IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags nostradamus

Old 2nd October 2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Rwalsh
Banned

Nostradamus predict the death of Princess Diana, The Queen, And for the Heir!

I know James Randi is very skeptic in the beleif of Nostradamus - to whom I feel sorry for.

So here is my Decipher. Only I written it for the queen instead of the Kings name.

http://newsaxon.org/blog/view/id_17448

Edited by Locknar:  Edited, breach of Rule 4.

Last edited by Locknar; 2nd October 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Sean84
Muse

It took you 22 months to post this indecipherable thread?

Let me rephrase that: What is your point?
Sean84 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:17 AM   #3
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Huh. I never thought of it that way. You may have a point. Just let me think about it a moment...

Oh, no wait, it's all absolute bull. My mistake.

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Lukraak_Sisser
Philosopher

Nostradamus can be interpreted in such a way that he 'predicted' whatever the reader wants to read into it.
He was the ultimate astrology writer, vague and generalistic so that his prophecies can fit whatever one wants to see.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:21 AM   #5
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Oh good grief.

Quote:
For God will take notice of the long barrenness of the great dame,
Diana's mother was 19 when she had her first child, 21 when she had her second, 23 when she had her third, 26 when she had her fourth (Diana), and 28 when she had her fifth.

Quote:
who thereupon will conceive two principal children
She had five children.

Quote:
But she will be in danger,
Nope. Died of natural causes aged 68.

Quote:
and the female to whom she will have given birth will also, because of the temerity of the age, be in danger of death in her eighteenth year,
She had three daughters, none of whom appear to have had any significant problems at age 18

Quote:
and will be unable to live beyond her thirty-sixth year.
A hit!

Quote:
She will leave three males, and one female, and of these two will not have had the same father.
Diana had only two children, not four.

Even by the usual standards of Nostradamus' apologists, this is pathetic. And why on earth would he have been making predictions about British royalty who wouldn't be born for centuries to French royalty in the first place? The former aren't even the latter's descendants AFAIK.

Last edited by Pixel42; 2nd October 2010 at 12:26 AM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean84 View Post
It took you 22 months to post this indecipherable thread?

Let me rephrase that: What is your point?
Nostradamus is Accurate,
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:31 AM   #7
Rwalsh
Banned

Quote:
She will leave three males, and one female, and of these two will not have had the same father.
Diana had only two children, not four.

Even by the usual standards of Nostradamus' apologists, this is pathetic. And why on earth would he have been making predictions about British royalty who wouldn't be born for centuries to French royalty in the first place? The former aren't even the latter's descendants AFAIK.

Three males... and one Female.

The more important in this situation

Prince Harry, Prince Phillip, Charles, And the Queen herself.

The most immidiate family to the throne.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:32 AM   #8
aussiethinker22
New Blood

I suppose the real value from a "soothsayer" is to reap the benefits prior to the event not fitting the lock to the key retrospectively
aussiethinker22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:33 AM   #9
Rwalsh
Banned

Principal - arch, capital, cardinal, champion, chief, controlling, crowning, dominant, essential, first, foremost, greatest, head, highest, incomparable, key, leading, main, mainline, major, matchless, maximum, outstanding, paramount, peerless, predominant, preeminent, premier, prevailing, primary, prime, prominent, second-to-none, sovereign, star, stellar, strongest, supereminent, superior, supreme, transcendent, unapproachable, unequaled, unparalleled, unrivaled
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:34 AM   #10
Rwalsh
Banned

Prince Harry the younger son will be the King of the Throne when Charles Passes. This is my Decipher.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:39 AM   #11
Sean84
Muse

Originally Posted by Rwalsh View Post

Principal - arch, capital, cardinal, champion, chief, controlling, crowning, dominant, essential, first, foremost, greatest, head, highest, incomparable, key, leading, main, mainline, major, matchless, maximum, outstanding, paramount, peerless, predominant, preeminent, premier, prevailing, primary, prime, prominent, second-to-none, sovereign, star, stellar, strongest, supereminent, superior, supreme, transcendent, unapproachable, unequaled, unparalleled, unrivaled
Does principal mean all of that or just any of it?

I seem to be missing your point again. Feel free to clarify.
Sean84 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:40 AM   #12
RossFW
Muse

Prince Harry the younger son will be the King of the Throne when Charles Passes. This is my Decipher.
So, if this doesn'r happen, will the problem be the prophecy or your decipher of it?
RossFW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:41 AM   #13
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Sean84 View Post
Does principal mean all of that or just any of it?

I seem to be missing your point again. Feel free to clarify.
Two principle Children. Prince Harry, prince william. Those who are to take heir of the throne...

Principle being the important word.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:49 AM   #14
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Two principle Children. Prince Harry, prince william. Those who are to take heir of the throne...
According to your 'decipher' it's Diana's mother who will have two principal children, after having been barren for a long time. She actually had five children (Diana, one that died and three others who seem equally uninteresting) between the ages of 19 and 28, so the very first line of this 'prophecy' tells us that whoever it's about, it certainly isn't about her and her children.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:49 AM   #15
Sean84
Muse

Principle being the important word.
The word you used was "principal" and you gave a long list of what appeared to be synonyms for it... And then you dodged my question about it. Care to explain?
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:53 AM   #16
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
According to your 'decipher' it's Diana's mother who will have two principal children, after having been barren for a long time. She actually had five children (Diana, one that died and three others who seem equally uninteresting) between the ages of 19 and 28, so the very first line of this 'prophecy' tells us that whoever it's about, it certainly isn't about her and her children.
Whats clear is the Death in the age. Im not to say I am correct about every word of this statement, but its evident of the apparent Age of Diana's Death. Thats Enough for me to beleive furthermore.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:56 AM   #17
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Three males... and one Female.

The more important in this situation

Prince Harry, Prince Phillip, Charles, And the Queen herself.

The most immidiate family to the throne.
It's actually not clear from the quoted 'prophecy' whether the 'she' that will leave three males and one female is the mother or the daughter, but it is clear from the reference to different fathers that it's children that's meant, not other members of the family. Diana's mother had three daughters and two sons (one of whom died at birth, leaving one male and three females) and Diana left two sons, so the verse can't be interpreted as applying to either of them.

ETA:

Quote:
Whats clear is the Death in the age. Im not to say I am correct about every word of this statement, but its evident of the apparent Age of Diana's Death. Thats Enough for me to beleive furthermore.
If a single hit amongst a host of misses is enough to convince you of the accuracy of a prophecy then you are going to spend your whole life being wrong about absolutely everything.

Last edited by Pixel42; 2nd October 2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 2nd October 2010, 12:57 AM   #18
bookitty
Philosopher

Why would the death of Diana be important enough to warrant a prediction? It was very sad but it didn't change the world in any way. It didn't affect the amount of power held by the British royal family, it didn't start any wars, it didn't lead to a financial crisis or have any other major repercussions. It was just a private tragedy made public because the players were known.

I don't believe that Nostradamus ever truly predicted anything. The quatrains are all so vague that anything can be read in them. But if he did have some magic future-vision, why waste it on tabloid headline nonsense?
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:00 AM   #19
papango
Student

What about the rest of the letter. It goes on to say ...

... There will be great differences between the three brothers, and then there will be such great co-operation and agreement between them that the three and four parts of Europe will tremble. The youngest of them will sus- tain and augment the Christian monarchy, and under him sects will be elevated, and suddenly cast down, Arabs will be driven back, kingdoms united and new laws promulgated.

The oldest one will rule the land whose escutcheon is that of the furious crowned lions with their paws resting upon intrepid arms.

The one second in age, accompanied by the Latins, will penetrate far, until a second furious and trembling path has been beaten to the Great St. Bernard Pass. From there he will descend to mount the Pyrenees, which will not, however, be transferred to the French crown. And this third one will cause a great inundation of human blood, and for a long time Lent will not include March.

Is Harry going to march on the Pyreness?
papango is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:01 AM   #20
bookitty
Philosopher

36 is the age that Marylin Monroe died. She was "perpetually dazzling" as well. This is obviously about her.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:02 AM   #21
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

OK, let's talk about the rules for interpreting Nostradamus.

Rule 1. Your interpretation MUST start by citing a specific quatrain (or in this case) paragraphs

Rule 2. Your post MUST include the quatrain in the original French.

Rule 3. If you are going to substitute words, then you need to clearly describe how you decided what the new word was going to be.

If you cannot follow these rules, then there is absolutely no reason to take you seriously.

Oh, and what Pixel42 said. That, too.

Last edited by Ladewig; 2nd October 2010 at 01:04 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:05 AM   #22
Rwalsh
Banned

Its from the epistle. not everything has to be interpreted out of the quatrains. All the writings are important. The Letter to Cesar, The Epstile, and the Quatrains are all intertwine to bring forth knowledge.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:05 AM   #23
philkensebben
Illuminator

Pretty sure its a prediction concerning Katie Price. Read into it a bit more and i'm sure you'll find something about breast implants.
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:06 AM   #24
Sean84
Muse

Originally Posted by bookitty View Post
*snip*
But if he did have some magic future-vision, why waste it on tabloid headline nonsense?
Booze money.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:07 AM   #25
Rwalsh
Banned

I cannot answer all your questions....
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:16 AM   #26
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I cannot answer all your questions....
Then you shouldn't have posted an obviously ludicrous claim on a forum whose members are notorious for asking them.

Next time try asking yourself the obvious questions (like: why does almost nothing this prophecy says apply to the people I'm about to claim it applies to) before posting.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:20 AM   #27
Rwalsh
Banned

Then you shouldn't have posted an obviously ludicrous claim on a forum whose members are notorious for asking them.

Next time try asking yourself the obvious questions (like: why does almost nothing this prophecy says apply to the people I'm about to claim it applies to) before posting.
Im sorry-
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:22 AM   #28
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Im sorry-
That's OK, as long as you've learned something
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:24 AM   #29
Rwalsh
Banned

I suppose I will not post anymore of my Deciphers..
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:26 AM   #30
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Its from the epistle. not everything has to be interpreted out of the quatrains. All the writings are important. The Letter to Cesar, The Epstile, and the Quatrains are all intertwine to bring forth knowledge.
Fine. Then provide the original text of this letter in French.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:28 AM   #31
Rwalsh
Banned

nm
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:28 AM   #32
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

See, that's not what I'd hoped you had learned. I'd hoped you had learned that attempting to decipher Nostradamus' prophecies is a pointless waste of your time.

I suspect this whole thread is a wind up.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:30 AM   #33
bookitty
Philosopher

If you are posting them to get a round of applause, then you're right. Posting them here will probably not be satisfying. If you are posting them to get honest (albeit brutally honest) feedback, a bit of logic and a skeptical interpretation, then by all means post away. You just have to decide what is more important, your ego or your enlightenment.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:30 AM   #34
Rwalsh
Banned

See, that's not what I'd hoped you had learned. I'd hoped you had learned that attempting to decipher Nostradamus' prophecies is a pointless waste of your time.

I suspect this whole thread is a wind up.
Not true. The deciphers I compiled became evident of future events.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:33 AM   #35
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Because the eldest son is not From King Charles, and he will elect the youngest son Prince Harry to be the Heir to the throne when he is finished. The Dieing Father will have recommended it.
So does Prince Charles already know that William is not his son or is that something he will learn just before he is dying?

Maybe I have an overactive imagination, but I suspect that the royal family would have already done a paternity test on the two boys. Especially when rumors of infidelity abounded.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:35 AM   #36
Rwalsh
Banned

I cannot answer all your questions
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:37 AM   #37
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Not true. The deciphers I compiled became evident of future events.
On the evidence of the example put forward in this thread, I beg leave to doubt that.

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
So does Prince Charles already know that William is not his son or is that something he will learn just before he is dying?

Maybe I have an overactive imagination, but I suspect that the royal family would have already done a paternity test on the two boys. Especially when rumors of infidelity abounded.
It's actually Harry who's suspected of having a different father. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that William's paternity is questionable.

Last edited by Pixel42; 2nd October 2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:38 AM   #38
philkensebben
Illuminator

With all the side stepping, this much is obvious. Somewhat ironically, i could have predicted this.
philkensebben is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:39 AM   #39
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Can you answer any of them?

Here's one more. When Nostradamus was writing about Princess Di's death and potential heirs to the British throne, why was it necessary "to cloud the meaning of the message"?
Old 2nd October 2010, 01:39 AM   #40
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Perhaps you should spend a little time thinking about them, then. You may find it interesting.

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal