ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer

Old 23rd October 2017, 10:10 AM   #81
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Thanks. I shall study it. However what these link in brief suggest about immunesystem link with physiological regulation--either directly with different systems of body or vai endocrine and neurological systems?
Now Kumar, I quoted you!

You are the one who referenced those footnotes in in your post!

I asked you to give which ones are actually meaningful to your post!
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:12 AM   #82
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

That I shall do. But when those are quoted, I felt casually, probably that poster may be understanding these and so can help. Just casual.
Kumar
This is your post is it not?

You should be the one reading them before asking

Originally Posted by Kumar
Quote:
Physiological regulation[edit]
The immune system is involved in many aspects of physiological regulation in the body. The immune system interacts intimately with other systems, such as the endocrine [101][102] and the nervous [103][104][105] systems. The immune system also plays a crucial role in embryogenesis (development of the embryo), as well as in tissue repair and regeneration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system
I feel, members here are not able to discuss scope of above. Can anyone better explain it?
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:13 AM   #83
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Now the other thought:

"The immune system also plays a crucial role in embryogenesis (development of the embryo), as well as in tissue repair and regeneration."

Can above in bold letters suggest that probably, Immune system can also revert cancer cells to normal cells by such tissue repair and regeneration property?
No
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:16 AM   #84
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

I doubt, it was recoverable by routine treatments.
This is not evidence!
Your opinion is not evidence
Old 23rd October 2017, 07:47 PM   #85
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
This is not evidence!
Your opinion is not evidence
We are not proving or treating or giving proven advice of treatment. We are just discussing dynamically to get some clues by logical & partly available but not yet well coordinated understandings. So proven scientific evidences for is not be a need for it. Simply try to coordinate scattered understandings to get clues.
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:04 PM   #86
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

We....
No "we" in that post..
You are not writing about the topic of this thread at all. You are writing posts with ignorance of what you cite, biology, homeopathy, and the thread topic (Possible Scientific Foundations of Homeopathy, Part 2)

A remarkable recovery, but was it mind over matter or modern science? published in 2007 by the South China Morning Post has the answer of modern science. A quack GP's opinion is not evidence. A rather imaginative speculation from an "oncologist" (elsewhere Peter Ko is a assistant clinical professor of surgery) is not evidence.

Last edited by Reality Check; 23rd October 2017 at 08:17 PM.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 02:08 AM   #87
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Now Kumar, I quoted you!

I already replied:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post12043053
Old 24th October 2017, 06:55 AM   #88
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

We are not proving or treating or giving proven advice of treatment. We are just discussing dynamically to get some clues by logical & partly available but not yet well coordinated understandings. So proven scientific evidences for is not be a need for it. Simply try to coordinate scattered understandings to get clues.
You seem, after an indeterminate number of wild and fanciful postings on a number of different threads, totally incapable of seeing the emptiness of such comments which fly in the face of all known evidence. "Discussing dynamically" is totally null if the discussion goes nowhere. "Logical & partly available" is null on the face of it. "Well-coordinated understandings" seems a frame of mind you simply refuse to enter. "Coordinate scattered understandings" is the very first step in rational inquiry yet despite waving the flag for it, you obdurately refuse to do it. Hint: at the start of rational inquiry, "scattered understandings" don't "get clues," they ARE the clues. And rid yourself of the A&F fantasy.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 08:43 AM   #89
halleyscomet
Philosopher

What do you expect?

You refuse to engage in this discussion honestly. You waffle and meander, rejecting any evidence people offer largely because it doesn't agree with what you WANT to believe.

What are you REALLY trying to achieve here? From what I can see you just want attention.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 09:34 AM   #90
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry Kumar, your impression that something that occurred because of something or other is irrelevant. Your opinion and mine are just that, opinions.

So you statement that a spontaneous remission occurred that had nothing to do with medical treatment is just an opinion. It is a personal belief and irrelevant.
Old 24th October 2017, 09:35 AM   #91
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

And this Kumar is why perhaps people have suggested you do your own homework.
You should have already read those articles and then asked questions about the material in the articles.
Old 24th October 2017, 02:54 PM   #92
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Now Kumar, I quoted you!

And then SHAZAM!!!!!- you realized you would never see any acknowledgement or "proofs" of any thing posted by the poster!!!!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 02:59 PM   #93
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Kumar
This is your post is it not?

You should be the one reading them before asking
reading is not, clearly, an option since they are written in normal discernable English at a high school level and the evidence is clear that you cannot (or will not by your own choice) effectively communicate in or follow to a meaningful conclusion high school level English in these threads

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2017, 03:04 PM   #94
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

That is one of the wrongest things (the paragraph above) you have ever posted here. Nothing you are doing or writing here is leading to any scientific knowledge in any way. Absent evidence that you have a doctorate in physiology or a strongly related field, you do not have anything remotely near the knowledge base to discuss it with a reasonably smart 4th grader.

Wash this space!

Old 24th October 2017, 03:23 PM   #95
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Bit opposite.
No - not remotely correct. All your claim are false and misleading!

Wash this space!

Old 24th October 2017, 08:24 PM   #96
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
You seem, after an indeterminate number of wild and fanciful postings on a number of different threads, totally incapable of seeing the emptiness of such comments which fly in the face of all known evidence. "Discussing dynamically" is totally null if the discussion goes nowhere. "Logical & partly available" is null on the face of it. "Well-coordinated understandings" seems a frame of mind you simply refuse to enter. "Coordinate scattered understandings" is the very first step in rational inquiry yet despite waving the flag for it, you obdurately refuse to do it. Hint: at the start of rational inquiry, "scattered understandings" don't "get clues," they ARE the clues. And rid yourself of the A&F fantasy.
Things can only happen in this manner for trying to understand, not yet understood understandings.
Old 24th October 2017, 08:29 PM   #97
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry Kumar, your impression that something that occurred because of something or other is irrelevant. Your opinion and mine are just that, opinions.

So you statement that a spontaneous remission occurred that had nothing to do with medical treatment is just an opinion. It is a personal belief and irrelevant.
SR in this case is anticipated on many sites. If it would had been in accordance to routine medical treatments, it should had matched with the pre-predictions and results. However that seems to not matching so SR. Even this case is not SR, still since SR happens, you can consider those. Just consider SR.
Old 24th October 2017, 08:33 PM   #98
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

And this Kumar is why perhaps people have suggested you do your own homework.
You should have already read those articles and then asked questions about the material in the articles.
Quote:

Yes now I read links given by you. Thanks. These suggest that there is a link between Immune system and nNeuro-endocrine systems as mentioned in main article. I think it is both side regulation i.e Immune system can modulate these systems and also these systems can modulate Immune system. Since these are very important and basic systems, so may also modulate other body systems via these systems. Am I ok?
Where I am asking questions in my above that reply?
Old 25th October 2017, 04:58 AM   #99
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

Things can only happen in this manner for trying to understand, not yet understood understandings.
Yes, people generally try to understand things. You apparently do not.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 05:02 AM   #100
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

SR in this case is anticipated on many sites. If it would had been in accordance to routine medical treatments, it should had matched with the pre-predictions and results. However that seems to not matching so SR. Even this case is not SR, still since SR happens, you can consider those. Just consider SR.
Again you have the cart before the horse. SR cannot by definition be "in accordance to routine medical treatments." Nor are there reliable predictions of it. Being random and unpredictable, SR can only match "the results" one-on-one in each individual case; generalities and predictions would be fatally flawed.
Old 25th October 2017, 05:52 AM   #101
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Again you have the cart before the horse. SR cannot by definition be "in accordance to routine medical treatments." Nor are there reliable predictions of it. Being random and unpredictable, SR can only match "the results" one-on-one in each individual case; generalities and predictions would be fatally flawed.
Time has changed. Now Wockswagon.
Yes but there can be some common observations to stamp these cases as SR. Say Spontaneous or quick and complete remission. Probably also, with lesser residue serious side effects. Do all these three outcome match commonly with all SR cases?
Old 25th October 2017, 07:19 AM   #102
fagin
Illuminator

WTF is a Wockswagon and a smiley face?
Old 25th October 2017, 07:46 AM   #103
malbui
Beauf

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Textual analysis of thousands of posts suggests to me that Kumar adds the blue smiley face when he believes heís said something clever and witty.

Sadly I donít know enough Kumarese to be able to hazard any guess as to what he actually means.
Old 25th October 2017, 07:46 AM   #104
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I'm guessing "Volkswagen". But that's the thing about Kumar's posts. Each one contains many "WTFs". Along with a liberal peppering of bizarre acronyms.
Old 25th October 2017, 07:54 AM   #105
fagin
Illuminator

I though VW as well, but couldn't for the life of me tie it in to spontaneous remission.

Now I see the cart before horse bit. So I suppose that's it.

I guess it's how you tell 'em. And Kumar is an expert at telling it like it isn't.
Old 25th October 2017, 07:55 AM   #106
malbui
Beauf

I am reminded of a happy summer I spent years ago helping to catalogue and index loads of old documents in the regional archives. As time passed I got quite adept at recognising types of documents and even the work of individual clerks, but I didn’t have the level of understanding of the Medieval Latin they were writing in that part of what is now France to be absolutely sure what each document was saying.
Old 25th October 2017, 07:59 AM   #107
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Sigh, ...
Old 25th October 2017, 07:59 AM   #108
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

My rough guess, and it's rough indeed, suggests that the evolution, so to speak, of the VW brand from what it once was to what it now is, means something or other with regard to something or other else, and the confused utterer, ignorant of history and economics as of so much else, believes he has said something about something else, having so cleverly wingodded the thread.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 08:02 AM   #109
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Where I am asking questions in my above that reply?
Sigh Sigh
Originally Posted by Kumar
Quote:
Physiological regulation[edit]
The immune system is involved in many aspects of physiological regulation in the body. The immune system interacts intimately with other systems, such as the endocrine [101][102] and the nervous [103][104][105] systems. The immune system also plays a crucial role in embryogenesis (development of the embryo), as well as in tissue repair and regeneration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system
I feel, members here are not able to discuss scope of above. Can anyone better explain it?
Did you read any of the research before you posted this? This is the root of my replies to you
Old 25th October 2017, 08:07 AM   #110
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
My rough guess, and it's rough indeed, suggests that the evolution, so to speak, of the VW brand from what it once was to what it now is, means something or other with regard to something or other else, and the confused utterer, ignorant of history and economics as of so much else, believes he has said something about something else, having so cleverly wingodded the thread.
I think he's trying to make a reference to how the VW bug was a NAZI invention. It's a coded reference to this video:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/i...mps-the-shark/

Last edited by halleyscomet; 25th October 2017 at 08:09 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 08:35 AM   #111
sackett
Philosopher

Wolks wagon car having engine/motor in back is cleaver way of showing cart before horses, putting skeptick in foolish. Kumarfolk knowing this bit long eternal time lasting until now. Although.

Words not effect a and f meaning one damn bit.

And homopathy still true.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 08:37 AM   #112
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

May have been posted before, but Mitchell & Webbs Homeopathic A&E - 2:34

Maybe Kumar should watch this, because that is how mad homeopathy actually is.
Old 25th October 2017, 09:12 AM   #113
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Kumar is committing a lot of Word Crimes.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 25th October 2017, 12:43 PM   #114
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Yes but there can be some common observations to stamp these cases as SR. Say Spontaneous or quick and complete remission.
No. The S in SR is Spontaneous !
It is not Q for quick or F for fast. The English meaning of spontaneous in SR does not include quick or fast or even slow.
Spontaneous
Quote:
3. (of natural phenomena) arising from internal forces or causes; independent of external agencies; self-acting.
Reality Check is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 02:23 PM   #115
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Wolks wagon car having engine/motor in back is cleaver way of showing cart before horses, putting skeptick in foolish. Kumarfolk knowing this bit long eternal time lasting until now. Although.

Words not effect a and f meaning one damn bit.

And homopathy still true.
Very clover in deed, as wherefore a front engine rear drive automobile is homeopathically front driven since the elimination of connectivity is so complete. Foolish indeed that since vehicles are made with frames of spaghetti a pusher cannot thrive which is why school buses fly backwards and Greyhound buses are propelled by the spirit of the painting on their sides.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 06:36 PM   #116
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Wolks wagon car having engine/motor in back is cleaver way of showing cart before horses.
But! Has no one actually realized the more tenuous and inconsequential the resemblance or relationship between two things the more surely Kumar and Kumar alone among us has found they are eternally integral to one another. Surely in this he clearly and forcefully demonstrates the great power and potential of . . . . . . .

As Rosanadana would say, "Never mind!"

Where can I get a cross-town bus?
Old 25th October 2017, 08:11 PM   #117
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Discussions on topic are getting lost. Pls limit.
Old 25th October 2017, 08:22 PM   #118
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Where can I get a cross-town bus?
Don't go across town. It's full of bees and spiders. Believe me, you don't want to go across town. The buses are stalled in a paroxysm of existential angst. Quietly go to the corner, take the blue pill, read the latest issue of Guideposts, and await the great refueling. The topic will return, wagging its tail behind it.

Old 25th October 2017, 09:35 PM   #119
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Sigh, ...
Cart before horse or WV will be then, when concluding commenting by some is there before listening/knowing other, who is trying to indicate. Bit Idiocy.
Old 26th October 2017, 03:11 AM   #120
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Cart before horse or WV will be then, when concluding commenting by some is there before listening/knowing other, who is trying to indicate. Bit Idiocy.
This is less understandable than the people parodying you above.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology