IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags nostradamus

Old 18th December 2010, 04:23 AM   #921
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Originally Posted by Rwalsh View Post
Then so be it. I will, for now, retire from posting to anyone comments anymore. Replying to anything here is too overwhelming

How would you know? You haven't been replying to anyone so you can hardly 'retire' from doing so. Quoting someone and then typing a heap of mostly off-topic nonsense underneath the quote isn't replying, it's spamming, or something.

Take this for example:

JAMES RANDI, He eats off the common peoples minds to make him belief his skepticism, and He desecrates Nostradamus as if he was some Ripped up clothing ready to be tossed to the curb-

And that was followed up with a random AC/DC music clip!

Or this mess:

o great. another smart mouth
Welcome to my thread. I hope you wont be back.. Already racked up the common bad mouthed regulars hope u dont become one of them- Thats all I need to finnish this day, another regular taking crack jokes at me.

Pouting, semi-literate rubbish, unrelated in any way to your alleged topic and displaying an utter lack of anything like the language skills necessary to even understand and translate Nossie's quatrains, let alone glean any prophetic meaning from them and convey that meaning to others.

The most you appear to have achieved so far is to identify a few real places that Nossie mentioned, done a bit of Googling and posted the results as some kind of evidence of prophecy.

"Everything is Prophetic"???

Drivel.

Life is mostly Froth and Bubble - Adam Lindsay Gordon
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 12:36 PM   #922
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
How would you know? You haven't been replying to anyone so you can hardly 'retire' from doing so. Quoting someone and then typing a heap of mostly off-topic nonsense underneath the quote isn't replying, it's spamming, or something.

Take this for example:

And that was followed up with a random AC/DC music clip!

Or this mess:

Pouting, semi-literate rubbish, unrelated in any way to your alleged topic and displaying an utter lack of anything like the language skills necessary to even understand and translate Nossie's quatrains, let alone glean any prophetic meaning from them and convey that meaning to others.

The most you appear to have achieved so far is to identify a few real places that Nossie mentioned, done a bit of Googling and posted the results as some kind of evidence of prophecy.

"Everything is Prophetic"???

Drivel.

Everything is Prophecy. Everything is Prophetic. Yes
Do you listen to the echos' feel the vibrations, sensing awareness
The embodiment of life, the spirit burning
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 01:57 PM   #923
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Maybe you'd have more luck getting your ideas across if you posted them in plain English, with proper sentences and stuff.

Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 02:18 PM   #924
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Somehow I doubt that.

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 02:20 PM   #925
desertgal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
Drivel.
Boring drivel at that.
Old 24th December 2010, 02:38 PM   #926
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Okay, I think I've interpreted this one
Line 1 - This is an agreement that conjugation is important
Line 2 - This a a reference to a music group The Echoes and their soon to be release album Feel The Vibrations
Line 3 - Obvious reference to flaming vodka shots.

Analysis - this is a prediction that some English Lit undergrads will be having a party, drinking vodka and talking shop sometime soon.
Old 24th December 2010, 05:01 PM   #927
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster

Wait, didn't Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch release "Feel the Vibration"?

Edit: Oops. It was "Good Vibrations"

Last edited by Little 10 Toes; 24th December 2010 at 05:03 PM.
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 05:04 PM   #928
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster

No it is not.

Edit: Heck, you haven't even proved that either Nostro or you are prophetic.

Last edited by Little 10 Toes; 24th December 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 09:50 PM   #929
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Well show us something...anything!

What you have posted on this thread to date would keep the Rose Garden at Werribee Park Mansion fed for three years. Why not, you know actually say something intelligent. You are the one who claims to be the prophet or know what the prophet nosti is saying. Why are you so utterly incapable of expaining even ONE of his so called prophesies?

I could guess why, I already have. And you cannot even keep your own word.

Quote:
Then so be it. I will, for now, retire from posting to anyone comments anymore.
Like a dog returning to its own vomit...

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 24th December 2010 at 09:52 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th December 2010, 10:29 PM   #930
Rwalsh
Banned

Thanks Norm. Merry christmas to you to.
Rwalsh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2010, 04:55 AM   #931
dafydd
Banned

Drivel.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2010, 07:46 PM   #932
Elizabeth I
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Wait, didn't Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch release "Feel the Vibration"?

Edit: Oops. It was "Good Vibrations"
Philistine! It was the Beach Boys.
Elizabeth I is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2010, 09:27 PM   #933
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
Rwalsh: Nostrdsamus is nonsense. You know it is, really. But you are not the first to find him interesting and you certainly won't be the last

You have already found the only true use for his writing: it leads you to learn about things you have not come across before. May I suggest you recogmise this benefit and use it? For example, you now know for certain that Narbonne and Carcassonne exist and where they are. Carcassonne has led you to the Cathars. The history of the Cathars is really interesting and well worth spending some time on. Forget Nostradamus and read about that instead. You will learn a lot about theology and about persecution: and if you find that interesting you will be lead to other periods of history; other persecutions and wars and stuff: other heresies if that is what captures your imagination.

It doesn't much matter what you choose to study: it might be art you were led to because you stumbled on the painting of lady godiva, for example. Any and all of these can be rich fields and you don't need the woo. You can become very special just by really mastering one area of study: it is more work than being special cos of imaginary experiences, but it is a lot more solid. Or you can become a dilletante: that doesn't make you so special but it is still worth while: if you dip into different stuff that crosses your path and gain a little knowledge about a lot of stuff it enriches your life: and eventually you start to make wee connections out of the ragbag and that lets you widen your outlook beyond what you were brought up to believe.

But whatever you do recognise this: knowledge does not come easy: it does not fall into your head from the sky or from dreams: it takes effort and it is worth effort. There are generations of really smart people who went before you whatever you try to learn: it is very unlikely you are going to come up with anything really original: and the more you learn the more you realise that: and those bastards said that too But you can spend a lifetime in the pursuit and you will lose nothing.
There are somethings that should be left to universal blessings of a soul. And to do what is Just as a human to persue whatever is necissary. Even if it dose cost me the entire life in search of benifits in the truth and te help people.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:43 PM   #934
I Am He
Critical Thinker

There are somethings that should be left to universal blessings of a soul. And to do what is Just as a human to persue whatever is necissary. Even if it dose cost me the entire life in search of benifits in the truth and te help people.
It seems to me you are not helping anyone, not even yourself, with that kind of gibberish.

I Am He
Old 26th December 2010, 09:47 PM   #935
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh

Why did you bother going back 16 pages to find a post to pretend to respond to when it would have made just as much sense (none at all) to simply type the meaningless drivel that you did as a stand-alone post?

Old 27th December 2010, 12:10 AM   #936
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Rwash, nobody besides you in this thread believes that Nostradmaus offers any truth that you might use to help others. And they have shown you why no predictive truth can be found in Nostradamus. I am glad you bumped Fiona's quote - it was a good one. I want to keep discovering the best ideas about this world we live in until the day I depart it.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2010, 12:14 PM   #937
Apology
This title intentionally left blank

If you want to help others, go volunteer at a soup kitchen, Boys and Girls Club, or a hospice. You will help many more there than you ever would by trying to interpret Nostradamus.

I admire your wish to help people. I really do. I'm just saying, there are many more effective ways to do it.
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2010, 01:56 PM   #938
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Your posts tend to be chock-full of spelling mistakes and generally tortured grammar. This is nothing to be ashamed of, particularly if English is not your first language, but that still doesn't explain why you don't avail yourself of a spell checker? It speaks to a general intellectual laziness that does your cause no good, especially when you are attempting to portray yourself as a master of parsing the obscure English translations of an already obscure French text. In other words, why should anyone take your language interpretation skills seriously when you can't seem to express yourself clearly/accurately in your own words? Imagine someone coming here who claimed that they were an expert on the history of computing, but had never heard of Charles BabbageWP or Alan TuringWP. It would be quite difficult to take the opinions of such a person seriously, wouldn't it?

Again, you are a talented artist, but alas, you are no polymathWP*. Have the courage and objectivity to recognize that and concentrate on the field you actually do have genuine talent in. It was one of Picasso's great regrets that he wasn't as well regarded as a writer of plays as he was as a painter, but I thinks that speaks more to his enormous ego than it does to his talents as a playwright.

*Neither am I, as it happens. I'm not happy about it, but I do accept it.

Last edited by JohnG; 27th December 2010 at 01:57 PM.
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th December 2010, 02:09 PM   #939
desertgal
Illuminator

How does retrofitting the words of Nostradamus to events that have already happened help people? How is it "necessary"? Why would you devote your entire life to deciphering "predictions" and "postdictions" of past events?

Not being sarcastic, just curious...
Old 15th October 2012, 12:02 AM   #940
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
How does retrofitting the words of Nostradamus to events that have already happened help people? How is it "necessary"? Why would you devote your entire life to deciphering "predictions" and "postdictions" of past events?

Not being sarcastic, just curious...
I believe it is necessary to know past present and future. Its important to understand what conciousness level nostradamus is on.

These are Events. Events that take place in our humanity. Events that forever change the world. psychological, geographical.
What is more important than Nostradamus really?
I feel in my heart, within these works contains goodness. Understanding prophetic nature is important even in our modern times.
Devotion is the best type of love there is.

If I could spend my days researching every aspect of these. If I could look at the books like Orus Apollo.
Not only Nostradamus but I feel, even though I am not possessed with these highsighted knowledge like mediums, or prophets. Dosnt mean I cant read or analyze them and interpret them wisely or even correctly.

For the past year I have been engadging in. Perpetual Concept.

Like Nostradamus, he speaks of the term "Perpetual" "Perpetual Light" perpetual perpetual perpetual

To me, Ive always been fascinated about perpetual as well.
For the past 10 years Ive concepted, contemplated, resolving this objective, this fundemental for perpetual energy. Indeed I feel that once the world is open to the concept, it will change in favour of goodness.

So its in my efforts I wish to show something different.
I tested my concept finally. And I was much appleased'

And yes. Even my closest friends are skeptics of it. And the forums I shown it on have been very skeptic of it.

Now... There is a quatrain in Nostradamus first book. That caught my EYE, instant. And it has also helped me create the next phase in my development.

Magnification Solar Power

Ive tested this with one magnification sheet and I was able to get 3 volt out of the 1.5volt laser. Its showing promise.

When they a god in power would represent
In rank disgrace, or high and excellent,
In blood or triumph, an eagle they would paint -
A god because it is a bird potènt
Long-lived as any bird that roams the sky
And image of the sun that reigns on high,
Because the solar nature doth excel,
And o'er all birds the sun doth see full well.
For this apothecaries, sky-inspired,
Do use a herb by eagles oft required,
Whose burning eyes like rays do pierce the skies
And sun as master and as lord apprise:
Which, when applied, the power of the sight
Doth much improve, as such a product might,
Because when it would mount aloft the sky
To rise so high it takes a slanting route,
But, diving downwards, straight and true doth shoot.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:09 AM   #941
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

So your laser powers itself by using some mirrors and lenses?

That you can't see why this will not work says a lot about you.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 12:12 AM   #942
Rwalsh
Banned

IS it not said, Within the preface the letter to his son

"The sword of Death Approaches us my Son"

And here... a picture of a man, with the sword above the head. The Sword Of death is approaching ME!!!

Old 15th October 2012, 12:13 AM   #943
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

You can google Magnification Solar Panel. You will find only sources of inventors using this so said concept. But They only do so, relying primarily on the sun still

This to me is not good enough!!
Old 15th October 2012, 12:31 AM   #944
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Ive tested this with one magnification sheet and I was able to get 3 volt out of the 1.5volt laser. Its showing promise.

Do you mean volts or watts?

Quote:
When they a god in power would represent
In rank disgrace, or high and excellent,
In blood or triumph, an eagle they would paint -
A god because it is a bird potènt
Long-lived as any bird that roams the sky
And image of the sun that reigns on high,
Because the solar nature doth excel,
And o'er all birds the sun doth see full well.
For this apothecaries, sky-inspired,
Do use a herb by eagles oft required,
Whose burning eyes like rays do pierce the skies
And sun as master and as lord apprise:
Which, when applied, the power of the sight
Doth much improve, as such a product might,
Because when it would mount aloft the sky
To rise so high it takes a slanting route,
But, diving downwards, straight and true doth shoot.

A bit of a stretch to retrofit that to a perpetual motion machine, isn't it?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 12:32 AM   #945
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

It would power the laser, but also collect free energy. The bulb will last 6000 hours.
The laser overcomes this limitation by concentrating its energy in a straight line, so that it retains its potency even at great distance from its point of origin;
Old 15th October 2012, 12:34 AM   #946
Mojo
Mostly harmless

And here... a picture of a man, with the sword above the head. The Sword Of death is approaching ME!!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...74438610_n.jpg

Actually, it appears to be some sort of serpent. Men usually have arms and legs rather than a long serpentine body terminating in a tail.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 12:34 AM   #947
Rwalsh
Banned

May also wish to look at Concentrated Solar Power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_solar_power
Old 15th October 2012, 12:36 AM   #948
Mojo
Mostly harmless

The laser overcomes this limitation by concentrating its energy in a straight line, so that it retains its potency even at great distance from its point of origin;

It won't ovecome the limitations imposed by the laws of thermodynamics.

Old 15th October 2012, 12:40 AM   #949
Rwalsh
Banned

I know it will work and i know nostradamus knows it will work. We both see eye to eye
Old 15th October 2012, 12:42 AM   #950
Mojo
Mostly harmless

May also wish to look at Concentrated Solar Power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentrated_solar_power

You may wish to look at it yourself, especially the bit about Archimedes, who predates Nostradamus by rather a long time. Even if Nostradamus wrote about this (and it isn't apparent from your quotation that he did) we don't need any paranormal explanation for his referring to an old legend.

Old 15th October 2012, 12:47 AM   #951
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
You may wish to look at it yourself, especially the bit about Archimedes, who predates Nostradamus by rather a long time. Even if Nostradamus wrote about this (and it isn't apparent from your quotation that he did) we don't need any paranormal explanation for his referring to an old legend.
im lookin at it now. thanks. I always wondered who invented that concept. I seen a drawing of the idea. But it didnt give any reference. Ive tried searching for it gave up along time ago.

Last edited by Rwalsh; 15th October 2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:51 AM   #952
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

You can google Magnification Solar Panel. You will find only sources of inventors using this so said concept. But They only do so, relying primarily on the sun still

This to me is not good enough!!

You seem to be grossly underestimating the abilities and efforts of working scientists and engineers while overestimating your own to a like degree.

If you want to learn some basic science start a new thread in the science forum with your idea.

This year's Nobel Physics Prize winners,Serge Haroche and David Wineland, did their work in optics, including bouncing photos between super-conducting mirrors. The light in their experiments bounce a finite number of times between the mirrors. Why is this so? How does it bode for your likely finger-marked fragments of bathroom mirror?
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 12:55 AM   #953
Mojo
Mostly harmless

I always wondered who invented that concept.

From what you have posted, it certainly wasn't Nostradamus. You haven't posted anything that indicates that he even mentioned it.

Old 15th October 2012, 12:56 AM   #954
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
You seem to be grossly underestimating the abilities and efforts of working scientists and engineers while overestimating your own to a like degree.

If you want to learn some basic science start a new thread in the science forum with your idea.

This year's Nobel Physics Prize winners,Serge Haroche and David Wineland, did their work in optics, including bouncing photos between super-conducting mirrors. The light in their experiments bounce a finite number of times between the mirrors. Why is this so? How does it bode for your likely finger-marked fragments of bathroom mirror?
ill use windex
Old 15th October 2012, 12:57 AM   #955
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

ill use windex
I needed a good belly laugh!

ETA: No, really. Please start a thread in the science forum on this and we all get to learn something. There are some actual working scientists and educators who will reply over there. Include as much detail as you can about every component used and how you conducted your experiment.

Last edited by Sideroxylon; 15th October 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:57 AM   #956
Rwalsh
Banned

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
From what you have posted, it certainly wasn't Nostradamus. You haven't posted anything that indicates that he even mentioned it.
Why would Nostradamus mention anything exact. Its choas to understand. simply choas

If you read any medium of prophet, you wont get exact answers. im just saying

Last edited by Rwalsh; 15th October 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 15th October 2012, 01:13 AM   #957
SezMe
post-pre-born

Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

What is more important than Nostradamus really?
I can't speak for others but being able to get a burger at Wendy's for lunch tomorrow is paramount.

I feel in my heart, within these works contains goodness. Understanding prophetic nature is important even in our modern times.
This is a skeptics board, Rwalsh. Feelings don't count for much when evaluating claims of prophecy, free energy, etc.

Devotion is the best type of love there is.
<snip other ramblings>
Jebus, Rwalsh, what are you smoking? None of this makes any sense.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 01:15 AM   #958
SezMe
post-pre-born

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...74438610_n.jpg
It also appears that a grain plant is growing out of his backside. What does that mean?
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 01:37 AM   #959
dafydd
Banned

The only thing that Nostradamus got right was his recipe for cherry jam.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2012, 02:05 AM   #960
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Magnification Solar Power

You don't appear to understand the important difference between voltage and power.

And here... a picture of a man...
You also appear to be confused about what a man looks like.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 15th October 2012 at 02:06 AM.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal