ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer

Old 29th October 2017, 07:55 AM   #201
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Pigs can’t fly, Kumar.
Yes, it is A&F.
Old 29th October 2017, 08:49 AM   #202
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Pigs can’t fly, Kumar.
Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Yes, it is A&F.

Paging Trebuchet.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 12:18 PM   #203
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Paging Trebuchet.
I believe Trebuchet is likely to have some good historical material, but his current output is largely vegetarian, or to be more specific (and because I always like to find occasions to use the word) cucurbitaceous.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 08:42 PM   #204
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Yes, it is A&F.
Nope, if they pay for the seats they certainly can - moreso if they pay double or more!!!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 08:49 PM   #205
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Everywhere other than TTTTs. Mostly a deducated and dynamic competent research scientist can better understand cancer related substances in the 3 threads. Now, I am further looking for some common route to all or most infections, cancer and few inflamatory diseases. Seems possible.
Read this blog. Take time on it. OR do not bother claiming you are doing any real study or research on this subject : http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/

Wash this space!

fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 08:57 PM   #206
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Careful, there. At the top of this page Kumar used the noun "parody." It's vaguely possible he knows what it means.
Very vaguely!!

Wash this space!

Old 30th October 2017, 06:23 AM   #207
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Yes, it is A&F.
Thee is more evidence to support the notion of flying pigs than there is reliable evidence of homeopathy

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 09:07 AM   #208
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

We may need to achieve A&F level for it.
And the mic is bouncing
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 08:54 PM   #209
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
And the mic is bouncing
So many mic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIC

??
Old 30th October 2017, 09:05 PM   #210
EHocking
Philosopher

Evidence?
You are confusing misrepresenting what is read with being capable of reading, I believe.
Quote:
In other words, the link has been kumared.
Which is actually worse than this.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage

Last edited by EHocking; 30th October 2017 at 09:08 PM.
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 10:40 PM   #211
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

It's the one you are taking
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2017, 11:07 PM   #212
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Because I'm a fundamentally kind person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mic_drop
Old 30th October 2017, 11:50 PM   #213
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Because I'm a fundamentally kind person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mic_drop
MPOVs. Btw, whether kindness attribúte is natural?
Old 30th October 2017, 11:54 PM   #214
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Filippo Lippi View Post
It's the one you are taking
Proud. Sayíng in good sense is not odd proud.
Old 31st October 2017, 04:23 AM   #215
halleyscomet
Philosopher

MPOVs. Btw, whether kindness attribúte is natural?

Your act is slipping. Stop phoning it in and put in some effort or we’ll lose interest.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2017, 08:50 PM   #216
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Your act is slipping. Stop phoning it in and put in some effort or we’ll lose interest.
Other than the founder, haven't we all except for the S's & G's??!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 2nd November 2017, 01:33 AM   #217
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Pigs can’t fly, Kumar.
Oh, they can fly. It's their landings that are ... messy.

Hans
Old 2nd November 2017, 04:11 AM   #218
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Oh, they can fly. It's their landings that are ... messy.

Hans
Btw, is it the true basis of cancer cells that they do not harmoníze with body,:kill & got kílled?

Last edited by Kumar; 2nd November 2017 at 04:13 AM.
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 04:26 AM   #219
fagin
Illuminator

Of course they don't *********** 'harmonise' with the body, that's why it's called a disease.

Last edited by fagin; 2nd November 2017 at 04:27 AM.
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 05:12 AM   #220
EHocking
Philosopher

No cells harmonise.

The concept is non-scientific bull ****.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 05:41 AM   #221
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
No cells harmonise.

MPOVs.
Old 2nd November 2017, 05:56 AM   #222
fagin
Illuminator

MPOVs.
No, your misguided point of view does not change reality.
Old 2nd November 2017, 06:42 AM   #223
halleyscomet
Philosopher

MPOVs.
Dude, you're not even trying an anymore. You're just phoning it in.

How can we wring any entertainment of you if your responses are going to be so damn lazy?
Old 2nd November 2017, 07:45 AM   #224
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

MPOVs.

“MPOVs”. “A&F”. “Equanimity”.

I’m starting to see why you use these. Over fifteen years they’ve saved you a heck of a lot of effort, compared with typing “I don’t have any evidence for what I’m saying but you should believe me anyway” thousands of times.
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:00 AM   #225
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Btw, is it the true basis of cancer cells that they do not harmoníze with body,:kill & got kílled?
"What you said was so confused that one could not tell whether it was nonsense or not."
Pauli
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:48 PM   #226
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

True basis?
Old 2nd November 2017, 05:55 PM   #227
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
No cells harmonise.

MPOVs.
Only if your POV is lacking in scientific understanding

Last edited by EHocking; 2nd November 2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: english
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:00 PM   #228
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

True basis?
No one should such attitude.
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:55 PM   #229
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

One suspects Hans was seeking, as usual, to understand what you might mean by your unique and eccentric use of words, but what you say may be right.

If Hans is reading this, take heed: no one should attitude the platitude dude.

bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:20 PM   #230
Mojo
Mostly harmless

True basis?

From what he has posted elsewhere, he could mean their religion.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:21 PM   #231
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, No one then, should opt this attitude.
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:22 PM   #232
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
One suspects Hans was seeking, as usual, to understand what you might mean by your unique and eccentric use of words, but what you say may be right.

If Hans is reading this, take heed: no one should attitude the platitude dude.
Sorry. I meant:
" No one then, should opt this attitude."
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:01 AM   #233
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, No one then, should opt this attitude.
That's fine. People make mistakes, right?

Sorry. I meant:
" No one then, should opt this attitude."
Yet somehow you vomit word for word, the very same crap.

Sorry, fake apology is fake. Deal with it.
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:08 AM   #234
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

From what he has posted elsewhere, he could mean their religion.
Yes, that might be the case, but I have had enough of trying to guess what Kumar means. Kumar is perfectly able to make reasonably clear statements, we see that occasionally. The semi-impenetrable language is deliberate. I have a good idea of the reason for it, but I think the MA forbids me to say it.

However, I do suggest others also refuse to solve riddles here. If Kumar wants to discuss something, I suggest that he is required to do it in English.

Hans
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:01 AM   #235
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, that might be the case, but I have had enough of trying to guess what Kumar means. Kumar is perfectly able to make reasonably clear statements, we see that occasionally. The semi-impenetrable language is deliberate. I have a good idea of the reason for it, but I think the MA forbids me to say it.

However, I do suggest others also refuse to solve riddles here. If Kumar wants to discuss something, I suggest that he is required to do it in English.

Hans
Yes. We know that Kumar can post in coherent English, because every so often, his persona slips. We know that the obscure and obfuscated language is simply a tactic. We know that this is not, as Kumar claims, a side effect of translators/spell checkers.

The question then becomes "Why do it?"
Old 3rd November 2017, 10:10 AM   #236
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Yes. We know that Kumar can post in coherent English, because every so often, his persona slips. We know that the obscure and obfuscated language is simply a tactic. We know that this is not, as Kumar claims, a side effect of translators/spell checkers.

The question then becomes "Why do it?"
Kumar's posts remind me of this creative problem solver.

Old 3rd November 2017, 11:20 AM   #237
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I would venture to guess that certain peculiar and poorly conceived ideas cannot be expressed convincingly in good English, and cannot be defended if one admits to understanding the arguments against them. Professed ignorance makes it possible to adhere to bad ideas because one can claim that the arguments are based on a misunderstanding, or that the holder of the bad ideas cannot understand the arguments, or both.

One other possibility, of course, is that the garbled and nonsensical postings are the expressions of the poster, and the occasional lapses into clarity are plagiarized.

Other explanations that I can come up with are less charitable and (to paraphrase fast food labeling) may contain nuts.

Old 4th November 2017, 12:12 AM   #238
BillC
Bazooka Joe

I think this thread is due for a mercy locking.
Old 4th November 2017, 12:22 AM   #239
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

If Kumar wants to discuss something, I suggest that he is required to do it in English.

Hans
Ok in english.

How force, energy and matter were PRIMARILY created? Later, such creation or destruction is not anticipated but It should had been created at prime level. Tks.
Old 4th November 2017, 12:28 AM   #240
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Ok in english.

How force, energy and matter were PRIMARILY created? .
Nobody knows.

And no, that does not mean you can go ahead and make stuff up.

If you want to know the latest theories, start here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmogony

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology