IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , partskeptic

Closed Thread
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:04 AM   #2041
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by wollery View Post
I don't think it's a lie, I think it's a combination of poor memory and strong cognitive bias.
PartSkeptic has more than once told us that he has an exceptional memory, so he's not going to accept that.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:15 AM   #2042
jrhowell
Muse

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
They deleted the email informing me that my password had changed. And stopped any SMS to me. You make many assumptions.
What you have reported is indistinguishable from you simply misremembering your password.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:18 AM   #2043
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
That second quote isn't from PartSkeptic, it's from EvilBiker.

PartSkeptic doesn't know how to use the quote function.
Well spotted. I'd missed that. Sorry, guys.
However.....

Really. Any check of my long history would refute your bit of fake news.
PartSkeptic, would you rather it we stay with the story that you posted two completely contradictory comments?
I'll go with that, if it makes you happy.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:42 AM   #2044
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

One person (JesseCuster) claims to have 49/50, and I have responded. Give me another person and their result?
Yeah. My two kids 50/50 both under 15 minutes and even pointing out the cocked up question.

And?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:51 AM   #2045
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

They deleted the email informing me that my password had changed. And stopped any SMS to me. You make many assumptions.
An email was sent to you. You saw it in your inbox? And "they" came along and deleted it afterwards?

You are just having a lark now.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:01 PM   #2046
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
You are probably also aware that IQ tests and Employee Cognitive Tests are language and culturally specific to the participant's demographic, due to the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis.

Did everyone notice that Partskeptic's Employee Cognitive Test that he claimed he took as a South African participant, had the following question? (South Africa uses the "Rand" and 100 "cents")

(His false IQ test asks about Nickels, Pennies, Quarters and Dimes and is part of a USA employment test)
That was one of the standouts for me. To me, it suggests that PS simply cribbed the test from some US site and tried to pass it off as valid.

It is as much of an IQ test as I am Muad'Dib.

What it really is, is a cognitive impairment assessment. I watched my father take many such tests as he aimlessly wandered down the rabbit hole of Parkinsons derived dementia. It is not a happy road. Particularly given he was a clever, precise man in the whole of his health and life.

Old 3rd August 2020, 12:04 PM   #2047
jadebox
Master Poster

I hate tests like that. Even though I know what answers they want, I always want to argue. For example,

A boy can run the length of a football field in half a minute, how many times can he cover this distance in 15 minutes?

There is obviously not enough information to be able to provide an answer. After all, I could probably run the length of a football field in one minute, but it would take me two minutes to run the next 100 yards, four minutes for the next 100 yards after that and so on.
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:14 PM   #2048
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
I hate tests like that. Even though I know what answers they want, I always want to argue. For example,

A boy can run the length of a football field in half a minute, how many times can he cover this distance in 15 minutes?

There is obviously not enough information to be able to provide an answer. After all, I could probably run the length of a football field in one minute, but it would take me two minutes to run the next 100 yards, four minutes for the next 100 yards after that and so on.
“All parameters being constant...” I know what you mean. Many a time I’ve gone down a reasoning rabbit hole because of the lack of that implied phrase

It always reminds me of one of the laws of Murphology: “In physics, the real world is a special case”.
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:44 PM   #2049
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I am now crying laughing at the commentary from my kids about the "test".

Old 3rd August 2020, 01:07 PM   #2050
p0lka
Illuminator

JesseCuster 49/50 was the only one I saw at the time of responding to you. Since then there was gmanontari 50/50 in 11 minutes and his daughter 49/50 in 7 minutes. Now Susheel 48/50.

What have I missed?
The point?
Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
At least you're not telling us about how you have a once did an IQ test and scored 160 or whatever. That's a guaranteed credibility killer when someone uses it to prove how super smart they are.
Seriously.
I'm better than average at IQ tests, but crap at everything else.
IQ score measures how good you are at IQ tests.

edit:
I got a certificate from mensa after doing a test stating i was in the top 0.5 percentile, like a real certificate through the post and everything.
They wanted me to pay extra money to go confirm it?

Sodium, seems like a bloody con to me.

How ironic would it be, if all the high IQ'ers are paying money to be part of a group, just so their high IQ can be recognized.
IQ'ers getting scammed in spite of their high IQ, the idea tickles me.

Last edited by p0lka; 3rd August 2020 at 01:26 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:29 PM   #2051
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
The point?

Seriously.

edit:
I got a certificate from mensa after doing a test stating i was in the top 0.5 percentile, like a real certificate through the post and everything.

How ironic would it be, if all the high IQ'ers are paying money to be part of a group, just so their high IQ can be recognized.
Err, Sodium? What?

Old 3rd August 2020, 01:30 PM   #2052
jrhowell
Muse

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
An email was sent to you. You saw it in your inbox? And "they" came along and deleted it afterwards?

You are just having a lark now.
I believe that he is saying that he did not see any email or text about a password change and speculates that means they were sent by the email provider but immediately deleted by bad actors.

He wrote that he does not keep any record of his passwords and relies on his memory.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:51 PM   #2053
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
The point?

Seriously.

edit:

Bah, MENSA. They said I should join, but I realized quickly enough that it’s just a bunch of people who sit around being all hoity-toity about how they are superior to the rest of the populace, and THEY ALWAYS BRING IT UP!

They’re like Vegans with less sex appeal.
Old 3rd August 2020, 01:58 PM   #2054
p0lka
Illuminator

Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
Bah, MENSA. They said I should join, but I realized quickly enough that it’s just a bunch of people who sit around being all hoity-toity about how they are superior to the rest of the populace, and THEY ALWAYS BRING IT UP!

They’re like Vegans with less sex appeal.
They also have to pay to be a member, doh!

edit: that's an IQ test right there.

Last edited by p0lka; 3rd August 2020 at 02:10 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 02:08 PM   #2055
McAnny
New Blood

It took me a while to type out the test.
(snip) I do not think it was as easy I mentioned earlier.
I would not have brought up the test had I looked at it first.
One mark of intelligence is reading something accurately

Can you point out any well-known intelligent person who has not been mistaken about evaluating what was told to them?
What has well-known to do with it? From my experience intelligent people are very careful with their assessments. They check, recheck, and triple check. They don’t brag. I deal with them day in and out. The more they know, the more careful they become. Especially when already under fire.

Does it dent my honesty?
Not at all. I think you honestly thought you‘d prove your point by providing the test and asking THE BIG BOYS to take it. You seemed very pleased with yourself and very sure about it.

Are my other achievements also nothing to be proud of?
An insatiable, desperate need for recognition. However, of course they are. Yours for you, mine for me, no-one else cares though. Tough and sad, but such is life.

I think people should have to post a summary of themselves. Age, profession, and achievements.
Any halfway enriching discussion I ever attended ran under the flag „leave your credentials at the door“. You may have scored big time in the past, and still screwed up royally today. Rise, brush off the dirt, remember your lesson, adjust the crown, move on. It doesn‘t hurt to be wrong (I‘d be in intensive care) but insisting on making the same mistake all over again and again in order to come out right after all does not help your case.

Herxheimer, just saying.
McAnny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 02:11 PM   #2056
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

When I was younger and in college long long ago Mensa was more or less a running joke among my peers, a few of whom had given it a look, and even taken the test, and reported, as EvilBiker notes, that it consisted basically of uninteresting people who wanted to be treated as special because of their supposedly elite intelligence.

I found out at some point that myh 1967 GRE score would get me into Mensa without doing their own test, but I already paid to take that so I'm not going to pay Mensa again 50-odd years later to tell me I had a good day.

A pedant is a man who studies a vacuum through instruments that allow him to draw cross-sections of the details (John Ciardi)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 02:20 PM   #2057
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post
I believe that he is saying that he did not see any email or text about a password change and speculates that means they were sent by the email provider but immediately deleted by bad actors.

He wrote that he does not keep any record of his passwords and relies on his memory.
And that still makes no sense at all.
Because he also claims he could still login which means his PW was cached.

But hell, the claims are so bizarre now that any guess is valid.

Old 3rd August 2020, 02:29 PM   #2058
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Because he also claims he could still login which means his PW was cached.
If it's a web-based mail client, he could have had a valid session key. Since HTTP is a stateless protocol, you log in and the server sends you back a session key that's valid for some length of time thereafter. The key is sent along with each subsequent HTTP request (and possibly some other kinds of requests). This is sometimes what's cached instead of the actual user name and password. Outlook's session keys on Office 365 can be set up to remain valid for 60 days.

But then again I'm not a web developer and I may be spewing utter bollocks.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 02:46 PM   #2059
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
If it's a web-based mail client, he could have had a valid session key. Since HTTP is a stateless protocol, you log in and the server sends you back a session key that's valid for some length of time thereafter. The key is sent along with each subsequent HTTP request (and possibly some other kinds of requests). This is sometimes what's cached instead of the actual user name and password. Outlook's session keys on Office 365 can be set up to remain valid for 60 days.

But then again I'm not a web developer and I may be spewing utter bollocks.
Sure, but that is not what he claimed. Session expiry is certainly a thing. The websites I built and run have a default 30 minute session expiry by design and I can alter that in seconds. I chose that default in the design phase. It wasn't imposed on me by anyone. It was arbitrary.

Could I have cached passwords? Sure. I chose not to do so. That decision was driven by the value of the product. Could the user locally cache their password? Sure, but then it is no longer my problem, is it?

What we have here is PS forgetting that he forgot his password. I could offer various utilities that would retrieve passwords aplenty, but that would be like offering a spectrum analyser to a penguin in Antartica.

Can you detect that I am getting really cynical about this bucket of baloney?

Old 3rd August 2020, 03:27 PM   #2060
MarkCorrigan
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, MENSA. I passed the test for entry and got my letter telling me I was in the top .1% and how I should join this wonderful society of like minded people.

I took the tests out of pure curiosity and had zero interest in joining. The idea of paying money to join what is basically a circle-jerk about how special the participants are held no interest to me. I just wanted to know if I was smart enough to get in, so once I found out I ignored them.
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 03:32 PM   #2061
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Ah, MENSA. I passed the test for entry and got my letter telling me I was in the top .1% and how I should join this wonderful society of like minded people.

I took the tests out of pure curiosity and had zero interest in joining. The idea of paying money to join what is basically a circle-jerk about how special the participants are held no interest to me. I just wanted to know if I was smart enough to get in, so once I found out I ignored them.
LOL, MENSA. Pretend to not be elitist while being plainly elitist.

Old 3rd August 2020, 03:52 PM   #2062
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

They deleted your password, didn't tell you and you still logged in ?

You are tripping over your previous lies again and again
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 04:10 PM   #2063
p0lka
Illuminator

Err, Sodium? What?
sorry, I had IQ tests in my head when typing, so threw in a sodium instead of a Na
Old 3rd August 2020, 04:31 PM   #2064
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Part of IQ is general knowledge. What English speaker is not aware of American coinage?
England and the rest of the Commonwealth as they don't have "quarters". Didn't you know this?

(Can an American tell us how many new pence are in a quid?)

You simply got caught lying again and were slow to realise a South African Employment Cognitive test doesn't ask participants about USA nickels dimes and quarters.

You also didn't know that Employment Cognitive tests are culturally specific. For example, in Australia "liberal" means conservative, whereas in the USA it means left leaning.

Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 04:34 PM   #2065
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon
An email was sent to you. You saw it in your inbox? And "they" came along and deleted it afterwards? You are just having a lark now.
He's not even trying to tell a coherent story anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinoccio.jpg (9.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 3rd August 2020, 04:52 PM   #2066
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

My email account password was changed and I got no notification. I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in. So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to. I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.
1. How did you know your password was changed if you received no email or SMS telling you your password was changed? I assume you were using your computer or phone which was set to keep you logged into your email without requiring you having to type in your password each time, so how did you know the password was changed?

2. If you knew your password was changed, why didn't you immediately change your password and require all other devices that you were logged into with your email to automatically log you out?

This story is confusing me. How exactly did you find out that your email password had been changed?
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 04:56 PM   #2067
gmanontario
Muse

How can you accuse some bad actor of deleting your emails you haven't seen yet?

The mind boggles.
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 05:07 PM   #2068
junkshop
Graduate Poster

I can no longer tell if this thread is amusingly silly or depressingly tragic.
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 05:11 PM   #2069
EHocking
Philosopher

Err, Sodium? What?
Think chemical symbol

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2020, 08:24 PM   #2070
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Guys, PartSkeptic has given us a (very rare) mea culpa for the IQ test thing, can we drop it now please? The Telco paranoia is rather more on topic, but IMO a distraction. He's told us he now has a solution to the problem that was stopping him from doing the testing he agreed to three months ago, I think we should focus on that.
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:09 PM   #2071
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Guys, PartSkeptic has given us a (very rare) mea culpa for the IQ test thing, can we drop it now please? The Telco paranoia is rather more on topic, but IMO a distraction. He's told us he now has a solution to the problem that was stopping him from doing the testing he agreed to three months ago, I think we should focus on that.
I'm not sure that's right. PS blamed someone else who gave him the test.

I recall my own father when the Alzheimers took over. One could still glimpse the man when the bizarre was overcome by the observable facts.

To put a concrete example on it, my old man somehow thought that the IRA was operating a funeral home as a cover right outside his bedroom window. What was outside his bedroom window? A concrete wall. Nothing else.

Strangely, when confronted with this blatant fact, he would, for a period, snap back into lucidity. He would even recall and apologise for the nutty things he had said and done.

What was it that snapped him back to that lucidity, confrontation with harsh reality. And only briefly. A brain reboot if you will.

Why is this relevant? Because PS has told us already that he has Alz. From bitter experience, I know how messed up that gets very fast. Pandering to it merely accelerates the cognitive decline.

Old 3rd August 2020, 10:40 PM   #2072
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Sure, but that is not what he claimed. Session expiry is certainly a thing. The websites I built and run have a default 30 minute session expiry by design and I can alter that in seconds. I chose that default in the design phase. It wasn't imposed on me by anyone. It was arbitrary.

Could I have cached passwords? Sure. I chose not to do so. That decision was driven by the value of the product. Could the user locally cache their password? Sure, but then it is no longer my problem, is it?

What we have here is PS forgetting that he forgot his password. I could offer various utilities that would retrieve passwords aplenty, but that would be like offering a spectrum analyser to a penguin in Antartica.

Can you detect that I am getting really cynical about this bucket of baloney?

Try gmail. Login with the password and then one does not have to use the password for many months.

Did not forget. I used an unforgettable password (for me). I also have a written record of my passwords. Should I die, my wife/family should be able to get access.

Assumptions, Assumptions.
Old 3rd August 2020, 10:49 PM   #2073
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Because it's an obviously wrong protocol. If you know that the wifi is on and emitting at high power, as measured by your equipment, that doesn't rule out a psychosomatic cause for your headaches. The purpose of our protocol was to eliminate such possibilities as causes.

Now perhaps you can explain why, once again, you've gone out of your way to insinuate that your critics are stupid compared to you. This is not something you need to do in order to have a meaningful debate regarding what's causing your headaches. It's something you need only if your real purpose here is to massage your ego.

If there is any insinuation, it would be that some people are not trying to be helpful and also are blinded by cognitive bias where they do not want me to succeed. I admit to some irritation in having to deal with the insults.

And once more you could not help but throw in a parting personal insult as well.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:00 PM   #2074
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Many of your other claims are equally obvious lies. This is the only one you're owning up to. You have no credibility to "dent" at this point. Most of your critics expect that the stories you tell simply are not true as a matter of habit.
Be specific about the obviousness of my lies. This is not a lie. I correctly remembered what I was told about test, and I did not distort the way in which I posted it. Anyhow, what will it matter in a few years when the world is very different to the past.

I don't think it's a lie, I think it's a combination of poor memory and strong cognitive bias.
Thanks for that. My current short-term memory is failing. As are my language skills. My long-term memory on issues that are "memorable" stills seems intact. My mistake was not to first evaluate the test before choosing it as an example.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:17 PM   #2075
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Try gmail. Login with the password and then one does not have to use the password for many months.

Uh, wrong. Probably half the forum members have a gmail account, myself included, and a password is necessary to log in every time. You probably had your browser or email package auto-fill your password, and then one day cleared your caches. The password never changed, it just didn’t auto fill, and you assumed conspiracies.

Quote:
Did not forget. I used an unforgettable password (for me). I also have a written record of my passwords. Should I die, my wife/family should be able to get access.

You don’t use a password manager? Tsk, tsk...

Quote:

Our assumptions are fast becoming more grounded in fact regarding some of your statements.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:20 PM   #2076
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
(snip)

I don't think anyone is clear what you are trying to test any more. The original hypothesis was that you got a headache when the wifi was on, so Pixel42 among others developed a protocol to help you test that hypothesis. Part of the protocol is that you should not know whether the wifi was actually on or not until after the test is over, because many things can cause headaches (including but not limited to the expectation of a headache).

Now you are testing for a power level first and then monitoring yourself for symptoms. What is the hypothesis that you are testing?

The hypothesis is that a cell phone/modem/tower signal that is above a certain level (above about 600 uW/sqm pulsing) will give me a headache within 15 minutes.

To test this, I must first ensure that the modem is constantly communicating with a tower at above 600. This requires a few steps. I video the meter showing this before and during the test. My wife flips a coin. Heads she leave the modem on. Tails she switches if off. She then puts it in a cardboard box on the table. She writes the state on a paper and leaves the room. I sit in front of the box. If I get a headache, I write that the modem is on. If no headache, I write that the modem is off. After 15 minutes, she comes in an changes the state to off if it was on, and leaves it off if it was off. I wait another 10 minutes to confirm that my headache disappears. The headache in this case is pain in my frontal sinus because I am facing the modem.

I will try to minimize my interactions with my wife, and she will go through the same actions each time, except for pressing or not pressing a button.

My hypothesis is that mobile emfs amplify any illness the body is going through. For example I found it retards healing of wounds. It could be that many people with sinus pain could having both a sinus infection AND having pain die to ambient emfs if the emfs are high enough.

Only recently have emfs become so prevalent at the high levels and so pervasive. I have extrapolated the hypothesis to Covid, saying that emfs may make the spread easier (although it is already highly infectious) and may play a part amplifying underlying causes so that death is more common.

We do about 10 tests and compare results after each test. This protocol will be much more stringent in a formal test.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:25 PM   #2077
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post

Great. Thanks. I would probably never have gotten this far without this thread. So many other things to do. Your input has been useful.

Yesterday I got the sinus pain during the run even though I had one pain tablet a few hours before.

I intend to do 4 tests tomorrow and will try not to take a morning pain tablet. My flu seems to have subsided and with that so have the body aches, and fatigue.

I have to gain back some credibility.
Old 3rd August 2020, 11:29 PM   #2078
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

"Try gmail"? Really? Are you taking the mick? You seriously do not have a clue how that works? And you claim to be some sort of genius?

Did not forget. I used an unforgettable password (for me).
I can give you my first email password. "snv*ze8d". No problem for me to recall it and given it is long defunct, no problem to share it either. It's also unrelated to any current passwords, so who cares?

I also have a written record of my passwords.
Holy crap, you write down your passwords on paper? Do you not realise that is a massive security no-no?

Should I die, my wife/family should be able to get access.
"Should you die"? Do you somehow think that is in doubt? You are going to die. We all are. This very month my eldest will reach his majority. At which point he will be appointed executor of my last will and testament. To me, that is merely forethought. To you it is apparently inscrutable.

Yep. Why is it that you do that?

Old 3rd August 2020, 11:37 PM   #2079
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I will try to minimize my interactions with my wife, and she will go through the same actions each time, except for pressing or not pressing a button.
Insufficient. You must leave the room (making sure you don't pass your wife on the way) whilst she sets or changes the state of the modem.

That's the only major problem I see with your protocol at first glance, though it's obviously not ideal that you're in the same room as, let alone right in front of, the modem. A cardboard box may not completely hide its state (light, hum).
Old 4th August 2020, 01:27 AM   #2080
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic two days ago
They deleted the email informing me that my password had changed
So you didn't know your "new" password

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic today
So you entered the new password that you didn't have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinochio 3.jpg (29.3 KB, 99 views)
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories