ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Milo Yiannopoulos , racism issues , racisms incidents , Richard Spencer , white nationalists

Old 5th November 2019, 06:41 AM   #1
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Fascist infighting: Milo publishes Richard Spencer slur-filled rant

Milo, apparently frustrated that he is has kicked off nearly every meaningful platform and abandoned by the far-right media, has published a video of Richard Spencer ranting after the Charlottesville fascist rally. Spencer uses multiple racial slurs throughout and angrily spews white supremacist talking points.

Link to a twitter thread that has a link to the article. The direct link is broken because the autocensor bot is editing the slur ridden URL.
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/statu...17579999858688

Twitter link that goes directly to the rant: https://twitter.com/atheist_cvnt/sta...57832546041856

This is not a surprise to anyone that has wasn't fooled by the "dapper" packaging of Richard Spencer. Hoping that everyone will rub CCN's nose in this video, as they have previously gave Spencer access to their international platform. Ethno nationalism is still repugnant trash, even if it is wrapped up in a professional, clean cut packaging.

You hate to see it.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 5th November 2019 at 06:46 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 06:57 AM   #2
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Octaroons is a word that you don't hear much any more.
Old 5th November 2019, 07:05 AM   #3
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
"I rule the f...ing world!" Richard Spencer.
Okay.
newyorkguy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 07:14 AM   #4
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
It does sound to the modern ear like something Prue and Paul would set as a technical challenge. Steff's would be great but dramatic, David's would be adequate, and Henry's would be awful because there's more to baking than being cougarbait. Sorry, Henry, you're sweet but everybody over the age of 40 can see right through you, you adorable saucy minx.
Old 5th November 2019, 07:20 AM   #5
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

I have to agree with some small part of Milo's gripe. It is a bit silly that he was deplatformed from pretty much every social media site while people like Spencer remain online.

All these folks should have been exiled to Gab-land years ago.
Old 5th November 2019, 07:22 AM   #6
catsmate
No longer the 1

I wonder how many recognise it offgand? And will hexadecaroon make a return?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.

Last edited by catsmate; 5th November 2019 at 07:24 AM.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 07:25 AM   #7
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Don't you hate it when something occurs in real life that makes nonsense of your slash fic?
Old 5th November 2019, 07:51 AM   #8
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Don't you hate it when something occurs in real life that makes nonsense of your slash fic?
Just a lovers spat. Though Milo's black husband makes things even stranger.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 08:24 AM   #9
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

How can this be?

Originally Posted by Richard Spencer
I am not a racist
This sort of proclamation is used as evidence of non-racism by apologists, e.g. Trump apologists, even on a forum for skeptics.
Old 5th November 2019, 08:57 AM   #10
d4m10n
Illuminator

Fun fact: My biological father fits the definition, in the sense that he was ~12.5% African by descent, which would make me a hexadecaroon.

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
And will hexadecaroon make a return?
Lordy, I hope so.

Last edited by d4m10n; 5th November 2019 at 09:02 AM.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:07 AM   #11
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder how long Milo had access to this recording before releasing it.

It's a bit hard to be impressed with him turning on Spencer now. Would he have released it had he not been de-platformed himself? Or would he have silently kept it to himself?
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:09 AM   #12
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
How can this be?

This sort of proclamation is used as evidence of non-racism by apologists, e.g. Trump apologists, even on a forum for skeptics.
To be fair, non-racists say that as well.

I think Spencer of all people saying this shows that he knows that the racists are poorly regarded in our society. I see that as a good thing.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:30 AM   #13
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
To be fair, non-racists say that as well.

I think Spencer of all people saying this shows that he knows that the racists are poorly regarded in our society. I see that as a good thing.
Racist virtue signaling?
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:31 AM   #14
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

How can this be?

There were fine people on both sides.
Old 5th November 2019, 10:34 AM   #15
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by autumn1971 View Post
Racist virtue signaling?
Something like this:
"See, I'm not racist. I don't think blacks are inferior scum. I just think they should be chained and either put to work or returned to their continent of origin because, see, the two races can't coexist this way. It's destructive. Now, don't feel bad if you agree with me. You're not really racists either, you see?"

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:47 AM   #16
CORed
Philosopher

How can this be?

Originally Posted by Richard Spencer
I am not a racist.
Actually, my experience is that somebody who feels the need to declare that they are not a racist almost invariably is a racist.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:48 AM   #17
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Actually, my experience is that somebody who feels the need to declare that they are not a racist almost invariably is a racist.
Well, that's not my experience. Given the, ahem, broadening of the use of the term, plenty of people have had to defend against spurrious accusations, even on this forum. Your logic above would make everyone who defends themselves so a racist.

That said, Spencer is a racist.

Old 5th November 2019, 12:01 PM   #18
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

This apparently happened because Milo is trying to get another Nazi in charge of the Nazi's, a Nazi who is fully behind Trump. Apparently Spencer is a bad Nazi because he is waning in his support for Trump. Not killing enough minorities it seems.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:05 PM   #19
Distracted1
Illuminator

Clearly.
If an accused racist floats they should obviously be burned because the water has rejected them. It is only when they drown that they prove themselves to be non-racist.
Old 5th November 2019, 12:08 PM   #20
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Clearly.
If an accused racist floats they should obviously be burned because the water has rejected them. It is only when they drown that they prove themselves to be non-racist.
What color is the water?
Old 5th November 2019, 12:23 PM   #21
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
What color is the water?
Or, perhaps more important, have any people of the wrong color previously been in the water?
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:37 PM   #22
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

The pair of them are something I would need to scrape off my shoe after a walk in a dog park.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:44 PM   #23
Mumbles
Philosopher

The interesting part of this isn't his supervillain meltdown - anyone with the slightest clue understood years ago that the guy was nothing but a nazi wannabe.

And really, it's not that Milo has turned to this now that he's deeply in debt. Wow, the same guy that advanced a philosophy that wanted him deal, and switched his position on a dime as soon as he saw an opportunity to make money off of maladjusted white guys via Gamergate turns out to have few to no principles? What a shock.

The problem is the large number of people who took both people, along with benefactors like Dolt 45, Steve Bannon, and so forth as good-natured, harmless rapscallions who just want free speech, rather than people who outright advocated violence in the name of white supremacism - which again has been obvious from the start - and who insisted, against all evidence, that it was really the feminists/antifa/whoever that are just forcing those poor, misunderstood white guys into marching around with torches and chanting about the Jews.

Yet again, the only point of guys like the above is to clog any effort at dialogue between good people, regardless of political ideas, in favor of grifting and targetting hatred towards individuals (In Milo's case, to the point of mocking individual students who had nothing to do with himon his scumbag college tour). David Rubin, Bill Maher, and until the Charolettesville white nationalist riot even the ACLU fell for that nonsense.

Let's hope Milo puts out as much info as possible, and everyone continues to ignore him aside from that.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 12:56 PM   #24
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?

Last edited by Beerina; 5th November 2019 at 01:04 PM.
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 04:11 PM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

There is nothing in the world more entertaining then watching two Neo Nazis beat up on each other.
As to Spencer's "I am the F..g King Of The World" rant, I kept on exepcting the Hulk to grab him and rag doll him...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 04:54 PM   #26
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
There is nothing in the world more entertaining then watching two Neo Nazis beat up on each other.
As to Spencer's "I am the F..g King Of The World" rant, I kept on exepcting the Hulk to grab him and rag doll him...
I was thinking Charlie Sheen.
Old 5th November 2019, 07:06 PM   #27
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I was thinking Charlie Sheen.
That works too.
But Spencer has pretty much shot to hell his whole "But I am not a racist" routine.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 07:11 PM   #28
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Oh for gawd's sake!

Put the pair of them in a bucket, put a lid on it, put some bricks on the lid, and let them fight it out. The winner can eat the other and then be left to starve to death.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 07:44 PM   #29
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Oh for gawd's sake!

Put the pair of them in a bucket, put a lid on it, put some bricks on the lid, and let them fight it out. The winner can eat the other and then be left to starve to death.
Call it "The Dusk of Lengthy Stilettos" or some such.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 08:07 PM   #30
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Call it "The Dusk of Lengthy Stilettos" or some such.
For these bozos, "insufficient light of the butter-spreaders" would suffice.
Old 5th November 2019, 09:58 PM   #31
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

In my experience the far-right is even more fractious than the far-left, something which I attribute to the Fuhrer Principle. I take some comfort from that. I've never fretted at all about the far-left, they're far too ineffectual to worry about.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:01 PM   #32
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Or, perhaps more important, have any people of the wrong color previously been in the water?
So homeopathy is racist now? Has Political Correctness gone mad?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:20 PM   #33
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

That works too.
But Spencer has pretty much shot to hell his whole "But I am not a racist" routine.
"I'm not a racist but I believe in race."

Old 6th November 2019, 03:40 AM   #34
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

That works too.
I doubt it. Everyone who cared knew he was a nazi, and that hasn't hurt him yet.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 05:22 AM   #35
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

More infighting, and this article states that the recent airing of dirty laundry is part of a longer feud going on within the far right.

Spencer's right hand man has been doxxed. Apparently doxxing their own people is the weapon of choice for these goons when it comes to fighting among themselves.

https://itsgoingdown.org/alt-right-t...-in-woke-band/

As far as I can tell, there is a rift opening among the fascists between the Richard Spencer faction and the Nick Fuentes faction, largely due to support of Trump and the old "optics vs purity" conflict. I fully expect more doxxing and nastiness between these fine folks. It's a damn shame.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 6th November 2019 at 05:31 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 06:10 AM   #36
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

When do the trailer park brawls start after someone sleeps with someone else’s wife and/or stepdaughter?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2019, 06:13 AM   #37
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
When do the trailer park brawls start after someone sleeps with someone else’s wife and/or stepdaughter?
Already been there.

"It all began Monday in an Indiana trailer park. (Of course, I’ll give you a minute to find a chair, because any story that starts with “It all began in an Indiana trailer park” is going to be good.)

According to the Daily Beast, Heimbach had been sleeping with Parrott’s wife, Jessica, for a while. Heimbach, meanwhile, is married to Parrott’s stepdaughter from a previous marriage. Now, I know you think this all sounds like a “white trash circus”—as Parrott called it—but how else are they supposed to keep their race “superior”?"

https://www.theroot.com/1823831025
Old 6th November 2019, 06:14 AM   #38
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

That’s what I was referring to.....

Old 6th November 2019, 06:23 AM   #39
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

"I don't speak German" podcast has great coverage on this incident. It is delightful. https://idontspeakgerman.libsyn.com/...alist-movement

It is affectionately referred to as "the day the box broke", referring to the box the son was using as a stool to spy on the illicit affair, which broke under his weight and instigated the violent conflict. Also referred to as "the night of the wrong wives", pun very much intended.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 6th November 2019 at 06:25 AM.
Old 6th November 2019, 10:29 AM   #40
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. People who talk about maintaining the purity of the white race are the kind of people who would be prevented from breeding under a sensible eugenics program.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics