ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy , telepathy test

Old 1st September 2017, 10:35 AM   #801
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
The "ironic" nature (not a kind of irony I appreciate particularly, I should say) stems from the fact that, while I was blocked from accessing this forum (where I have tried to conduct some telepathy research in the past), I was redirected to a strange "searching magnified" website. This, to me, suggest that research is better off when I am prevented from doing it ("irony").
Wrong. Everyone affected got that search magnified nonsense. It was not "targeted" at you. Stop making up nonsense.
Old 1st September 2017, 05:23 PM   #802
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Mod WarningThis post and its replies were originally made in another thread. They have been moved to a holding thread and then merged here. Do not discuss anything related to MichelH's telepathy tests and claims outside of this thread.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Since this is a thread about telepathy (unless I misunderstood ), I can perhaps mention this:

Today, I started a new telepathy test on the French Yahoo Answers website: https://fr.answers.yahoo.com/questio...1091711AA7Qg7S . At about the same time, this ISF website went down (see the visitor messages of the International Skeptics facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/internation...posts_to_page/ ).

The ISF was fixed within about an hour, but not for me! : I was redirected to a strange "searchingmagnified" website http://www.searchingmagnified.com/ and I had to use a proxy to access this forum. I can now access the forum normally.
There is a poster here named King of the Americas who believes in telepathy. You should connect with him. He is very interested in testing it.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2017, 05:55 PM   #803
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

The outage seems to have lasted longer for me than for the other members, and seems to have been of a different, somewhat "ironic" nature ("searching magnified"), indicating that I was personally targeted, though in a limited way.

As a moderator, I can assure you that you were not targeted in any way, never have been and never will be.

In fact, we have no way of targeting an individual so that he/she cannot access the forum. Even banning a member does not prevent him/her from reading much of the forum as a guest.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:04 PM   #804
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Results of my latest test

Today, I started a new telepathy test on the French Yahoo Answers website: https://fr.answers.yahoo.com/questio...1091711AA7Qg7S . ...
I have now completed the test I started yesterday on Yahoo Answers (see link above), and I am in a position to present some results.

Because the test was not done in English, I shall translate it:

"Telepathy test: which word did I write of my paper?

Hello, I invite you to participate in a simple extra-sensory perception test.

I recently wrote and surrounded one of the five words: "voice", "head", "persecution", "violence" and "secret" on a sheet of paper close to my computer. I shall repeat this word from time to time during this test.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even if you are not quite sure)

Thank you in advance for participating."

Five answers were given. "Persecution" (which was the correct answer) was answered twice, by Alexandre and an anonymous member; "voice", "head" and "secret" were responded one time each, respectively by Yellowstone, muret16 and cheikh tidiane, and nobody gave "violence" as the correct answer.

I also note that Alexandre, who correctly replied "persecution", wrote a fairly good, respectful and serious-sounding little text:
Quote:
I tried to guess the word before looking at the proposals. Persecution is what came closest to it.
(while the other responders did not), and that he has the best "best answer rate" on Yahoo of all participants (14% ; the others have 8%, 6% and 2 %, I don't know the best answer rate of the anonymous participant). This enhances his credibility.

So I believe that this test has been reasonably successful.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:08 PM   #805
xjx388
Philosopher

Mod WarningThis post and its replies were originally made in another thread. They have been moved to a holding thread and then merged here. Do not discuss anything related to MichelH's telepathy tests and claims outside of this thread.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Since this is a thread about telepathy (unless I misunderstood ), I can perhaps mention this:

Today, I started a new telepathy test on the French Yahoo Answers website: https://fr.answers.yahoo.com/questio...1091711AA7Qg7S . At about the same time, this ISF website went down (see the visitor messages of the International Skeptics facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/internation...posts_to_page/ ).

The ISF was fixed within about an hour, but not for me! : I was redirected to a strange "searchingmagnified" website http://www.searchingmagnified.com/ and I had to use a proxy to access this forum. I can now access the forum normally.

I was also redirected to the"searchmagnified" site which is obviously the hosting service or domain registrar. The site was down for more than an hour for me as well...until I cleared my cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:23 PM   #806
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I have now completed the test I started yesterday on Yahoo Answers (see link above), and I am in a position to present some results.

Because the test was not done in English, I shall translate it:

"Telepathy test: which word did I write of my paper?

Hello, I invite you to participate in a simple extra-sensory perception test.

I recently wrote and surrounded one of the five words: "voice", "head", "persecution", "violence" and "secret" on a sheet of paper close to my computer. I shall repeat this word from time to time during this test.

I ask you to write it here (if you think you know it, even if you are not quite sure)

Thank you in advance for participating."

Five answers were given. "Persecution" (which was the correct answer) was answered twice, by Alexandre and an anonymous member; "voice", "head" and "secret" were responded one time each, respectively by Yellowstone, muret16 and cheikh tidiane, and nobody gave "violence" as the correct answer.

I also note that Alexandre, who correctly replied "persecution", wrote a fairly good, respectful and serious-sounding little text:

(while the other responders did not), and that he has the best "best answer rate" on Yahoo of all participants (14% ; the others have 8%, 6% and 2 %, I don't know the best answer rate of the anonymous participant). This enhances his credibility.

And the question you posted?
Quote:
Bonjour, je vous propose de participer à un test simple de perception extra-sensorielle. J'ai récemment écrit et entouré l'un des cinq mots: "voix", tête", "persécution", "violence" et "secret" sur une feuille de papier proche de mon ordinateur. Je répéterai ce... afficher plus
Yes you gave the restricted answers BEFORE the test. That is no different than 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Furthermore, you had a mere 5 responses, 2 for persecution, one for voix, one for tete, and one for secret.

That's bollocks.
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:23 PM   #807
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
I was also redirected to the"searchmagnified" site which is obviously the hosting service or domain registrar. The site was down for more than an hour for me as well...until I cleared my cache.

I don't know any hosting service or domain registrar called "searchingmagnified", xjx388. As a matter of fact, when I google "searchingmagnified", most of the results refer to malware.
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:25 PM   #808
xjx388
Philosopher

I don't know any hosting service or domain registrar called "searchingmagnified", xjx388. As a matter of fact, when I google "searchingmagnified", most of the results refer to malware.

Well, then it was a malware attack that took the site down. Point being that "searchingmagnified" was not something that happened just for you.

Old 2nd September 2017, 01:26 PM   #809
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Bollocks. Click this. Call them if you want. Email them.
Old 2nd September 2017, 01:31 PM   #810
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

How is the protocol going that you're setting up with King of the Americas? He's very anxious to do a test if you're genuinely sincere about it and honestly think telepathy exists.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2017, 02:13 PM   #811
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
How is the protocol going that you're setting up with King of the Americas? He's very anxious to do a test if you're genuinely sincere about it and honestly think telepathy exists.
King of the Americas has never indicated to me he was ready to participate in a telepathy test with me. Actually, he's a member here since 2001, and I don't think he ever participated in one of the 20 telepathy tests I did on this forum (or on its predecessor, the forum of the Randi Educational Foundation). Note that I do not say this to blame him, this is just a simple observation.
Old 2nd September 2017, 02:16 PM   #812
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

King of the Americas has never indicated to me he was ready to participate in a telepathy test with me. Actually, he's a member here since 2001, and I don't think he ever participated in one of the 20 telepathy tests I did on this forum (or on its predecessor, the forum of the Randi Educational Foundation). Note that I do not say this to blame him, this is just a simple observation.
But that is common among purveyors of woo. One cannot step on the other woo.
Old 2nd September 2017, 05:50 PM   #813
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

So that I'm understanding, you want to do telepathy tests and believe in telepathy and King of the Americas wants to do telepathy tests and believes in telepathy. You believe you can send your thoughts to other people and he believes he receives thoughts.

But you don't want to do a test with him.

Is that about right?
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:14 PM   #814
Michel H
Graduate Poster

So that I'm understanding, you want to do telepathy tests and believe in telepathy and King of the Americas wants to do telepathy tests and believes in telepathy. You believe you can send your thoughts to other people and he believes he receives thoughts.

But you don't want to do a test with him.

Is that about right?
King seems to be particularly interested in the so-called "Psychic staring effect", wikipedia has an article about this alleged, controversial effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_staring_effect

My motivation, when I do ESP (ESP = extra-sensory perception) tests, is to try to demonstrate that I can project my thoughts to other people worldwide, because of a truly exceptional and apparently unique psychic phenomenon. The motivations and interests are not quite the same. In addition, I usually do my online telepathy tests with a group, a community of people, not with one single person. I have no reason to think that tests with King would be particularly successful. His choice of name and posting style can sometimes raise some eyebrows.
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:22 PM   #815
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

King seems to be particularly interested in the so-called "Psychic staring effect", wikipedia has an article about this alleged, controversial effect: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_staring_effect

My motivation, when I do ESP (ESP = extra-sensory perception) tests, is to try to demonstrate that I can project my thoughts to other people worldwide, because of a truly exceptional and apparently unique psychic phenomenon. The motivations and interests are not quite the same. In addition, I usually do my online telepathy tests with a group, a community of people, not with one single person. I have no reason to think that tests with King would be particularly successful. His choice of name and posting style can sometimes raise some eyebrows.
And yet you've voluntarily come onto a skeptics forum to engage skeptics in your sham tests but then shy away from testing with someone who also claims telepathy exists.

You couldn't have made it more obvious that you know your tests are a sham. Just like King of the Americas knows he can't hear thoughts of others. You both know the other is a phony because you both know telepathy doesn't exist.
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:42 PM   #816
Michel H
Graduate Poster

And yet you've voluntarily come onto a skeptics forum to engage skeptics in your sham tests but then shy away from testing with someone who also claims telepathy exists.

You couldn't have made it more obvious that you know your tests are a sham. Just like King of the Americas knows he can't hear thoughts of others. You both know the other is a phony because you both know telepathy doesn't exist.
I don't "shy away" from testing on this forum. I no longer do telepathy tests on this forum simply because no one wants to participate in my tests any more (and other reasons). I believe I am strongly on the side of seriousness and integrity. I am not the good friend of spyware, malware and viruses.
Originally Posted by calwaterbear View Post
... I do indeed have ESP, and know for a fact that he wrote 2!
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:45 PM   #817
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

I don't "shy away" from testing on this forum. I no longer do telepathy tests on this forum simply because no one wants to participate in my test any more (and other reasons). I believe I am strongly on the side of seriousness and integrity. I am not the good friend of spyware, malware and viruses.
Yes, you're shying away from a legitimate test with another believer. Very disappointing. You have the very thing you've been asking for and when it appears you run away. And it's all because you both know it's a sham.
Old 2nd September 2017, 06:56 PM   #818
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Yes, you're shying away from a legitimate test with another believer. Very disappointing. You have the very thing you've been asking for and when it appears you run away. And it's all because you both know it's a sham.
King of the A. is simply not a particularly interesting (potential and hypothetical) partner to me in ESP tests. I can find thousands of other partners in the world, this is the latest example: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=800
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:04 PM   #819
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

King of the A. is simply not a particularly interesting (potential and hypothetical) partner to me in ESP tests. I can find thousands of other partners in the world, this is the latest example: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=800
Sorry, I don't follow links from those who know their claimed powers are phony.
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:22 PM   #820
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Yet somehow you can find nobody to demonstrate your ability.

Oh, and I am sure that KotA is just dilated at your your insult.
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:27 PM   #821
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Sorry, I don't follow links from those who know their claimed powers are phony.
Well, if you decide to shy away from looking at real evidence, I am afraid there is not much that I can do for you
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:31 PM   #822
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Well, if you decide to shy away from looking at real evidence, I am afraid there is not much that I can do for you
I'm not mad at you, just very disappointed. And certainly not surprised since you know it's phony. Same for the other "believer" who knows it's phony.
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:38 PM   #823
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Wait, wait, wait. On this site you have precisely one member who buys your nonsense and might be willing to test your so called telepathy, but instead of seizing the opportunity, you run away in abject fear that your claim might actually be tested? Really?
Old 3rd September 2017, 02:32 AM   #824
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
It is quite clear from your posting history that you have no idea what real evidence is.
KotA, on the other hand, claims he does, but doesn't want to share it.

Should either of you ever post such, I doubt there is a member here who would 'shy away' from it. I certainly won't. It's kind of the whole raison d'etre of this forum.
Old 3rd September 2017, 09:46 PM   #825
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

I'm not mad at you, just very disappointed. And certainly not surprised since you know it's phony.

I don't think MichelH "knows" that. I think he believes very deeply in his supposed ESP. He's been diagnosed by physicians as ill; he's not a charlatan.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 05:09 AM   #826
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
I don't think MichelH "knows" that. I think he believes very deeply in his supposed ESP. He's been diagnosed by physicians as ill; he's not a charlatan.
I'm aware of the diagnosis. I've also observed the lengths he goes to to avoid a proper test. Somewhere in his mind, he definitely knows what a properly conducted test would reveal.
Old 4th September 2017, 05:18 AM   #827
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

For you probably, yes. Here is the page of my new question: https://fr.answers.yahoo.com/questio...1091711AA7Qg7S

While I cannot know the exact time of the beginning of the outage, I can nevertheless try to estimate it by looking at people's postings on the internet (it seems that, even during the outage, some people could still access the forum using various methods: phone, TOR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network), use of the IP address http://104.131.54.4 ...)
July 30: date of my latest test on Yahoo
August 31 (yesterday): I decide it is probably time for me to do a new test.
Today 6:59 am GMT: gerdbonk first mentions the outage on the ISF: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=322650
8:48 am: Glenn Baron first mentions the outage on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/internationalskeptics/
9:20 am: I post my new test on Yahoo (without knowing about the outage here).

The outage seems to have lasted longer for me than for the other members, and seems to have been of a different, somewhat "ironic" nature ("searching magnified"), indicating that I was personally targeted, though in a limited way.

It's true. The mythological Gremlin does exist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gremlin.jpg (20.7 KB, 177 views)

- Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

Last edited by Vixen; 4th September 2017 at 05:21 AM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2017, 09:31 AM   #828
dlorde
Philosopher

Ignoring subjective judgements of credibility, there's no way that tiny set of responses can give you a significant (meaningful) result. Also, you chose some emotionally loaded words, which might subtly influence people's choices.

I would suggest providing a bigger selection of emotionally neutral words, and getting a sufficient number of responses to allow you to get a minimal level of statistical confidence in the result.

This has all been explained many times before, so I don't expect any change; I just thought I'd mention it again.
Old 17th September 2017, 07:40 AM   #829
Michel H
Graduate Poster

I have just completed a new ESP test in French on doctissimo, the largest health forum in France: http://forum.doctissimo.fr/psycholog...et_47843_1.htm .

As usual in my telepathy tests, it was forced choice with a small (four) set of possible answers: "été" (summer), "automne" (autumn/fall), "hiver" (winter) and "printemps" (spring). I had written and surrounded one of these four words on my paper (automne" in the case of this test), and I asked people to tell me which word I had written. I received 8 replies, the correct word was given twice. The hit rate was 25%, and therefore not significant from the point of view of purely arithmetical, statistical analysis. It was possible to improve the result a bit by doing a credibility analysis (with the usual risk of lacking objectivity), but what I found the most interesting was a comment by "Diamant roses" (= "Diamond roses", note that this name suggests - but does not prove - high quality, a diamond is usually more expensive than a copy of the book "Flim-Flam!: Psychics, ESP, Unicorns and other Delusions" by James Randi), who said, after the test in which she gave the correct answer:
Quote:
Hi, I don't know why, but I had the word "automne" even before seeing your proposals! Thank you for this little game.
This is reminiscent of other apparent admissions of my "telepathy", obtained even on this forum:
Originally Posted by calwaterbear View Post
... I do indeed have ESP, and know for a fact that he wrote 2!
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
I am hearing Michel H's thoughts. All of them.
(note that the member name "Daylightstar" also suggests high reliability)

Did you also understand that I recently wrote "automne" on my paper for an ESP test? If so, would you be ready to admit it, or is it something you would rather not advertize, as a skeptic?
Old 17th September 2017, 07:47 AM   #830
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Just ignore him^
Old 17th September 2017, 11:35 AM   #831
fagin
Illuminator

Who?
Old 17th September 2017, 11:53 AM   #832
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I have just completed a new ESP test in French on doctissimo, the largest health forum in France: http://forum.doctissimo.fr/psycholog...et_47843_1.htm .

As usual in my telepathy tests, it was forced choice with a small (four) set of possible answers: "été" (summer), "automne" (autumn/fall), "hiver" (winter) and "printemps" (spring). I had written and surrounded one of these four words on my paper (automne" in the case of this test), and I asked people to tell me which word I had written. I received 8 replies, the correct word was given twice. The hit rate was 25%, and therefore not significant from the point of view of purely arithmetical, statistical analysis. It was possible to improve the result a bit by doing a credibility analysis (with the usual risk of lacking objectivity), but what I found the most interesting was a comment by "Diamant roses" (= "Diamond roses", note that this name suggests - but does not prove - high quality, a diamond is usually more expensive than a copy of the book "Flim-Flam!: Psychics, ESP, Unicorns and other Delusions" by James Randi), who said, after the test in which she gave the correct answer:

This is reminiscent of other apparent admissions of my "telepathy", obtained even on this forum:

(note that the member name "Daylightstar" also suggests high reliability)

Did you also understand that I recently wrote "automne" on my paper for an ESP test? If so, would you be ready to admit it, or is it something you would rather not advertize, as a skeptic?
Please pay attention to me
FIFY
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2017, 12:33 PM   #833
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Quote:
Please pay attention to me
FIFY
I certainly welcome quality attention for my claims, not necessarily for me, as a person.

One thing that I find particularly important, and which is, I believe, in your interest, is that this forum be not just a place where skeptics "shoot" at believers, regardless of the evidence presented, which is not necessarily of a numerical nature (something apparently very hard for many skeptics to accept), and which can sometimes be slightly subtle. In other words, I believe that we should all be truth-seekers (regardless of its ultimate nature), and this should unite us. Our goal is not necessarily to make America great again by building a lot of fighter jets and tanks, particularly for those of us who are not American.
Old 17th September 2017, 12:51 PM   #834
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

I certainly welcome quality attention for my claims, not necessarily for me, as a person.

One thing that I find particularly important, and which is, I believe, in your interest, is that this forum be not just a place where skeptics "shoot" at believers, regardless of the evidence presented, [...]

We shoot at fallacious reasoning, and ideas arrived at by bizarre "evidence" that is impervious to scrutiny.
Old 17th September 2017, 04:25 PM   #835
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

One thing that I find particularly important, and which is, I believe, in your interest, is that this forum be not just a place where skeptics "shoot" at believers, regardless of the evidence presented, which is not necessarily of a numerical nature (something apparently very hard for many skeptics to accept), and which can sometimes be slightly subtle. In other words, I believe that we should all be truth-seekers (regardless of its ultimate nature), and this should unite us. Our goal is not necessarily to make America great again by building a lot of fighter jets and tanks, particularly for those of us who are not American.
We have been over this before and you are still wrong.

This is no different than your original 1-4 nonsense. In fact, it's worse.

However, let's simply take a look at the responses you got. There were 8. That is not remotely statistically useful for starters, and you know this, because it has been explained to you ad nauseum right here.

In any event, what were those responses? Spring, summer, autumn, winter. How did those answers stack up?

Spring ---- 2 hits
Summer ---- 2 hits
Autumn ---- 2 hits
Winter ---- 2 hits

Yup. You proved telepathy does not exist and that you are not telepathic in any way..
Old 17th September 2017, 04:28 PM   #836
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
We shoot at fallacious reasoning, and ideas arrived at by bizarre "evidence" that is impervious to scrutiny.
Oh, you can scrutinise it. Visit that thread MichelH linked. It's the draw one would expect between four options. 25% for each of them.
Old 17th September 2017, 04:59 PM   #837
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Oh, you can scrutinise it. Visit that thread MichelH linked. It's the draw one would expect between four options. 25% for each of them.
I'm trying real hard not to remember it.
Old 17th September 2017, 05:18 PM   #838
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
We have been over this before and you are still wrong.

This is no different than your original 1-4 nonsense. In fact, it's worse.

However, let's simply take a look at the responses you got. There were 8. That is not remotely statistically useful for starters, and you know this, because it has been explained to you ad nauseum right here.

In any event, what were those responses? Spring, summer, autumn, winter. How did those answers stack up?

Spring ---- 2 hits
Summer ---- 2 hits
Autumn ---- 2 hits
Winter ---- 2 hits

Yup. You proved telepathy does not exist and that you are not telepathic in any way..
You don't seem to have carefully read my post #825, abaddon.
Old 17th September 2017, 05:32 PM   #839
Kid Eager
Philosopher

"Credibility Analysis" = excluding answers that do not fit with my hypothesis
Old 17th September 2017, 06:00 PM   #840
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You don't seem to have carefully read my post #825, abaddon.
I did. You made bizarre claims.

The user named "Diamond" whatever must be more credible by dint of their user name. That is a useless claim. I could have registered on this site as "The One True god". Would that make me more credible to you?

How about the fact that the name I did register was "abaddon" as appears in Rev 9:11? Does that make me more or less credible?

Why is your username an anagram for "Ciel, hhm?" Do you stare at the ceiling? Should I make that conclusion? Why? or Why not?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal