ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Eric Ciaramella , whistleblower issues , whistleblowers

Old 4th November 2019, 06:48 PM   #121
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Please resize this .jpg or delete it.
If only there were a third way.
d4m10n is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 06:48 PM   #122
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Didn't take long for the knives to come out and people stop addressing the article and start personalizing it but that's is, as someone recently said here.....SOP
OK - addressing the article: Nobody legitimately cares.

Quite a few illegitimates carry on about it as if it made some kind of difference, but there is no valid reason to care.
Because of the multiple corroborations of the report, that cat is out of the bag, that parrot is truly deceased, that train has left the station, too little, too late, crying over spilled milk, those horses are gone and it is too late to close that barn door, crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 06:52 PM   #123
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
If only there were a third way.
If only. Great jpg, but it really screws up the page.

That works. Thanks.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.

Last edited by acbytesla; 4th November 2019 at 06:55 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 06:58 PM   #124
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
The woman, Alexandra Chalupa, was paid $412,000 from 2004 to June 2016 by the DNC.
Adjusted for inflation, that's about 3 Stormy's.
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:18 PM   #125
Belz...
Fiend God

If only. Great jpg, but it really screws up the page.
Does it? It's not wider than the usual posts.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:25 PM   #126
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Does it? It's not wider than the usual posts.
All I know is on my Android tablet it blows up the page. And the other posts are maybe 1/3rd their normal width.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:25 PM   #127
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
If that its true, then it demonstrates even more just how undemocratic the electoral system is.
I think that was demonstrated clearly in 2000 and 2016 already.
That's why I said "even more".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:28 PM   #128
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Trump's demand that the Whistleblower be identified is encouraging the breaking of a law i.e. incitement.

Quote:
In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime. Depending on the jurisdiction, some or all types of incitement may be illegal. Where illegal, it is known as an inchoate offense, where harm is intended but may or may not have actually occurred.
Lock. Him. Up.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2019, 07:37 PM   #129
Belz...
Fiend God

All I know is on my Android tablet it blows up the page. And the other posts are maybe 1/3rd their normal width.
You young people and your smartphones.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 06:08 AM   #130
d4m10n
Illuminator

Okay, so, second try on the image:

untitled.jpg

Again, the link:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

My point is that this thread exists to intimidate the (alleged) messenger rather than rationally discredit the message.

So far, nothing has been presented to persuade us that the (alleged) whistleblower didn't have his or her facts straight.

Last edited by d4m10n; 5th November 2019 at 06:09 AM.
d4m10n is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 06:10 AM   #131
Belz...
Fiend God

"Who are you going to believe? A democrat?"

Old 5th November 2019, 06:46 AM   #132
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, imagine if the entire justice system operated the way Trumpublicans are saying that it should with this whisleblower.....
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 06:48 AM   #133
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Wow, imagine if the entire justice system operated the way Trumpublicans are saying that it should with this whisleblower.....
There would be no whistleblowers.

Hence those laws.

Old 5th November 2019, 07:22 AM   #134
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I had not heard of that particular logical fallacy, but by name I'd think it would be something like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fallacy.jpg (38.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 5th November 2019, 08:00 AM   #135
Suddenly
No Punting

It makes being a defense attorney more interesting.

Officer: We found a body under the bridge. It had a note on it in the defendant's handwriting saying "I killed this guy because I'm above the law and there is nothing you can do about it" Also, the dead man had a smartphone in his hands that contained a video of the incident where the defendant fired a gun at him. Also, we have tweets from the defendant acknowledging his shooting the victim.

Def atty: Officer, who told you about the body?

Officer: Some guy who was in the area putting up Bernie Sanders campaign signs.

Def atty" MOVE TO DISMISS THAT GUY WAS BIASED MY CLIENT IS A REPUBLICAN AND ALL OF THIS IS TAINTED HOW DARE THEY ASRGGHHGHGHGH!!!!!

Trump Appointee Judge: Yeah, good point. Case dismissed.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 05:37 PM   #136
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It is simple really;

DEATH TO ALL FOES OF DEAR LEADER!

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 06:56 PM   #137
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Trump cultists gonna cult.
Old 6th November 2019, 10:29 PM   #138
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
For some reason, I'm reminded of the Spongebob movie where residents of Bikini Bottom went around with a bucket on their heads chanting "ALL HAIL PLANKTON!"
Old 7th November 2019, 07:16 AM   #139
Drewbot
Philosopher

I just know that the Whistleblower's attorney is going to mess up the whole plan.

Today we've got: (from Twitter)

Mark Zaid predicting a coup in 2017
Mark Zaid's YouTube channel that he linked to from his website showing his love of Disney Girl videos.
Mark Zaid's foundation having John Podesta sitting on it's board.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2019, 07:29 AM   #140
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
I just know that the Whistleblower's attorney is going to mess up the whole plan.

Today we've got: (from Twitter)

Mark Zaid predicting a coup in 2017
We've gone over this. Disliking the President means **** all, and one can do their job while having a political bias.

Mark Zaid's YouTube channel that he linked to from his website showing his love of Disney Girl videos.
I'm still looking for a credible link to this because not even Fox has posted it but have posted on the "coup" statement. Sorry, I don't find Twitter trustworthy and the only website I can actually find that supports this is named "NOQ".

Mark Zaid's foundation having John Podesta sitting on it's board.
Per the man himself:

Quote:
I love watching right wing spin my so-called relationship to @johnpodesta bc of his listed affiliation as "advisor" to @JMadisonProject, which I founded in 1998. I believe last time I interacted w/Mr. Podesta was possibly in 2000, nearly 20 years ago.
It certainly doesn't seem like Podesta is actually involved in any way, and they don't get together. Podesta had a lot of people fooled. It sucks this guy is one of them.

I don't know this guy, and if he's a douche then he's a douche. That doesn't change the fact that Trump shouldn't be trying to out the whistleblower, **** like this is good for nothing other than a lame attempt at discrediting the whistleblower and his attorney, and the whistleblower is irrelevant because Trump and the transcript confirmed everything both whistleblowers have said.

tl;dr Who gives a ******

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2019, 03:10 AM   #141
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

The whistle blower could be a convicted serial killer, it doesn't matter. What he's reported is collaborated by many other known witnesses. In fact, the whistle blower could go into hiding, or try to retract his report and it wouldn't matter at this point.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2019, 03:29 AM   #142
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The whistle blower could be a convicted serial killer, it doesn't matter. What he's reported is collaborated by many other known witnesses. In fact, the whistle blower could go into hiding, or try to retract his report and it wouldn't matter at this point.
Ah, but you forget that he represents a case of "The Fruit of the Poisonous Tree"!

You know, the principle that if you find 20 murdered bodies in someone's cellar and video of a guy doing the killing after an illegal search, it means that the guy is innocent.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics