IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 8th June 2007, 06:44 AM   #41
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
"I'm Argentina, and always will be" -- Evita

"I am the law!" -- Judge Dredd, comic book version

"I am the lrgghglghnll" -- Judge Dredd, Stallone version

"I yam what I yam" -- Popeye

"I am that I am" -- Yaweh

"Oh, who is writing poetry sublime?
Iamb, Iamb, Iamb, Iamb, Iamb" -- Shakespeare (not really)

Respectfully,
Myriad

"I am Emmitt Smith."

--Nike commercial. Or maybe some other sportswear.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:45 AM   #42
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

"I'm on the brute squad."

"You ARE the brute squad."

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:14 AM   #43
William_Rodriguez

I am 9/11
William_Rodriguez is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:16 AM   #44
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by William_Rodriguez View Post
I am 9/11
You're not content with having stepped on your tongue in a moment of dumbness, you have to come here and repeat it?

All by yourself, William? None of those other people, you know, the ones who DIED THERE are 9/11?

You are a very sad person.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:16 AM   #45
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

I am 9/11 arrogant
Fixed that for you.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:17 AM   #46
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
In my view, Rodriguez exhibited some courage on September 11, 2001, as did hundreds and hundreds of other people. The vast majority of those who exhibited courage on September 11, 2001, however, have not made it their mission in life to try to become famous come hell or high water, for their actions on that day as Rodriguez has. Then again, the vast majority of those who exhibited courage on September 11, 2001 had not spent years of their lives prior to that day trying to garner fame, unsuccessfully, as Rodriguez had, and the vast majority of them are not about blowing their own horns for the sake of publicity, as Rodriguez is.

His actions in the past several years, however, have been self-serving, self-promoting, and anything but courageous. He has made it obvious that he will promote any and every crazy theory that is ever mentioned (see his lawsuit) for as long as he thinks there is something in it for him.

He has made it obvious that he will change his story whenever it suits him, and that he will run and hide from legitimate questions about his inconsistent accounts of events because he knows that he cannot justify or adequately explain the gross inconsistencies.

Even troofers are starting to have a problem with his blatant self-promotion, his ever-changing stories, and - more importantly from the troofer perspective - his interference with other troofers' economic interests (such as the View debacle, LTW pegging him as the source of a leak to the Post, and his stories about discussions with Charlie Sheen about a "Look At Me I'm William Rodriguez" movie rather than a LC movie, etc.)

Prediction: There will soon be a controlled demolition of the "WR is a Troofer SuperHero" meme, instigated by troofers but based upon Rodriguez' own actions. So perhaps it is more of a "self destruct by proxy" but hey, I couldn't resist the controlled demolition angle. Hmmmmm, what's the over/under on whether it is Rodriguez or the Troof Movement that "pulls it"?
Read this again Willie.

How arrogant and self promoting of you to say that.
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:17 AM   #47
William_Rodriguez

Why don't you go there and read the thread? they are also 9/11, all those victims. You are also a sad person.
William_Rodriguez is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:18 AM   #48
William_Rodriguez

I pulled it (Rosie's line)
Old 8th June 2007, 07:21 AM   #49
Calcas
Graduate Poster

Why don't you go there and read the thread? they are also 9/11, all those victims. You are also a sad person.
With that twisted logic I am 911 too.

We are all victims in one way or another.

Pathetic.
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:43 AM   #50
Furcifer

Taking a quote out of context and then running a smear campaign with it seems below this forum. While some may not agree with what Mr. Rodriguez has said or done this thread is hardly above that.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:47 AM   #51
Spins
Muse

Then enforce your rules, you started with the attacks.
Well why don't you set the record straight, starting with LashL's post regarding your blatant self promotion (amongst other things), and the "attacks" (as you described them) will stop.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...23#post2672323
Old 8th June 2007, 07:49 AM   #52
Mobyseven
Philosopher

William:

You were a hero once. Once, on a horrific day, in the midst of literally thousands of other heroes you displayed true bravery. And you could have been remembered as one of those thousands who were heroes that day - a great many who are no longer with us.

But that wasn't enough for you. You thought that you deserved more than that, after all you were a hero. And so gradually your story changes: what was once a rumble and a fireball becomes an earth-shaking explosion; you promote blatant falsehoods, such as being "...the last person out of the north tower."; you organise speaking tours where you tell everyone of your harrowing experience.

And you ally yourself with the only people who will really make you feel like a hero: The 9/11 Truth Movement. See, everyone else recognised that you were a hero, but then they got on with their lives. You could walk up to near any random person on the streets of NYC and say, "Hi, I'm William Rodriguez. I saved the lives of many people before the collapse of the north tower on 9/11," and you would probably get no more than a strange look and a, "That's nice," if you even were to get a reaction that amiable.

But the members of the 9/11 truth movement think that you're important, because for them 9/11 isn't the past, it's NOW. You were a hero on that day, and so somehow having you on their side gives them a sense of legitimacy, and a figure to use as an appeal to emotion when debates aren't going their way.

"See William Rodriguez? He's was a hero on 9/11, and he believes that it was an inside job, and that there were bombs in the basement! You aren't calling a hero a liar, are you?"

And of course the relationship is reciprocal - in return for being their emotional figurehead, you get the admiration and adoration of truthers everywhere.

But keeping the story going is tricky, isn't it? You have to do your speaking tours to earn a bit of cash, so you can't appear to be too crazy. But you also have to maintain credibility among your fans in the truth movement. Eventually you get caught in a web of contradictions that you've spun for yourself: One moment you're on the "no-fly list", the very next paragraph you're talking about the speaking engagement you have planned on a completely different continent!

Eventually it gets to the point where some factions in the truth movement start to turn on you, and when the truth movement turns on you it's nastier than when skeptics point out your falsehoods. You aren't just a liar, or mistaken to the factions of the truth movement that have turned on you, you're a full blown 'disinfo agent'...somewhat ironically on a par with those darstardly JREFers!

So now you've retreated to one of the only safe havens you have left, the Loose Change Forum and Dylan Avery, though occasionally you stop by to post short comments on the JREF Conspiracy Theory subforum. You can't really maintain too high a profile now, because you know that the paper Mark wrote about you exposes what you've really said and done...and it's just waiting on the sidelines for you to try something high profile so that it can shoot you down in flames once and for all. If you could respond to it then that might work as damage control, but of course you can't: Mark was too thorough with his research for you to exploit a weakness in the paper. So eventually you come to a point where you must realise that this is the end for you. Your fifteen minutes is up and wherever you go from here, you sure won't be remembered as a hero to anyone outside of the Loose Change forum. Such is the result of your own greed.

Yes, William, you were a hero once - but that is in the past. Now you're just a sad, greedy jackass who didn't know when his moment was up.

It's pitiful, really.

Last edited by Mobyseven; 8th June 2007 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Formatification.
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 07:49 AM   #53
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by 3bodyproblem View Post
Taking a quote out of context and then running a smear campaign with it seems below this forum. While some may not agree with what Mr. Rodriguez has said or done this thread is hardly above that.
Well, maybe you could put THIS in context, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Rodriguez
Many accused me of exploting 9/11. I am 9/11!
No one mined this out of context. And just to make it clear, he came here and repeated it.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 08:11 AM   #54
Furcifer

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz;
Well, maybe you could put THIS in context, then?
He, and many other victims, are 9/11. As an American citizen he has the right to say what he wishes about his experience on 9/11 without being accused of exploiting it. He was exploited on that day. Without him, and many other victims there is no 9/11. I think people like Alex Jones and Dylan Avery, who are making money or becoming famous off of 9/11, and weren't directly involved are exploitative.
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 08:22 AM   #55
Mobyseven
Philosopher

He, and many other victims, are 9/11. As an American citizen he has the right to say what he wishes about his experience on 9/11 without being accused of exploiting it. He was exploited on that day. Without him, and many other victims there is no 9/11. I think people like Alex Jones and Dylan Avery, who are making money or becoming famous off of 9/11, and weren't directly involved are exploitative.
I find that statement a little bit confusing...who was exploiting him?

Regardless of what happened on 9/11, William's post-9/11 behaviour is despicable. The fact that he uses his position as a 'hero' to exploit 9/11 is, to me, nearly as bad as Dylan Avery. Depending on my mood that day, I might find him slightly less repulsive, slightly more repulsive, or on par with Dylan Avery - he is always in the same ballpark though.
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 08:28 AM   #56
Furcifer

If you look back at this thread no one has assumed any impartiality in condemning this man for his actions. Everyone has seen fit to find him guilty and proceed with that assumption. The accusations that have been made as a result of this border on slander. These are very serious accusations are they not? What happened to due process?
I'm not going to sit here and defend Mr. Rodriguez's actions, but I will defend his right to be treated fairly. Why not give him the opportunity to present his side of the story, and in the process possibly be shown the error in his ways?
Old 8th June 2007, 08:29 AM   #57
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
"I am 9/11", what movie quote does that remind me of?
What about TV series?

"I am not a number. I am a free man!" (The Prisoner)
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 08:36 AM   #58
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by Mobyseven View Post
William:

You were a hero once. Once, on a horrific day, in the midst of literally thousands of other heroes you displayed true bravery. And you could have been remembered as one of those thousands who were heroes that day - a great many who are no longer with us.

But that wasn't enough for you. You thought that you deserved more than that, after all you were a hero. And so gradually your story changes: what was once a rumble and a fireball becomes an earth-shaking explosion; you promote blatant falsehoods, such as being "...the last person out of the north tower."; you organise speaking tours where you tell everyone of your harrowing experience.

And you ally yourself with the only people who will really make you feel like a hero: The 9/11 Truth Movement. See, everyone else recognised that you were a hero, but then they got on with their lives. You could walk up to near any random person on the streets of NYC and say, "Hi, I'm William Rodriguez. I saved the lives of many people before the collapse of the north tower on 9/11," and you would probably get no more than a strange look and a, "That's nice," if you even were to get a reaction that amiable.

But the members of the 9/11 truth movement think that you're important, because for them 9/11 isn't the past, it's NOW. You were a hero on that day, and so somehow having you on their side gives them a sense of legitimacy, and a figure to use as an appeal to emotion when debates aren't going their way.

"See William Rodriguez? He's was a hero on 9/11, and he believes that it was an inside job, and that there were bombs in the basement! You aren't calling a hero a liar, are you?"

And of course the relationship is reciprocal - in return for being their emotional figurehead, you get the admiration and adoration of truthers everywhere.

But keeping the story going is tricky, isn't it? You have to do your speaking tours to earn a bit of cash, so you can't appear to be too crazy. But you also have to maintain credibility among your fans in the truth movement. Eventually you get caught in a web of contradictions that you've spun for yourself: One moment you're on the "no-fly list", the very next paragraph you're talking about the speaking engagement you have planned on a completely different continent!

Eventually it gets to the point where some factions in the truth movement start to turn on you, and when the truth movement turns on you it's nastier than when skeptics point out your falsehoods. You aren't just a liar, or mistaken to the factions of the truth movement that have turned on you, you're a full blown 'disinfo agent'...somewhat ironically on a par with those darstardly JREFers!

So now you've retreated to one of the only safe havens you have left, the Loose Change Forum and Dylan Avery, though occasionally you stop by to post short comments on the JREF Conspiracy Theory subforum. You can't really maintain too high a profile now, because you know that the paper Mark wrote about you exposes what you've really said and done...and it's just waiting on the sidelines for you to try something high profile so that it can shoot you down in flames once and for all. If you could respond to it then that might work as damage control, but of course you can't: Mark was too thorough with his research for you to exploit a weakness in the paper. So eventually you come to a point where you must realise that this is the end for you. Your fifteen minutes is up and wherever you go from here, you sure won't be remembered as a hero to anyone outside of the Loose Change forum. Such is the result of your own greed.

Yes, William, you were a hero once - but that is in the past. Now you're just a sad, greedy jackass who didn't know when his moment was up.

It's pitiful, really.
Nominated. I was planning to write a similar reply to Mr. Rodriguez, but frankly I can't imagine it would have turned out anywhere near this well. Sums up the situation perfectly (and matches my feelings exactly).
Old 8th June 2007, 08:36 AM   #59
Furcifer

Originally Posted by Mobyseven View Post
I find that statement a little bit confusing...who was exploiting him?

Regardless of what happened on 9/11, William's post-9/11 behaviour is despicable. The fact that he uses his position as a 'hero' to exploit 9/11 is, to me, nearly as bad as Dylan Avery. Depending on my mood that day, I might find him slightly less repulsive, slightly more repulsive, or on par with Dylan Avery - he is always in the same ballpark though.
(Yes, it is a little confusing. I'm not sure what I wanted to say exactly)

Weren't the victims the ones exploited on 9/11?

Last edited by Furcifer; 8th June 2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 8th June 2007, 08:39 AM   #60
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by hurdygurdy View Post
What about TV series?

"I am not a number. I am a free man!" (The Prisoner)
"Who is Number 1?"

"You are Number 6."

Question: Was there supposed to be a comma after "are" in the above sentence?
Old 8th June 2007, 08:49 AM   #61
jmercer
Penultimate Amazing

Mod Warning
I'm locking this thread; I can't see how the topic and discussion can lead to anything other than personal attacks.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:jmercer
jmercer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 08:50 AM   #62
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
Nominated. I was planning to write a similar reply to Mr. Rodriguez, but frankly I can't imagine it would have turned out anywhere near this well. Sums up the situation perfectly (and matches my feelings exactly).

I had a very different response in mind originally, but the auto-censor would have made it unreadable.

(Yes, it is a little confusing. I'm not sure what I wanted to say exactly)

Weren't the victims the ones exploited on 9/11?
Hmm...I don't think that 'exploited' is the right word. It implies that someone is doing he exploiting, and the only people who come to mind are the terrorists. I wouldn't say that they were 'exploiting' the victims - 'murdering' and 'terrorising' seem to fit better.

I suppose one the things that really irks me is that William makes sweeping statements such as "I am 9/11" when really, he is no longer representative of the victims of 9/11. Once, maybe, he could have gotten away with such a statement. But not anymore.
Old 8th June 2007, 10:33 AM   #63
Jeff Wagg
Illuminator

Mod Warning I'm reopening this thread provisionally. Once again.. remember.. attack the issue, not the person. If someone makes a statement you disagree with, disagree with the STATEMENT; don't cast aspersions on the person. It's really not that hard.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:JeffWagg
Jeff Wagg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 10:40 AM   #64
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
"Who is Number 1?"

"You are Number 6."

Question: Was there supposed to be a comma after "are" in the above sentence?
Depends on the meaning. Is the speaker saying that the listener is Number 6, or is he saying that Number 6 is also Number 1? In the former, no comma is needed. In the latter a comma is necessary to indicate that the speaker is addressing Number 6.
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 02:50 PM   #65
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I'm not going to sit here and defend Mr. Rodriguez's actions, but I will defend his right to be treated fairly. Why not give him the opportunity to present his side of the story, and in the process possibly be shown the error in his ways?

Er... have you read any previous threads in which Mr Rodriguez has posted?

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 02:58 PM   #66
Civilized Worm
Graduate Poster

I am 9/11

You're much shorter than that!
Civilized Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 03:08 PM   #67
Totovader
Game Warden

I am 9/11
Stop with the personal atta-

Oh, nevermind...

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 03:59 PM   #68
Furcifer

Originally Posted by gumboot;
Er... have you read any previous threads in which Mr Rodriguez has posted?

-Gumboot
Yes. At least the ones posted under his name in this forum and a few posted under the same name in LC.
The forum seems to turn from constructive critics to character assassins at the mention of his name. It just doesn't feel right to me, so I spoke out. I just don't see how a thread like this can help to solve anything, especially the way it was headed this morning.
Old 8th June 2007, 04:03 PM   #69
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Yes. At least the ones posted under his name in this forum and a few posted under the same name in LC.
The forum seems to turn from constructive critics to character assassins at the mention of his name. It just doesn't feel right to me, so I spoke out. I just don't see how a thread like this can help to solve anything, especially the way it was headed this morning.

If you've read the previous threads you'll be aware that Mr Rodriquez has consistently refused to explain "his side of he story" and will not address problems we have with his numerous publicly stated versions of events.

The posters of this subforum were overwhelmingly polite and respectful to him for a very long time. But there is only so much BS a person will take before saying ENOUGH.

I agree much of the behaviour now towards him is unacceptable - it's against the forum rules after all. But frankly, it is well and truly deserved.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 04:48 PM   #70
stateofgrace

I am 9/11
No William, you are not, you are just a guy, a normal average everyday guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. A guy caught up in the most dreadful events the world has witnessed this century. I cannot imagine the shear horror, and terror of actually being caught up in something as dreadful as this, my mind simply is unable to comprehend the shear scale of terror that you must have gone through on that day.

Through all this though you did all you could to help, you did not walk away, you did not turn and run, you reacted in a way that most human beings would react, and you helped. Many people would not, many people would have fled in panic, many people would have been simply over whelmed by the scale of the situation, and nobody would have condemned them for doing so. But you did not, you was the Good Samaritan that helped, did not cross the road nor turn a blind eye, you did all you could to help. All that was humanly possible to do.

Many acts of heroism were performed on this day, many people responded, many people over came their fears and were heroes that day. You should be proud to be among them. You should be proud, hold your head high, that you live in a country that produce such individuals. Individuals that despite everything will help their fellow human beings in the darkest of hours.

You did the right thing; you did all you could to help. You were a hero. But William this is gone, it is in the past. The world has moved on, your unselfish acts are now part of history. It has been recorded and is there for all to see, for generations to come to see.

You cannot keep it alive, you cannot keep forcing the dreadful things you saw and experienced on others. The only people who now keep this dreadful event alive are the conspirators. The people who discuss holograms, space beams, New World Orders, bombs, missiles, fly overs and goodness knows what else. These are the people whom you now side with. These people who will never know or experience the shear terror you must have faced this day, you now turn to. By doing so you lend credibility to the lunacy they promote, you lend credibility to the belief that the very people whom you should proudly stand shoulder to shoulder with are capable of mass murder.

Is this really how you wish to be remembered, William?
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 04:59 PM   #71
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Hi William. I doubt that you view the situation quite this way, but...isn't it better to be respected by a single rational person than worshipped by a crowd of lunatics?
Old 8th June 2007, 05:10 PM   #72
Furcifer

Originally Posted by gumboot;
If you've read the previous threads you'll be aware that Mr Rodriquez has consistently refused to explain "his side of he story" and will not address problems we have with his numerous publicly stated versions of events.

The posters of this subforum were overwhelmingly polite and respectful to him for a very long time. But there is only so much BS a person will take before saying ENOUGH.

I agree much of the behaviour now towards him is unacceptable - it's against the forum rules after all. But frankly, it is well and truly deserved.

-Gumboot

Perhaps it is. But it looks really bad to someone relatively new to the forum, and it certainly won't appear any better to those who aren't members. If it were any other forum I don't think it would be such an issue, but this is JREF. I know I have always made that distinction to the best of my ability.
Old 8th June 2007, 05:26 PM   #73
pomeroo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientologist View Post
Well this explains Mr. Rodriguez's inability to let go of the fantasies that have made him semi-famous.

Hopefully one day Mr. Rodriguez will realize that his fans are all nuts.

That might make him think twice.. but I doubt it.

Sorta reminds me of Mr. Avery and his statement that "NOTHING" could ever change his opinion of what happened on 9/11.

To think, I used to look at people selling mementos at Ground Zero as the lowest of the low... I was wrong for once.

Willie doesn't understand that the courage he displayed on 9/11 means nothing to his "fans.". They will be in his corner as long as he continues to lie and slander innocent people. If he ever told the truth, they'd turn on him ferociously.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 05:44 PM   #74
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Perhaps it is. But it looks really bad to someone relatively new to the forum, and it certainly won't appear any better to those who aren't members. If it were any other forum I don't think it would be such an issue, but this is JREF. I know I have always made that distinction to the best of my ability.
Is there anything but WR word that he is a hero that proves he is a hero?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:04 PM   #75
Furcifer

Originally Posted by tsig;
A question that can only be answered by those who were with him that day.
Old 8th June 2007, 06:28 PM   #76
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Yes. His desire and efforts to help others that day are verified by others.

I find it very disturbing that he takes the time to post here, that he took the time recently to forward a Nico Haupt article to me, but he won't address the issues I raised in my paper.

So, William, I know you're reading this. You have the power to change your ways. Will you take the course of honor or dishonor?

You have no evidence that the U.S. government committed, aided, allowed to happen, or covered up the 9/11 attacks. Will you stop claiming that the U.S. was involved?

You have no evidence that the basement explosions were due to anything but jet fuel. Will you stop claiming that you do?

You falsely claim that there is no evidence of a fireball in the north tower #50 elevator shaft. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that you were the last person to be pulled from the rubble. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that you saved 15, dozens, or hundreds of lives on 9/11. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claimed that you dropped your 2004 lawsuit against the United States and that the suit wasn't dismissed by the court. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claim that the 9/11 Commission wanted your testimony, and yours alone, behind closed doors. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the investigators didn't interview first responders who were in the buildings. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that NIST didn't want to hear your story, and you misrepresent what you told them. Will you stop making that claim?

You have no evidence for your claims that the U.S. media are deliberately trying to suppress your story, and that the media wants to criminalize Muslims. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claim that the story you tell now is the same as you've told from the start. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the 34th floor of the north tower was unoccupied, did not have ongoing construction work, and that there is reason to be suspicious of noises on that floor. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claim that 21 floors of the north tower collapsed while you were in the building. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the 9/11 Commission only addressed a few of the Family Steering Committee's questions. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the president said, ‘We don’t need an investigation. We know who did it.’” Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that it's impossilble for NORAD not to have intercepted the hijacked airliners. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that WTC 7 had only small fires. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that no steel frame building ever fell due to fire. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the official version states that jet fuel melted the tower columns. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that evidence was deliberately removed from the WTC site to hide it. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that only FEMA was allowed to investigate the collapses. Will you stop making that claim?

William, why not be a man, take a few minutes from your whirlwind schedule of lying about 9/11, and address these questions?
Old 8th June 2007, 06:29 PM   #77
tsig
a carbon based life-form

A question that can only be answered by those who were with him that day.
reading

Last edited by tsig; 8th June 2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: had to read gravy
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2007, 06:40 PM   #78
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Yes. His desire and efforts to help others that day are verified by others.

I find it very disturbing that he takes the time to post here, that he took the time recently to forward a Nico Haupt article to me, but he won't address the issues I raised in my paper.

So, William, I know you're reading this. You have the power to change your ways. Will you take the course of honor or dishonor?

You have no evidence that the U.S. government committed, aided, allowed to happen, or covered up the 9/11 attacks. Will you stop claiming that the U.S. was involved?

You have no evidence that the basement explosions were due to anything but jet fuel. Will you stop claiming that you do?

You falsely claim that there is no evidence of a fireball in the north tower #50 elevator shaft. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that you were the last person to be pulled from the rubble. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that you saved 15, dozens, or hundreds of lives on 9/11. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claimed that you dropped your 2004 lawsuit against the United States and that the suit wasn't dismissed by the court. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claim that the 9/11 Commission wanted your testimony, and yours alone, behind closed doors. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the investigators didn't interview first responders who were in the buildings. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that NIST didn't want to hear your story, and you misrepresent what you told them. Will you stop making that claim?

You have no evidence for your claims that the U.S. media are deliberately trying to suppress your story, and that the media wants to criminalize Muslims. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claim that the story you tell now is the same as you've told from the start. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the 34th floor of the north tower was unoccupied, did not have ongoing construction work, and that there is reason to be suspicious of noises on that floor. Will you stop making those claims?

You falsely claim that 21 floors of the north tower collapsed while you were in the building. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the 9/11 Commission only addressed a few of the Family Steering Committee's questions. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the president said, ‘We don’t need an investigation. We know who did it.’” Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that it's impossilble for NORAD not to have intercepted the hijacked airliners. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that WTC 7 had only small fires. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that no steel frame building ever fell due to fire. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that the official version states that jet fuel melted the tower columns. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that evidence was deliberately removed from the WTC site to hide it. Will you stop making that claim?

You falsely claim that only FEMA was allowed to investigate the collapses. Will you stop making that claim?

William, why not be a man, take a few minutes from your whirlwind schedule of lying about 9/11, and address these questions?
WR is a liar now and he was a liar then.

Why believe in any of his stories.
Old 8th June 2007, 06:46 PM   #79
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
WR is a liar now and he was a liar then.

Why believe in any of his stories.
I believe the parts of his story that are backed by evidence.
Old 8th June 2007, 06:58 PM   #80
Swing Dangler
Graduate Poster

If he is 9/11, what are you?

It seems to me that W.R. is more 9/11 than any of us. Then again, I would accept any victim or survivor of the event as being "9/11".
Swing Dangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories