IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Closed Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 07:03 PM   #8721
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by I am Bigfoot View Post
Ahh. Alright. I was just wondering if you there were special conditions you had to agree to or something.
The only special conditions I agreed to were with Bill personally and that was not to distribute copies of it.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 05:31 AM   #8722
Leroy Blevins
Critical Thinker

The suit they used in the PG film was made by Bob Titmus.
At the time they filmed this Bigfoot Bob Titmus owned a taxidermy shop. He made the suit out of bear hide. The feet they used was the shoes made by Ray Wallace. The face mask was made from a tribe mask from BC.
I have close up of the left hand of the Bigfoot in the film and it shows the left hand is a bear paw. The fur on the suit also match up with bear hide. The feet on the Bigfoot match up with Ray Wallace shoes. The face match up with a tribe mask from BC.
I have a full copy of the PG film and I also have a full copy of the tracking dog film. Plus another film that I can not talk about at this time.
Sorry to say but, Mr.Morris did not make the suit for Roger Patterson.
The run down on this film.
From August 28 through September 3 John Green and Rene Dahinden, Roger Patterson and Jim McClarin was at the bluff creek area doing some filming. They filmed 3 films there that week. The 3 films they shot there
The tracking dog film
The film of Jim McClarin walking the path of the Bigfoot
The PG film.
These was the 3 films that was filmed in that area.
I can prove the film of Jim McClarin walking the path of the Bigfoot at the film site was filmed before 1968 and before they filmed the Bigfoot in the PG film.
The Bigfoot tracks seen in the tracking dog film match the feet on the Bigfoot in the PG film. These same tracks can also be seen in another film called Sasq-The Legend of Bigfoot filmed in 1974 and release in 1977. This documentary film was filmed by Ron Olson and ANE. John Green also helped Ron Olson on this documentary.
There is a lot more I can say and show proof on but, that will have to wait until the right time.
Leroy Blevins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 06:26 AM   #8723
Drewbot
Philosopher

OK, just show one example of your proof.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 01:40 PM   #8724
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Once again there seem to be random claims. Take a look at this

Originally Posted by Leroy Blevins View Post
I have close up of the left hand of the Bigfoot in the film and it shows the left hand is a bear paw.
With a high quality copy of frame 352 we can see her left hand has a long opposable thumb. Bears don't have opposable human thumbs. Also the knuckles are slightly visible as she has her fingers bunched.

original

sharpened with photobucket
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 01:46 PM   #8725
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post

With a high quality copy of frame 352 we can see her left hand has a long opposable thumb. Bears don't have opposable human thumbs. Also the knuckles are slightly visible as she has her fingers bunched.

original
http://i48.tinypic.com/29vgbdh.jpg

sharpened with photobucket
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/...lefthand-1.jpg
Yes, that's all sharpened up and ****.

Rorschach called, he wants his test back.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 01:49 PM   #8726
TheJackal
Thinker

Leroy, please re-post your pictures of the debris pile from the PGF and the Green Film.
TheJackal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 01:56 PM   #8727
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The frame 352 thumb was debunked years ago, OS.

We didn't just get off the bus.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 02:27 PM   #8728
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The "thumb" is just a background shadow blending with Patty's left hand.

Patty's left hand often looks like a mitten or a catcher's mitt.

But again, we are all looking at a poorly resolved subject with a wild background.

Couple shots of Patty's left mitten:

Just for fun, here is Patty heel and toeing for a DUI test, very short stride:

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 02:31 PM   #8729
Óðinn
Muse

The left hand is getting washed out from over-exposure. The full hand can be seen in several frames. It's there. And so is the thumb.

Óðinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 03:10 PM   #8730
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme

Ape-man costume has a thumb on the glove hand.

And...?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 03:11 PM   #8731
rockinkt
Master Poster

Ah Odinn, you make me smile and think of the old Doobie Brothers song penned by Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins. This portion of the song is so perfect...

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
What seems to be is always better than nothing
And nothing at all keeps sending him

Somewhere back in her long ago
Where he can still believe there's a place in her life
Someday, somewhere, she will return

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt

Last edited by rockinkt; 9th July 2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: fix quote used
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 03:15 PM   #8732
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Óðinn is right. The older copies make her hand look like a glove. M.K Davis has frame 352 in 5028 x 3549 pixels. It's maybe the highest quality available right now. http://thedavisreport.files.wordpres...-quality-2.jpg

Here's a comparison

(random google image)

(mk)
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 03:45 PM   #8733
Castro
Muse

Originally Posted by Óðinn View Post
The left hand is getting washed out from over-exposure. The full hand can be seen in several frames. It's there. And so is the thumb.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...n/LeftHand.gif
It could even be an elephant trump IMO, but what's the point? A suit with mittens included isn't extraordinary, is it?

Last edited by Castro; 9th July 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 04:07 PM   #8734
I am Bigfoot
Critical Thinker

What random claims were there before?

And your blown up pictures show nothing really discernible. It's a dark smear.

Also, can you post more than one frame "clearly" showing a thumb? If there is a thumb it'll be in many if not most frames.

Last edited by I am Bigfoot; 9th July 2012 at 04:09 PM.
I am Bigfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 05:53 PM   #8735
GT/CS
Illuminator

Where's Sweaty with his finger bending?

Ah, crap, I can't believe I wrote that!!!

Never mind. We're safe. We need to say his name three times before he appears.

Last edited by GT/CS; 9th July 2012 at 05:54 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 05:54 PM   #8736
Kilaak Kommander
Critical Thinker

The older copies make her hand look like a glove. M.K Davis has frame 352 in 5028 x 3549 pixels. It's maybe the highest quality available right now.
A high resolution blob is still a blob. No amount of digital enhancery will reveal details that do not exist in the original film.

You know those scenes on CSI where they blow up a grainy security cam video and read the inscription on the perp's wristwatch? That's fiction. You can't actually do that.
Kilaak Kommander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 06:01 PM   #8737
AttorneyTom
Muse

Of course there are thumbs ! How else would he get the suit on ?? Now that I think about it .. I have actually seen Bob's thumbs !
AttorneyTom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 06:21 PM   #8738
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Suit or not, BobH wasn't there that day. Firstly, the creek wasn't dry like he said. It was late October and the creek was running. The creek is seen running in the film. Also, the soil wasn't white like he said. The white soil is a product of the films over-exposure like Óðinn said. Don't you guys get it? He studied the film by just looking at it. He wasn't there at all.

Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 9th July 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 9th July 2012, 06:29 PM   #8739
I am Bigfoot
Critical Thinker

Suit or not, BobH wasn't there that day. Firstly, the creek wasn't dry like he said. It was late October and the creek was running. The creek is seen running in the film. Also, the soil wasn't white like he said. The white soil is a product of the films over-exposure like Óðinn said. Don't you guys get it? He studied the film by just looking at it. He wasn't there at all.

Ok? I don't really believe him much anyways.

Or anyone that thinks staring at this video for long hours will do much of anything.
I am Bigfoot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 06:44 PM   #8740
GT/CS
Illuminator

Good point. No-one cares what Bob H. says, and no-one cares if he was there or not.
The PGF fails on it's own, without Bob saying a word.
It's so obviously a bloke in a suit that Ontario even agrees. At least I assume that's what, "Suit or not....." means.
Old 9th July 2012, 06:53 PM   #8741
AttorneyTom
Muse

So.. Why did he post that he believes the PGF is the greatest proof of BF ??? and Ninjas... gosh ?
AttorneyTom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 06:59 PM   #8742
Jodie
Philosopher

I got lost at Leroy's post, the subsequent pics just look like blobs to me too. I have a question, does pareidolia play a big part in both the skeptical and proponent view of the PGF? I see nothing conclusive either way you look at it to be honest.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 07:11 PM   #8743
GT/CS
Illuminator

IMO Patty walks exactly like a bloke in a suit. None of the wrinkles, hernias, fingers, calf muscles, or any of the other imaginary things in the photos make any difference.

Animals don't walk that way, especially apes, but blokes in suits do, end of story.

I know that's not the scientific method, or how skeptics should prove their points, but when I was a child I could tell that Patty was not a real bigfoot. And if an 8 year old kid could see the obvious it must be pretty darned obvious.

Sometimes common sense just needs to prevail.

Last edited by GT/CS; 9th July 2012 at 07:17 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 07:12 PM   #8744
AttorneyTom
Muse

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I got lost at Leroy's post, the subsequent pics just look like blobs to me too. I have a question, does pareidolia play a big part in both the skeptical and proponent view of the PGF? I see nothing conclusive either way you look at it to be honest.
umm.. Leroy has seen BF. So.. no.. but yes.. but no ? He thinks it is a suit.. but he has seen those guys.

So.. no.. but no.. but yes.. but no ? Something like that.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:15 PM   #8745
I am Bigfoot
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
It definitely plays a huge part in the believer camp. Maybe some in the skeptic camp. The thumb argument isn't one of those times where skeptics are seeing things. Sometimes proponents will post pictures saying "Look a [anatomical feature]!" and sometimes those "anatomical features" are clearly debris in the background if you look at the surrounding frames. Some of SweatyYeti's arguments relied on using debris in the background when he went on his BS-ing spree in this thread. He probably still does it on BFF.

That said, I don't think OS was necessarily referring to background debris and there was some confusion or something. But OS is rather surprised that a costume might have fingers.

Leroy's post is a bit of a mess. It would be nice if he backed up some of his claims. Or preferably all of them.

Last edited by I am Bigfoot; 9th July 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:25 PM   #8746
AttorneyTom
Muse

Originally Posted by I am Bigfoot View Post
It definitely plays a huge part in the believer camp. Maybe some in the skeptic camp. The thumb argument isn't one of those times where skeptics are seeing things. Sometimes proponents will post pictures saying "Look a [anatomical feature]!" and sometimes those "anatomical features" are clearly debris in the background if you look at the surrounding frames. Some of SweatyYeti's arguments relied on using debris in the background when he went on his BS-ing spree in this thread. He probably still does it on BFF.

That said, I don't think OS was necessarily referring to background debris and there was some confusion or something. But OS is rather surprised that a costume might have fingers.

Leroy's post is a bit of a mess. It would be nice if he backed up some of his claims. Or preferably all of them.
He wont.. just pops up now and then. Mr. B has seen BF and is a believer of them but doesnt believe the PGF ? Sort of a hybrid thing. I asked him to detail his encounter several months ago but he disappeared and did not respond.

It takes a village to raise a Bigfoot .
Old 9th July 2012, 07:25 PM   #8747
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
With a high quality copy of frame 352 we can see her left hand has a long opposable thumb.
OS said Patty's thumb was opposable. There's no evidence whatsoever of an opposable thumb. There's nothing in Odinn's example that indicates an opposable thumb.

Footers need that thumb to stick out.

Old 9th July 2012, 07:31 PM   #8748
AttorneyTom
Muse

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
OS said Patty's thumb was opposable. There's no evidence whatsoever of an opposable thumb. There's nothing in Odinn's example that indicates an opposable thumb.

Footers need that thumb to stick out.
I am thinking what they are mistaking for thumbs might be some Zagnut Bars ? I have defintive proof of this but I cannot disclose this until a later time. Must unwrap them first etc... but we will let you know, okay ? Cannot disclose the full story as it would not be appropriate.. timely.. fun... or interesting.

Plus .. well my fawcet is leaking and I have to work on that first !

Last edited by AttorneyTom; 9th July 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:45 PM   #8749
Leroy Blevins
Critical Thinker

Here is a image of a close up of the left hand.

As you see the left hand is not like a humans hand it is rounded off and match up to a bear paw.

For years these people claim the arms on this Bigfoot was right at the knees or even past the knees but as you see in this image, frames from the PG film that shows the hands of the Bigfoot is just below the buttocks just like our hand do.

As asked.
As you see two frames from 2 different films.

The things we see in the film of Jim McClarin walking the path of the Bigfoot we don't see in the PG film and as it was told the PG film was filmed 1 years earlier.
Now if the PG film was filmed before the film of Jim McClarin then we should see the changes in the film of Jim McClarin. However as you see the changes happen in the PG film and not in the film of Jim McClarin. By this the film of Jim McClarin walking the path of the Bigfoot was filmed before the PG film. And by this how did Jim McClarin knew the path the Bigfoot was going to walk?
I talked to Jim McClarin on facebook and shown him these frames and I ask him about this and he said I have no answer for you.
Leroy Blevins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th July 2012, 07:50 PM   #8750
AttorneyTom
Muse

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=5707

As you see the left hand is not like a humans hand it is rounded off and match up to a bear paw.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=5669
For years these people claim the arms on this Bigfoot was right at the knees or even past the knees but as you see in this image, frames from the PG film that shows the hands of the Bigfoot is just below the buttocks just like our hand do.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=5615
As asked.
As you see two frames from 2 different films.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=5616

The things we see in the film of Jim McClarin walking the path of the Bigfoot we don't see in the PG film and as it was told the PG film was filmed 1 years earlier.
Now if the PG film was filmed before the film of Jim McClarin then we should see the changes in the film of Jim McClarin. However as you see the changes happen in the PG film and not in the film of Jim McClarin. By this the film of Jim McClarin walking the path of the Bigfoot was filmed before the PG film. And by this how did Jim McClarin knew the path the Bigfoot was going to walk?
I talked to Jim McClarin on facebook and shown him these frames and I ask him about this and he said I have no answer for you.
Mr. B,

I remember you posted these before . I would like to learn more about your personal encounter with BF ?
Old 9th July 2012, 07:54 PM   #8751
I am Bigfoot
Critical Thinker

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...pictureid=5707

Um or maybe the arm is bent at the elbow and you can't see the hand at all and that sandy colored patch is...sand?
Old 9th July 2012, 07:54 PM   #8752
Leroy Blevins
Critical Thinker

One other thing I like to add about the Bigfoot in the film. For years they claim the Bigfoot in the film was around 6 1/2 feet tall. Then they claim the bigfoot in the film is 7'4" then here in the past year now they claim the Bigfoot in the film was over 8ft tall.
Come on people make up your mind by the time they really get done with all of this BS the Bigfoot in the film will be over 15feet tall.

May I say one thing. How can anyone believe these people research when they can not get the height of the Bigfoot in the film. All they are doing is guessing.
The best evidence that they ever did on the height of the Bigfoot in the film is when they did a side by side of Jim McClarin and the Bigfoot. And by this shows the Bigfoot was only 2" taller then Jim McClarin. That makes the Bigfoot in the film around 6'7".
Old 9th July 2012, 07:55 PM   #8753
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

@Leroy Her hands are cupped. How is that a bear paw? Plus the bleed from the films lighting certainly doesn't help.

Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 9th July 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 9th July 2012, 08:02 PM   #8754
AttorneyTom
Muse

So this is it.

A true believer of BF who has seen one but believes the film is a fake is now confronted by a true believer who has not seen one but nevertheless believes in the PGF !

Last edited by AttorneyTom; 9th July 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: forgot is..
Old 9th July 2012, 08:06 PM   #8755
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

It's pretty much useless to try to find any actual details on Patty.

The only individual small details seen are the magically appearing individual toes on the enhanced cibachrome reproduction frame. AKA "perfectfoot".

Old 9th July 2012, 08:08 PM   #8756
I am Bigfoot
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by AttorneyTom View Post
So this is it.

A true believer of BF who has seen one but believes the film is a fake is now confronted by a true believer who has not seen one but nevertheless believes in the PGF !
Let the games....BEGIN!
Old 9th July 2012, 08:16 PM   #8757
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything since most people on the BFF who have actually seen one believe the PGF is real.
Old 9th July 2012, 08:17 PM   #8758
Leroy Blevins
Critical Thinker

I seen a real Bigfoot in 2002. I was going home from work in August. It was around 4:01 pm. I know this time is because every day this radio station played this same song everyday at this same time.
As we was driving down 75 one of my worker said is that a monkey over there. I said pull over and it stand up and I said that is no monkey.
I got out of the truck and walked over to it. I got 20 to 25ft away from it. He just stood there looking at me as I looked at him. After about 10min he then turn around and step over this 4ft fence and walked away into the woods. And after I seen the Bigfoot I started to do research on this type of man. That is when I found they was Edomites.
And from what I seen that day it did not look like a ape as other people claim. The head on the Bigfoot I seen was just like the head we have and the hair on it's head was like our hair we have and the facial hair was the same as our facial hair. The only different between us and them was they had more like fur over the rest of their bodies and was taller then we are. But he was human.
This is another reason why I knew the Bigfoot in the PG film was not real for the fur on it's body was different then the one I seen and the head was different then the one I seen and the seam on the hip you did not see on the one I seen. And the face was different and the shape of the head on the one in the film is a ape head. The one I seen did not have a ape head it was a normal head like we have.

And what I find is so funny about the whole thing on the PG film is I am the only researchers that has seen a real Bigfoot face to face and I know the Bigfoot in the film was not real. However all these other researchers that did research on the film claim the Bigfoot in the film is real and they never seen a Bigfoot.
But people puts down my research on the film when I know for a fact what they really look like but. all these other researchers that did research on this film and never seen a real Bigfoot are pros.
Think about that one.
How can they really say it was real or not when they don't even know what a Bigfoot really is or never seen one so how can they be pros?
Old 9th July 2012, 08:20 PM   #8759
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Near a highway again, but never gets hit by a vehicle...

Old 9th July 2012, 08:21 PM   #8760
AttorneyTom
Muse

I just want to get these two together ? The stories they can tell.. and share ?

Hey Mr. B please tell the encounter story ?

Last edited by AttorneyTom; 9th July 2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Thank You !
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal