ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Eric Ciaramella , whistleblower issues , whistleblowers

Old 1st November 2019, 07:12 AM   #81
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Be fair. We interact with lots of posters on lots of subjects and are often lucky if we just have a vague impression of the other guy.

If you pressed me, I couldn't name a single opinion of yours that falls on the conservative side of the spectrum. It's not that think you're particularly liberal, it's just that I can't recall particular stances that have led to my opinion of your political bent. I read your posts and respond to you about as much as to anyone, but I don't take notes.
Well I guess I'm not as beloved on the forum as I had anticipated. (sniff)

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 07:14 AM   #82
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Well I guess I'm not as beloved on the forum as I had anticipated. (sniff)
Well, if you will insist on changing your nick

Last edited by The Don; 1st November 2019 at 07:16 AM.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 07:17 AM   #83
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

TM, we've still interacted with me for as long as I've been here (14 years). You must have some idea of where I stand on various issues, and be aware that I pretty much never espouse extremist views, and that I don't fall within one "side" or another of the political spectrum.
In that case you should have no trouble in easily classifying me on the left-center-right spectrum. Let's see, I'm in favor of universal healthcare, the death penalty, crippling the banks, mandatory national service, legalized prostitution, prohibition of alcohol stronger than wine and beer, Puerto Rican independence, the option of public flogging instead of prison sentences, semi-nationalizing critical industries by having the government buy shares of publicly traded companies, and war with Russia. I dislike Obama, hate Hillary, and loathe Trump. And I'd forgive all of Trump's crimes and shenanigans if he'd fight back against Russian interests instead of furthering them.

Am I right, left, or center?
Old 1st November 2019, 07:20 AM   #84
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
In that case you should have no trouble in easily classifying me on the left-center-right spectrum.
Come on, TM. You're not a beloved member of the forum.

Quote:
Let's see, I'm in favor of universal healthcare, the death penalty, crippling the banks, mandatory national service, legalized prostitution, prohibition of alcohol stronger than wine and beer, Puerto Rican independence, the option of public flogging instead of prison sentences, semi-nationalizing critical industries by having the government buy shares of publicly traded companies, and war with Russia. I dislike Obama, hate Hillary, and loathe Trump. And I'd forgive all of Trump's crimes and shenanigans if he'd fight back against Russian interests instead of furthering them.
Sounds like you're well rounded to me.

Wait, are you really for public flogging or was that a random bit you just threw in there? And nuclear war, really?

ETA: I really didn't intend to derail the thread with a joke; I'm just curious why you reacted as you did to my self-labeling.

Last edited by Belz...; 1st November 2019 at 07:24 AM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 07:29 AM   #85
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Come on, TM. You're not a beloved member of the forum.

Sounds like you're well rounded to me.

Wait, are you really for public flogging or was that a random bit you just threw in there? And nuclear war, really?

ETA: I really didn't intend to derail the thread with a joke; I'm just curious why you reacted as you did to my self-labeling.
Yes to the flogging, I said "war" not "nuclear war", and no I'm not well-rounded. I'm a crank. But so are most people. Well-roundedness is an illusion, the collective lie that anything people do can be "normal" and that "normal" means anything. We are a species made up of individual eccentrics and not a one of us much less a group can truly claim the authority of "normal". There is only "accustomed", and absolutely anything can be that, given time.
Old 1st November 2019, 07:30 AM   #86
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Yes to the flogging
Very interesting. In a different thread I'd be very curious to discuss this with you.

Quote:
I said "war" not "nuclear war"
I think one'd lead to the other.

Quote:
I'm not well-rounded. I'm a crank.

Old 1st November 2019, 08:14 AM   #87
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Quote:
... Alexandra Chalupa, was paid $412,000 from 2004 to June 2016 by the DNC.

The whistleblower’s ties to Democrats, including Biden, Schiff, former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of Intelligence James Clapper and former National Security Adviser Susan Rice

You've got to love these desperate attempts to make normal government activities appear sinister. Oh, my god, she was PAID? $412,000?!?! Clearly she's just in it for the money, which averages almost $35,000 a year for the 12 YEARS she was working for them.

And he has "ties" to all those Democrats? You mean, all the elected and appointed officials that formed the government he was working for as a public servant? That Rat Bastard!

This is nothing more than the latest Trumpista attack on the professional public service of the United States. You worked here when Obama was President? You're obviously a traitor!!!!!

**** this noise.
Old 1st November 2019, 08:20 AM   #88
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
You've got to love these desperate attempts to make normal government activities appear sinister. Oh, my god, she was PAID? $412,000?!?! Clearly she's just in it for the money, which averages almost $35,000 a year for the 12 YEARS she was working for them.

And he has "ties" to all those Democrats? You mean, all the elected and appointed officials that formed the government he was working for as a public servant? That Rat Bastard!

This is nothing more than the latest Trumpista attack on the professional public service of the United States. You worked here when Obama was President? You're obviously a traitor!!!!!

**** this noise.
Thank you, this is an excellent example of the sort of absurd corner people paint themselves into when they swallow everything they hear/read uncritically, even if it comes from <loud guffaw> Devin Nunes!

If it's true that the whistle-blower has been correctly identified, I won't be slightly surprised if all these deep ties to Biden amount to simply having worked in the Obama administration as a peon.
Old 1st November 2019, 08:43 AM   #89
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Thank you, this is an excellent example of the sort of absurd corner people paint themselves into when they swallow everything they hear/read uncritically, even if it comes from <loud guffaw> Devin Nunes!

If it's true that the whistle-blower has been correctly identified, I won't be slightly surprised if all these deep ties to Biden amount to simply having worked in the Obama administration as a peon.
They're playing six degrees of Obama.

That guy is such a boogeyman for them!

Old 1st November 2019, 08:46 AM   #90
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post

It's already clear that this is the case. Just look at what they're trying to do with all this "He invited her to the White House for a meeting!" nonsense. She was a lobbyist for the Ukrainian Government, he was an analyst for the US government, assigned to the White House, who specialized in the Ukrainian government. It would have been quite surprising if they hadn't had some sort of professional engagement.
Old 1st November 2019, 08:49 AM   #91
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

This is another side effect of highly partisan, nobody is allowed to be neutral, argumentative it makes the already pretty much meaningless term "bias" mean even less.

That's why so many debates are stuck in an endless loop of "I'm not going to listen until you provide a non-bias source, and a non-biased source is a source that already agrees with me."
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 08:58 AM   #92
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

The whistleblower’s ties to Democrats, including Biden, Schiff, former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of Intelligence James Clapper and former National Security Adviser Susan Rice
Who the **** CARES?!! Is the substance of the report correct? Do you have any damn reason to believe it isn't? Any?
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.

Last edited by acbytesla; 1st November 2019 at 09:22 AM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 08:59 AM   #93
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Who the **** CARES!
Welcome to the present day, where facts don't matter. Allegiance does.

Old 1st November 2019, 09:07 AM   #94
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
This is another side effect of highly partisan, nobody is allowed to be neutral, argumentative it makes the already pretty much meaningless term "bias" mean even less.

That's why so many debates are stuck in an endless loop of "I'm not going to listen until you provide a non-bias source, and a non-biased source is a source that already agrees with me."
I generally agree that "bias" is hammered too much.

But I really don't want to wade through a random blog article with scare quotes and sneering adjectives, outright lies and blatant omissions and take that as a source for a news story. After you've seen enough of them, trying to parse through and squeeze the actual known facts out of that is not worth my time. "Bias" does have a meaning, although I suppose we could use other words to describe those kinds of sources.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 07:54 PM   #95
applecorped
Suspended

He worked with Alexandra Chalupa, who Glenn Beck exposed as directly contributing to the Russian-collusion hoax, among other things. Then, there’s the false report that Vladimir Putin ordered President Trump to fire James Comey. Yep, that whopper came from our guy Ciaramella.

https://noqreport.com/2019/11/01/rea...ic-ciaramella/
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 08:18 PM   #96
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Welcome to the present day, where facts don't matter. Allegiance does.
That's the point. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. Go back to the facts. Never address their MORONIC and DISHONEST attempt at DIVERSION!!!

They can't and won't address the facts and reality. Not Prestige. Not Applecorped, Not Zig

Instead, they want to blame the Democrats for an unfair process. Applecorped wants to suggest this is all just bias. If it is bias Applecorped, what did the whistleblower get wrong?

Not a one of them want to focus on what the President and his gang did. There's a reason that Perry, Pompeo, Pence, and Giuliani are refusing the subpoenas. Every single one of them look like they were involved in this scheme and they KNOW it is indefensible.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 09:18 PM   #97
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

... who Glenn Beck exposed...
You have absolutely no self-awareness.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st November 2019, 09:37 PM   #98
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Look, the proto-form of a spine. Now watch it melt away in a matter of days.
Reminds me of one of my favorite cartoons:

Old 1st November 2019, 09:45 PM   #99
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

He worked with Alexandra Chalupa, who Glenn Beck exposed as directly contributing to the Russian-collusion hoax, among other things. Then, there’s the false report that Vladimir Putin ordered President Trump to fire James Comey. Yep, that whopper came from our guy Ciaramella.

His background and testimony is rendered irrelevant with all of the testimonies now on the record.
Old 1st November 2019, 11:32 PM   #100
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
What the Trumpers don't seem willing to grasp is that all federal government employees are sworn -- literally -- to protect the U.S. Constitution and serve the American people, not help a President get re-elected or protect him from exposure of his crimes.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/3331

Its probably not that they are unwilling to grasp this. Its that they are in all liklihood incapable of understanding anything other than showing blind loyalty to Dear Leader, and blind faith in their tribe. Its why they so readily adopt the idea of Trump as a "Forever President" - no need to bother with inconveniences like democracy and pesky old elections.

ETA: Its probably where the mentality of people like these two in-breds comes from...

These sorts of idiots ought to try talking to low-end working class Russians before making this kind of statement. They should also be careful what they wish for!

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd November 2019 at 12:34 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 12:25 AM   #101
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Is this story being carried by a new organization staffed by anyone who is fully human? So far, I just see Trumptrash running it.
Old 2nd November 2019, 03:11 AM   #102
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you. I appreciate learning about whacked out right-wing "Christian news" sites, and seeing where people who disregard facts get their drivel from.

I forgot to mention: Their source is Glenn Beck's chalkboard. (Array the laughing dogs en masse.)

Last edited by varwoche; 2nd November 2019 at 03:24 AM.
varwoche is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 03:57 AM   #103
catsmate
No longer the 1

RealClearInvestigations is disclosing the name because they're a right-wing biased/pro-Trump who parrot conspiracy theories of the public’s interest in learning details of an effort to remove a sitting president from office.
Fixed for you.

Further, the official's status as a “whistleblower” is complicated by his being a hearsay reporter of accusations against the president, one who has “some indicia of an arguable political bias … in favor of a rival political candidate"
A lie.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 04:01 AM   #104
catsmate
No longer the 1

Are, of course, irrelevant. Are you going to disprove what was actually said?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 04:20 AM   #105
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Trump and the Trumptrash need to worry about all the testimony that's come out since the great American who brought Trump's latest transgression to our attention came forward. As is typical for Trump and the Magascum, they're behind the curve, likely due to a deficient of intellect.
Old 2nd November 2019, 06:41 AM   #106
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
You have absolutely no self-awareness.
Bias is a one-way street. Those opposed to Trump are blinded by bias, as evidenced by their opposition. They cannot be trusted. Those who support Trump see clearly his inherent goodness and are thus unbiased and reliable.

Duh.

With any luck, we will discover that Bolton was a secret agent, blinded by his hatred and plotting against Trump. We will dismiss his fanciful lies about what happened in the White House and rejoice that he was removed before it was too late.

Last edited by phiwum; 2nd November 2019 at 06:43 AM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 06:55 AM   #107
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
A lie.
It's not even a lie it's just pure nonsense.

"We can't trust anyone who says Trump is guilty of something because they are trustworthy because they think Trump is guilty of something so are biased against him."
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd November 2019, 08:35 AM   #108
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

So? People went out to verify his claims as a whistleblower.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 11:16 AM   #109
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Well the Trumpers can start the campaign of terror against him, as is the plan.
Didn't take long for the knives to come out and people stop addressing the article and start personalizing it but that's is, as someone recently said here.....SOP
Wah...wah.,wah. The whining never stops. Some people think the facts are important and who the people are is unimportant. And yet others are lying turds who think they should be able to demonize people for simply telling the truth. AKA: Trump and some of his supporters.

The right doesn't want to discuss the extortion scheme concocted by Trump and his crazy lawyer. Instead, they want to attack the person who brought that to the world's attention.

Now, if it was all a big lie, they might have a point. It might matter if this person was a political partisan. But there is NOT a shred of evidence it is a lie. THE FACTS are that President Trump is lying. (What a surprise. lol. ) So who the whistleblower is, is irrelevant.

Is this what you had in mind Applecored? I find your entire thread disgusting. And, I find the article disgusting and the low life scum who published it disgusting.

Speculating about the identity of a patriotic citizen who didn't want to be a public person, who didn't want reward or condemnation, who just wanted to report a serious problem, is just wrong.

Last edited by acbytesla; 4th November 2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 4th November 2019, 11:54 AM   #110
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Outing a whistleblower is, minor detail here, illegal.
Old 4th November 2019, 11:58 AM   #111
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Didn't take long for the knives to come out and people stop addressing the article and start personalizing it but that's is, as someone recently said here.....SOP
Wah...wah.,wah. The whining never stops. Some people think the facts are important and who the people are is unimportant. And yet others are lying turds who think they should be able to demonize people for simply telling the truth. AKA: Trump and some of his supporters.

The right doesn't want to discuss the extortion scheme concocted by Trump and his crazy lawyer. Instead, they want to attack the person who brought that to the world's attention.

Now, if it was all a big lie, they might have a point. It might matter if this person was a political partisan. But there is NOT a shred of evidence it is a lie. THE FACTS are that President Trump is lying. (What a surprise. lol. ) So who the whistleblower is, is irrelevant.

Is this what you had in mind Applecored? I find your entire thread disgusting. And, I find the article disgusting and the low life scum who published it disgusting.

Speculating about the identity of a patriotic citizen who didn't want to be a public person, who didn't want reward or condemnation, who just wanted to report a serious problem, is just wrong.
The best part of applecorped's complaint is the sheer irony in it. After all, he's defending people who are going out of their way to avoid addressing the specifics of what the whistleblower has said ("the article") in favor of personalizing it (he's a "never-Trumper"). But, as has been said...that's SOP.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 4th November 2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: grammar
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 12:42 PM   #112
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Even when it's about Dear Leader? That calls for an immediate constitutional amendment.
Old 4th November 2019, 01:10 PM   #113
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
The best part of applecorped's complaint is the sheer irony in it. After all, he's defending people who are going out of their way to avoid addressing the specifics of what the whistleblower has said ("the article") in favor of personalizing it (he's a "never-Trumper"). But, as has been said...that's SOP.
It makes you wonder if Applecored sees the irony or he just doesn't care. Hmmmm.
Old 4th November 2019, 03:00 PM   #114
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Just wait for the reaction when Trump shoots the whistleblower.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 03:11 PM   #115
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I honestly am scared that 2024, if he wins relection in 2020,Donnie will try to stay in power.And he mindless supporters will cheer him on.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 03:20 PM   #116
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I honestly am scared that 2024, if he wins relection in 2020,Donnie will try to stay in power.And he mindless supporters will cheer him on.
I'm afraid that Trump could lose the popular vote by 3 times what Trump lost it by in 2016 and still win the electoral vote in 2020.
Old 4th November 2019, 04:53 PM   #117
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'm afraid that Trump could lose the popular vote by 3 times what Trump lost it by in 2016 and still win the electoral vote in 2020.
If that its true, then it demonstrates even more just how undemocratic the electoral system is.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 05:02 PM   #118
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
If that its true, then it demonstrates even more just how undemocratic the electoral system is.
I think that was demonstrated clearly in 2000 and 2016 already.
Old 4th November 2019, 06:34 PM   #119
d4m10n
Illuminator

...one who has “some indicia of an arguable political bias…in favor of a rival political candidate"

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

Last edited by d4m10n; 4th November 2019 at 06:47 PM.
d4m10n is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 06:39 PM   #120
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

[
Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Please resize this .jpg or delete it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics