ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th August 2017, 04:31 AM   #1
Setsurinvich
Student

Lauren Stratford's niece believes her, claims was also abused by her "satanic" parent

I found this amusing bit awhile ago so apperently Gregory Reid one of the 10 people on earth who still believes in Lauren Stratford's story had mentioned at her funeral her niece Tristie believes her story. http://educate-yourself.org/mc/laure...d13may02.shtml

This appeared on wikipedia chat a few years back https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...oldid=39497592

someone claiming to be Tristie makes a comment about Stratford. Is it possible she is suffering from the same mental issues as her aunt? (assuming that really IS her)

This just seems to be an interesting reliec of a more bizzare time
Setsurinvich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 07:07 AM   #2
Alice Shortcake
Graduate Poster

All we need now is someone to believe Lauren Stratford's other lie, that she was a Holocaust survivor named Laura Grabowski. The spectacle of "Grabowski" feeding the fantasies of bogus Holocaust survivor Benjamin Wilkomirski was indeed bizarre.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:14 AM   #3
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Setsurinvich View Post
I found this amusing bit awhile ago so apperently Gregory Reid one of the 10 people on earth who still believes in Lauren Stratford's story had mentioned at her funeral her niece Tristie believes her story. http://educate-yourself.org/mc/laure...d13may02.shtml

This appeared on wikipedia chat a few years back https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...oldid=39497592

someone claiming to be Tristie makes a comment about Stratford. Is it possible she is suffering from the same mental issues as her aunt? (assuming that really IS her)

This just seems to be an interesting reliec of a more bizzare time
Right this minute we have a member claiming that witches can turn people into frogs. Nothing christians claim surprises me anymore.
Old 14th August 2017, 08:17 AM   #4
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Right this minute we have a member claiming that witches can turn people into frogs. Nothing christians claim surprises me anymore.
Who's claiming that? I want in.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 08:53 AM   #5
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Who's claiming that? I want in.
Starts here. Then builds up to claims that the proponent is a god, is your mother and you must bow before him. It happens that I found these claims more that a little odd and checked. Thereafter, it turned out that according to his claims, he was divorced by his wife, has no access to his kids, and 1,500 people got a group banning order. On foot of that, he took up residence in a corrugated shack at the outskirts of town with his brother, whom he convinced that the OP was jebus reborn.

Some fact checking later, turns out that such claims are baloney. The OP now has a gripe with me.

What gripe? Well, it seems to bother him that I had a mutual divorce, I have joint custody and I enjoy the company of my kids as if that was bad. He tried to imply that my kids were absent a mother, which is a lie. Joint custody seems a concept unknown to him. As is grown up parting of the ways.

/he has further stated that not only did he have separation and divorce, 1,500 of his townspeople banished him to the outskirts. With a barring order.

These are HIS claims. I have not ventured into what I found out.
Old 14th August 2017, 09:06 AM   #6
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Starts here. Then builds up to claims that the proponent is a god, is your mother and you must bow before him. It happens that I found these claims more that a little odd and checked. Thereafter, it turned out that according to his claims, he was divorced by his wife, has no access to his kids, and 1,500 people got a group banning order. On foot of that, he took up residence in a corrugated shack at the outskirts of town with his brother, whom he convinced that the OP was jebus reborn.

Some fact checking later, turns out that such claims are baloney. The OP now has a gripe with me.

What gripe? Well, it seems to bother him that I had a mutual divorce, I have joint custody and I enjoy the company of my kids as if that was bad. He tried to imply that my kids were absent a mother, which is a lie. Joint custody seems a concept unknown to him. As is grown up parting of the ways.

/he has further stated that not only did he have separation and divorce, 1,500 of his townspeople banished him to the outskirts. With a barring order.

These are HIS claims. I have not ventured into what I found out.
Ah, the banished old sage of the woods routine! That old chestnut.

Tbf, we need people like that around here these days, there's been a sore lack of, ahem, them old chestnuts!

I prefer it when they're not clinically ******* crazy, though. Takes the fun out of it.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 09:26 AM   #7
Alice Shortcake
Graduate Poster

I agree. I really miss the days of people believing they were the reincarnation of Bonnie Prince Charlie, or that spirits were speaking to them through their computers. Chew toys aren't what they used to be...
Old 14th August 2017, 09:30 AM   #8
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Alice Shortcake View Post
or that spirits were speaking to them through their computers.
I don't know what the rules are about mentioning other posters, but there are some who still believe this kind of stuff.

The Bigfoot threads still have one or two devout "Footers," and the "Value of the Paranormal Industry" thread has at least one believer of communicative spirits.

I personally enjoy communicating with a bottle of 40% proof spirit.

Old 14th August 2017, 02:40 PM   #9
Setsurinvich
Student

Tristie or the person pretending to be her claims Lauren was born in an internment Camp and that's why she believes she is a holocaust survivor. So she believes both stratfords stories
Setsurinvich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal