ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 24th June 2019, 11:09 AM   #4081
Joecool
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
You didn't know you were so right because with Satan nothing is free of charge then if you want to use money and get paid for your work your faith is in Satan.
Gaetan, you just don't get it. Money is not evil.

Money is just a tool. A hammer is not evil but someone could do evil things with a hammer. Same with money.

If i give money to help fee starving Ethiopians, is that money evil and showing faith in satan? If I spend money to help widows and orphans, is that showing faith in satan?

The Bible doesn't say that money is evil in any way, shape or form.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 02:46 PM   #4082
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You fellows will all get creasy when money will be abolished.
And I keep telling you that I have an iron and an ironing board so I can't get "creasy"

Maybe at weekends.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 02:58 PM   #4083
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Gaetan, you just don't get it. Money is not evil.

Money is just a tool. A hammer is not evil but someone could do evil things with a hammer. Same with money.

If i give money to help fee starving Ethiopians, is that money evil and showing faith in satan? If I spend money to help widows and orphans, is that showing faith in satan?

The Bible doesn't say that money is evil in any way, shape or form.
Jesus said that you can't have two master, God and money, God and Satan, this is one or the other.

ESV Mt 6

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 03:07 PM   #4084
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

Jesus said that you can't have two master, God and money, God and Satan, this is one or the other.

ESV Mt 6

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Are you claiming that Jesus was serving Satan when he said "the laborer deserves his wages"?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 04:09 PM   #4085
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

ESV Mt 6

Do you "serve" money? Is money your "master"? If not then it is possible, just in your own experience, for one to use money without serving it or having it as one's master.

Unless you must now confess to serving money and having money as your master, simply because you use it yourself. Your assertion above is not only pointless but knowingly, by you, pointless.

Additionally pointless as, even if you do confess as above, your simple inability to use money without serving it or it becoming your master in no way requires others to be likewise so subjectated.

Last edited by The Man; 24th June 2019 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added "even"
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2019, 05:59 PM   #4086
Little 10 Toes
Graduate Poster

I notice that you have posted 3 more times. Care to answer my questions?
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
I see that you have posted twice and have not answered my questions. Do my questions shatter your reality since you won't answer them and continually change the subject? Here they are again.
Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post

How do you support yourself?
Are you retired?
Are you on the dole?
Do you receive benefits from the government?
What do you provide in order to pay for food and shelter?
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM   #4087
Joecool
Master Poster

ESV Mt 6

Gaetan, you still don't get it. Having money doesn't mean I serve satan. Like I said I work and give money to Ethiopians who are starving, that is not being devoted to satan. Working and giving a tithe to the church is not serving satan.

I can work and earn money and spend and use money in ways that aligns with God's word.

What do you use your money for Gaetan?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #4088
Gaetan
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Gaetan, you still don't get it. Having money doesn't mean I serve satan. Like I said I work and give money to Ethiopians who are starving, that is not being devoted to satan. Working and giving a tithe to the church is not serving satan.

I can work and earn money and spend and use money in ways that aligns with God's word.

What do you use your money for Gaetan?
To go to heaven you have to be like God and what he gives us is free of charge. And if you want to go to hell you have to be as Satan, with him nothing is free of charge.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #4089
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

To go to heaven you have to be like God and what he gives us is free of charge. And if you want to go to hell you have to be as Satan, with him nothing is free of charge.
But you admitted that you use money, so you are going to hell.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM   #4090
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon

You and we and Jesus will all be in the company of Satan then since we all use or used money?

You don't really give any thought at all to your arguments, do you.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #4091
Joecool
Master Poster

The Bible says in order to go to heaven, you must believe in Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 - Jesus says I am the way the truth and the life. No one goes to the father except through me.

There is nothing in the Bible that says money is a no no.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance