IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Robert Menard , Russia conspiracies

Old 24th March 2021, 11:20 AM   #81
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
Has anyone just considered that Menard is just an opportunist, conman and dickhead and nothing more?
I'm pretty sure almost all of us have considered exactly that possibility, and found it perfectly cromulent.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 12:12 PM   #82
arayder
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Supporting legislation is not usually regarded as traitorous. Especially when the legislation has nothing to do with overthrowing the gov't or benefiting an enemy. That's a really weak argument.

If I were to support the legalization of slavery through legislation, there's a lot you could call me, but treasonous isn't plausible.

And the notion that Menard is authoritarian is equally laughable. He's cottoned onto ridiculous exagerations of libertarianism, not authoritarianism. Mind you, supporting the law against face coverings is a poor fit with his political "theory", but so what? Doesn't make him an authoritarian.
I beg to differ. The Quebec statue robbing Muslims of their right to practice their religion is contrary to every charter of human rights known to mankind. Just because it's legislation doesn't mean it's not tyranny.

Menard was a hypocrite to support the statute since he's proclaimed himself a champion of personal freedom.

And Menard isn't a libertarian. He borrows any philosophy that fits his narcissistic need at the moment. One minute he's an anarchist. The next he's a proponent of direct democracy. Then he's a sovcit. Then he's just for "good government".

When he's was with some Muslim haters or some Nazis he plays their tune.

It might be more accurate to argue against my contention that he's an closeted authoritarian by saying he's nothing at all.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 12:23 PM   #83
arayder
Master Poster

Has anyone just considered that Menard is just an opportunist, conman and dickhead and nothing more?
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I'm pretty sure almost all of us have considered exactly that possibility, and found it perfectly cromulent.
Yeah, he's con man who will sell out his country just as easily as he'll con the gullible who buy his phony legal advice.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 12:35 PM   #84
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

We're arguing against your contention that he's a traitor. Nothing you've listed is particularly treasonous.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 12:36 PM   #85
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Yeah, he's con man who will sell out his country just as easily as he'll con the gullible who buy his phony legal advice.
Sell out his country to who? The Russians? How much are they paying him?
Old 25th March 2021, 12:48 PM   #86
arayder
Master Poster

Being a small time traitor is still being a traitor.

It seems laughable to us now, but Menard tried to start his own private police force.

He was still pitching the idea years after the courts had told him he had no such authority.

Like I say, it seems like a joke to us now, but at one point he was openly talking about out gunning the cops.
Old 25th March 2021, 01:09 PM   #87
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

It seems laughable to us now, but Menard tried to start his own private police force.

He was still pitching the idea years after the courts had told him he had no such authority.

Like I say, it seems like a joke to us now, but at one point he was openly talking about out gunning the cops.
None of what you have listed seems particularly treasonous. Who is he supposedly betraying the country to? The Russians?
Old 25th March 2021, 01:21 PM   #88
arayder
Master Poster

None of what you have listed seems particularly treasonous. Who is he supposedly betraying the country to? The Russians?
Then there was the time he told his gullible followers they could take possession of public lands and form their own "freeman valley".

He got some "likes" on the idea and started pumping the gullible for funds.

So the answer is that he'll sell his country out to anyone. Got money? Got Mooseheads? Got some weed? Got a house I can sit 'cause I got nowhere to live?

Got some trolls who'll talk me up?

Last edited by arayder; 25th March 2021 at 01:25 PM.
Old 25th March 2021, 01:42 PM   #89
arayder
Master Poster

Bobby chimes in:

Quote:
Robert Menard
4h ·
At heart, I am a soldier, and when I stand it is not because I want to fight, but because I do not want to suffer what is even worse. I do not stand because I hate what is front of me, but because I love what is behind me. Every attack is merely a larger defense.
And that is the problem I have when someone calls me ‘ANTI-ANYTHING’.
They seek to diminish my intent and sully my purpose, goals, and reasons, and want to place focus not on what I love, but on what they want others to think I hate. It is a most pervasive and subtle strawman argument, and is designed to redefine the very purpose of the stand.
They try to take the love of one thing, and exchange it for hatred of something completely different.
I call bull! Bobby, you are a lying sob.

You got caught dead to rights supporting legislation that denied Muslims the right to practice their religion.

You got caught red handed acting the Nazi apologist for holocaust deniers at your forum!

You have consistently denied the authority of Canadian law, the Canadian constitution and your nation's Charter of Rights and Freedoms!

More people are catching on to you!

Bobby 2.0 won't work!
Old 25th March 2021, 01:51 PM   #90
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Then there was the time he told his gullible followers they could take possession of public lands and form their own "freeman valley".

He got some "likes" on the idea and started pumping the gullible for funds.

So the answer is that he'll sell his country out to anyone. Got money? Got Mooseheads? Got some weed? Got a house I can sit 'cause I got nowhere to live?

Got some trolls who'll talk me up?
Defrauding people by pretending to sell them land you don't own isn't treason, even when it's government land.

Now, actually receiving payment from a foreign power to enable or support their seizure of land would be treason (probably would be treason even without any explicit payment).

So the answer isn't that he'll sell his country out to anyone. The answer is that he'll pretend to sell government land. Which isn't treason.

Like if Mendard conned Putin into giving him a million Canadian dollars in exchange for Nova Scotia, a piece of Canadia that he doesn't own and can't actually sell, that wouldn't be treason. That would just be fraud.

But if he somehow arranged to deliver Nova Scotia over to Russian occupation forces, that would be treason. (Though, if it's a package deal that includes Menard himself, Canadia might just say "good riddance" and leave it at that.)
Old 25th March 2021, 01:53 PM   #91
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Bobby chimes in:

I call bull! Bobby, you are a lying sob.

You got caught dead to rights supporting legislation that denied Muslims the right to practice their religion.

You got caught red handed acting the Nazi apologist for holocaust deniers at your forum!

You have consistently denied the authority of Canadian law, the Canadian constitution and your nation's Charter of Rights and Freedoms!

More people are catching on to you!

Bobby 2.0 won't work!
My dude, you are having an argument with someone who isn't even on this forum. You don't need to put on this show for our benefit. We all recognize your anti-Menard bona fides. We all already agree that Menard is a jackass. This isn't even preaching to the choir anymore. This is just ranting at the sky while the choir wonders when choir practice is actually going to be over.
Old 25th March 2021, 02:09 PM   #92
arayder
Master Poster

I didn't say Bobby is guilty of the crime of treason.

I said he was a traitor
Old 25th March 2021, 02:17 PM   #93
arayder
Master Poster

My dude, you are having an argument with someone who isn't even on this forum. . .
Yeah, Bobby used to be a member here but he got tossed after he got mad and handed out his user name and password to his freeman buddies, telling them to spam the blazes out of the forum.
Old 25th March 2021, 02:40 PM   #94
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't say Bobby is guilty of the crime of treason.

I said he was a traitor
Now you're starting to make the cure look worse than the disease.
Old 25th March 2021, 02:47 PM   #95
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

I beg to differ. The Quebec statue robbing Muslims of their right to practice their religion is contrary to every charter of human rights known to mankind. Just because it's legislation doesn't mean it's not tyranny.
I reckon if you believe that supporting this legislation is "traitorous", you should be more outraged at the legislators involved than Menard.

But it isn't traitorous. I wouldn't call it tyrannical either. I'd call it a serious infraction of freedom of religion and a terrible law, but no, it doesn't make Menard a ******* traitor. That's not what "traitor" means.

Quote:
Menard was a hypocrite to support the statute since he's proclaimed himself a champion of personal freedom.

And Menard isn't a libertarian. He borrows any philosophy that fits his narcissistic need at the moment. One minute he's an anarchist. The next he's a proponent of direct democracy. Then he's a sovcit. Then he's just for "good government".

When he's was with some Muslim haters or some Nazis he plays their tune.

It might be more accurate to argue against my contention that he's an closeted authoritarian by saying he's nothing at all.
Supporting that law doesn't make one an authoritarian. The law was being proposed in a proper, democratically elected body and was not trying to dissolve the body or otherwise do away with democracy.

Not every negative description applies to Menard, arayder. A lot of them do, sure, but not all of them. Supporting this particular bad law doesn't make one an authoritarian, a traitor, a robber baron or an Islanders fan.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 03:06 PM   #96
arayder
Master Poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I reckon if you believe that supporting this legislation is "traitorous", you should be more outraged at the legislators involved than Menard.

But it isn't traitorous. I wouldn't call it tyrannical either. I'd call it a serious infraction of freedom of religion and a terrible law, but no, it doesn't make Menard a ******* traitor. That's not what "traitor" means.

Supporting that law doesn't make one an authoritarian. The law was being proposed in a proper, democratically elected body and was not trying to dissolve the body or otherwise do away with democracy.

Not every negative description applies to Menard, arayder. A lot of them do, sure, but not all of them. Supporting this particular bad law doesn't make one an authoritarian, a traitor, a robber baron or an Islanders fan.
We had this discussion on another thread. If you think a law is acceptable just because it's proposed and passed then you won't have any problem with the black codes of the old south.

I'll go one step further and say Bobby's anti-Muslim rants unmask him as a hypocritical xenophobia hater.

Last edited by arayder; 25th March 2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 25th March 2021, 03:25 PM   #97
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

We had this discussion on another thread. If you think a law is acceptable just because it's proposed and passed then you won't have any problem with the black codes of the old south.
Right, arayder, that's exactly what I said. I said every law is a good law.

What a pathetic ******* straw man, arayder. Do try reading what I wrote and then tell me where I said a damned thing like that.

Quote:
I'll go one step further and say Bobby's anti-Muslim rants unmask him as a hypocritical xenophobia hater.
Sure, that could be. But hypocritical xenophobia does not make one a traitor.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2021, 03:32 PM   #98
arayder
Master Poster

So if someone very vocally supports an authoritarian law, they aren't an authoritarian?

Or are you going to pretend we are talking about traitors now?

Or is it treason you want to talk about?

Last edited by arayder; 25th March 2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 25th March 2021, 04:09 PM   #99
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

So if someone very vocally supports an authoritarian law, they aren't an authoritarian?

Or are you going to pretend we are talking about traitors now?

Or is it treason you want to talk about?
Dude, you were the one talking about traitors, and then switching mid-discussion to authoritarians.

Why is this Menard newsletter so important to you? Nobody is subscribing, but you keep publishing. That's... kinda crackpot behavior.
Old 25th March 2021, 04:23 PM   #100
arayder
Master Poster

Sure you can be a traitor and not be an authoritarian. And vise versa.

So what? Menard is both.

He tells everybody he's all freedom loving and anti-government. . .then he stabs his fellow Canadians in the back by telling them denying Muslims the right to practice their religion supports Canadian culture.

The traitor is the guy behind you with the knife.

He says government has no authority then openly and vocally supports giving the government the power to enforce bold faced religious discrimination.

The authoritarian is the guy making Muslim women take off the face coverings and Jews wear gold stars.

And think about this. . . if he'd gotten away with creating his phony peace officer, C3PO thing we could be treated to a corps of Bobby Brown shirts enforcing Bill 21.

That's not important?

Last edited by arayder; 25th March 2021 at 04:27 PM.
Old 26th March 2021, 05:50 AM   #101
arayder
Master Poster

Three questions for Herr Lurker:

Did you, or did you not, support Quebec's Bill 21 which denies Muslims the right to practice their religion?

Did you, or did you not, support the holocaust deniers at your world freeman society forum (one was the forum manager)?

Did the ACCP subscribers every get any of their money back?

-----------

Careful, Herr Lurker. Your friends are lurking here too.

Last edited by arayder; 26th March 2021 at 05:53 AM.
Old 26th March 2021, 10:33 AM   #102
Joe Random
Master Poster

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/id%C3%A9e%20fixe
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2021, 11:02 AM   #103
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Three questions for Herr Lurker:

Did you, or did you not, support Quebec's Bill 21 which denies Muslims the right to practice their religion?

Did you, or did you not, support the holocaust deniers at your world freeman society forum (one was the forum manager)?

Did the ACCP subscribers every get any of their money back?

-----------

Careful, Herr Lurker. Your friends are lurking here too.
Jesus christ, dude. This is not a good look for you.
Old 27th March 2021, 10:48 AM   #104
arayder
Master Poster

Oh, I am sorry, theprestige. I forgot you were there.
Old 27th March 2021, 11:06 AM   #105
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, I am sorry, theprestige. I forgot you were there.
Maybe if you spent less time talking to people who aren't there?
Old 27th March 2021, 01:32 PM   #106
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Thread is weird. Just two people going back and forth.
Old 27th March 2021, 02:47 PM   #107
SteveAitch
Muse

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
Maybe they couldn't get a room?

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2021, 04:45 PM   #108
arayder
Master Poster

How convenient for Menard apologists that this thread has become the subject of ridicule.

As the milquetoast equivocate Bobby is trying to recruit another generation of freemen wannabes by telling the gullible they are above the rule of just law.
Old 27th March 2021, 05:19 PM   #109
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

How convenient for Menard apologists that this thread has become the subject of ridicule.

As the milquetoast equivocate Bobby is trying to recruit another generation of freemen wannabes by telling the gullible they are above the rule of just law.
Um, right. And if only people would not point out that this talk of Menard as a Russian agent is stupid, then Menard would be stopped. Dammit, people, think of the gullible! Let arayder do his work in peace!
Old 27th March 2021, 05:33 PM   #110
arayder
Master Poster

According to some Menard isn't a xenophobic, Muslim hating, Nazi apologist either.
Old 27th March 2021, 05:45 PM   #111
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
It's a discussion forum. Sometimes it's a small discussion. Normally I skip the Menard newsletter, but this issue is kinda interesting.

Last edited by theprestige; 27th March 2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 27th March 2021, 05:48 PM   #112
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I doubt this thread matters much to Menard one way or the other. But this thread didn't become ridiculous. It started out ridiculous.
Old 27th March 2021, 06:05 PM   #113
arayder
Master Poster

I doubt this thread matters much to Menard one way or the other. But this thread didn't become ridiculous. It started out ridiculous.
Don't kid yourself. Menard is attempting a come back and has restarted his legal advice business which if allowed to continue will ruin everybody who avails themselves of it.

I am not the naive one here.

Menard has no problem spouting the same anti-democracy, anti-Canadian, anti-freedom line we hear daily out of the Kremlin.

He's a traitor to his country.
Old 27th March 2021, 06:10 PM   #114
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

So you keep saying, but what are you going to do about it?
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2021, 06:20 PM   #115
arayder
Master Poster

So you keep saying, but what are you going to do about it?
I've already turned him into the Association of Canadian Law Societies for playing lawyer. When tried his ACCP scam I alerted the Canadian Restaurant Association.

There isn't anybody I won't turn him in to when the time comes.
Old 27th March 2021, 06:24 PM   #116
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

I've already turned him into the Association of Canadian Law Societies for playing lawyer. When tried his ACCP scam I alerted the Canadian Restaurant Association.

There isn't anybody I won't turn him in to when the time comes.
In that case, keep up the good work!
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2021, 06:30 PM   #117
arayder
Master Poster

In that case, keep up the good work!
You can count on it. :-)
Old 27th March 2021, 06:34 PM   #118
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Don't kid yourself. Menard is attempting a come back and has restarted his legal advice business which if allowed to continue will ruin everybody who avails themselves of it.

I am not the naive one here.
All I'm saying is, whatever Menard's plans are, this thread probably doesn't matter to them.

Quote:
Menard has no problem spouting the same anti-democracy, anti-Canadian, anti-freedom line we hear daily out of the Kremlin.
We hear an anti-Canadian line out of the Kremlin?

Quote:
Only if we dilute "traitor" so much that it carries only homeopathic meaning.

Now, if you could provide evidence that Menard is actually a Russian agent, in some meaningful way that involved actual agency by the Russians, I'd be the first to agree he's a traitor.
Old 27th March 2021, 07:18 PM   #119
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

All I'm saying is, whatever Menard's plans are, this thread probably doesn't matter to them.

We hear an anti-Canadian line out of the Kremlin?

Only if we dilute "traitor" so much that it carries only homeopathic meaning.

Now, if you could provide evidence that Menard is actually a Russian agent, in some meaningful way that involved actual agency by the Russians, I'd be the first to agree he's a traitor.
Dammit, prestige, he *could* be an agent. How is that not enough?

The man's a traitor.
Old 27th March 2021, 07:20 PM   #120
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Actually I should congratulate arayder for his novel twist on the classic CT "appeal to the lurkers" gambit.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories