ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Trump supporters

Old 7th November 2019, 01:30 PM   #1
ChristianProgressive
Graduate Poster

This video shows how fascism wins...

https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...25605715873792

(play the clip included)

I am utterly appalled that these women are allowed to vote in the US. They are obviously morally unfit to have the franchise.

(and before anyone gets shirty about it, no it is NOT about gender, it is about what their statements says about their character)
"As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:37

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." - Luke 21:28
ChristianProgressive is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 06:23 PM   #2
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

best response... Tim Williams

"You CAN'T reach these people. They're collectively lost in their fear, anger, and ignorance. We have to press on without them and show up in larger numbers than them at the polls. They're lost."

Says it all for me!

As another poster said earlier... you can't fix stupid!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 06:32 PM   #3
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

I would go further than lost and call them deplorable and irredemable.
Old 7th November 2019, 06:38 PM   #4
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

What if the person Trump shot was you, lady?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 06:41 PM   #5
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Not all the women were as stupid as that one in the back row on the end in the gray cardigan. That woman is beyond stupid.
ETA: this is only a small portion of the entire interview.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 7th November 2019 at 06:42 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 09:13 PM   #6
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You can't worry about their kind. They aren't like us. They aren't real Americans. Focus on the people you can bring back to America's side. The **** in your video will always be one of Trump's whores . That stupid **** deserves what she gets.
Old 7th November 2019, 10:59 PM   #7
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Maybe he had a good reason...
Old 8th November 2019, 12:21 AM   #8
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post

(play the clip included)

I am utterly appalled that these women are allowed to vote in the US. They are obviously morally unfit to have the franchise.

(and before anyone gets shirty about it, no it is NOT about gender, it is about what their statements says about their character)
The woman is a chuckle-head.

But di want to point out how chilling I consider those highlighted words. All US citizens who have not been convicted of an election-related crime should have the right to vote. Even the morally unfit ones.
Old 8th November 2019, 02:29 AM   #9
3point14
Pi

I have no sound and can't lip read. Could someone post hat was said?

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 02:40 AM   #10
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
I have no sound and can't lip read. Could someone post hat was said?
It's a part of a CNN sit down with women voters who had a past of swing voting and who had voted for Trump in the 2016 elections.

The clip was the final question in which those that showed unwavering support of Trump were asked if they would still support him is he did shoot someone on 5th Avenue. The two of them that were supporting him no matter what replied "Well why did he shoot them?"

The full article can be seen here....
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 02:41 AM   #11
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
It's a part of a CNN sit down with women voters who had a past of swing voting and who had voted for Trump in the 2016 elections.

The clip was the final question in which those that showed unwavering support of Trump were asked if they would still support him is he did shoot someone on 5th Avenue. The two of them that were supporting him no matter what replied "Well why did he shoot them?"

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Thank you.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 10:33 AM   #12
rockysmith76
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post

(play the clip included)

And yet your first move seems to be is to censure their rights in a most Bolshevik way.
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 10:37 AM   #13
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post

I AGREE
It is a fair question.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 11:22 AM   #14
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
It is a fair question.
Not really. I think everyone understands the question is really about committing murder. I think that subtext is clear even in the original statement by Trump himself.

That said, the whole thing is a rhetorical gotcha game. In that sense, I'm perfectly okay with "why did he shoot them" as a rhetorical counter-play. If nothing else, it might prompt some anti-Trumpers to declare that legitimate killing isn't when it's Trump doing it.

Last edited by theprestige; 8th November 2019 at 11:24 AM.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2019, 11:29 AM   #15
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
That's one of the risks you just have to run when you vote for the Leopards Eating Peoples' Faces Party.
Old 10th November 2019, 07:02 PM   #16
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
That's one of the risks you just have to run when you vote for the Leopards Eating Peoples' Faces Party.
Yep.

To note: This is a show of how a fascist *could* win, not how he (*cough cough* or she...) will.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics