ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags FOTL , Freeman movement , Rob Menard

Old 29th June 2017, 02:57 PM   #1
arayder
Graduate Poster

Here we go again. . .

Rob Menard has recently been hyping his indoor grow systems and is telling everyone on Facebook that he's had a meeting with an un-named vegetarian restaurant chain interested in purchasing a great many units in order to grow vegetables for their restaurant chain.

After hyping the meeting Menard give his Facebook readers a report. The emphasis is mine:

Quote:
Robert Menard: Well that went about as well as I hoped! Very cool folks, and although they liked my design it was not what they were looking for. They prefer an aeroponics misting system for the roots as opposed to a flood and drain system, they want the units fixed in place but still modular instead of mobile units, and they want to be able to go up at twice or three times the height of my design. They did like my design for someone who wants to maybe grow in their garage, but they have in mind a much higher production capacity than my design was aiming for.

So... they asked me to redesign my unit to meet their needs, include greater detail in the drawings so they can get it in front of an engineer and do a cost analysis, and give a better more detailed construction plan. If I can come in under about $3500 US for a 4'x 8' multi-tier modular plug and play units and still include the control system, I think they may offer me the contract to set up their urban farm, or, consider a partnership and creation of a new corporate entity to manufacture and sell these larger industrial sized units.

They liked it, they just want bigger. Either way, I see them in two weeks with the new plan, designed to their stated specs.
Those of you who are familiar with Rob's entrepreneurial efforts and inventions will recall his proposed vitamin supplement product, his pitched property stewardship company, which was to employ homeless people to renovate foreclosed properties, and the infamous Ninja Goat, an outdated motorized camera platform he proposed to sell to the film industry.

If you recall each effort was hyped on the internet or on Facebook showing the usual Menard excitement with the supposedly bold new idea. In each case a meeting with or a solid connection to the product's prospective users was hyped and reported on. In each case Menard said he needed to make a few more adaptions to his invention or idea, but needed just a few more thousand dollars to get the project rolling.

I have to admit that this time I was hoping Bobby might, in his 50's, be on the way to making his way in the world. But I see the pattern. I think all Bobby wants are investors who will eventually be told that the project didn't happen and their money went up in smoke.

Think about it. The Facebook faithful are being told that a successful restaurant chain is calling serious meetings with guy who, by a simple Google search, can be discovered as a failed freeman guru on the run from the courts.

Oh, please!

Last edited by arayder; 29th June 2017 at 03:55 PM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arayder View Post
Rob Menard has recently been hyping his indoor grow systems and is telling everyone on Facebook that he's had a meeting with an un-named vegetarian restaurant chain interested in purchasing a great many units in order to grow vegetables for their restaurant chain.

After hyping the meeting Menard give his Facebook readers a report. The emphasis is mine:

Those of you who are familiar with Rob's entrepreneurial efforts and inventions will recall his proposed vitamin supplement product, his pitched property stewardship company, which was to employ homeless people to renovate foreclosed properties, and the infamous Ninja Goat, an outdated motorized camera platform he proposed to sell to the film industry.

If you recall each effort was hyped on the internet or on Facebook showing the usual Menard excitement with the supposedly bold new idea. In each case a meeting with or a solid connection to the product's prospective users was hyped and reported on. In each case Menard said needed to make a few more adaptions to his invention or idea, but needed just a few more thousand dollars to get the project rolling.

I have to admit that this time I was hoping Bobby might, in his 50's, be on the way to making his way in the world. But I see the pattern. I think all Bobby wants are investors who will eventually be told that the project didn't happen and their money went up in smoke.

Think about it. The Facebook faithful are being told that a successful restaurant chain is calling serious meetings with guy who, by a simple Google search, can be discovered as a failed freeman guru on the run from the courts.

Oh, please!
He is thinking way way to small - tell the chronic underachiever to research "Brilliant Light Power" and a guy called Dr. Mills on a perfectly legal way to make millions.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2017, 03:09 PM   #3
arayder
Graduate Poster

Bobby's pattern regarding his pitched business ideas and freeman projects has been to say nothing after the initial enthusiasm dies down.

Nobody knows why the projects and products failed or what happened to the money.

Last edited by arayder; 29th June 2017 at 03:34 PM.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2017, 03:36 PM   #4
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

So he wants people to think he can reinvent hydroponics and make it profitable on a large scale?

Good luck with that.........

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2017, 03:38 PM   #5
dudalb
Suspended

What next?
Menard selling band instruments and uniforms in Small towns in Iowa?
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2017, 03:54 PM   #6
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
So he wants people to think he can reinvent hydroponics and make it profitable on a large scale?

Good luck with that.........
Yeah, my understanding is that restaurants that strive to serve unprocessed foods or are "vegetarian" rely on trusted farmers/growers to provide them with wholesome produce in bulk.

I am by no means an expert, but I can't see how a chain would hope to grow enough of even their rarely used garnishments in a bank of grow boxes.
Old 29th June 2017, 07:37 PM   #7
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I saw "indoor grow systems" and immediately thought it was for a product other than vegetables. And which is being grown legally in considerably quantities here in my state. Indoors, in many cases. Menard is obviously working in the wrong country/state.
Old 30th June 2017, 12:45 AM   #8
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
It seems to me that, by saying he needs to raise money, Menard is tacitly admitting all his magic "I don't need money"/ "I can pay for stuff without money" ideas are so much rubbish.
Old 30th June 2017, 01:55 PM   #9
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
It seems to me that, by saying he needs to raise money, Menard is tacitly admitting all his magic "I don't need money"/ "I can pay for stuff without money" ideas are so much rubbish.
Reading closely we see that Bobby hasn't asked for money yet. He says he needs to come up with a new design. The inference that he needs help doing so is clear.

When Bobby needs help, hide your checkbook.

If his old form holds he'll make the pitch saying the restaurant needs a working prototype which he can't make without some funds.

The maybe some up front money from him to show he can make the first run of the boxes.

Then there's the capital needed start full scale manufacture.
Old 30th June 2017, 07:17 PM   #10
Hans
Philosopher

Reading closely we see that Bobby hasn't asked for money yet. He says he needs to come up with a new design. The inference that he needs help doing so is clear.

If his old form holds he'll make the pitch saying the restaurant needs a working prototype which he can't make without some funds.

The maybe some up front money from him to show he can make the first run of the boxes.

Does he have to spend anything to create the business and as he is, in theory, producing food does it have to meet any kind of safety and health requirements?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2017, 08:28 PM   #11
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Does he have to spend anything to create the business and as he is, in theory, producing food does it have to meet any kind of safety and health requirements?
Bobby is saying he is proposing to sell grow boxes to a chain of vegetarian restaurants. If this fairy tale ever happened somewhere along the line of production Bobby would encounter some sort of government regulation.

In the past one of his main excuses for not getting his products to market is that the bad old government required him to do something which if done would create joinder with the government and make him a slave of the state.

This grade school ploy allows FailureBobby to throw in the towel, claim that the bad old government has screwed him again and drown himself in a river of Moose Heads.
Old 30th June 2017, 09:30 PM   #12
smartcooky
Philosopher

Yeah, my understanding is that restaurants that strive to serve unprocessed foods or are "vegetarian" rely on trusted farmers/growers to provide them with wholesome produce in bulk.

I am by no means an expert, but I can't see how a chain would hope to grow enough of even their rarely used garnishments in a bank of grow boxes.
IMO, it would be cheaper and more efficient in the long run, to outright BUY an organic vegetable farm.
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2017, 06:59 AM   #13
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
IMO, it would be cheaper and more efficient in the long run, to outright BUY an organic vegetable farm.

Maybe "cheaper and more efficient" as compared to this idea of Menard's, but really, how many people in the restaurant business are keen to move into the farming business? Why take on a whole new set of challenges and risks, that other than the products involved, are utter different from your current business? Why give up the flexibility of buying from multiple vendors, which allows you choice in quality, quantity, price, availability, range of products, timeliness, and a host of other factors?

This sounds like he's trying to get in on the feel-good "Farm to fork" idea, but without thinking it through.
Old 3rd July 2017, 04:01 AM   #14
arayder
Graduate Poster

Is it possible Menard is for real this time?

Think of the kid in your garage band 20 years ago who said he was auditioning for U2 but wasn't allowed to tell you about the details since he was slated to replace a band member who'd raise a stink if he knew he was on the bubble. Later he said the audition went great but he was just too edgy for U2, so by mutual consent he and Bono parted ways. He said they would probably call him back in a few months when they realized their mistake.

Based on his new rep he said he wanted to write all the band's songs.

The next day you threw him out of the band.

Today he lives in a shack with no discernible income.
Old 4th July 2017, 12:09 PM   #15
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Where is the conspiracy here?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2017, 04:54 AM   #16
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Where is the conspiracy here?
No conspiracy, but this is the forum for all things "freemen on the land", and "sovereign citizen".

Menard's schitck was to be a "freeman on the land" guru for a bit, and all of the crap related to this failed conman ends up here as well.
Old 5th July 2017, 09:29 AM   #17
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
No conspiracy, but this is the forum for all things "freemen on the land", and "sovereign citizen".

Menard's schitck was to be a "freeman on the land" guru for a bit, and all of the crap related to this failed conman ends up here as well.
I'm aware of Menard's FMOTL crap, and that's certainly on topic here. I just don't see why this particular discussion had anything to do with this forum.

We don't need a thread for everything that a lame, drunk loser does, do we? I'd prefer skip the dull dreams and schemes when they aren't relevant. Not everything a conspiracy theorist says or does needs direction here.

Just a thought.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2017, 05:29 PM   #18
arayder
Graduate Poster

We are acting like the grow box thing is a project to be planned and executed.

It's not about doing anything. It's all about the illusion Menard is trying to preserve.

The facade Menard tries to present is that of a moral, resourceful, self-sufficient and hard working freemen who has no need for government and it's rules. This front is intended to make all the freemen legal and life style advice he gives seem practical and realistic.

The endless projects may seem like a lot of effort for nothing but the need to preserve the illusion is so strong that Menard will create ventures he knows he'll never get going just to make himself look like the sort of take charge freeman from whom one might want to buy legal advice.
Old 6th July 2017, 08:04 AM   #19
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

We are acting like the grow box thing is a project to be planned and executed.

It's not about doing anything. It's all about the illusion Menard is trying to preserve.

The facade Menard tries to present is that of a moral, resourceful, self-sufficient and hard working freemen who has no need for government and it's rules. This front is intended to make all the freemen legal and life style advice he gives seem practical and realistic.

The endless projects may seem like a lot of effort for nothing but the need to preserve the illusion is so strong that Menard will create ventures he knows he'll never get going just to make himself look like the sort of take charge freeman from whom one might want to buy legal advice.
Ah, so anytime Menard attempts to appear vaguely competent, it's on topic here, since an appearance of competence would help his Freeman project.

Of course, this is nonsense. This forum is for discussing conspiracies, and Menard's latest fantasy had nothing to do with conspiracies.
Old 6th July 2017, 03:14 PM   #20
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I saw "indoor grow systems" and immediately thought it was for a product other than vegetables. And which is being grown legally in considerably quantities here in my state. Indoors, in many cases. Menard is obviously working in the wrong country/state.
Yeah, I have a buddy who lives in a legal to grow state & he has a set up similar to what Menard is describing that cost $1500 including lights & I believe it's twice the size.
Old 6th July 2017, 06:42 PM   #21
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 332nd View Post
Yeah, I have a buddy who lives in a legal to grow state & he has a set up similar to what Menard is describing that cost $1500 including lights & I believe it's twice the size.
Ouch. The competency fantasy takes a hit.

Last edited by arayder; 6th July 2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 25th July 2017, 06:01 PM   #22
arayder
Graduate Poster

True to form Bobby is trying to form a cooperative which would grow veggies in his little grow boxes and sell them to "better restaurants, retirement homes, work camps, neighborhoods and markets".

For those of you not familiar with producer co-ops they process and market goods and then supply those products for the co-op's professional activities. In this case the "activity" would be selling the veggies to restaurants and markets.

One can only guess that Bobby has neglected to inform prospective co-op members that in Canada, a co-operative must incorporate at the provincial, territorial or federal level.

How very un-freeman of our boy to have to do such a thing!

I suspect Bobby really wants to "franchise" the yet unmade grow boxes he never got the mythical restaurant chain to buy. The marks would be co-op gullibles who won't have the sense to realize that Bobby's can't do the grunt work necessary to set up the co-op and supervise its work.

They get left with a grow box, no real co-op and no buyers.

Last edited by arayder; 25th July 2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 14th September 2018, 04:49 AM   #23
arayder
Graduate Poster

Here we go yet again. Menard has another "look at me" project in the works which he tells his followers about. Note that Bobby is careful to control the narrative.

First we hear:

Quote:
Robert Menard
September 9 at 9:41 PM ∑
Biggest week of my life coming up. Two years of work and a couple of decades of envisioning. All coming down to a meeting on Tuesday. Which I Intend to rock. Not going to sleep much I bet.
Then a couple of days later:

Quote:
Robert Menard
September 11 at 2:39 PM ∑
Nailed it.
One of his followers ask what's all about and gets the usual Bobby brush off:
Quote:
Roger Walker: I hope you're going to fill us in rather than leave us hanging?

Robert Menard: Eventually.

Roger Walker: Cool.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/robert.menard.52

It's the same old story line. Bobby has a big meeting coming up. The meeting invariably goes well. Then we never hear squat about the project.

Repeat process in six months.
Old 14th September 2018, 05:22 AM   #24
Whip
Muse

I see right after that he was trying to suck people into buying him beer. lol. such a slug. Steaming pile of BMô strikes again
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2018, 05:53 AM   #25
arayder
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
I see right after that he was trying to suck people into buying him beer. lol. such a slug. Steaming pile of BMô strikes again
One of the commenters asks if Fezboy has gained the financing they had talked about.

Quote:
Dario Busch: You closed financing on the thing you talked to me about?
Bobby said nothing. But the question tips the reader off to a likely repeat of Menard's practice of pocketing money for a project that subsequently never gets off the ground.
Old 19th September 2018, 12:39 PM   #26
arayder
Graduate Poster

Piled higher and deeper:

https://www.facebook.com/robert.menard.52

Quote:
Robert Menard I got a job! A real one! Not just a payed gig, but an actual Job with a title and everything!
I am now "Chief Product Developer' for Real3Games, based in Montreal. They are a new startup. So stoked!

Jeff Harron Robert Menard Does that mean you will have to forcibly pay taxes by payroll deduction now?

Jeff Harron Are you a SINner again? lol

Robert Menard Well I don't have a SIN.... so no account with the collectors.
A couple of commenters are on to him:

Quote:
Max Kilimanjaro are you working as a contract for hire or a full-time employee? how did the company get around not having to fill in SIN info?

Esther Genaske I'm interested to understand how they were able to hire you without providing them with a SIN# Robert?

Last edited by arayder; 19th September 2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 19th September 2018, 05:49 PM   #27
Whip
Muse

isn't he a wanted man in that area?
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2018, 06:07 AM   #28
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Whip View Post
isn't he a wanted man in that area?

Only by the police, so that hardly counts!
Old 20th September 2018, 07:02 AM   #29
hgus
Critical Thinker

The team at Real3games is top notch!

Quote:
Real3Games Team
Rob Menard
And it seems that Real3Games is part of that powerhorse of creativity MenardWorks.

https://angel.co/real3games/jobs
https://ca.linkedin.com/in/robert-menard-b3b94116

Now I am just being a sarcy ashole ain't I? Kicking people when they are lying down and all.
hgus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2018, 12:39 PM   #30
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Originally Posted by hgus View Post
The team at Real3games is top notch!

And it seems that Real3Games is part of that powerhorse of creativity MenardWorks.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/robert-menard-b3b94116

Now I am just being a sarcy ashole ain't I? Kicking people when they are lying down and all.
I think you can see this as some form of "collateral damage". Please, do continue.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 01:52 PM   #31
arayder
Graduate Poster

The thing that strikes me about Real3Games is that there doesn't seem to be any product being sold. Consistent with Menard's much ado about nothing ventures the effort seems hung up in the promotional stage.

Whether it's Freeman Valley, the ACCP, the Ninja Goat or countless other "efforts" nothing ever gets done.

At best Menard is a 50 something loser hooked on the excitement of the new thing.

But, we should consider that, at worst, Menard makes money by harvesting investments in projects he has no intention of completing. He's already told a story about his hiring and his claim that he can skirt the SIN.

What other stories will Menard cook up?
Old Yesterday, 03:55 AM   #32
arayder
Graduate Poster

But, we should consider that, at worst, Menard makes money by harvesting investments in projects he has no intention of completing.

Here's the pitch to the marks:

Quote:
Jobs at Real3Games
Next Generation eSport - Startup
Real3Games has developed a remarkable concept which will allow eSport athletes to form teams and control robust drones in the real world, in real time. Competing to fulfill delivery contracts within a fixed time, they can earn valuable Game Points and real world coupons provided by sponsors.

It's an exciting concept with a chance to be on the ground floor. Not merely as an employee, you can be a founding partner, with fair equity, a reasonable salary and generous benefit package.(my emphasis)

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #33
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Quote:
Competing to fulfill delivery contracts within a fixed time, they can earn valuable Game Points and real world coupons provided by sponsors.

Oh yeah, this will work. It's so sure of success, I'm starting a competing business, but my players will earn game points and valuable coupons by painting bridges, doing laundry, and filling out people's tax returns.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories