IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags nostradamus

Old 12th December 2010, 11:58 AM   #881
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Rwalsh View Post
it still intrigues me to continue whatever this maybe. I dont know what this all means. But if it is to learn something prophetic speech, I Love prophetic speech.
You haven't shown that this is prophetic. They say love is blind - Is this why you do not address the Rorschach ink blot problem?
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 12:17 PM   #882
desertgal
Illuminator

He would have nothing to say about such small and minor events, no matter how large it may seem to you.
I could point out that Diana's death was just as insignificant...but there seems to be little point. You don't come here to consider legitimate counterpoints to your misguided thinking...or even read them.

Quote:
But what I can tell you with certainty... That his ruling and his son.
Will not be in favor of the common people.
Nonsense. The monarch doesn't rule the common people. It's a ceremonial position. Period.

Quote:
And for the people, would not be too satisfied without a female monarch when she is gone.
More nonsense. Those dissatisfied with the monarchy are dissatisfied with the institution, regardless of who the figurehead is.

Quote:
The Epistle to Henry II.

I feel that the Epistle itself is written for... Epistle to Queen Elizabeth II
No. It isn't.
Old 12th December 2010, 12:18 PM   #883
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Not the unsinkable rubber duck known as Nostradamus again. People read all sorts of stuff in his quatrains but in variably always find the prediction of events after the event had occurred. I remember reading books about Nostradamus in the 1970's and 80's and they were predicting based on interpretation of the quatrains that this or that event would happen in the future. Like the world would end in 1999, or a large asteroid would strikee in 1988 and so on and so forth. What was virtually certain was that the events predicted from his quatrains to occur in the future never happened and yet regarding past events Nostradamus was right.

Isn't it amazing what you can read into vague poetry.

More than a decade ago a show here in Canada called History Bites had an episode in which Nostradamus was a psychic selling his quatrains on a 16th century Home Shopping Network. Sums up Natradamus perfectly.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 12:36 PM   #884
bookitty
Philosopher

it still intrigues me to continue whatever this maybe. I dont know what this all means. But if it is to learn something prophetic speech, I Love prophetic speech.
Language is amazing. Maybe you should branch out. Nostradamus isn't the only person to have written in the 16th century. There's also Shakespeare (Might I recommend the Tempest); Miguel de Cervantes (Don Quixote, I think you'll relate); and my favorite, Boccaccio's Decameron.

If you want that translator thrill, go back a hundred years and check out Chaucer. There are a few different annotated Canterbury Tales but if you pick up an edition without the notes, it'll keep you entertained for months.
Old 12th December 2010, 02:18 PM   #885
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Rwalsh, why not find something that you think is a prediction of a future event and share it with us? Include date, time, location and other details of the putative occurrence; that way we'll have a baseline to work against.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 04:28 PM   #886
Apology
This title intentionally left blank

Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
Sounds like a reference to the Protestant Reformation and John Calvin, who preached in Geneva for many years to the great dissatisfaction of the French Catholic establishment. But as Calvin was a contemporary of Nostradamus, I wouldn't count this as a prophecy.

ETA: Since Nostradamus supposedly predicted the death of the queen, Diana, and the heir, what did he have to say about this week's demonstrations in London, where the heir got himself caught in the middle of a riot?

Originally Posted by Nostradumbest
Century X Quatrain 67
French version:

Assourdi par des années de silence, le prince
avec l'appareil plus grand audience viendra sur la terre
dans les rues d'Angleterre, entourée par le luxe
il entendra les appeler pour un chef de file sans tête.

And in English:
Deafened by years of silence, the Prince
with the greatest hearing apparatus will come to earth
in the streets of England, surrounded by luxury
he will hear them call for a leader without a head.
Truly amazing, n'est ce pas?
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 04:33 PM   #887
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
You haven't shown that this is prophetic. They say love is blind - Is this why you do not address the Rorschach ink blot problem?
Love is blind... Becuase people like you folks are ignorant.

@Apology
Its states here

Century X Quatrain 67

A very mighty trembling in the month of May, Saturn in Capricorn, Jupiter and Mercury in Taurus: Venus also, Cancer, Mars in Virgo, Hail will fall larger than an egg.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 04:58 PM   #888
desertgal
Illuminator

No, love is "blind" because we tend to focus on only the best features in the people we love. The term has absolutely nothing to do with whether anyone here is "ignorant".

Incidentally, please define "ignorant". Are we ignorant because, unlike you, we are not wasting our lives with sitting at home trying to retrofit the quatrains of Nostradamus into events they didn't predict?
Old 12th December 2010, 05:28 PM   #889
Apology

@Apology
Its states here

Century X Quatrain 67

A very mighty trembling in the month of May, Saturn in Capricorn, Jupiter and Mercury in Taurus: Venus also, Cancer, Mars in Virgo, Hail will fall larger than an egg.
See what does that even mean? The last time that these constellations aligned like that was in April 1929, and it won't happen again until May 3755, which is after Nostradamus' predicted end of the world, depending on which interpreter you believe. There was a big earthquake in 1929, but it wasn't in May, when Nostradamus talks about a great trembling. In addition, I haven't been able to find any record of egg-sized hail anywhere in 1929, although plenty of places were keeping records that far back.

The prediction in Nostradumber's book makes more sense.
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 09:26 PM   #890
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
No, love is "blind" because we tend to focus on only the best features in the people we love. The term has absolutely nothing to do with whether anyone here is "ignorant".

Incidentally, please define "ignorant". Are we ignorant because, unlike you, we are not wasting our lives with sitting at home trying to retrofit the quatrains of Nostradamus into events they didn't predict?
Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death.
Jean Jacques Rousseau

It isnt all that bad now is it? When I got the wise crack jokes from you to entertain me during this course.

@Apology,

Since when have you become a Decipher Seems u studied something?? Im not aware of your research, do tell- Becuase according to this quatrain, and many ALIKE! that mention planetary things. Its best to ask- Slooh Friend over on facebook. Whenever I have a question, Those professionals usually tell me.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/slooh

You may also wish to add me on facebook if you are so inclined to do so.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/LionsPride

You may look at some of my artwork, in a sketchbook on Concept art.org

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=195869

Last edited by Rwalsh; 12th December 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2010, 09:47 PM   #891
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

Yikes.

You managed to take vague Middle Ages gobbledygook and decipher some kind of modern-day example that fits the pattern.

You should really have your own religious TV show. Jack Van Impe does this every day, albeit he has much nicer hair than you.
Old 13th December 2010, 01:09 AM   #892
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeyDonuts View Post
Yikes.

You managed to take vague Middle Ages gobbledygook and decipher some kind of modern-day example that fits the pattern.

You should really have your own religious TV show. Jack Van Impe does this every day, albeit he has much nicer hair than you.
o great. another smart mouth
Welcome to my thread. I hope you wont be back.. Already racked up the common bad mouthed regulars hope u dont become one of them- Thats all I need to finnish this day, another regular taking crack jokes at me.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 13th December 2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 13th December 2010, 01:32 AM   #893
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

o great. another smart mouth
Welcome to my thread. I hope you wont be back.. Already racked up the common bad mouthed regulars hope u dont become one of them- Thats all I need to finnish this day, another regular taking crack jokes at me.
That's it, mate. Build up that persecution complex. I am sure it makes for a great distraction that allows you to ignore the ink blot problem.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2010, 04:18 AM   #894
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Mod InfoCareful folks - we're getting borderline infractable here. Please remember your Membership Agreement - keep the discussion civil, and attack the argument, not the arguer.
Posted By:arthwollipot

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2010, 05:16 AM   #895
dafydd
Banned

- Thats all I need to finnish this day, another regular taking crack jokes at me.
That's what you are here for,our entertainment.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2010, 05:17 AM   #896
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Mod InfoCareful folks - we're getting borderline infractable here. Please remember your Membership Agreement - keep the discussion civil, and attack the argument, not the arguer.
Posted By:arthwollipot
He called us ignorant,I would construe that as an attack.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2010, 06:18 AM   #897
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

In case you missed it the first time:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
Rwalsh, why not find something that you think is a prediction of a future event and share it with us? Include date, time, location and other details of the putative occurrence; that way we'll have a baseline to work against.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2010, 06:44 AM   #898
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Indeed; for example, since the British Royal Family is apparently so significant, are there any verses prophesying that the wife of the heir to the throne would be poked with a stick, as happened last week? Decoded before the event, of course.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2010, 10:33 AM   #899
dafydd
Banned

Rwalsh,can you take a look at the quatrains and predict something instead of retro-fitting events? Tell us about something that will happen,say,next year.
Old 13th December 2010, 03:07 PM   #900
Apology

@Apology,

Since when have you become a Decipher Seems u studied something?? Im not aware of your research, do tell- Becuase according to this quatrain, and many ALIKE! that mention planetary things. Its best to ask- Slooh Friend over on facebook. Whenever I have a question, Those professionals usually tell me.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/slooh

You may also wish to add me on facebook if you are so inclined to do so.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/LionsPride

You may look at some of my artwork, in a sketchbook on Concept art.org

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=195869
According to the price tag on the back of my Nostradamus book, I became interested in Nostradamus around 1992 and I know I realized it was all a crock by 1996 at the latest because that's when I left college.

What made me realize that Nostradamus was a crock? I took a mandatory class on critical thinking while I was in college. This class taught me the basics of logic, which in turn taught me how to realize when people are lying to me, telling me what I want to hear, or stretching the truth to fit their own agenda.

As part of that class, we watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dp2Zqk8vHw

I know it's about astrology, but Nostradamus was an astrologer, as well as using the same type of writing in order to make his "predictions". I also know that this video may seem like a "trick" being played on the students, but it makes an important point. Vaguely-worded predictions can be interpreted to apply to anyone or any situation so that they seem to be accurate and real.

What I really want is for you to direct the time and energy you're spending on Nostradamus studying something really worthwhile that will pay you back some real benefits in the future. I can guarantee you that Nostradamus never will. In the amount of time you've spent studying Nostradamus you could have taken art classes or learned the basics of a foreign language. You might have been able to decode half of the French in any Nostradamus quatrain on your own instead of depending on someone else to do it for you. You could have learned the basics of playing the guitar. You could have read the top 20 best English literature novels. You could have learned a computer language so that you could design your own websites and written your own programs. Any one of these things would have been more useful than reading Nostradamus.

I don't really "do" facebook or social networking sites, but if you'd like to discuss a quatrain you can post about it here or send me a PM and I will discuss it with you without making fun of you (although I will make fun of Nostradamus himself). I've been very busy with the Wikileaks cable thing and taking care of my elderly parents, but I should be able to get back to you in a day or two.

BTW I've looked at your artwork and you are really good! The only thing I'd say in criticism is that some of it is kind of scary and wouldn't match people's couches very well, so if you're having trouble selling it, that's why. However, I think it's better to stay true to yourself rather than become the next Thomas Kinkade. It's more important to have fun and feel inspired than it is to make money anyway. Spend more time on art and less time on Nostradamus please. Your art can still be scary and not match people's couches and I'll still like it and so will a lot of other people!
Old 13th December 2010, 05:54 PM   #901
Rwalsh
Banned

I KNOW ITS REAL. THERE IS NO ILLUSION AS TO WHAT NOSTRADAMUS WAS. In time he will present to me knowledge. But right now is not that time YET. It shall come. Not as soon as you hope but it will present itself before you, non-believers.

Infact' Who would you believe more. God Or Nostradamus to be more correct?
You Believe in God do you not? Its crossed everyones mind at one point, Everyones mind.

The only reason Men complain, is that Men Die'

God is a Prophecy itself, The Whole Universe is Prophecy.

Its Beyond your understanding.

Do you believe that all men were designed equally' That all mens Minds are alike? No they are not, Some peoples minds are powerful unique in its task of individualism

Sure All this Nostradamus stuff Baffles the mind, I agree. But without the persuit of mystery- Then what is left to keep a person on edge, To think strong, to know decisions, to create- To manifest to learn, To do anything?

Like a 8 year old that can count numbers like a Calculator could. Or a Child who constructs Canvas masterpieces.

You are baffled then are you not? Then what makes Nostradamus so far from that construct. Nostradamus mind was completly diverse, diametrical, calculatory, even imaginatory- Who understands the mind? You only tend to understand your own mind, And to think that we are all alike, But that is simply not. Some Plants grow different and the same with humans.

JAMES RANDI, He eats off the common peoples minds to make him belief his skepticism, and He desecrates Nostradamus as if he was some Ripped up clothing ready to be tossed to the curb-

WHO IS HE TO TAKE AWAY.
Hes like the Guy who goes around Saying "THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUSE" To a Group of 2 Year olds.

In this Case, He is simply ATTACKING PROPHECY Becuase his mind was No way near Grown to know how to understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVq02...eature=related

Last edited by Rwalsh; 13th December 2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 13th December 2010, 06:16 PM   #902
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I View Post
I KNOW ITS REAL. THERE IS NO ILLUSION AS TO WHAT NOSTRADAMUS WAS. In time he will present to me knowledge. But right now is not that time YET. It shall come. Not as soon as you hope but it will present itself before you, non-believers.

You Believe in God do you not? Its crossed everyones mind at one point, Everyones mind.

Do you believe that all men were designed equally' That all mens Minds are alike? No they are not, Some peoples minds are powerful unique in its task of individualism

Sure All this Nostradamus stuff Baffles the mind, I agree. But without the persuit of mystery- Then what is left to keep a person on edge, To think strong, to know decisions, to create- To manifest to learn, To do anything?

Like a 8 year old that can count numbers like a Calculator could. Or a Child who constructs Canvas masterpieces.

You are baffled then are you not? Then what makes Nostradamus so far from that construct. Nostradamus mind was completly diverse, diametrical, calculatory, even imaginatory- Who understands the mind? You only tend to understand your own mind, And to think that we are all alike, But that is simply not. Some Plants grow different and the same with humans.

JAMES RANDI, He eats off the common peoples minds to make him belief his skepticism, and He desecrates Nostradamus as if he was some Ripped up clothing ready to be tossed to the curb-

WHO IS HE TO TAKE AWAY.
Hes like the Guy who goes around Saying "THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUSE" To a Group of 2 Year olds.

In this Case, He is simply ATTACKING PROPHECY Becuase his mind was No way near Grown to know how to understand it.
So are you saying you see nothing in Nostradamus that could be a prediction of a future event? And this is because you're not yet worthy or something? Doesn't it seem to you that this is a pretty poor excuse for a prophet?
Old 13th December 2010, 06:40 PM   #903
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

WHO IS HE TO TAKE AWAY.

First of all, I'm fairly certain Randi wouldn't do such a thing to children, but it is interesting that you chose that particular comparison. You do realize that in that example you are putting yourself (and others like you) in the roles of the two year olds? Is it that maybe, deep down you know Nostradamus' powers weren't real and while you know it you don't want to believe it and in any case you don't want someone (I assume) you take to be a smug, mean-spirited know-it-all rubbing your face in it?

I, too have taken a look at your artwork and you have genuine talent. I sincerely suggest that you devote more time to that and less time to this Nostradamus nonsense.
Old 13th December 2010, 06:52 PM   #904
dafydd
Banned

WHO IS HE TO TAKE AWAY.

Stick to the art.
Old 13th December 2010, 06:56 PM   #905
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
First of all, I'm fairly certain Randi wouldn't do such a thing to children, but it is interesting that you chose that particular comparison. You do realize that in that example you are putting yourself (and others like you) in the roles of the two year olds? Is it that maybe, deep down you know Nostradamus' powers weren't real and while you know it you don't want to believe it and in any case you don't want someone (I assume) you take to be a smug, mean-spirited know-it-all rubbing your face in it?

I, too have taken a look at your artwork and you have genuine talent. I sincerely suggest that you devote more time to that and less time to this Nostradamus nonsense.
You forget that, Nostradamus has artistic craft and so did his son Caesar. Art is prophetic as well- Everything is Prophetic

"Everything is Prophetic"
Old 13th December 2010, 07:08 PM   #906
dafydd
Banned

You forget that, Nostradamus has artistic craft and so did his son Caesar. Art is prophetic as well- Everything is Prophetic

Is my washing machine prophetic?
Old 13th December 2010, 07:29 PM   #907
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

I note you ducked the first part of my post. Did I pose an uncomfortable question?

As far as "everything" being prophetic, if that really is true, why not stick with art? You are genuinely good at that and it is clear that that is your best mode of expression. Your attempts at both interpreting and defending Nostradamus on the other hand are confusing and embarrassing.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:07 AM   #908
SusanB-M1
Incurable Optimist

If you believe this, then you must believe that future events are already in place, waiting for time to catch up. But if you think that, then it follows that everything that every one of us is doing is simply following a laid down path; in which case we are all controlled puppets, not creatively-thinking individuals; which means, therefore, that your art work is not the product of your creative mind, but something you have already been programmed to do.
SusanB-M1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2010, 01:03 AM   #909
fromdownunder
Philosopher

You know what is real? You have yet to offer any evidence that what Nosti "predicted" has ever come true.

Quote:
No, I lack a belief in God, as many people on this forum do. There is no evidence that a god ever existed, just as there is no evidence that any of Nosti;s "predictions" ever came true.

Quote:

Yeah, sometimes utter crap sounds profound, but it is still utter crap.

Quote:
I do not accept that anybody is created equal. I accept that people are born, live and die. The fact that a complete nutmeg like Nosti was born, lived and died is neither here, nor there.

Quote:
Nosti's crap does not baffle my mind. He was a fruitcake,

Quote:
You seem to have skill for art, Stick to that. As far as Nosti goes, give it up.

Quote:
The issue is, at this point, you have not posted anything at all that Nosti predicted anything at all. That is not our problem, that is your problem. You seem utterly incapable of identifying any quatrain to any future event. So why ehould people take you seriously?

Quote:
I don't know Randi art all. I think for myself, and look at the evidence. You have provided no evidence of ANYTHING AT ALL in this thread, you fail utterly..

Quote:
WHO IS HE TO TAKE AWAY.

[/quote]

Who cares? You have offered no evidence for anything. And your failure to provide evidence for anything will continue. And I suspect that my prediction will be truer than anything you say on this thread.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 14th December 2010 at 01:07 AM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2010, 01:06 AM   #910
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
Is my washing machine prophetic?
It does lend credence to my theory about missng left socks.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2010, 03:57 AM   #911
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Hes like the Guy who goes around Saying "THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUSE"

Chico Marx?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2010, 05:06 AM   #912
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing

I keep telling myself there is no Santa Clause.
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2010, 01:32 AM   #913
Apology

My mom says that when I saw the Christmas tree at 2 I was terrified, and I screamed and ran away, so I guess I'd have been relieved if someone had told me there was no Santa Clause. Apparently I took the presence of such a large amount of foliage inside the house as a sign that something sinister was afoot
Old 15th December 2010, 01:54 AM   #914
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Apology View Post
Apparently I took the presence of such a large amount of foliage inside the house as a sign that something sinister was afoot

Were you Macbeth in an earlier life? His downfall involved mobile foliage.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2010, 01:57 PM   #915
poblob14
Muse

I hereby shamefully admit that I only read the first and last couple of pages of this thread, so if I'm not the first to point this out, I'm sorry.

But some seem to score this as a sort-of hit:

Originally Posted by Mr. Notre Dame
the female to whom she will have given birth will also,
because of the temerity of the age, be in danger of death in her
eighteenth year, and will be unable to live beyond her thirty-sixth
year.
Now, of course, there's the problem of figuring out who that's talking about; but let's assume for a minute it really does refer to Diana, Princess of Wales, and says she won't live beyond her thirty-sixth year.

That, friends and neighbors, is a clear MISS.

Diana was born the same year as me, 1961, on July 1. She died August 31, 1997, about two months after her 36th birthday.

Now, students, a pop quiz: When does your first year end? Answer: On your first birthday. Question the second: when does your thirty-sixth year end?

Diana absolutely lived beyond her thirty-sixth year. Almost two months beyond it, in fact.

Yeah, I know, very small point. I'm just sayin', even the hit ain't a hit.
poblob14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th December 2010, 02:00 PM   #916
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by SusanB-M1 View Post
If you believe this, then you must believe that future events are already in place, waiting for time to catch up. But if you think that, then it follows that everything that every one of us is doing is simply following a laid down path; in which case we are all controlled puppets, not creatively-thinking individuals; which means, therefore, that your art work is not the product of your creative mind, but something you have already been programmed to do.
I'm sure I could find a Nostra quatrain that predicted that,with a little shoehorning.
Old 18th December 2010, 12:54 AM   #917
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I note you ducked the first part of my post. Did I pose an uncomfortable question?

As far as "everything" being prophetic, if that really is true, why not stick with art? You are genuinely good at that and it is clear that that is your best mode of expression. Your attempts at both interpreting and defending Nostradamus on the other hand are confusing and embarrassing.
Then so be it. I will, for now, retire from posting to anyone comments anymore. Replying to anything here is too overwhelming
Old 18th December 2010, 01:59 AM   #918
fromdownunder
Philosopher

'bye.

Norm
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2010, 02:57 AM   #919
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Then so be it. I will, for now, retire from posting to anyone comments anymore. Replying to anything here is too overwhelming
Just imagine how tiring it would have been if you'd actually put some thought into your answers!

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2010, 03:33 AM   #920
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
It does lend credence to my theory about missng left socks.
I solve that problem by only buying black socks.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal