession part, sort of. It's like a hobby or something.

But it should take a back seat to current affairs, no?
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:02 AM   #2924
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Not to get off topic, but wouldn't it be prudent of us all to concentrate on the classified information our current administration divvies out like candy to foreign governments, rather than waste our time re-litigating everything a failed candidate may or may not have done during her time as Sec Of State?
I understand the obsession part, sort of. It's like a hobby or something.

But it should take a back seat to current affairs, no?
why not both?

I look forward to you starting a thread regarding such subject and it is my promise to you that I will add as much value to that thread as you have added here, on that you have my word!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:24 AM   #2925
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 20,815
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
why not both?

I look forward to you starting a thread regarding such subject and it is my promise to you that I will add as much value to that thread as you have added here, on that you have my word!
Well, one has already been done to death. Kept alive by people obsessed with all things Hillary only.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:26 AM   #2926
GodMark2
Graduate Poster
 
GodMark2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,963
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Not to get off topic, but wouldn't it be prudent of us all to concentrate on the classified information our current administration divvies out like candy to foreign governments, rather than waste our time re-litigating everything a failed candidate may or may not have done during her time as Sec Of State?
I understand the obsession part, sort of. It's like a hobby or something.

But it should take a back seat to current affairs, no?
Silly boy. It's not illegal when the president does it and admits he did it. It's only illegal when the secretary of state doesn't actually do it, but might have sorta maybe have done something that looks a bit similar but doesn't have any evidence for other than "well, she's shifty, ya know".

Can't you tell the difference?
__________________
Knowing that we do not know, it does not necessarily follow that we can not know.
GodMark2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:29 AM   #2927
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Well, one has already been done to death. Kept alive by people obsessed with all things Hillary only.
and their admirers, amiright??
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:31 AM   #2928
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by GodMark2 View Post
Silly boy. It's not illegal when the president does it and admits he did it. It's only illegal when the secretary of state doesn't actually do it, but might have sorta maybe have done something that looks a bit similar but doesn't have any evidence for other than "well, she's shifty, ya know".

Can't you tell the difference?
whataboutism ROCKS!!!!!!!!

whataboutism are so groovy
whataboutism are so tough
Every time that they're near me
I just can't get enough
whataboutism are so pretty
whataboutism are so sweet
whataboutism drive me crazy
Drive me indiscreet
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 10:36 AM   #2929
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty
 
NoahFence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 20,815
Originally Posted by GodMark2 View Post
Silly boy. It's not illegal when the president does it and admits he did it. It's only illegal when the secretary of state doesn't actually do it, but might have sorta maybe have done something that looks a bit similar but doesn't have any evidence for other than "well, she's shifty, ya know".

Can't you tell the difference?
Hawt Dawg!
I do get it. Clear as a pane of glass.
__________________
you to the ignorant, uneducated portion ofAmerica too short sighted to see what's right in front of your cheeto loving faces.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 12:43 PM   #2930
sunmaster14
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9,883
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post

<snip>

Datto/Platte were contracted to do local backups/screenshots of the server. They were not contracted, requested, or told to put those backups from the local storage to cloud storage. That's where it became illegal. They took data that wasn't theirs and put it somewhere they shouldn't, and then held on to it without any permission at all. That's why they required Hillary (the end user) to give permission to turn it over. She could have fought it, and honestly, had a pretty good case.
Do you know who else took data that wasn't hers and put it somewhere she shouldn't, and then held on to it without any permission at all? Do ya?
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 12:45 PM   #2931
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Do you know who else took data that wasn't hers and put it somewhere she shouldn't, and then held on to it without any permission at all? Do ya?
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 01:31 PM   #2932
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Do you know who else took data that wasn't hers and put it somewhere she shouldn't, and then held on to it without any permission at all? Do ya?
Every Secretary of State, and the majority of government employees previous to 2009?

In true Truther style, we're back to cherry picking single statements to try and score internet coolness points. Want me to walk circles around you like I did with The Big Dog too? Or will it probably continue to be arguing about petty semantics while trying to not to look and sound completely uneducated about a topic you know nothing at all about? A or B, you can pick. I already took The Big Dog for a walk, I can do the same with you.


...er wait, I mean. Sick burn bro. It totally doesn't ring hollow with you Trump guys.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 01:41 PM   #2933
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Do you know who else took data that wasn't hers and put it somewhere she shouldn't, and then held on to it without any permission at all? Do ya?
Oh, sorry I mean:

It's teh HillzDawg dat onlee duz i t lozl sheez teh waurst
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 01:44 PM   #2934
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Danth's law, huh? ....while personifying Danth's law, and being smug about it. Keep it up. You're a hoot.
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post


Thanks to all those personifying Danth's law

Danth's Law: If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly.


Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Want me to walk circles around you like I did with The Big Dog too? ..... I already took The Big Dog for a walk, I can do the same with you.
laughing dog here! Oh mercy
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations

Last edited by The Big Dog; 14th September 2017 at 01:45 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:15 PM   #2935
sunmaster14
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9,883
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Every Secretary of State, and the majority of government employees previous to 2009?
No, that would be quite incorrect. Maybe Colin Powell was guilty of it to a very limited extent, but there has been no credible evidence that anybody else was.

Quote:
In true Truther style, we're back to cherry picking single statements to try and score internet coolness points.
If I had a nickel for every internet point I've earned, I'd have a whole ******** of nickels. Regardless, I'm merely pointing out that you accused Datto of doing something illegal, when it was far more likely they unintentionally breached a contract. The likely result of a court action would be monetary damages paid to Clinton.

But in this thread, or earlier versions, you have insisted that Clinton did nothing illegal. How do you square those two claims? Either you need to retract your claim that Datto broke the law, or you need to admit that Clinton broke the law. Or you could continue to live with the contradiction and hypocrisy. I suppose that's the prerogative of a liberal these days.

Quote:
Want me to walk circles around you like I did with The Big Dog too? Or will it probably continue to be arguing about petty semantics while trying to not to look and sound completely uneducated about a topic you know nothing at all about? A or B, you can pick. I already took The Big Dog for a walk, I can do the same with you.
Oh please don't. I'm afraid I would be thoroughly outgunned rhetorically by somebody working on his degree in IT from an esteemed college in North Dakota. I know it's not just a coincidence that North Dakota sits atop all of those other states.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 02:21 PM   #2936
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Oh please don't. I'm afraid I would be thoroughly outgunned rhetorically by somebody working on his degree in IT from an esteemed college in North Dakota. I know it's not just a coincidence that North Dakota sits atop all of those other states.
https://youtu.be/6fIp-OuUAxU
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:06 PM   #2937
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
No, that would be quite incorrect. Maybe Colin Powell was guilty of it to a very limited extent, but there has been no credible evidence that anybody else was.
Prove it, you're making a claim the no one other than Hillary (or possibly Powell) has done it. Back it up, I'll wait.

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Regardless, I'm merely pointing out that you accused Datto of doing something illegal, when it was far more likely they unintentionally breached a contract.
It can be both, breaching a contract and illegal. Just letting you know that. Being a civil issue doesn't stop it from being illegal as well.

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
The likely result of a court action would be monetary damages paid to Clinton.
"Likely". Back to sunmasters "might be's, maybe's, could be's, and possiblies". Ok If that's what you're going to cling to, you knock yourself out.

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
But in this thread, or earlier versions, you have insisted that Clinton did nothing illegal.
Uh, not just me little buddy. You might remember the FBI saying something to the same effect. Maybe? No? Convenient.

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
How do you square those two claims? Either you need to retract your claim that Datto broke the law, or you need to admit that Clinton broke the law. Or you could continue to live with the contradiction and hypocrisy. I suppose that's the prerogative of a liberal these days.
Oooo you said "liberal", that makes you better than me!

Point out the contradiction, because there isn't one. There WAS no law at the time saying she was required to use the government servers, which has been pointed out in this thread numerous times. Just like the SOS before her didn't use it.

To flip that, there are laws and policies in place to protect people's data.

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
Oh please don't. I'm afraid I would be thoroughly outgunned rhetorically by somebody working on his degree in IT from an esteemed college in North Dakota. I know it's not just a coincidence that North Dakota sits atop all of those other states.
I'm not going to college in North Dakota fella. Nice ad hom on the colleges up here. Because we all know what a joke UND and NDSU are when it comes to education. UND doesn't have one of the best engineering courses available.

What a *********** joke LoL. Because I live here I have to go to school here? You should catch up with the times.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:13 PM   #2938
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
It can be both, breaching a contract and illegal. Just letting you know that. Being a civil issue doesn't stop it from being illegal as well.
The suggestion that keeping a backup copy of data longer than a company was supposed to is "illegal' a/k/a criminal is unbelievably ridiculous and therefore hilarious!
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:24 PM   #2939
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,215
Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
The server was not at fault. In fact, the server did its assigned task quite well, and calling it a cowboy does not denigrate its efforts. It is Hillary's fault for using a cowboy server for official correspondence, and even classified information. I think that is what TBD was getting at.

Also, I think Hillary's treatment of such an efficient and faithful server was atrocious. First, it had its memory wiped; then it was sent to the FBI to be torn apart. I hope, in the end, it got a proper burial at least.
Ignoring the second paragraph, yes, I agree that Clinton should not have used a private email server. It was a poor choice on her part, one likely influenced by a desire to have more control over her emails than indeed a government official ought to have. We might speculate over why she has this desire, but it really doesn't matter.

She used a private server. She shouldn't have done so. Far as I know, the private server was secure enough, but she shouldn'ta oughta had it.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:26 PM   #2940
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The suggestion that keeping a backup copy of data longer than a company was supposed to is "illegal' a/k/a criminal is unbelievably ridiculous and therefore hilarious!
They didn't keep it longer than they should have fella. They shouldn't have made it at all. It shouldn't have existed. It's ridiculous because, much like everything else on this topic, you have 0 understanding of it at all. Even a little.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 14th September 2017 at 04:49 PM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:28 PM   #2941
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
It's like the key guy making a new extra copy of your key, without your permission (or his bosses or anyone's knowledge) and then keeping it in his office.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 03:41 PM   #2942
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
They didn't keep longer than they should have fella. They shouldn't have made it at all. It shouldn't have existed. It's ridiculous because, much like everything else on this topic, you have 0 understanding of it at all. Even a little.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
and that is criminal.... how?

By the way, have you begun to notice that you are constantly not addressing the issues? Like when you say it is illegal and when asked how, you quibble about some unbelievably ridiculous point?

Making a copy of the data is illegal how:

C'mon, you can do it?
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 04:35 PM   #2943
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
and that is criminal.... how?

By the way, have you begun to notice that you are constantly not addressing the issues? Like when you say it is illegal and when asked how, you quibble about some unbelievably ridiculous point?

Making a copy of the data is illegal how:

C'mon, you can do it?
Look at any other theft of anything. Yes, the locksmith was a bad example because unless he uses it, there are no laws being broken. I made that comparison to show how strange it is to do.

With data, it's just theft. It's not always tangible so one can't always put it in their pocket. The laws vary state to state with some being more up to date than others. Federally they seem to follow California's laws, and have ruled as such. Everything you want to learn you can find right here. For instance:

Quote:
The federal courts have also found access to be "unauthorized" when rules established and promulgated by the employer or owner of the computer data have been violated. US Greenfiber v. Brooks,8.
It was unauthorized because no one asked them to keep the data, no one asked them to back up the data, and there was no permission for them to save the data in the cloud. I said before, she would have a good case IF she had wanted to fight it based on how the laws have worked so far. Would she win? I dunno, but she'd have a case. The biggest road block is that I don't see Platte or Datto having any intentions of doing anything nefarious. Though, with those email you linked to earlier, maybe I shouldn't be so quick to say that. Man, I'm still glad you linked me to that stuff. Outstanding.

Hillary didn't profit from her data and as you've bitched about repeatedly, had worked to delete it and get rid of it. The problem there is that the only praise she got during this whole thing was that she kept her emails around when every other SoS had absolutely nothing. Hence why the same isn't applicable to her. This is all my opinion, and trust me, I know yours will be different.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 05:07 PM   #2944
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Look at any other theft of anything. Yes, the locksmith was a bad example because unless he uses it, there are no laws being broken. I made that comparison to show how strange it is to do.

With data, it's just theft. It's not always tangible so one can't always put it in their pocket. The laws vary state to state with some being more up to date than others. Federally they seem to follow California's laws, and have ruled as such. Everything you want to learn you can find right here. For instance:

It was unauthorized because no one asked them to keep the data, no one asked them to back up the data, and there was no permission for them to save the data in the cloud. I said before, she would have a good case IF she had wanted to fight it based on how the laws have worked so far. Would she win? I dunno, but she'd have a case. The biggest road block is that I don't see Platte or Datto having any intentions of doing anything nefarious. Though, with those email you linked to earlier, maybe I shouldn't be so quick to say that. Man, I'm still glad you linked me to that stuff. Outstanding.

Hillary didn't profit from her data and as you've bitched about repeatedly, had worked to delete it and get rid of it. The problem there is that the only praise she got during this whole thing was that she kept her emails around when every other SoS had absolutely nothing. Hence why the same isn't applicable to her. This is all my opinion, and trust me, I know yours will be different.
US Greenfiber v. Brooks is a civil case.

There is no basis to assert that what Datto did was illegal.

More importantly? Big picture time: we are talking about Hillary and her team deleting documents after they were requested and were the subject of a governmental investigation.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 06:49 PM   #2945
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 36,381
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
why not both?

I look forward to you starting a thread regarding such subject and it is my promise to you that I will add as much value to that thread as you have added here, on that you have my word!
Yeah, I'm sure the heroes at Judicial Watch will be all over the Trump administration,..... any day now.
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele
"Chicken **** Poster!"
Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2017, 06:56 PM   #2946
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,962
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
and their admirers, amiright??
Why do you admire Hillary so much?
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 06:54 AM   #2947
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
US Greenfiber v. Brooks is a civil case.
Ok, and? Precedence has to start somewhere, and that's a ruling that supports my statement that is also used by the federal courts. As I've said a bunch of times that she may not have won, but she had a case.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
There is no basis to assert that what Datto did was illegal.
Yes, there is, just none that you want to accept because it screws your entire argument up. It was unauthorized access to information by the definition of the law, whether it be civil or criminal, it is at least a basis to assert if nothing else. You've shown nothing to the contrary other than your own opinions. Nothing more.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
More importantly? Big picture time: we are talking about Hillary and her team deleting documents after they were requested and were the subject of a governmental investigation.
Weird, can you show me where you were talking about that when you necro'd this thread? Or do you mean that's what you're changing our talk to in order to deter the conversation from continuing in a field you know nothing about?

Here's where you necro'd the thread from and what you said:

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Have I got a book for you! It is called "What Happened" and it is gonna be burning up the fiction lists soon!

Get a load of this!

https://twitter.com/JudicialWatch/st...83749592051712

The IT staff at State (which she ran) used to help her with her Blackberry! Golly, you mean the IT staff that you intentionally circumvented by running a cowboy server out of your basement?

The IT staff that wasn't told that Hillary was running a half-ass IT department out of her basement

Clinton used her BlackBerry as the group continued looking for a solution. But unknown to diplomatic security and technology officials at the department, there was another looming communications vulnerability: Clinton’s Black*Berry was digitally tethered to a private email server in the basement of her family home, some 260 miles to the north in Chappaqua, N.Y., documents and interviews show.

Those officials took no steps to protect the server against intruders and spies, because they apparently were not told about it.


The IT department that offered her a dot gov account but Huma told them that was not going to work.

Fantastic Fiction Hillary!
You didn't mention data deletion anywhere in there at all. You were complaining about security, which is strange because her server was more secure than the government servers, as I pointed out previously.

Weren't you the professional goal post something or another? Watch them go!
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 15th September 2017 at 06:56 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 07:37 AM   #2948
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Ok, and? Precedence has to start somewhere, and that's a ruling that supports my statement that is also used by the federal courts. As I've said a bunch of times that she may not have won, but she had a case.!
You were asked to cite support for your claim that what they did was illegal. You failed to do so. Someone already explained to you that a civil breach is completely different than criminal. Yet you cite a civil case in support of your ludicrous theory.

The assertion that Hillary Clinton could have defeated a Federal search warrant issued in connection with a national intelligence investigation because one of her vendors might have breached their contract is easily the most ridiculous argument in a very very long line of ridiculous arguments you have made.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 07:51 AM   #2949
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
You were asked to cite support for your claim that what they did was illegal. You failed to do so. Someone already explained to you that a civil breach is completely different than criminal. Yet you cite a civil case in support of your ludicrous theory.
Read the whole *********** link, Jesus Christ. It goes to show that they have categorized what "unauthorized" means, at a federal level. I know it was civil, I know it wasn't criminal, but it's not really a reach to say it was criminal or to use this case as an example if needed. In comparison, you've got exactly jack **** to show that anything Hillary has done is illegal at all. There's no case law, there's no charges against her, there's no investigation, there's nothing. Yet here you are, still screaming the same thing. How do you square those two? You've called me a hypocrite, but this seems pretty hypocritical to me.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The assertion that Hillary Clinton could have defeated a Federal search warrant issued in connection with a national intelligence investigation because one of her vendors might have breached their contract is easily the most ridiculous argument in a very very long line of ridiculous arguments you have made.
Given the source of the accusations that I'm being "ridiculous", after the Benghazi thread and this one, is pretty hilarious. Considering that both of your pet projects against Hillary have amounted to nothing as far as any criminal activity is concerned. So yeah, lecture me about ridiculous arguments

For the last time, since obviously reading comprehension is a problem, I never said she WOULD defeat it. I said if she had a desire to keep that information from them, she would have had a decent stance in court given the trends the laws are taking with regards to data privacy.

ETA: I loved the pivot too. It was real flashy.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 15th September 2017 at 07:55 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:05 AM   #2950
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Read the whole *********** link, Jesus Christ. It goes to show that they have categorized what "unauthorized" means, at a federal level. I know it was civil, I know it wasn't criminal, but it's not really a reach to say it was criminal or to use this case as an example if needed. In comparison, you've got exactly jack **** to show that anything Hillary has done at all is illegal. There's no case law, there's no charges against her, there's no investigation, there's nothing. Yet here you are, still screaming the same thing. How do you square those two? You've called me a hypocrite, but this seems pretty hypocritical to me.
Say folks, lets "break" that down as it were. "I know it was civil, I know it wasn't criminal, but it's not really a reach to say it was criminal or to use this case as an example if needed." anyone else see what is wrong with that? Anyone?

And then having failed to address the fact that this ridiculous nonsense, this sheer mockery of basic principles of civil and criminal law does not even remotely conjure up a defense to an FBI search warrant issued in assistance of a intelligence investigation, we are left with the big picture, which i will demonstrate with a short vignette....

FBI: We need the documents and the server because they have classified data on them from the CIA and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
Hillary and her lawyer: The documents were deleted and the server is blank. Sorry, not sorry.
Dattos: Oops, we had a backup that hasn't been destroyed yet.
Hillary: That is a breach of contract! Sorry FBI you can't have the last remaining copy of the documents that we thought we destroyed, not sorry.
FBI: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Oh mercy...
Scene... search warrant.... FBI seizes the documents.

Fin.

Sensational!

Hey, it is OK you really kicked my tail when you typed this "Considering that both of your pet projects against Hillary have amounted to nothing as far as any criminal activity is concerned."

Which is not all that surprising because President Hillary Clinton could simply pardon herself......

Oh wait.....
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:37 AM   #2951
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Say folks, lets "break" that down as it were. "I know it was civil, I know it wasn't criminal, but it's not really a reach to say it was criminal or to use this case as an example if needed." anyone else see what is wrong with that? Anyone?

And then having failed to address the fact that this ridiculous nonsense, this sheer mockery of basic principles of civil and criminal law does not even remotely conjure up a defense to an FBI search warrant issued in assistance of a intelligence investigation, we are left with the big picture, which i will demonstrate with a short vignette....

FBI: We need the documents and the server because they have classified data on them from the CIA and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
Hillary and her lawyer: The documents were deleted and the server is blank. Sorry, not sorry.
Dattos: Oops, we had a backup that hasn't been destroyed yet.
Hillary: That is a breach of contract! Sorry FBI you can't have the last remaining copy of the documents that we thought we destroyed, not sorry.
FBI: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Oh mercy...
Scene... search warrant.... FBI seizes the documents.

Fin.

Sensational!

Hey, it is OK you really kicked my tail when you typed this "Considering that both of your pet projects against Hillary have amounted to nothing as far as any criminal activity is concerned."

Which is not all that surprising because President Hillary Clinton could simply pardon herself......

Oh wait.....
And that's what it's all about, as your true colors always come through. It doesn't matter if what she did was illegal, it matters that she lost. Your arguments, goal post moving, and attempts at witty retorts just prove it.

Good job at not explaining your complete hypocrisy. I didn't think you would, since this isn't the first hypocritical stance you've taken.

I see you've provided more evidence free opinion instead of fact.

Your ******** conversation went like this:

Quote:
FBI: We need the documents and the server because we believe they have classified data on them from the CIA and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
Hillary and her lawyer: The documents were deleted and the server is blank.
Dattos: Hillary, without any form of permission, authorization, and against our contract that we made with you we've found a backup in the cloud.
Hillary: Ok, give it to them.
FBI: Thanks
Can you explain to me where you got your law degree from? I'm just curious. Oh, you don't have one? So your opinions on this have absolutely NOTHING to support them other than your emoticons and "witty" comebacks? Meanwhile I've given a source that details how states have passed laws detailing data theft is criminal (it's in the article, clearly stated), the federal courts have defined authorization (at least in a civil sense) that could be used to either delay the turn over of the information or possibly even more. We don't know since it's impossible to prove either way. The difference is I'm not stubborn enough to just assume I'm right. I know that I may not be, and there is room for argument.

ETA: That being said, I would appreciate it if someone with actual legal knowledge, instead of internet sleuthing, could give some background or information on this.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 15th September 2017 at 08:41 AM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:47 AM   #2952
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Can you explain to me where you got your law degree from? .
Wait, you are the one who has been posting laughably ridiculous legal claims, and the assertion that they could be used to prevent the FBI from seizing the evidence simply takes the cake. What law school did you go to?

What you are of course missing is the fact that every single time you arguing this all that you are doing is reminding people that Hillary tried and failed to destroy evidence which included top secret documents that should not have been near her server in the first place, which is why the email scandal fiasco was so damaging.

Basically you have hit a sewer main, and instead of covering it up you continue to hit it until Hillary is covered in sewage.

So do continue us to regale us with tales about Hillary Clinton and her valiant gang of IT morons.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:52 AM   #2953
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Wait, you are the one who has been posting laughably ridiculous legal claims, and the assertion that they could be used to prevent the FBI from seizing the evidence simply takes the cake. What law school did you go to?
To you. They're ridiculous, to you, but that's because you NEED to hate her. You HAVE to find reasons to hate her. You haven't actually contested anything I've said with any form of evidence, or rational conversation. Your argument has amounted to "lolz yer stupid becuz Hilldawgz croniez roflcopter". They're substance free. I don't have a law degree, I just have an education in IT that requires me to have a knowledge of the laws so I can do my job efficiently. I've never claimed to be more than that.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
What you are of course missing is the fact that every single time you arguing this all that you are doing is reminding people that Hillary tried and failed to destroy evidence which included top secret documents that should not have been near her server in the first place, which is why the email scandal fiasco was so damaging.

Basically you have hit a sewer main, and instead of covering it up you continue to hit it until Hillary is covered in sewage.

So do continue us to regale us with tales about Hillary Clinton and her valiant gang of IT morons.
Uh yeah. rabble rabble rabble rabble. Got it. Thanks.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 08:59 AM   #2954
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
To you. They're ridiculous, to you, but that's because you NEED to hate her. You HAVE to find reasons to hate her. You haven't actually contested anything I've said with any form of evidence, or rational conversation. Your argument has amounted to "lolz yer stupid becuz Hilldawgz croniez roflcopter". They're substance free. I don't have a law degree, I just have an education in IT that requires me to have a knowledge of the laws so I can do my job efficiently. I've never claimed to be more than that.
I'm sorry was it wrong of me to ask you support your (objectively ludicrous) claims?

Oh my bad.

What does your education it and knowledge of the laws teach us about data that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency?
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 09:17 AM   #2955
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
I'm sorry was it wrong of me to ask you support your (objectively ludicrous) claims?
No, it's not wrong of you to ask, but when provided it's fairly standard to come back with something showing that I'm actually wrong. Which is something you haven't done, or even tried to do. Like I said, substance free arguments that contain nothing other than emoji's, lolz and telling me how ridiculous it is as if civil and criminal law don't overlap regularly. Civil law has been cited in criminal cases and vice versa. This isn't new.

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
*snipped standard snarK* What does your education it and knowledge of the laws teach us about data that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency?
Admittedly, not very much. We cover the bigger cases that involve data breaches of government both foreign and domestic. Learn how they happened, learn how to prevent them, and learn what to do after a breach has happened. We also have to review security requirements needed to store the different levels of data, but that's fairly limited as we can't work on the actual systems. Those are classified, which is why I loved the FBI report because I got to learn more.

That being said, I referred to the FBI who actually agrees with me in this case, and not with you. Nothing criminal. Stupid, but not criminal.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 09:39 AM   #2956
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
No, it's not wrong of you to ask, but when provided it's fairly standard to come back with something showing that I'm actually wrong. Which is something you haven't done, or even tried to do. Like I said, substance free arguments that contain nothing other than emoji's, lolz and telling me how ridiculous it is as if civil and criminal law don't overlap regularly. Civil law has been cited in criminal cases and vice versa. This isn't new.
Civil law has been cited as a basis for criminal liability? Do tell!

Because I think that everyone here wants to learn more about your theory that Hillary could have prevented the FBI from exercising a search warrant in aid of its intelligence investigation that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that ended up on her server, and Platee river's and datto's and a bunch of other places.

I think I speak for all of us that we welcome your thoughts on FBI's intelligence investigation that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that ended up on her server, and Platee river's and datto's and a bunch of other places.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 09:54 AM   #2957
plague311
Great minds think...
 
plague311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Civil law has been cited as a basis for criminal liability? Do tell!

Because I think that everyone here wants to learn more about your theory that Hillary could have prevented the FBI from exercising a search warrant in aid of its intelligence investigation that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that ended up on her server, and Platee river's and datto's and a bunch of other places.

I think I speak for all of us that we welcome your thoughts on FBI's intelligence investigation that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that ended up on her server, and Platee river's and datto's and a bunch of other places.
Look to be honest, I feel I've tried explaining everything that I can. You've done absolutely nothing but mock, insult, and degrade while providing nothing more than substance free ********. I should have been done with this last time, but sunmaster pulled me back in.

I'm good on this. Go back to your headboard raising like you've accomplished something here, while I laugh that it must just chap you beyond belief that nothing will happen. That's the great part about this, you require me to jump through all these *********** hoops to satisfy your nonsensical ******** while the actual FBI has already said nothing illegal happened on Hillary's part.
__________________
"All acts performed in the world begin in the imagination."--Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 09:58 AM   #2958
sunmaster14
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9,883
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Ok, and? Precedence has to start somewhere, and that's a ruling that supports my statement that is also used by the federal courts. As I've said a bunch of times that she may not have won, but she had a case.
US Greenfiber v. Brooks was in federal court. You do realize that federal courts handle both civil and criminal matters, don't you? Well, at least you do now. Also, the procedure (rules of evidence, burden of proof, scope of discovery, etc.) is completely different between civil and criminal cases. You cannot draw conclusions about illegality from a civil case.

In earlier versions of this thread, I showed that Hillary broke the law by examining the actual statutes. Comey was absolutely wrong as a matter of law to claim that Hillary shouldn't be prosecuted. He misinterpreted the statute - willfully so in my opinion. But then again his whole investigation was a whitewash. Information has just come out that the FBI never actually got a search warrant to search Hillary's records or that of her close associates. That's just ridiculous. I guarantee that Mueller is not leaving these stones unturned in his Russia probe.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2017, 09:59 AM   #2959
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,115
Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Look to be honest, I feel I've tried explaining everything that I can. You've done absolutely nothing but mock, insult, and degrade while providing nothing more than substance free ********. I should have been done with this last time, but sunmaster pulled me back in.

I'm good on this. Go back to your headboard raising like you've accomplished something here, while I laugh that it must just chap you beyond belief that nothing will happen. That's the great part about this, you require me to jump through all these *********** hoops to satisfy your nonsensical ******** while the actual FBI has already said nothing illegal happened on Hillary's part.
Oh dear, I think we have learned all we are going to learn about the theory that Hillary could have prevented the FBI from exercising a search warrant in aid of its intelligence investigation that includes top secret information from the CIA and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that ended up on her server, and Platee river's and datto's and a bunch of other places.
__________________
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.