ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th June 2019, 06:36 AM   #41
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Yeah, an unstable surface would make it harder. That's also probably why dann found it easier with shoes than barefoot. Arch support.

I think so, too. Whenever I tie my shoelaces, standing on one foot at a time doing it, it's always more difficult with the first shoe. However, I don't usually do so with my eyes closed.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #42
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

I'm reading about brain fluid pressure. It can effect balance, hearing, vision... AND Hypertension.

An MRI while I was hospitalized 6 weeks ago showed optic nerve sheath swelling. No tumors. "Correlation recommended". But I had to find it myself in the 1100 pages of hospitalization reports. Right eye is "lazy", turns inward when I don't have a need to see, And I hear my pulse in the right ear.

Seems the brain fluid runs into the optic nerve sheath and pumps it up if the fluid pressure is too high. The swollen sheath presses on the nerve that controls the eye 'steering' muscle. And also the CSF fluid fills the inner ear. And the brain makes sure the blood pressure is high enough to overcome the CSF pressure.

I suspect the bad disc in my neck is shutting off the out flow down the spinal canal. And that my "essential hypertension" is actually "secondary". Primary care is sending me to a Neuro consult, probably happen this week. There is a medicine,Acetazolamide. It lowers new fluid production, so pressure drops. I'm taking 15 bp pills per day. Plus anti-clot and an anti-arrhythmia. My high is 250/170.

Last edited by casebro; Yesterday at 06:59 PM.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #43
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
I'm reading about brain fluid pressure. It can effect balance, hearing, vision... AND Hypertension.

An MRI while I was hospitalized 6 weeks ago showed optic nerve sheath swelling. No tumors. "Correlation recommended". But I had to find it myself in the 1100 pages of hospitalization reports. Right eye is "lazy", turns inward when I don't have a need to see, And I hear my pulse in the right ear.

Seems the brain fluid runs into the optic nerve sheath and pumps it up if the fluid pressure is too high. The swollen sheath presses on the nerve that controls the eye 'steering' muscle. And also the CSF fluid fills the inner ear. And the brain makes sure the blood pressure is high enough to overcome the CSF pressure.

I suspect the bad disc in my neck is shutting off the out flow down the spinal canal. And that my "essential hypertension" is actually "secondary". Primary care is sending me to a Neuro consult, probably happen this week. There is a medicine, azitomeenay or such. It lowers new fluid production, so pressure drops. I'm taking 15 bp pills per day. Plus anti-clot and an anti-arrhythmia. My high is 250/170.
That's a complicated way to say "it's lupus".
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #44
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
That's a complicated way to say "it's lupus".
It's not Lupus. And "It's not a toomah" either.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology