IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancel culture

Old 23rd September 2021, 07:52 AM   #1
ahhell
Philosopher

Cancel culture IRL Part 2

Mod InfoContinuation thread from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6#post13608086
Posted By:Darat
Back on topic, cancel culture isn't really a problem for the rich and powerful, its the folks that aren't and that you haven't heard that get screwed by it. Folks like the security guard that got fired for being a racist for telling a Black student at smith college she wasn't allowed in a cafeteria where students weren't allowed. #blanking while working class

Last edited by Darat; 24th September 2021 at 02:53 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:09 AM   #2
dirtywick
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Graham2001 View Post
Just found an article on Spiked (usual warnings apply) covering this issue:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/0...ill-the-novel/
Well I think this is a good example of why portraying cancel culture some kind of leftist character assassination movement targeting political opponents isn’t very accurate.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:15 AM   #3
dirtywick
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Lots clearly did. Not having been born last week, I remember when some of those scientists were saying it was racist to even suspect the lab leak hypothesis.
Totally the same thing.

Its pretty clear, if Trump hadn't been saying Wuhan Flu, almost nobody would think it was racist. Personally, I think its fine but how about we call it the ChiCom flu or CCCP fever. The Chinese government is responsible for hundreds of thousand if not millions of deaths. Even if it didn't leak from the lab, they've spent a good part of the last two years obfuscating the origins of the disease. Oh wait, that was probably Trump.
Unless the uptick in violence against Asians in the US at the time was coincidental or attributed to another cause, I think it’s hard to deny it the language used to describe the disease and the method it was being used was racist on some level. Therefore to me there was prudence in changing the language.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:14 AM   #4
ahhell
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Unless the uptick in violence against Asians in the US at the time was coincidental or attributed to another cause, I think it’s hard to deny it the language used to describe the disease and the method it was being used was racist on some level. Therefore to me there was prudence in changing the language.
I've never actually seen evidence that there was such an uptick unrelated to the general uptick in crime at the same time.

Edit to add, there's basically no way to prove. Anti Asian hate crimes went from almost zero to some.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...tly-n-n1260264

Last edited by ahhell; 23rd September 2021 at 11:22 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:20 AM   #5
Boudicca90
Muse

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well I’m certain that people here would be interested why you are laughing out loud…..or maybe not.

Do you mind explaining.
Seriously? An abuser of women who essentially received a slap on the hand over it through being "cancelled" is complaining about being cancelled while receiving a lifetime achievement award.

Sure, that's cancelled...

I used to be a big fan of his since his early Burton days, but Depp can go to hell.
Boudicca90 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:38 AM   #6
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I've never actually seen evidence that there was such an uptick unrelated to the general uptick in crime at the same time.

Edit to add, there's basically no way to prove. Anti Asian hate crimes went from almost zero to some.

Um, from almost zero to some is an uptick, right? So how is there no way to prove [what?]?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:43 AM   #7
dirtywick
Philosopher

They called it an uptick in the article and the number of Asian hate crimes did increase while the general hate crime rates actually fell. The article doesn’t really dispute that in any way, but it does somewhat dispute the link to Trump. Like I said, not sure if it’s Trumps rhetoric or not as a factor. If it was, I think changing the terminology is prudent.

But what I don’t want to do is pretend Trump was doing it for for academic freedom in a syllabus or to be technically accurate or some other ridiculous reason. We all know exactly what he was doing and if you’d believe that I don’t really have much to add besides I don’t really want a part of that discussion since there’s no reasonable discussion to be had.
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:05 PM   #8
ahhell
Philosopher

They called it an uptick in the article and the number of Asian hate crimes did increase while the general hate crime rates actually fell. The article doesn’t really dispute that in any way, but it does somewhat dispute the link to Trump. Like I said, not sure if it’s Trumps rhetoric or not as a factor. If it was, I think changing the terminology is prudent.

But what I don’t want to do is pretend Trump was doing it for for academic freedom in a syllabus or to be technically accurate or some other ridiculous reason. We all know exactly what he was doing and if you’d believe that I don’t really have much to add besides I don’t really want a part of that discussion since there’s no reasonable discussion to be had.
Sure, he was attacking the ChiComs. So, there is no demonstrated link between trumps rhetoric and the tiny increase in the tiny number of reported hate crimes against Asian, but we should assume there is anyway. Was there anyone claiming that trump did it to defend academic freedom? You're right, there's no reason to keep talking about it.
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:12 PM   #9
ahhell
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Um, from almost zero to some is an uptick, right? So how is there no way to prove [what?]?
To show a connection between said uptick and Trumps rhetoric. Its one of the most over hyped stories in the last decade. If anything it demonstrates how accepting of Asians the US is. There's probably more anti asian hate crimes in any random Asian country than in the US every year.

Total number of hate crimes against Asians, about the same as the total number decrease in hate crimes against Jews, about a 1% change.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/31/10329...-than-a-decade

Literally more hate crimes against white people last year than against Asians. Should I blame that on Don Lemon's rhetoric? Black Lives Matter?
Old 24th September 2021, 02:54 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Bump to bring it to the top of the listings
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 10:28 AM   #11
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Boudicca90 View Post
Seriously? An abuser of women who essentially received a slap on the hand over it through being "cancelled" is complaining about being cancelled while receiving a lifetime achievement award.

Sure, that's cancelled...

I used to be a big fan of his since his early Burton days, but Depp can go to hell.
"An abuser of women."

One woman claims so.

His former partners defend him. Police dispute Amber's descriptions of the broken glass in the kitchen, recall entirely different statements made by her in their presence, etc. The phone call is clear evidence of emotional manipulation/psychological abuse/gaslighting.

She has a couple of friends claiming they saw bruises, but that proves nothing.

My last partner ran her head into a doorframe on purpose after I literally fled the house when she started throwing things at me (complete with the wonderful "I wasn't actually trying to hit you" minimization/implied threat).

While I think his statements at the awards are eyeroll-worthy, you're literally doing what he's referring to!

One accuser who's claims are at odds with almost every scrap of evidence known to the public and you've decided he is not only guilty, but a repeat offender.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 10:43 AM   #12
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Mod InfoContinuation thread from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6#post13608086
Posted By:Darat
Back on topic, cancel culture isn't really a problem for the rich and powerful, its the folks that aren't and that you haven't heard that get screwed by it. Folks like the security guard that got fired for being a racist for telling a Black student at smith college she wasn't allowed in a cafeteria where students weren't allowed. #blanking while working class
Hey, if the gaggle of right wing hacks constantly crying about cancel culture find a way into backing into ending at-will employment (or even pro-union advocacy), I won't complain.

Of course, they love the idea of being able to get people fired for saying unpopular things, they just prefer that their own moral codes be enforced as opposed to others.
Old 24th September 2021, 10:50 AM   #13
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
"An abuser of women."

One woman claims so.

His former partners defend him. Police dispute Amber's descriptions of the broken glass in the kitchen, recall entirely different statements made by her in their presence, etc. The phone call is clear evidence of emotional manipulation/psychological abuse/gaslighting.

She has a couple of friends claiming they saw bruises, but that proves nothing.

My last partner ran her head into a doorframe on purpose after I literally fled the house when she started throwing things at me (complete with the wonderful "I wasn't actually trying to hit you" minimization/implied threat).

While I think his statements at the awards are eyeroll-worthy, you're literally doing what he's referring to!

One accuser who's claims are at odds with almost every scrap of evidence known to the public and you've decided he is not only guilty, but a repeat offender.
Did you forget the court case?
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 11:15 AM   #14
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Did you forget the court case?
What did the court case conclude?
Old 24th September 2021, 11:31 AM   #15
dirtywick
Philosopher

Sure, he was attacking the ChiComs. So, there is no demonstrated link between trumps rhetoric and the tiny increase in the tiny number of reported hate crimes against Asian, but we should assume there is anyway. Was there anyone claiming that trump did it to defend academic freedom? You're right, there's no reason to keep talking about it.
The link you provided discusses the possible link between Trump and the uptick in Asian hate crimes.
Old 24th September 2021, 01:19 PM   #16
ahhell
Philosopher

The link you provided discusses the possible link between Trump and the uptick in Asian hate crimes.
And in no way demonstrated it. Its at best correlation. The correlation could also be, a virus from China caused both Trumps rhetoric and the uptick or it could all just be coincidental. Regardless the reported anti Asian hate crime in the US is so low as to be unable to prove anything other than there is very little anti-Asian hate crime in the US.
Old 24th September 2021, 01:29 PM   #17
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Hey, if the gaggle of right wing hacks constantly crying about cancel culture find a way into backing into ending at-will employment (or even pro-union advocacy), I won't complain.

Of course, they love the idea of being able to get people fired for saying unpopular things, they just prefer that their own moral codes be enforced as opposed to others.
The biggest cancel culture scare monger I personally know is also the biggest advocate for at will employment. They literally can’t see the connection and breathe at the same time.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 01:34 PM   #18
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Fine. I thought you were saying the uptick was doubtful and that confused me.

The absolute numbers were small for the few cities mentioned as I recall. I ain't got the statistical chops to know whether it was conceivably random. But I do think that the president's words matter especially when a portion of his supporters are so passionate. I think it's fair to say that Trump was reckless when he used racist terms (we all agree that "Kung Flu" was racist, right? ).

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2021, 01:58 PM   #19
dirtywick
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Fine. I thought you were saying the uptick was doubtful and that confused me.

The absolute numbers were small for the few cities mentioned as I recall. I ain't got the statistical chops to know whether it was conceivably random. But I do think that the president's words matter especially when a portion of his supporters are so passionate. I think it's fair to say that Trump was reckless when he used racist terms (we all agree that "Kung Flu" was racist, right? ).

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I agree that his language was irresponsible at best.
Old 24th September 2021, 02:21 PM   #20
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

You misspelled PRESIDENTIAL.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2021, 05:12 PM   #21
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Woohoo!! There's gonna be a whole crapload of cancellin' now...

... and it's gonna be epic!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...gn=wp_politics

Fallout begins for far-right trolls who trusted Epik to keep their identities secret
In the real world, Joshua Alayon worked as a real estate agent in Pompano Beach, Fla., where he used the handle 'SouthFloridasFavoriteRealtor' to urge buyers on Facebook to move to "the most beautiful State."

But online, data revealed by the massive hack of Epik, an Internet-services company popular with the far right, signaled a darker side. Alayon’s name and personal details were found on invoices suggesting he had once paid for websites with names such as racisminc.com, whitesencyclopedia.com, christiansagainstisrael.com and theholocaustisfake.com.

After Alayon’s name appeared in the breached data, his brokerage, Travers Miran Realty, dropped him as an agent, as first reported by the real estate news site Inman. The brokerage’s owner, Rick Rapp, told The Washington Post that he didn’t "want to be involved with anyone with thoughts or motives like that."
Epik, based outside Seattle, said in a data-breach notice filed with Maine’s attorney general this week that 110,000 people had been affected nationwide by having their financial account and credit card numbers, passwords and security codes exposed.

Heidi Beirich, a veteran researcher of hate and extremism, said she is used to spending weeks or months doing "the detective work" trying to decipher who is behind a single extremist domain. The Epik data set, she said, "is like somebody has just handed you all the detective work — the names, the people behind the accounts."

Now I do not support or condone the idea of hackers breaking into private databases... but in this case... BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2021, 04:58 AM   #22
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...gn=wp_politics

Fallout begins for far-right trolls who trusted Epik to keep their identities secret
In the real world, Joshua Alayon worked as a real estate agent in Pompano Beach, Fla., where he used the handle 'SouthFloridasFavoriteRealtor' to urge buyers on Facebook to move to "the most beautiful State."

But online, data revealed by the massive hack of Epik, an Internet-services company popular with the far right, signaled a darker side. Alayon’s name and personal details were found on invoices suggesting he had once paid for websites with names such as racisminc.com, whitesencyclopedia.com, christiansagainstisrael.com and theholocaustisfake.com.

After Alayon’s name appeared in the breached data, his brokerage, Travers Miran Realty, dropped him as an agent, as first reported by the real estate news site Inman. The brokerage’s owner, Rick Rapp, told The Washington Post that he didn’t "want to be involved with anyone with thoughts or motives like that."
Epik, based outside Seattle, said in a data-breach notice filed with Maine’s attorney general this week that 110,000 people had been affected nationwide by having their financial account and credit card numbers, passwords and security codes exposed.

Heidi Beirich, a veteran researcher of hate and extremism, said she is used to spending weeks or months doing "the detective work" trying to decipher who is behind a single extremist domain. The Epik data set, she said, "is like somebody has just handed you all the detective work — the names, the people behind the accounts."

Now I do not support or condone the idea of hackers breaking into private databases... but in this case... BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!
There is going to be trickles of this for a long, long time. Reports was that the amount of data that was hacked is simply huge, and it's going to take a long time for the activists to comb through it all.
Old 26th September 2021, 10:01 AM   #23
Emily's Cat

I'd go with irresponsible. I'd even rate it inappropriate.
Old 26th September 2021, 10:03 AM   #24
Emily's Cat

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
There is going to be trickles of this for a long, long time. Reports was that the amount of data that was hacked is simply huge, and it's going to take a long time for the activists to comb through it all.
How on earth do you not understand that these are the tactics of the inquisition and the nazi part?
Old 26th September 2021, 10:27 AM   #25
Boudicca90
Muse

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
How on earth do you not understand that these are the tactics of the inquisition and the nazi part?
The inquisitors and Nazis were the ones who got their sensitive information leaked.

No sympathy here, and it is hilarious.
Boudicca90 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2021, 10:41 AM   #26
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Unless I misunderstand you have it entirely backwards. This is telling the community who are the "nazis" in their midst.
Old 26th September 2021, 10:57 AM   #27
Boudicca90
Muse

Back when Parler was still a thing, a bunch of Leftbook friends in an anitfascist group planned to infiltrate them and troll them. They backed off once they found out about requirements like sending a copy of your drivers license and other sensitive personal information.

It looked like the rubes that used the site didn't mind that, and they were shocked when all their info was stolen too. Even though they laid out the welcome mat for that to happen.
Old 26th September 2021, 11:04 AM   #28
Emily's Cat

Unless I misunderstand you have it entirely backwards. This is telling the community who are the "nazis" in their midst.
Selling out your neighbors and informing on people who hold the "wrong beliefs" is a good thing?
Old 26th September 2021, 01:27 PM   #29
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Selling out your neighbors and informing on people who hold the "wrong beliefs" is a good thing?
And this is the mistake you, and people like you, keep making. Its not about "wrong beliefs" and "right beliefs", its about what we should regard as acceptable in a humane, caring and civilized society, and what should be not acceptable. In short, its not about good v bad, its about good v evil!

The problem with the way people like you think is that you all draw an equivalence between being a white supremacist, nazi or fascist on one side and being a liberal or progressive or an inclusionist on the other. You seem to think they are the two sides to the same coin. THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT! Racism and non-racism are not equal opposites; bigotry and non-bigotry are not equal opposites, white supremacy and racial equality are not equal opposites; fascism and democracy and not equal opposites. Fascism, racism, bigotry and white supremacy are inherently evil. They seek to oppress people for no reason other than hatred for anyone who isn't "like" them.

If any of these things were truly equal and opposite then neither could exist without the other - they would be mutually non-extant. This is not what we observe. Inclusionists ONLY exist because racists and bigots exist, if there was no racism, there would be no inclusionism because racial inequality wouldn't even be a thing. Similarly, Antifa exists ONLY because fascists exist; if there were no fascists, there would be no Antifa, because there would not be anything for them to fight against.

If fascists ever came to power in your country, it will be people like you, the enablers, those think everyone should be free to think and believe what they please in the name of "fair and balanced", regardless of whether it is evil or not, who will be the first ones lined up against the wall and shot. People like me, those speak out against racism and bigotry and white supremacy, will be next.

White supremacists, racists, bigots and fascists need to be called out at every turn, and every opportunity. They must be given no safe spaces in which to cultivate their evil. Cancel them... all of them!

... and yes. If, for example, I found out (and had clear evidence) that a neighbour of mine, say, a teacher, or a doctor or a nurse, and was running a white supremacist website, I would inform their employer in heartbeat! If my neighbour doesn't like it, tough! They are free to report me to my employer for being an inclusionist, and someone who believes in diversity and racial equality.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 26th September 2021 at 01:33 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2021, 01:28 PM   #30
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

??
Old 26th September 2021, 03:29 PM   #31
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Which example of cancellation was about cryptonazism or something similar?
Old 26th September 2021, 05:06 PM   #32
dirtywick
Philosopher

Personally I dont think you need the quotation marks if we’re talking about Holocaust denial.

If your neighbors found out you were running secret Holocaust denial and white supremacy sites and no longer want to associate with you, they have every right to feel that way.
Old 27th September 2021, 04:20 AM   #33
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That wasn't what the post you replied to was doing so it seems to a be a stream of non-sequiturs?
Old 27th September 2021, 04:20 AM   #34
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Which example of cancellation was about cryptonazism or something similar?
Did you quote the wrong post - your question has nothing to do with anything I've posted.
Old 27th September 2021, 04:36 AM   #35
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, trying to browbeat me into some diseased worldview where one is required to be agnostic on the merits of fascism or other genocidal ideologies is not going to work.

It's both hilarious and generally good that these people who thought they were safe to go mask-off fash are suddenly getting outed to their surrounding communities.
Old 27th September 2021, 05:21 AM   #36
Graham2001
Graduate Poster

A Cancellation by the Right Wing...

Quote:
When professor Suzanne Jones’ contract came up for renewal at Texas’ Collin College, a public institution, she was a shoo-in. Faculty and administrators recommended her renewal: She was an “excellent faculty member” who earned “positive” evaluations from students and colleagues alike, kept her expertise in her field current, and had long shown commitment to the institution through “college service throughout” her decades of employment.

But that recommended renewal was “declined at the Senior Vice President level” with the support of President H. Neil Matkin. Senior administrators complained that Jones had gone outside of “normal channels of communication” due to a Facebook post she wrote about administrators’ response to COVID-19. Matkin, in writing, lamented that Jones was “encouraging members of our local community to contact me” about his plan to reopen during COVID-19 — a pandemic he had downplayed as “blown utterly out of proportion.” Administrators also complained that Jones had signed an open letter calling for the removal of Confederate memorials by including her name and professional background, just as other signatories did: “Suzanne Jones, education professor, Collin College.” And they complained that the local chapter of a non-bargaining union (Texas is a right-to-work state), which Jones helped to lead, used the college’s name without their permission.

https://www.thefire.org/collin-colle...d-19-response/

Everybody gets it wrong sometimes...
Graham2001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:17 AM   #37
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Worst thing to happen since that white supremacists teacher got caught out.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/us/da...rnd/index.html.

But its ok, she was just joking. Like with the OK symbol, its funny because she made us think she was anti-Semitic.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:21 AM   #38
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

And refusing to do business with racists and bigots like those who infest the real estate business and in a coordinated fashion screw over black home owners is of course morally wrong. You are morally required to support nazi businesses.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2021, 06:22 AM   #39
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Personally I dont think you need the quotation marks if we’re talking about Holocaust denial.

If your neighbors found out you were running secret Holocaust denial and white supremacy sites and no longer want to associate with you, they have every right to feel that way.
Don't you see that makes them even more nazi that merely running a nazi website and holding nazi ideals.
Old 27th September 2021, 06:24 AM   #40
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Graham2001 View Post
A Cancellation by the Right Wing...

https://www.thefire.org/collin-colle...d-19-response/
Bah this is nothing like a nazi losing their job this is clearly reasonable and normal to many here.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events