ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:36 AM   #1
Maksutov
Scholar

Findhorn Essences

Words fail me. From the catalogue of products offered by Findhorn Floral Essences, an affiliate of the Findhorn spiritual community.

http://www.findhornessences.com/delusion/
Maksutov is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 11:38 AM   #2
HighRiser
Graduate Poster

Words don't fail me. But I can't say most of them here.

Science is not hopelessly hobbled just because it knows the difference between fact and imagination. -JayUtah
HighRiser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 11:49 AM   #3
JihadJane
not a camel

Thanks. I need more delusion in my life.
Old 11th August 2017, 11:57 AM   #4
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That is a spoof site?
Old 11th August 2017, 01:24 PM   #5
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
That is a spoof site?

Sadly... I doubt it.

Check the "Find a Remedy" dropdown at the upper right.
Several hundred it appears... they've got everything covered, and "delusion" is hardly the most bizarre specialization.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 02:19 PM   #6
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Wow. Reading the FAQ is just... Wow.....

"Inner Guidance"??? Prepared by floating flowers on well water in sunlight??? Oh, and if it doesn't work then then it's because you don't have the problem you think you have and if it gets worse it's a "healing crisis". Nice to know that BS isn't going anywhere, fast.

I think the only truthful bit of the site is the disclaimer-:

Quote:
Disclaimer

Findhorn Flower Essences are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. These statements, ideas, procedures and suggestions of the developer of these products are not a substitute for the medical advice of a trained health professional.
No **** Sherlock.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 04:31 PM   #7
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Feces abidith with them in their time of trial. And I certainly hope it comes hard and soon!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2017, 05:35 PM   #8
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Are they offering to prevent delusions or provide you with them? How different are these delusions they're selling from those of the guys noted for those famous words, "Dude, hold my beer! I got this." A nice safe naturopathic delusion sounds like it would be safer; this could be a boon to the current White House administration.

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 06:21 AM   #9
Bikewer
Penultimate Amazing

So, Findhorn is still around? Remarkable. I read the book a long time ago... Maybe 30 years.
Lovely thing gushing about the wonders of nature and the miraculous goings on at the "garden". One fellow describes seeing each plant surrounded by tiny little beings...Fairies and such tending the plants. Another supposedly had a walk-and-talk with Pan himself, lamenting about being identified with Satan.

No doubt very uplifting to the New Age crowd of the period.
Bikewer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 06:53 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Are they offering to prevent delusions or provide you with them? How different are these delusions they're selling from those of the guys noted for those famous words, "Dude, hold my beer! I got this." A nice safe naturopathic delusion sounds like it would be safer; this could be a boon to the current White House administration.
They even have a cure for adolescence!
Old 12th August 2017, 07:43 AM   #11
Apathia
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
They even have a cure for adolescence!
There's no cure for that!
I'm 65 years old, and people say I'm still adolescent.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 10:43 AM   #12
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
There's no cure for that!
I'm 65 years old, and people say I'm still adolescent.
You can't have any fun if you act grown up.
Old 12th August 2017, 11:57 AM   #13
Apathia
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
You can't have any fun if you act grown up.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 09:26 PM   #14
mgidm86
Illuminator

My parents own a cabinet shop. There is birch everywhere, even in the air. Why oh why can't I be a dishonest scumbag? I mean more than I am already.

Seeing something like that website and knowing people believe in it and buy that stuff bothers me in a way I can't describe. Like frustration beyond belief maybe.

I don't know if I want to try and help these people see reason or just punch them - the person running that website as well as any customer. Jebus people are stupid. JEEEEBUUUZZZZZ Help Us!!!!! Oh wait you're part of the problem.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2017, 08:48 AM   #15
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JihadJane View Post
Thanks. I need more delusion in my life.
It's not clear from the site whether the listed herbs cure delusions, or enhance them. I don't know about the herbs, but if you want enhanced delusions, I know of some mushrooms that do a pretty good job.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal