IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Rust" , alec baldwin , gun incidents

Old 9th December 2021, 06:12 AM   #1
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

RUST murder By accident? / Did NRA training Cause the Rust Accident?

If Alex Baldwin and witnesses are telling the truth that Alex never pulled the trigger, Alex is either,

(A) the Unluckyest man on earth.

(B) survivor of a Murder attempt on his life.

As evidence I give you this video.
The sticking Trigger malfunction can occur but it's about as likely as winning the powerball, It can be engineered into the revolver however.
Is this possible in this case or am I just being paranoid, because I know I could cause the gun to have that malfunction?

Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 06:18 AM   #2
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Hell yeah, this is the good stuff.
Old 9th December 2021, 06:27 AM   #3
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Any gun that can be fanned can be engineered to have enough friction to stick the trigger at full Cock, making it a dangerous gun.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 06:55 AM   #4
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Talking

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Think about this a small piece of lead jamed into the trigger, holding it back, hammer pulled back, gun goes off lead falls out, lead missed by police Real murderer gets away. Now excuse me I have to go teach my Ex to shoot a Colt single action with Dummy bullets.
Old 9th December 2021, 07:44 AM   #5
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Think about this a small piece of lead jamed into the trigger, holding it back, hammer pulled back, gun goes off lead falls out, lead missed by police Real murderer gets away. Now excuse me I have to go teach my Ex to shoot a Colt single action with Dummy bullets.
I don't have any spare lead. Will bubble gum do?
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 07:51 AM   #6
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
I don't have any spare lead. Will bubble gum do?
Anything that will stick the trigger will work so yes you can even use a hot melt glue gun, but Bubble gum will not fall out like Lead will.

I was hoping you guys would debunk this.
Old 10th December 2021, 05:21 AM   #7
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Update, I checked the theory it works with my 1858 Remington, and didn't leave a mark on the brass frame.

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 10th December 2021 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10th December 2021, 08:37 AM   #8
junkshop
Graduate Poster

I don't see how you get to this.
Old 10th December 2021, 08:48 AM   #9
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by junkshop View Post
You know the old saw... "like a dog with a bone" ?
Yeah.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 08:55 AM   #10
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

If the gun was rigged it could have killed Alex.
Old 10th December 2021, 09:57 AM   #11
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

How?

Did the script call for Alex to point the gun at his head and pull the trigger? Is that the scene the murderer expected them to be rehearsing that day?

How could the murderer even be sure nobody else would trip the mechanism before its time?

This has to be the most bizarre and unreliable murder plot outside of an off-brand Agatha Christie book.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:03 AM   #12
junkshop
Graduate Poster

If Alex Baldwin and witnesses are telling the truth that Alex never pulled the trigger, Alex is either,

(A) the Unluckyest man on earth.

As evidence I give you this video.
The sticking Trigger malfunction can occur but it's about as likely as winning the powerball, It can be engineered into the revolver however.
Is this possible in this case or am I just being paranoid, because I know I could cause the gun to have that malfunction?

Who is this Alex Baldwin, anyway? Should I have heard of them?

Old 10th December 2021, 10:06 AM   #13
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
How?

Did the script call for Alex to point the gun at his head and pull the trigger? Is that the scene the murderer expected them to be rehearsing that day?

How could the murderer even be sure nobody else would trip the mechanism before its time?

This has to be the most bizarre and unreliable murder plot outside of an off-brand Agatha Christie book.
He knew Alex was working on his fast draw, he had just practiced with it, recently, and I am giving both Alex and the Armourer the benefit of the doubt in their public statements.
It hard to make a Murder look like an accident anyway you do it, and the intent might simply to be to Sabotage the production itself.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:07 AM   #14
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Who is this Alex Baldwin, anyway? Should I have heard of them?

Haven't got a clue.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:17 AM   #15
junkshop
Graduate Poster

Haven't got a clue.
DELETED

In retrospect, that could have come across as meanspirited.

Last edited by junkshop; 10th December 2021 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Thought better of it.
junkshop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 10:23 AM   #16
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

DELETED

In retrospect, that could have come across as meanspirited.
Don't worry I can't shave someone with a chainsaw over the internet.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:28 AM   #17
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

Don't worry I can't shave someone with a chainsaw over the internet.
It's Alec Baldwin, rather than Alex.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 10:37 AM   #18
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
It's Alec Baldwin, rather than Alex.
Ok.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:03 AM   #19
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

He knew Alex was working on his fast draw, he had just practiced with it, recently, and I am giving both Alex and the Armourer the benefit of the doubt in their public statements.
It hard to make a Murder look like an accident anyway you do it, and the intent might simply to be to Sabotage the production itself.
You're not claiming sabotage, though. You're claiming murder.

I can see giving Baldwin and the armorer the benefit of the doubt, as an interesting thought experiment in how else this could have happened.

But I think what you've successfully demonstrated with this experiment is that the alternatives are so bizarre and implausible that the best approach is to simply not give Baldwin and the armorer the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:14 AM   #20
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I can see giving Baldwin and the armorer the benefit of the doubt, as an interesting thought experiment in how else this could have happened.

But I think what you've successfully demonstrated with this experiment is that the alternatives are so bizarre and implausible that the best approach is to simply not give Baldwin and the armorer the benefit of the doubt.
It's innocent until proven Guilty, or atleast it used to be.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:14 AM   #21
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Did Someone Die on the set?

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 10th December 2021 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:51 AM   #22
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

It's innocent until proven Guilty, or atleast it used to be.
As I said elsewhere:

This is an important limitation on the state, when it seeks to take away someone's civil liberties by rule of law. We hold the state to a strict legal standard when it attempts this, for obvious reasons.

We extra-legal observers are not bound by this limitation, and are free to reach our own conclusions from the available information.
Old 10th December 2021, 11:54 AM   #23
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Did Someone Die on the set?
Yes. You claiming that they died as a result of a plot to intentionally kill someone.

You are not claiming that they died as an unexpected consequence of attempted sabotage.

You introduced the sabotage idea, when I raised questions about the plausibility of a murder plot using the method you proposed. It seems to me that the method you proposed is extremely unreliable for guaranteeing a murder. It might be good for sabotage, but you are not claiming sabotage. You're claiming murder.

Are you changing your claim from murder to sabotage? Do you now believe this wasn't a murder attempt, it was a sabotage attempt that resulted in someone dying?
Old 10th December 2021, 11:58 AM   #24
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Yes. You claiming that they died as a result of a plot to intentionally kill someone.

You are not claiming that they died as an unexpected consequence of attempted sabotage.

You introduced the sabotage idea, when I raised questions about the plausibility of a murder plot using the method you proposed. It seems to me that the method you proposed is extremely unreliable for guaranteeing a murder. It might be good for sabotage, but you are not claiming sabotage. You're claiming murder.

Are you changing your claim from murder to sabotage? Do you now believe this wasn't a murder attempt, it was a sabotage attempt that resulted in someone dying?
Death as a result of intentional Illegal discharge of a fire arm is still, murder one in New Mexico, whether you knew it would kill or not.
Old 10th December 2021, 05:17 PM   #25
junkshop
Graduate Poster

Death as a result of intentional Illegal discharge of a fire arm is still, murder one in New Mexico, whether you knew it would kill or not.
OK, so convince us that the highlighted occurred, or at least persuade us that it is a realististic probability.

You appear to have abandoned your original hypothesis that this was an attempt on Baldwin's life in particular, in favour of an attempt to sabotage the production in general. Who would be so invested in this film not being completed that they would risk the death of crew members, and why?

What makes this a more likely theory than a laissez faire attitude toward safety protocols on a relatively low budget production with a history of professional, unionised crew members quitting over these very issues?
Old 10th December 2021, 05:30 PM   #26
Hans
Philosopher

Haven't got a clue.
Isn't 'Alex Baldwin' a code name intersex sex?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 05:46 PM   #27
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

OK, so convince us that the highlighted occurred, or at least persuade us that it is a realististic probability.

You appear to have abandoned your original hypothesis that this was an attempt on Baldwin's life in particular, in favour of an attempt to sabotage the production in general. Who would be so invested in this film not being completed that they would risk the death of crew members, and why?

What makes this a more likely theory than a laissez faire attitude toward safety protocols on a relatively low budget production with a history of professional, unionised crew members quitting over these very issues?
I am actually hoping it was an accident, but a real bullet ready to go at battery in a gun everyone says malfunctioned, that's rather hard to believe, when I can rig one in ten seconds.
I know the old Cowboy trick it's been around longer than I have, do you think someone else knew it too?
https://youtu.be/PASwJ1QI05o
Old 10th December 2021, 05:47 PM   #28
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I hope it's actually an accident but I believe If I could do it someone else could too.
Old 10th December 2021, 06:01 PM   #29
junkshop
Graduate Poster

I am actually hoping it was an accident, but a real bullet ready to go at battery in a gun everyone says malfunctioned, that's rather hard to believe, when I can rig one in ten seconds.
I know the old Cowboy trick it's been around longer than I have, do you think someone else knew it too?
Yes, we all get it, you're very good at guns. Well done.

Now, if you could address the questions I asked it would be much appreciated:

Old 10th December 2021, 06:20 PM   #30
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Yes, we all get it, you're very good at guns. Well done.

Now, if you could address the questions I asked it would be much appreciated:
That's got to be someone that hates Baldwin, and wants the movie to fail, how many Baldwin haters are there?
Old 10th December 2021, 06:21 PM   #31
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Isn't 'Alex Baldwin' a code name intersex sex?
I thought is was a code name for outersex sex.
Old 10th December 2021, 07:33 PM   #32
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dude, get a grip. Why is this hard? Crew members had nothing to do, out in the middle of nowhere. Some of them brought live rounds to take the guns out plinking while they were doing nothing. One of the rounds stayed in one of the guns (for whatever reason). The weapon was not properly cleared prior to using it on set. Buy a whet stone and sharpen your Occam's razor would you?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th December 2021, 08:03 PM   #33
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Dude, get a grip. Why is this hard? Crew members had nothing to do, out in the middle of nowhere. Some of them brought live rounds to take the guns out plinking while they were doing nothing. One of the rounds stayed in one of the guns (for whatever reason). The weapon was not properly cleared prior to using it on set. Buy a whet stone and sharpen your Occam's razor would you?
Yet the Armour says that's Not true they were never out of the safe.
Old 10th December 2021, 10:25 PM   #34
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Yes and while Baldwin either doesn't remember or has decided to deny - he probably just pulled the trigger intentionally or not.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2021, 03:21 AM   #35
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

Have you got a cite for this? I heard it had been accidentally discharged a couple of times but this was due to mishandling rather than a problem with the handgun.

P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th December 2021, 03:33 AM   #36
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

That's got to be someone that hates Baldwin, and wants the movie to fail, how many Baldwin haters are there?
Well, I doubt the MAGA crowd will be queuing up for his films after his recurring role on SNL. It's not something I'd have previously thought anyone would try to kill over but these days... But honestly, this is too convoluted. Someone trying to shoot him for having mocked Trump, believable. Rigging a gun on a movie set in the hope he shoots himself/someone else by accident, no, too convoluted, dependent on everyone involved not following safety procedures and utterly dependent on sheer luck to hit anyone.

Old 11th December 2021, 09:30 PM   #37
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Have you got a cite for this? I heard it had been accidentally discharged a couple of times but this was due to mishandling rather than a problem with the handgun.
Discharging without a finger on the trigger can only occur though a malfunction or Sabotage, the old Cowboy trick of lead wedging a trigger to make someone shot there foot while fast drawing the gun.
Old 11th December 2021, 09:33 PM   #38
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Well, I doubt the MAGA crowd will be queuing up for his films after his recurring role on SNL. It's not something I'd have previously thought anyone would try to kill over but these days... But honestly, this is too convoluted. Someone trying to shoot him for having mocked Trump, believable. Rigging a gun on a movie set in the hope he shoots himself/someone else by accident, no, too convoluted, dependent on everyone involved not following safety procedures and utterly dependent on sheer luck to hit anyone.
Actually the lead wedging is designed to get someone to shoot their foot, on the fast draw.
Old 12th December 2021, 12:12 PM   #39
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

"Okay, ya ornery sidewinder, Ah'm agonna face ya down in tha street at noon. First, though, jest let me borry yore shootin' ahrn fer a second t'make shore it's, uh, up t' mah standards."

...."Ah reckon that's fair."
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2021, 05:15 PM   #40
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
"Okay, ya ornery sidewinder, Ah'm agonna face ya down in tha street at noon. First, though, jest let me borry yore shootin' ahrn fer a second t'make shore it's, uh, up t' mah standards."

...."Ah reckon that's fair."
Even fairer if you add a shot of old Red Eye Whiskey, and some half Naked Dancing �� he dancing �� are what gets you access to the shooten Irons partner, but I don't exactly know how.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories