IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , partskeptic

Closed Thread
Old 20th August 2020, 11:17 AM   #2281
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Y I am old-fashioned and draw the line at some one swearing at me.
Nobody swore at you.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2020, 11:34 AM   #2282
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Nobody swore at you.
I guess it depends on how you interpret Jim_MDP's post and the little asterisks at the bottom that indicate, among other things, that the forum software has filtered out profanity. Rule 10 looks somewhat askance at typing asterisks there to indicate swearing, but that's up to the moderators.

Regardless, I think it was just a flimsy flounce excuse. There has been enough rancor in this thread otherwise to offend the sensibilities of other old-fashioned people.

Last edited by JayUtah; 20th August 2020 at 12:24 PM.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2020, 12:42 PM   #2283
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
And also the claim that his methodology must be correct because he was so very intelligent, or some such nonsense. Didn't he also claim to have done very well academically?
I believe he said at some point (perhaps in a different thread) that he is a degreed physicist, though I don't remember anything about how well he did academically. TBH, I was willing to take him at his word on that, even when it was obvious that nothing he'd learned as a scientist was being used in his "telepathy" threads. I guess scientists are as prone to un-science as anyone else if the conditions are right- and in his case, there were special conditions that he admitted to. There are not, as far as I can tell, any similar special conditions in play here, unless you consider extreme narcissism applicable.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2020, 12:45 PM   #2284
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I guess it depends on how you interpret Jim_MDP's post and the little asterisks at the bottom that indicate, among other things, that the forum software has filtered out profanity. Rule 10 looks somewhat askance at typing asterisks there to indicate swearing, but that's up to the moderators.

Regardless, I think it was just a flimsy flounce excuse. There has been enough rancor in this thread otherwise to offend the sensibilities of other old-fashioned people.
I don't buy it. Offended by a row of asterisks? How lame is that?

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is likely a duck.

This particular duck argument turns out to be a lame duck argument. All we have is a bunch of absurd claims and a vacuum where the evidence ought to be.

PS could remediate that situation by providing some evidence, any evidence, anything.

Alas, he has now told us in #2276 the he doesn't care and has no intention of presenting evidence. Thus I refer to Hitchen's Razor.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2020, 06:41 PM   #2285
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

You are astute enough to have figured out the trigger to why I no longer post.
1) You got caught lying
2) You forged anti-Semitic propaganda and claimed only black people were gardeners in South Africa,
3) You faked your academic credentials,
4) You were never able to understand the experimental protocols asked of you.

...I can't blame you for running away...
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2020, 06:50 PM   #2286
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Kind of reminds me of Michel H and his interminable URL="http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?.
That forum member had been in long term psychiatric care and prior to that had obtained a PHD in Physics. However Michel H made a claim that every human on the planet (and dogs) was reading his mind, which everyone knew was crap, as none of us could read his mind. That suggested a real psychiatric issue, whereas Partskeptic was simply lying to pretend he was a special prophet and genius.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th August 2020, 07:06 PM   #2287
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
1) You got caught lying
I lost count of those.

2) You forged anti-Semitic propaganda and claimed only black people were gardeners in South Africa,
Yeah, that was an odd diversion into...something odd that had nothing to do with his actual claims. Or the topic. I have no idea why PS went there, but that whole diversion got a bit creepy.

3) You faked your academic credentials,
Funny that. I posted mine on here years ago. So did many others. Partskeptic? Nope. Why is that?

4) You were never able to understand the experimental protocols asked of you.
Why did he not understand those? I can think of reasons. Can you?

...I can't blame you for running away...
Nope, the abject retreat is unsurprising. Pretty sure that if it were you or I we would have the grace to admit we were wrong.

Old 20th August 2020, 09:01 PM   #2288
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The single yellow card I've received in the 16 years I have been posting here was for telling a troll to STFU. Yes, PartSkeptic was sworn at.

Quote:
Agreed.
Old 21st August 2020, 09:24 AM   #2289
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Sure, there's the issue of Michel H's mental health treatments, but where I was going instead was the parallel argument that he made, claiming that because he had a PhD in physics, what he was doing had to be considered scientific. Basically both he and PartSkeptic want to deflect criticism of their methodology by appeals to their own authority. It comes across as, "How dare you question my methods; I'm a highly qualified scientist." Or, "How dare you criticize my methods, I'm naturally brilliant." Neither requires the proponent to address the substance of the criticism. The deflection instead questions the propriety of offering criticism at all.

Of course this is the opposite of how science actually works. The eminence of a scientist is judged by how well the methodology has been spelled out, thought through, and turned over for comment by others. Eminence doesn't grant the privilege of sidestepping the most important steps in assuring reliable results.

As near as I can tell, the method PartSkeptic wants to follow is that he reports his anecdotal data here, and we accept it as evidence despite our better judgment. Or conversely, we properly reject his anecdotal data and he throws a tantrum over how unreasonable and biased we all are.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th September 2020, 05:39 PM   #2290
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
I know this is extremely late, but I just read it a minute ago. Well, a minute ten ago...now a minute 17...oh, you get my drift. Anyway, I just thought I would point out that each half of a normal orange COULD contain 10 segments, if it was halved across its "equator" rather than its "poles" (obviously I am NOT a botanist).
Just ask Banach or Tarski to cut up the orange for you, that way both kids end up with a full 10-segment orange each.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th October 2020, 11:33 PM   #2291
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Interesting times. I have a few minutes to kill (waste?).

The Covid virus seems to have been engineered for maximum spread and maximum fear. Very contagious and just lethal enough to cause governments to worry and shut down economies. Engineered by God?

My prediction was that the coming pandemic (now here) would be able to affect the elite. The Spanish Flu did not.

Here in SA, I have been questioning people as to spread. NO people in the cramped townships and lower class are getting Covid. Everyone I know who has had it (and some died) have been upper to upper-middle class. The difference is cell phone microwave exposure (duration and intensity).

In the last month, I have had four important meetings that I felt I could not postpone but wanted postponed. Twelve hours before each meeting the other party called to cancel or postpone. My wishes are granted.

I had to travel to Pretoria to inspect legal documents in a costs taxation case. Normally the lawyer sits with the file and answers questions. This time I got there and the lawyers car had broken down so he was not there. The receptionist just gave me the whole file to look at, so I got to see the internal memorandums that proved my opposition to the amount of time invoiced. Lucky? Right?

My wife wanted to sell her factory. Two men were interested. I did the Tarot cards and they said that if she dealt with them, there would be problems with business and legal conflicts. Sure enough, they tried to scam her, but I wrote up the contracts and when they could not perform the contract was void. That did not stop them getting a lawyer to demand the sale go through. She had sleepless nights.

Luckily, she got so aggravated she raised the price. And when she did so, another buyer came to the factory and within two days she had a signed clean contract for the higher amount. Lucky? Or blessed by being a moral Christian?

Yes. There are benefits to having a God around to do some small favors.

It will be even more beneficial when the population begins to be seriously reduced. Are the scientists predicting that event?

PS. The atheists wager relies on two false assumptions. One is that a good atheist goes to Heaven. The other is that the afterlife is binary Heaven or Hell. The wager fails because a good theist will go to a better place than a good atheist. The good atheist does harm by spreading his false beliefs or acting to not oppose others who do. Both indirectly cause harm.

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 16th October 2020 at 11:35 PM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th October 2020, 11:54 PM   #2292
gypsyjackson
Master Poster

Leviticus 19:26
You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 04:14 AM   #2293
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

PS. The atheists wager
No such thing as an atheist wager.
Nor is there actually such a thing as theist wager.

People don't form their religious believes, or lack there off, on what is the safest bet.

relies on two false assumptions. One is that a good atheist goes to Heaven.
Atheists do not assume that there is a heaven.

The other is that the afterlife is binary Heaven or Hell.
Atheists do not assume that there is a hell.

In short, atheists do not assume that there is an afterlife.

Frankly, I can only conclude that you do not understand the meaning of the word atheist.
Old 17th October 2020, 06:06 AM   #2294
Hans
Philosopher

My prediction was that the coming pandemic (now here) would be able to affect the elite. The Spanish Flu did not.
A lot of important people in politics, science and celebrities died - so what other elite are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_flu_cases

Louis Botha, first Prime Minister of the Union of South Africa (August 27, 1919) - don't know your own history do ya?

Reggie Schwarz, South African cricketer and rugby player (November 18, 1918)

Francisco de Paula Rodrigues Alves, Brazilian re-elected president, died before taking office (January 16, 1919)

Prince Umberto, Count of Salemi, member of the Italian royal family, (October 19, 1918)

Frederick Trump, grandfather of 45th President of the United States Donald Trump (May 30, 1918)

Robert W. Speer, mayor of Denver (May 14, 1918)

Well that was a goofy claim and easily disproved,
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 06:10 AM   #2295
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
Leviticus 19:26
You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.
A Misologist doesn't concern him self with words from the bible that don't match what they want to hear.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 07:01 AM   #2296
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

It will be even more beneficial when the population begins to be seriously reduced. Are the scientists predicting that event?
The world's population grows by 83 million a year, this pandemic has killed just over a million so far. With treatments already cutting death rates and vaccine developments looking promising, why would scientists predict any reduction in population?
Old 17th October 2020, 08:21 AM   #2297
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

The difference is cell phone microwave exposure (duration and intensity).
And here's the fringe reset.

Quote:
No, you and your kin are not favored by the gods.

Quote:
Are the scientists predicting that event?
No.

Quote:
PS. The atheists wager relies on two false assumptions. One is that a good atheist goes to Heaven. The other is that the afterlife is binary Heaven or Hell.
No. None of that is anything that atheists think.

Quote:
Both indirectly cause harm.
You just can't help yourself, can you?
Old 17th October 2020, 05:00 PM   #2298
Marcus
Illuminator

The Covid virus seems to have been engineered for maximum spread and maximum fear. Very contagious and just lethal enough to cause governments to worry and shut down economies. Engineered by God?

Here in SA, I have been questioning people as to spread. NO people in the cramped townships and lower class are getting Covid. Everyone I know who has had it (and some died) have been upper to upper-middle class. The difference is cell phone microwave exposure (duration and intensity).

In the last month, I have had four important meetings that I felt I could not postpone but wanted postponed. Twelve hours before each meeting the other party called to cancel or postpone. My wishes are granted.

I had to travel to Pretoria to inspect legal documents in a costs taxation case. Normally the lawyer sits with the file and answers questions. This time I got there and the lawyers car had broken down so he was not there. The receptionist just gave me the whole file to look at, so I got to see the internal memorandums that proved my opposition to the amount of time invoiced. Lucky? Right?

My wife wanted to sell her factory. Two men were interested. I did the Tarot cards and they said that if she dealt with them, there would be problems with business and legal conflicts. Sure enough, they tried to scam her, but I wrote up the contracts and when they could not perform the contract was void. That did not stop them getting a lawyer to demand the sale go through. She had sleepless nights.

Luckily, she got so aggravated she raised the price. And when she did so, another buyer came to the factory and within two days she had a signed clean contract for the higher amount. Lucky? Or blessed by being a moral Christian?

PS. The atheists wager relies on two false assumptions. One is that a good atheist goes to Heaven. The other is that the afterlife is binary Heaven or Hell. The wager fails because a good theist will go to a better place than a good atheist. The good atheist does harm by spreading his false beliefs or acting to not oppose others who do. Both indirectly cause harm.

Pardon the intrusion. You really think that atheists believe in Heaven? How could that be? You have been around her a while, surely you must have read some posts?
Marcus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 06:16 PM   #2299
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

The Covid virus seems to have been engineered.......
It evolved. You don't believe in evolution remember?

My prediction was that the coming pandemic (now here) would be able to affect the elite.
Nope. It hardly affected Australians or New Zealanders at all. (We are the new elite, right?)

NO people in the cramped townships and lower class are getting Covid.
You are 100% bonkers and hate black people, remember?

"Data from the Western Cape (Sth Africa) demonstrates that black townships have endured a higher rate of infections than more affluent areas in the province," the research officer with the Socio-Economic Rights Institute said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...storm/12402744

You are quite mad, remember? The world population has increased 64,000,000 since Covid started.
Old 17th October 2020, 06:21 PM   #2300
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Luckily, she got so aggravated she raised the price.
Don't lie so obviously. If your wife offered and then issued a contract and the other party accepted, your wife can't raise the price. That's basic commercial law.
Old 18th October 2020, 09:23 AM   #2301
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Does that mean you will simply ignore the responses here?

Demonstrably untrue.

You have been shown that is untrue.

You have been shown that is untrue.

Happened to me too in the past week. I had a Friday meeting postponed to Monday. That suited me better, so I was quite happy with that.

I am an atheist.

Can you explain why your god did that? Or was it a convenient coincidence?

Nope. Illegal.

So you welched on a contract. Seems you have a "flexible" approach to matters legal.

I don't consider breaking the law to be "moral".

That is pure confirmation bias. Where was this god when you were getting so beat up by all the radiation around you. He didn't care much about you then, did he.

Of course not. The world population continues to grow despite COVID.

PS. The atheists wager relies on two false assumptions. One is that a good atheist goes to Heaven.
Don't believe in any heaven, so nope.

The other is that the afterlife is binary Heaven or Hell.
Don't believe in an afterlife either, nor a hell, so nope again.

The wager fails because a good theist will go to a better place than a good atheist. The good atheist does harm by spreading his false beliefs or acting to not oppose others who do. Both indirectly cause harm.
The wager fails because no atheist made it. And most atheists are Hippocratic in nature in that they try to do no harm because this is the only life we know we have.

In short, everything you just wrote is wrong.

Old 18th October 2020, 10:02 PM   #2302
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Nope.
This claim is just weird. I think PartSkeptic is saying he wanted to review his time sheet charge from his lawyer. However a client service engagement agreement requires the lawyer to send itemised time sheets with the lawyer's invoice anyway. What lawyer has a "time sheet file"? You enter the time and task done on software, as this generates the client's invoice. You also write off time on software.

I don't think Partskeptic has any tax lawyer at all. I think he has mixed up words he has seen on television to try impress someone..
Old 19th October 2020, 03:46 AM   #2303
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
This claim is just weird. I think PartSkeptic is saying he wanted to review his time sheet charge from his lawyer. However a client service engagement agreement requires the lawyer to send itemised time sheets with the lawyer's invoice anyway. What lawyer has a "time sheet file"? You enter the time and task done on software, as this generates the client's invoice. You also write off time on software.

I don't think Partskeptic has any tax lawyer at all. I think he has mixed up words he has seen on television to try impress someone..
There are two possibilities here.
Either PS's god helped him to see documents he was legally allowed to see anyway, in which case his god is useless, or his god is helping him to break the law and pervert the course of justice, in which case they are both criminals .
Neither leaves PS or his imaginary friend looking too good.

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 05:03 AM   #2304
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Proof that EM radiation affects you or not or GTFO.

The rest of your post is your usual vile disgorgement of lies and inane BS.

No cases in the townships? Riiiight.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:46 AM   #2305
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

Typically poor neighbourhoods have higher infection rates.
This is for a number of reasons, one of them being greater population density.
Old 19th October 2020, 08:17 AM   #2306
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
There are two possibilities here.
Either PS's god helped him to see documents he was legally allowed to see anyway, in which case his god is useless, or his god is helping him to break the law and pervert the course of justice, in which case they are both criminals .
Neither leaves PS or his imaginary friend looking too good.
He may be referring to Ethrope the Mesopotamian God of paperwork and unsightly stains.
Old 19th October 2020, 11:10 AM   #2307
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
Proof that EM radiation affects you or not or GTFO.
Indeed. He has more anecdotes (his purported interviews) and nothing more, just as before. He's simply declaring that the cause of a trend he says he sees must be electromagnetic field energy from communication sources. As we've seen, he has no interest in a rigorous test of any of the effects he claims for such energy. So it's just an unremarkable bring reset. Unless he has new evidence, and can demonstrate a change of attitude, I see no reason to revisit his hypothesis.

Quote:
The rest of your post is your usual vile disgorgement of lies and inane BS.
Agreed. I have no interest in Part Skeptic's self-aggrandizing prattle and his thinly-veiled animus against atheists and skeptics.

Quote:
No cases in the townships? Riiiight.
Since we have nothing but his word, and that alleges only a convenience sample of his circle, there is no reason to address the claim beyond what we already have.

There is a report of a lowering death toll in the poorer areas. This puzzles researchers. The leading hypotheses are that the infection rates were so high over the summer that the poorer sections are reaching herd immunity, and that fewer poor people are dying of the disease because they generally don't live to an age in that environment where COVID-19 becomes fatal.
Old 19th October 2020, 04:12 PM   #2308
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

There is a report of a lowering death toll in the poorer areas. This puzzles researchers. The leading hypotheses are that the infection rates were so high over the summer that the poorer sections are reaching herd immunity, and that fewer poor people are dying of the disease because they generally don't live to an age in that environment where COVID-19 becomes fatal.
Those are, I expect, just a couple of the disturbing possible causes of an uneven distribution of C19 devastation.
And each of them more plausible than 5G or divine intervention.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 19th October 2020 at 04:13 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 04:31 PM   #2309
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
He may be referring to Ethrope the Mesopotamian God of paperwork and unsightly stains.
Don't be silly. It was the Chinese God "KUI XING" (Starry-eyed God of Official Documents and Paperwork)
https://www.godchecker.com/chinese-mythology/KUI-XING/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KUI-XING.jpg (21.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 19th October 2020, 07:07 PM   #2310
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

A reminder that Partskeptic, four years ago, was saying he wanted Trump to become President becuase Trump would be more even handed in the Israeli/Arab dispute then past Presidents. That shows you how seriously you should take his judgement on anything.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th October 2020, 08:32 AM   #2311
Hans
Philosopher

Don't be silly. It was the Chinese God "KUI XING" (Starry-eyed God of Official Documents and Paperwork)
https://www.godchecker.com/chinese-mythology/KUI-XING/
HERETIC!!!!
Old 20th October 2020, 04:07 PM   #2312
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
HERETIC!!!!
I.......I'm.....I'm very modest and I tried to distract from what everyone here already knows.

"St Matthew is the patron saint of tax collectors and accountants."
https://www.biography.com/religious-...September%2021.

I was blessing Partskeptic, just so he would post more silly things. I can do the same for all forum members here. Send me ten unmarked and used $50 notes and I will personally bless everyone's next tax returns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg St Matthew.jpg (42.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 1st November 2020, 01:54 AM   #2313
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Too busy to read the replies at the moment.

I did not want to do the Tarot for the US election but decided to do so quickly.

Q: Will Trump lose the election next week.

A: Knight of Cups up, Ace of Swords up, and Ace of Pentacles up.

Interpretation:

The first card is an intelligent hopeful (Trump). But he will lose despite any legalities and money. This is what the cards say and not a "cold reading".

My own personal opinion. The US will get the President they deserve (Trump or Biden). If Biden wins he will be a puppet. I see the little flubs and mental errors Biden makes when I see original videos that the media does not show. Kamala may be president, as we all feel might happen. That would be interesting.

The second wave in the EU is not the second wave I predicted. Just part of the first round. The second wave will probably be a deadly mutation. So, how is God doing at breaking down the status quo in preparation for a new spiritual age?

PS. I warned my wife (Tarot and personal opinion) not to deal with the two guys that are now taking further legal steps. They have not a hope, but the SA system is so corrupt it worries me.

But God seems to be protecting her. She now might have a buyer for the equipment despite these trouble times. They will probably do okay.

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 1st November 2020 at 01:55 AM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st November 2020, 02:08 AM   #2314
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

"Intelligent hopeful" sounds more like Biden than Trump. So as usual you can interpret the cards in any way you want, and if you get it wrong rationalise away your mistake later.

Any bets for how long it is before PS returns to lay another turd in this thread, without bothering to read the handful of posts demolishing the previous one?
Old 1st November 2020, 06:26 AM   #2315
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
"Intelligent hopeful" sounds more like Biden than Trump. So as usual you can interpret the cards in any way you want, and if you get it wrong rationalise away your mistake later.

Any bets for how long it is before PS returns to lay another turd in this thread, without bothering to read the handful of posts demolishing the previous one?
Yes one wonders also one wonders why a 'personal blog' of his musing is allowed
Old 1st November 2020, 09:10 AM   #2316
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Then you have no expectation of being taken seriously. This is a discussion forum, not your personal blog of self-promotional crap.
Old 1st November 2020, 09:21 AM   #2317
Hans
Philosopher

Then you have no expectation of being taken seriously. This is a discussion forum, not your personal blog of self-promotional crap.
The proper response to our mutual friend in 'South African' jargon or Afrikanerisms would be, Ek is gatvol vir jou kak

Last edited by Hans; 1st November 2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 1st November 2020, 09:37 AM   #2318
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

My own personal opinion. The US will get the President they deserve (Trump or Biden). If Biden wins he will be a puppet. I see the little flubs and mental errors Biden makes when I see original videos that the media does not show. Kamala may be president, as we all feel might happen. That would be interesting.
Your prediction is that Trump or Biden will win?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Old 1st November 2020, 09:43 AM   #2319
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Good plan, given your obvious intentions concerning a test protocol.

Quote:
I did not want to do the Tarot for the US election but decided to do so quickly.
Ever full of .... contradictions.

Quote:
Q: Will Trump lose the election next week.

A: Knight of Cups up, Ace of Swords up, and Ace of Pentacles up.

Interpretation:

The first card is an intelligent hopeful (Trump). But he will lose despite any legalities and money. This is what the cards say and not a "cold reading".
Its a meta mystery that your cards frequently align with prevailing wisdom. How is that possible? It's confounding.

Quote:
My own personal opinion. The US will get the President they deserve (Trump or Biden).
The emptiest of platitudes. The vacuum of outer space has more going on.
Old 1st November 2020, 06:41 PM   #2320
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Its a meta mystery that your cards frequently align with prevailing wisdom. How is that possible? It's confounding.
And amusing. His "predictions" for the next pandemic closely followed the script established by the HIV/AIDS crisis. Of course the COVID-19 pandemic is nothing like it. "The cards" simply extrapolated from past experience without even taking into account conventional wisdom regarding respiratory viruses or what epidemiologists expected the next pandemic to look like. Lazy.

If you're really a prophet, you can predict things that no one else foresaw. That would be truly remarkable. If you're clever, you can pass yourself off as a prophet by "predicting" things that experts foresee, but which the general public doesn't necessarily notice. It takes some homework, and there's still the risk of failure. But it can be done. It takes a special ineptitude as a fake prophet to simply rely on one's own naive understanding of the world and then try to gaslight everyone else into thinking you have some magical gift anyway.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories