ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Mueller investigation , Robert Mueller , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , William Barr

Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #2441
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
From CNN:

Mueller to testify publicly on July 17 following a subpoena. Before both the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2442
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I'll be watching Mueller's testimony with great interest.

ETA:
Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor‏Verified account @Yamiche

NEW: Rudy Giuliani just texted me “Who cares?” when I asked him for comment on Robert Mueller testifying before Congress on July 17
Giuliani: what a putz.

Last edited by Stacyhs; Yesterday at 11:02 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #2443
Lurch
Muse

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I'll be watching Mueller's testimony with great interest.

ETA:

Giuliani: what a putz.
And Lindsey Graham, upon being asked about Mueller's testifying, has stated (again) that for him it's case closed. These people want so badly for the temporary stasis bought by Barr's lying memo to keep on keeping on. I await Trumpy's attempts to keep Mueller away from the Capitol. Failing that, the frantic attacks and distractions will be ramping up.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:38 AM   #2444
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

From CNN:

Mueller to testify publicly on July 17 following a subpoena. Before both the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees.
I've already ordered an extra popcorn maker, and I'll be arranging to take Thursday July 18 off so that I can get up at 1:00am (that's 9am on the 17th DC time) to watch from the start of proceedings.
Old Today, 04:37 AM   #2445
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I've already ordered an extra popcorn maker, and I'll be arranging to take Thursday July 18 off so that I can get up at 1:00am (that's 9am on the 17th DC time) to watch from the start of proceedings.
My prediction is that, like the report itself, well be disappointed by the testimony, which will be loathe to go beyond said report.

But, of course Ill be watching. Hope springs eternal, and all that.
Old Today, 04:52 AM   #2446
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

It's going to be disappointing. He's going to say that he's said what he needed to say, and couch everything else damning in that soundbite-proof language of his.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:05 AM   #2447
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Smart questioners can frame questions to garner more info and get it into the congressional record that according to the chief investigator, Trump would have been indicted if he wasn't president, and that Congress needs to impeach to protect the country.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:24 AM   #2448
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
It's going to be disappointing. He's going to say that he's said what he needed to say, and couch everything else damning in that soundbite-proof language of his.
But hasn't he already sort of said that?

I mean the dude's already straight up said with pretty much zero ambiguity "My report is my testimony."

I'm not sure what juice we're still expecting to get from this particular apple.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #2449
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post

I mean the dude's already straight up said with pretty much zero ambiguity "My report is my testimony."

I'm not sure what juice we're still expecting to get from this particular apple.
The same juice. Over and over again. Hell, read the report out loud into the congressional record. The info in there is dynamite, yet many people think Trump's been "EXHONERATED"!

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #2450
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

A bigger audience.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:56 AM   #2451
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

A sound bite. Something the news can quote. Trumpers keep saying Mueller exonerated him, when what he really said was that Trump is a criming crimer who crimes all the crimes, only implied through quadruple negatives.

The only thing that might be different this time is the news that Barr shut down most of Mueller's spin-off investigations almost immediately. He was probably relying on those investigations to carry out justice in his stead. That's surely pissed him off, but has it pissed him off enough?
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:20 AM   #2452
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It will be funny to see if Republicans are foolish enough to ask Mueller if he thinks Trump is innocent.
Old Today, 06:24 AM   #2453
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It will be funny to see if Republicans are foolish enough to ask Mueller if he thinks Trump is innocent.
"On a scale from completely innocent to totally innocent, where would you put His Majesty? I mean, the king. President! I meant the president."
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #2454
Paul2
Philosopher

My prediction is that, like the report itself, well be disappointed by the testimony, which will be loathe to go beyond said report.
What should definitely go beyond the report will be the answers to Schiff's questions about what happened to the counter-intelligence investigation. Maybe there will be no there there, but we'll see.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics