IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Australia elections , Australia politics , Julie Bishop , Malcolm Turnbull , Peter Dutton , Scott Morrison

Old 13th April 2021, 06:30 PM   #3401
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
I just changed my sig, but I think I've found a better one.

We will meet them on the beach, we will meet them on the phone hook-ups

- Scott Morrison
Love the quote, but I don’t think Morrison actually said that. I think it was Albo characterising Morrison.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 06:35 PM   #3402
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Love the quote, but I don’t think Morrison actually said that. I think it was Albo characterising Morrison.
That seems plausible.
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #3403
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Most of the things the states did were correct. Most of the things Morrison said or did was wrong. His popularity should be rock bottom, but it is not. One of the small things was the sign-in app most of us use. It is state-based and came out late. The commonwealth one does not work. The state-based one does work. This should have been developed by the Commonwealth. As a result, go on an interstate holiday and we need to download another app.
Old Yesterday, 01:38 AM   #3404
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
His popularity should be rock bottom, but it is not.
It's not great.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM   #3405
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Any bets on Abbott taking another run at the job?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:42 AM   #3406
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Most of the things the states did were correct. Most of the things Morrison said or did was wrong. His popularity should be rock bottom, but it is not. One of the small things was the sign-in app most of us use. It is state-based and came out late. The commonwealth one does not work. The state-based one does work. This should have been developed by the Commonwealth. As a result, go on an interstate holiday and we need to download another app.
Yes, agree with this. What’s interesting is that “checking in” is simply not imposed in Melbourne, but when I was in Sydney recently, people who did not use the app were tracked down and forced to check in. And I applaud this.

Complacency is our biggest enemy. If a new strain emerges in Sydney, contract tracing will be a breeze. In Melbourne, not so much.

You all know how much of a cheerleader I am for Vic, but we are behind NSW in this area, in my sample of one, of course.....

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:47 AM   #3407
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I always use the check-in app when I get my lunch at the food court in the Canberra Centre. Odd that I never see anyone else doing so...
Old Yesterday, 04:49 AM   #3408
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Mr Morrison's popularity is still far greater than Mr Albanese's. It should be the other way round.

I always use the check-in app when I get my lunch at the food court in the Canberra Centre. Odd that I never see anyone else doing so...
I have seen that too. It is rare for me to be asked by staff have I checked in? The only good thing is that it is easy to do so.
Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM   #3409
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Times of national crisis are usually good for the ratings of the incumbent.

That Scumo hasn't gotten a ratings boost from the covid crisis is his own fault. He set himself at odds much of the time with State governments whose voters believed were doing a good job. Border closures have been particularly popular with state voters but the Morrison government has consistently whined about it. Siding with Clive Palmer on the issue was an instant ratings disaster.

In spite of this, it is actually the Libs' dinosaur dealings with women that has been the main factor in Scumos fall in the polls.
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #3410
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Mr Morrison's popularity is still far greater than Mr Albanese's. It should be the other way round.
Albanese, unfortunately, is a wet fish.

I have seen that too. It is rare for me to be asked by staff have I checked in? The only good thing is that it is easy to do so.
Yeah, I can quite literally do it as I walk past the booth, without even breaking stride.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics