ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , koran

Old 14th November 2017, 10:21 AM   #481
calebprime
Somewhat Elitist Parasite

I formally retract all my posts. They were wrong. I am a decadent American. Perhaps if I were not so cowardly and decadent I would have the balls to insult the koran, but I do not.

I think that it would be very unwise for me to read the koran, as I will be compelled to give my reactions, and they will not be nice. This will bring danger to me and my family, so I will not pursue this course of action.

Thank you and have a good thread.

peace out, and etc. yours truly the honorable and aforementioned

cp

( Sung to the tune of the old Time jingle: "Time flies, and you are there!" )
calebprime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 12:44 PM   #482
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by calebprime View Post
[55:10] He created the earth for all creatures.

[55:11] In it there are fruits, and date palms with their hanging fruit.*

[55:12] Also grains and the spices.

[55:13] (O humans and jinns,) which of your Lord's marvels can you deny?

[55:14] He created the human from aged clay, like the potter's clay.

[55:15] And created the jinns from blazing fire.

[55:17] Lord of the two easts and the two wests.

[55:19] He separates the two seas where they meet.

[55:20] A barrier is placed between them, to prevent them from transgressing.

[55:22] Out of both of them you get pearls and coral.

[55:24] He gave you ships that roam the sea like flags.

[55:26] Everyone on earth perishes.

[55:27] Only the presence of your Lord lasts. Possessor of Majesty and Honor.

[55:29] Imploring Him is everyone in the heavens and the earth. Every day He is in full control.

[55:31] We will call you to account, O humans and jinns.

[55:33] O you jinns and humans, if you can penetrate the outer limits of the heavens and the earth, go ahead and penetrate. You cannot penetrate without authorization.

[55:35] You get bombarded with projectiles of fire and metal, and you cannot win.

[55:37] When the sky disintegrates, and turns rose colored like paint.

[55:39] On that day, no human, nor a jinn, will be asked about his sins.

[55:41] (This is because) the guilty will be recognized by their looks; they will be taken by the forelocks and the feet.

[55:43] This is Gehenna that the guilty used to deny.

[55:44] They will circulate between it and an intolerable inferno.*

[55:46] For those who reverence the majesty of their Lord
, two gardens (one for the jinns and one for the humans).

[55:48] Full of provisions.

[55:50] Two springs are in them, flowing.

[55:52] Of every fruit in them, two kinds.

[55:54] While relaxing on furnishings lined with satin, the fruits are within reach.

[55:56] Their beautiful mates were never touched by any human or jinn.

[55:58] They look like gems and coral.

[55:60] Is the reward of goodness anything but goodness?

[55:62] Below them are two gardens (one for the jinns and one for the humans).

[55:64] Side by side.

[55:66] In them, wells to be pumped.

[55:68] In them are fruits, date palms, and pomegranate.

[55:70] In them are beautiful mates.

[55:72] Confined in the tents.

[55:74] No human ever touched them, nor a jinn.

[55:76] They relax on green carpets, in beautiful surroundings.

yikes. that's some sad ****, even without the threatening reps.

even if you cross out the rest of the objectionable stuff, it's still pretty sad.
Wait! mohammed fantasises about mates that look like gems and coral? Who wants to have sex with gems and coral, even if they are virgins? And his idea of heaven is a modern day hobby orchard with recliners? Lol.

Last edited by Hungry81; 14th November 2017 at 12:45 PM.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 04:18 PM   #483
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

RELATIVITY OF TIME ANNOUNCED 1400 YEARS AGO

4- To Him ascend the angels and the spirit in
a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.
(70- The Heights, 4)

5- He regulates all affairs from the heaven to the earth. Then they ascend to Him in a day, the measure of which is a thousand years as you count.
(32- The Prostration, 5)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...400-years-ago/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2017, 07:38 PM   #484
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post

(70- The Heights, 4)

5- He regulates all affairs from the heaven to the earth. Then they ascend to Him in a day, the measure of which is a thousand years as you count.
(32- The Prostration, 5)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...400-years-ago/
OK, which is it? One thousand or fifty thousand?* Aside from being mutually exclusive, neither one has the least thing to do with relativity.

*Really, now! A source of perfection which makes an error by several orders of magnitude? Art Linkletter's kids** could do better than that!

**Guess it's Steve Harvey these days.

Last edited by Peregrinus; 14th November 2017 at 07:40 PM.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 03:51 AM   #485
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
OK, which is it? One thousand or fifty thousand?
Depends how fast you are going I suppose.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 05:26 AM   #486
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

OK, which is it? One thousand or fifty thousand?*

**Guess it's Steve Harvey these days.

(70- The Heights, 4)

(32- The Prostration, 5)

In the first it refers to the ascend of the angels, and in the second the ascend of the affairs.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 07:52 AM   #487
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

(70- The Heights, 4)

(32- The Prostration, 5)

In the first it refers to the ascend of the angels, and in the second the ascend of the affairs.
If it took fifty thousand years for the angels to ascend they could not have visited us since the time of cave men. The angel Gabriel could not have given Mary a message then come back and given Muhammad a message 600 years later.

As for the second verse it is stolen from the bible.

Bible 2Peter 3.8 But beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is as with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 15th November 2017 at 08:25 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 08:22 AM   #488
Donn
Philosopher

I love how it's "Announced."

How darling!
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 01:33 PM   #489
Peregrinus
Muse

the ascend of the affairs.
Affairs do not ascend.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 01:35 PM   #490
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
As for the second verse it is stolen from the bible.

Bible 2Peter 3.8 But beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is as with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Possibly stolen, and if so it's damaged goods: I Peter & II Peter are both forgeries.
Old 15th November 2017, 04:20 PM   #491
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

If it took fifty thousand years for the angels to ascend they could not have visited.
1- They are not ascending to receive messages.

2- The fake Bibles in your hand contain some verses from the true Bible.So it is normal to give information that is sometimes compatible with the Qur'an.

As you know, the Quran is the only real holy book on our hands today.

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 15th November 2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 15th November 2017, 04:52 PM   #492
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

2- The fake Bibles in your hand contain some verses from the true Bible.So it is normal to give information that is sometimes compatible with the Qur'an.

The bible predates the koran. So that is false.

There are no holy books, so that is false.

If there is a true bible, it predates both the current bible and the Koran. Thus your claim is false.

And I believe not any of it.

So here you are with a bucket of false claims. What do you intend to do with that?
Old 15th November 2017, 04:58 PM   #493
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

We could discuss what messages angels may or may not receive, but for starters, please demonstrate that any angel exists.

No. Just no.

You have not read it. The Koran is possibly the most morally bereft, scurrilous and evil writing ever put to paper.
Old 15th November 2017, 05:08 PM   #494
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

(70- The Heights, 4)
Let me explain, If angels travelled faster than light speed, a short time to them would be thousands of years to us. So they could never visit us regularly, as we would all be dead and gone before they got here.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 06:08 PM   #495
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

Let me explain, If angels travelled faster than light speed, a short time to them would be thousands of years to us. So they could never visit us regularly, as we would all be dead and gone before they got here.
They do not always make this journey(fifty thousand years long) .
Old 15th November 2017, 06:20 PM   #496
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

Granted, but how many could dance on the head of a pin?

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 15th November 2017 at 06:54 PM.
Fast Eddie B is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2017, 06:37 PM   #497
Peregrinus
Muse

As you know, everyone here knows you cannot prove such an absurd assertion. Repeating a ludicrous claim leaves you repeating a ludicrous claim. If there were even one piece of verifiable, empirical evidence to support your claim there might be some willing to consider it. As things stand, your claim is null.
Old 16th November 2017, 03:21 PM   #498
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

Everyone knows the truth under the unconscious . And that's why everyone is responsible.

7:172 When your Lord took from the children of Adam from their backs, their progeny; and He made them witness over themselves: "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we bear witness." Thus you cannot say on the day of Resurrection that you were unaware of this.

7:173 Nor can you say, "It was our fathers who set up partners before and we were simply a progeny who came after them. Would You destroy us for what the innovators did?"

30:30 So establish yourself to the system of monotheism. It is the nature that God has made the people on. There is no changing in God's creation. Such is the pure system, but most people do not know.

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 16th November 2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 16th November 2017, 05:16 PM   #499
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Everyone knows the truth under the unconscious . And that's why everyone is responsible.

7:172 When your Lord took from the children of Adam from their backs, their progeny; and He made them witness over themselves: "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we bear witness." Thus you cannot say on the day of Resurrection that you were unaware of this.

7:173 Nor can you say, "It was our fathers who set up partners before and we were simply a progeny who came after them. Would You destroy us for what the innovators did?"

30:30 So establish yourself to the system of monotheism. It is the nature that God has made the people on. There is no changing in God's creation. Such is the pure system, but most people do not know.
Are you still promoting that batcrap violent sick crazy religion? Grow up. Allah doesn't exist. Mohammed was a sick pedophile who promoted his insane religion through war and torture. Enough of ass backwards religions that promote hate. BTW, I just drew a cartoon of Mohammed. You don't see atheists whining over a damn cartoon. We don't go and shoot people for it either like Charlie Hebdo or fly jets into buildings or commit suicide bombings screaming 'Allah akbar'.

Take that trashy religion and flush it down the toilet where it belongs.
Old 16th November 2017, 07:28 PM   #500
Peregrinus
Muse

Emre,

At the risk of repeating myself (and at the same time paraphrasing nearly everyone else) everyone here knows you cannot prove such an absurd assertion.
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM   #501
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

Where does it say that in the Quran? I think you are making stuff up.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM   #502
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

Where does it say that in the Quran? I think you are making stuff up.
Where does he say they've been traveling (fifty thousand years long) all the time? Where does He say when they made their last journey? You are making stuff up.

Maybe they made their last ascending a million years ago.

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; Yesterday at 08:23 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #503
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Where does he say they've been traveling (fifty thousand years long) all the time? Where does He say when they made their last journey? You are making stuff up.

Maybe they made their last ascending a million years ago.
Who cares about what a batcrap crazy warlord in the 7th century thought or said.? He was a sick clueless freak. Flush him and his superstitious religion into the toilet where it belongs.

There was a time when Bagdad was the center of learning. Two thirds of the stars in the skies have Arabic names. Algebra was invented there. We use Arabic numbers. Then along came that trashy religion and the Imam Ben Ghazali who declared the manipulation of numbers to be the work of the devil and 'voila' all your minds became stultified.

Note to Emre and the so called miracles of Islam.

Miracle 1: Islam made a billion and half people ignorant and stupid.

There are approximately 1.5 billion Muslims in the world and
there are aproximately 15 million Jewish people.
That is 100 Muslims to every Jewish person.

And yet the contributions to science by Muslims is almost nonexistent in comparison. Out of the over 600 Nobel prize winners in science, 150 of them are Jewish and only 3 are Muslim. What does that tell you Emre? It tells me your religion has held you and your brethren back. It says 1 Jewish person contributes to humanity what 5000 Muslims contribute. Now that's a damn miracle.

BTW, I'm an atheist/cultural Christian.

Last edited by acbytesla; Yesterday at 11:05 AM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #504
Emre_1974tr
Thinker

5- …You see the earth barren and lifeless, but when
We pour down water on it, it vibrates, it swells and
puts forth every kind of beautiful growth in pairs.
(22- The Pilgrimage, 5)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...mes-to-life-2/

68- And your Lord revealed the female honeybee; build homes in
mountains, and trees, and in the hives people built for you.
(16- The Honeybee, 68)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/05...-her-own-cell/
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #505
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

(22- The Pilgrimage, 5)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...mes-to-life-2/

(16- The Honeybee, 68)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/05...-her-own-cell/
These are what are referred to as arguments from ignorance. Attributing beauty to God is not the same thing as proving there is one. If you want words to describe the beauty and grandeur of the world, try Thoreau. Much better.

How about my miracle Emre? Islam has made a 1.5 billion people ignorant and stupid. Care to challenge it and remain in the dark ages?
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #506
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
If you want words to describe the beauty and grandeur of the world, try Thoreau. Much better.
Deeper, grander, more poetic is Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez. Besides being a gifted writer, Lopez does not hold all mankind as something of an embarrassment like Thoreau. More humanist is Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowatt; he started a satirical comment on government bureaucrats but quickly the book grew to a great celebration of life and one person's place in it.
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #507
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Deeper, grander, more poetic is Arctic Dreams by Barry Lopez. Besides being a gifted writer, Lopez does not hold all mankind as something of an embarrassment like Thoreau. More humanist is Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowatt; he started a satirical comment on government bureaucrats but quickly the book grew to a great celebration of life and one person's place in it.
I loved Walden. I also think Thoreau had a point about humanity. While I'm not totally in agreement with him, I certainly enjoyed that book. I'll check out Artic Dreams and Never Cry Wolf. Thanks.
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #508
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

(22- The Pilgrimage, 5)

http:snip-spam
Not a miracle. In fact people knew this for thousands of years before mo, koran, jesus, bible any of it.

(16- The Honeybee, 68)

http:snip-spam
Not a miracle. Bees make hives of their very own without people building homes for them or gods building homes for them. Bees don't care.
Old Today, 03:10 AM   #509
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

(16- The Honeybee, 68)
Is the word "female" in the original or have you added it?
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:16 AM   #510
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Filippo Lippi View Post
Is the word "female" in the original or have you added it?
He made it up out of whole cloth. "Female" is not in the original.
Quote:
And thy Lord inspired the bee, saying: Choose thou habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they thatch;
Old Today, 03:58 AM   #511
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

I know, I wanted Emre to explain
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy