ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , hillary clinton , presidential candidates , Russia conspiracies , Tulsi Gabbard

Old 23rd October 2019, 10:36 AM   #481
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
Only if you believe the MSM, so sorry that you are stuck in that confined little space.
Don't believe CBS or NBC or the NY Times.

No, we should believe only the ravjngs of conspiracy theory rags like Breitbart and Infowars.

Sheesh.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:01 AM   #482
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if Dems are recruiting a far-right hater to split the pro-Trump vote. I care less about one side's dirty tricks if both sides have the dirty-tricks playbook. If the Dems are trying to run an honorable campaign there is a serious imbalance. Otherwise, meh.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:12 AM   #483
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I wonder if Dems are recruiting a far-right hater to split the pro-Trump vote. I care less about one side's dirty tricks if both sides have the dirty-tricks playbook. If the Dems are trying to run an honorable campaign there is a serious imbalance. Otherwise, meh.
The Democratic Party is probably not going to engage in any kind of cloak and dagger political warfare. But one suggestion in the back of my dark mind is showing up to Trump rallies with neo-Nazi and or skinhead insignia. Keep it subdued; don't bring big flags and or KKK hoods or anything of the sort. Be natural about it.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:22 AM   #484
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Don't believe CBS or NBC or the NY Times.

No, we should believe only the ravjngs of conspiracy theory rags like Breitbart and Infowars.

Sheesh.
Or you can even read the report yourself. Itís not like its buried in a Star Chamber safe box.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:41 AM   #485
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by IsThisTheLife View Post
The ISF subgeniuses, as is is typical of the conformist masses everywhere, like to think that these "connections" (guilt-by-association smears) they're buying into is "nuanced thinking", LoL.
That's exactly what a Russianbot would say to add more fuel to this tempest in a teapot (probably).
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:42 AM   #486
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Goddammit I miss the days when Russian meddling in American politics was done through hot high-end prostitute spies.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 23rd October 2019 at 11:58 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:57 AM   #487
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
In theory, Joe Walsh would be perfect here - and while I wouldn't actually like him on anything, either him or Romney would be preferable to the dimwitted white supremacist traitor the GOP is currently rallying behind.

(I'll take a moment here to note that my own preferred candidate, Bill Weld, is a person who actually and loudly believes in equal rights even for transgendered people, and thus is a particularly poor spoiler for anyone who is currently considering voting for Toupee Fiasco)

Unfortunately, it sounds like most of the dems that are nervous about their own candidates are instead wasting their time on either people who have clearly said no (eg. Clinton, Eric Holder, Michelle Obama), or clowns threatening a third party run against Warren to protect billionaires (Michael Bloomberg).
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:37 PM   #488
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Just read up on Gabbard's foreign policy,and , although I don't think she is a knowing Russian asset, she sure as hell seems to want to do what would make Putin happy.
I find her buddying up with Assad to be really troubling.
That is the dark side of the peace movement: They want peace at any price, and if that means sanctioning a viscouse dictator and looking the other way at mass murder so be it.
That's the problem with pacifism:in the end, you end up giving power to the worst people in the world.
And that Gabbard's approach to foreign policy seems to be not much different then Trump's should give people a real caution about her.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 23rd October 2019 at 01:33 PM.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 02:42 PM   #489
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That is the dark side of the peace movement: They want peace at any price, and if that means sanctioning a viscouse dictator and looking the other way at mass murder so be it.
Yeah I prefer fluid dictators, myself.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 05:41 PM   #490
applecorped
Suspended

Joseph McCarthy would make a great Democrat today
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 05:57 PM   #491
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 05:13 PM   #492
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Oh, maybe you didn't hear: all of those e-mail and benghazi investigations turned up negative, and Clinton was cleared.

Sorry about that.
You seem not to understand the rule of expediency in politics, or you pretend not to when it suits (disingenuousness). But if you really don't get it, here's a facile analogy for you; it's like a game of Jenga - if certain pieces were to be pulled, which is to say, certain actors taken down (indicted and convicted), they could bring entire edifice down with them. Even Trump expediently back-pedaled on the explicit declarations he made on several occasions in '15/'16, publicly and to her face, that HRC belonged in jail .
Old 30th October 2019, 06:43 PM   #493
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
No, I'm just sick of page after page after page arguing about a word. How long must we beat this dead horse?
I've completely left or taken hiatus from several threads due to this kind of crap. When I come back to check, if it's still going on, I bow out again. It's boring, unproductive, and silly.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 07:28 PM   #494
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
That really is funny. I bet applecorped doesn't see the irony of his post. Maybe he genuinely doesn't know that Joseph McCarthy's Chief Counsel was Roy Cohn. Donald Trump's long time mentor and attorney for his father.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 04:46 AM   #495
Belz...
Fiend God

You seem not to understand the rule of expediency in politics, or you pretend not to when it suits (disingenuousness). But if you really don't get it, here's a facile analogy for you; it's like a game of Jenga - if certain pieces were to be pulled, which is to say, certain actors taken down (indicted and convicted), they could bring entire edifice down with them. Even Trump expediently back-pedaled on the explicit declarations he made on several occasions in '15/'16, publicly and to her face, that HRC belonged in jail .
That's delicious word salad, but what does it mean, and how does it address what I said?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 05:16 AM   #496
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I've completely left or taken hiatus from several threads due to this kind of crap. When I come back to check, if it's still going on, I bow out again. It's boring, unproductive, and silly.

I agree. With a few exceptions, the forum is really no longer worth bothering with. Bickering has replaced discussion. In thread after thread, it's not about the events it's about the people posting. Their reaction to one another. Sad!
newyorkguy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 05:58 AM   #497
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Cite? Even if true, the word didn't get out to the cult.

(And even if true, he continues to Banana Dictate other political opponents non-stop. Impeach Romney, shoot the whistle-blower, etc.)
Old 31st October 2019, 06:14 AM   #498
ahhell
Master Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
I agree. With a few exceptions, the forum is really no longer worth bothering with. Bickering has replaced discussion. In thread after thread, it's not about the events it's about the people posting. Their reaction to one another. Sad!
There are a few threads with a few pages of actually interesting conversation that have made me think a bit. Usually buried in 20 pages of bickering.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 06:29 AM   #499
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Cite? ...

Al Smith Roast

You'd Be In Jail
Old 31st October 2019, 06:39 AM   #500
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Link 1: 18 minute youtube, no thanks. When you cite a lengthy youtube, please indicate the time mark when the pertinent evidence occurs.

Link 2: 180 degree opposite of your claim, as best I understand through the opacity of your presentation.
Old 31st October 2019, 06:46 AM   #501
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
That's delicious word salad, but what does it mean, and how does it address what I said?
For the peanut gallery;

HRC is untouchable - for the time being - because she has unlimited insider info, i.e. DIRT, on the entire, rotten structure of US government, "The Swamp", on all the other rotten, careerist scumbags like her.

Indicting her could, in fact almost certainly would start a chain of consequences that would precipitate a complete breakdown of government and law - IOW, likely bring about the civil war people speculate about glibly.

Fortunately for her, no one so far seems to have decided she's enough of a liability that she needs to be dead.
Old 31st October 2019, 06:51 AM   #502
IsThisTheLife
Critical Thinker

Link 1: 18 minute youtube, no thanks. When you cite a lengthy youtube, please indicate the time mark when the pertinent evidence occurs.

Link 2: 180 degree opposite of your claim, as best I understand through the opacity of your presentation.
Liberals always lie.
Old 31st October 2019, 07:00 AM   #503
Belz...
Fiend God

For the peanut gallery;

HRC is untouchable - for the time being - because she has unlimited insider info, i.e. DIRT, on the entire, rotten structure of US government, "The Swamp", on all the other rotten, careerist scumbags like her.

Indicting her could, in fact almost certainly would start a chain of consequences that would precipitate a complete breakdown of government and law - IOW, likely bring about the civil war people speculate about glibly.

Fortunately for her, no one so far seems to have decided she's enough of a liability that she needs to be dead.
Would you mind responding to my request? Or was confusion your goal to begin with?

Old 31st October 2019, 07:28 PM   #504
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

For the peanut gallery;

So, how did she get all this blackmail material?
Old 31st October 2019, 07:36 PM   #505
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

For the peanut gallery;

I think you got a little QAnon on your face....

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 06:41 AM   #506
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Liberals always lie.
Hmm. I might be wrong about something. (I recall that fateful day of my last blunder. The day the earth's polarity switched. ) It's a tad bit harsh to jump to the "L" word. Could you dial back the opacity and please point out specifically what lie you think I told?
Old 1st November 2019, 06:43 AM   #507
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I think you got a little QAnon on your face....
Scrambled QAnon over easy.
Old 1st November 2019, 06:55 AM   #508
Belz...
Fiend God

Liberals always lie.
That's fine, the conservatives have found a way to compensate by having Donald Trump as party leader.

Old 2nd November 2019, 05:37 AM   #509
RoseMontague
Published Author

Gabbard is now at 2% in the RCP average, tied for 7th with Beto (who just dropped out) and ahead of Klobuchar, Castro, Steyer, and Booker. Her polling is moving up since the Clinton accusations. In the meantime a whistle-blower report on the OPCW shows the possibility that some "fixing" went on with the Douma report (that's the one where the US/UK wasted a bunch of cruise missiles).

Last edited by RoseMontague; 2nd November 2019 at 05:39 AM.
RoseMontague is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 08:33 AM   #510
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm. I might be wrong about something. (I recall that fateful day of my last blunder. The day the earth's polarity switched. ) It's a tad bit harsh to jump to the "L" word. Could you dial back the opacity and please point out specifically what lie you think I told?
Crickets. Shocking.

I'm sick and tired of lazy, right-wing zealots. No pep, no step. We need some work ethic around here. Maybe some Mormons would liven things up.

Last edited by varwoche; 2nd November 2019 at 09:15 AM.
varwoche is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2019, 11:14 AM   #511
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RoseMontague View Post
Gabbard is now at 2% in the RCP average, tied for 7th with Beto (who just dropped out) and ahead of Klobuchar, Castro, Steyer, and Booker. Her polling is moving up since the Clinton accusations. In the meantime a whistle-blower report on the OPCW shows the possibility that some "fixing" went on with the Douma report (that's the one where the US/UK wasted a bunch of cruise missiles).
"like a dog"!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2019, 08:28 PM   #512
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by RoseMontague View Post
In the meantime a whistle-blower report on the OPCW shows the possibility that some "fixing" went on with the Douma report (that's the one where the US/UK wasted a bunch of cruise missiles).
Fixing? That's the spin. It was a different opinion of how the gas containers were delivered. It'd be great if we could know the whole truth and nothing but the truth but the Russian backed Syrian bastards tried their best to block the OPCW fact finders.

But that's standard operating procedure for them isn't it.
Old 4th November 2019, 05:50 AM   #513
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Crickets. Shocking.

I'm sick and tired of lazy, right-wing zealots. No pep, no step. We need some work ethic around here. Maybe some Mormons would liven things up.
Where's RandFan when we need him?
Old 4th November 2019, 09:47 AM   #514
Arcade22
Philosopher

Liberals always lie.
Are you a Liberal then? Big L - Liberal (for Lies!).

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics