ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags nanothermite

Old 28th August 2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Josarhus
Thinker

Operation Blackout

The Truth Movement is again collecting money:

http://world911truth.org/operation-blackout/

This time it is to promote the nano article released earlier this year, which they think got far too less attention from the mainstream media. They need 25.000 dollars by 9/11 2009, so that they can send out 1.500 packages with some of Jonesí and Gageís work, the nano article and other information on 9/11 to all the mainstream media.

Now I was wondering, donít they usually see the mainstream media as part of the inside job or what happened?!

Personally I am quite convinced that the reason why the mainstream media is not interested in the nano article, is that they can see that it is complete nonsense.
Josarhus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 12:55 PM   #2
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

The sad part is the "truthers" don't understand that if it was a real story the media would pay them for it. It's really kind of sad (pathetic) they don't get this.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

I'll give them credit for at least trying to do something for their cause beside posting on internet forums.

I've thought about sending the link to Jones' paper to some of the people I work with who actually do nanotechnology work, but I'm quite sure no truther would be interested in what they have to say because they are "government".
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:02 PM   #4
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
I'll give them credit for at least trying to do something for their cause beside posting on internet forums.

I've thought about sending the link to Jones' paper to some of the people I work with who actually do nanotechnology work, but I'm quite sure no truther would be interested in what they have to say because they are "government".
The problem is that the term nanotechnology is so abused (and in the case of chemistry ill defined) that attacking the paper from the POV of nanotechnology is unlikely to be a particularly worthwhile aproach.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:10 PM   #5
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

unless postage and handling is about $10 per package, why on gods earth do they need $18 per package?

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

Originally Posted by geni View Post
The problem is that the term nanotechnology is so abused (and in the case of chemistry ill defined) that attacking the paper from the POV of nanotechnology is unlikely to be a particularly worthwhile aproach.
That may be true (our nanotech labs are very new).

However, I'd could also show it to people I work with that have been doing analytical chemistry and materials characterization for many, many years, but they'd probably still be rejected for being government related.
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:46 PM   #7
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
the nano article
It occurs to me that the Truth movement is a nano-Movement.

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
They need 25.000 dollars by 9/11 2009, so that they can send out 1.500 packages
25 bucks to send out 1 1/2 packages?

Last edited by WildCat; 28th August 2009 at 04:48 PM.
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Thunder
Banned

Hey Truthers, guess what?

No one in the MSM is interested in your BS nano-thermite story. Not NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, BBC, or even Fox News.

No one...cares about...your crap.

Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:50 PM   #9
Josarhus
Thinker

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
unless postage and handling is about $10 per package, why on gods earth do they need $18 per package?

TAM
They live in another dimension, so postage is a bit more expensive for packages delivered to the real world.
Josarhus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 04:55 PM   #10
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
That may be true (our nanotech labs are very new).

However, I'd could also show it to people I work with that have been doing analytical chemistry and materials characterization for many, many years, but they'd probably still be rejected for being government related.
The stuff it seems closest to would be some of the work solid state chemists do.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

TAM

Well, Alex Jones' hourly rate is pretty steep....
Old 28th August 2009, 08:00 PM   #12
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, Alex Jones' hourly rate is pretty steep....
As is the price of pot. We're talking about truthers here.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 09:21 PM   #13
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
As is the price of pot.
With primo at less than 60 an 1/8 for two decades = good!
This ain't your parents golden clumps, of DIRT, or tied stick!
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 09:30 PM   #14
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
With primo at less than 60 an 1/8 for two decades = good!
This ain't your parents golden clumps, of DIRT, or tied stick!
since back in the early seventies. I thought it was Thai stick? i musta been high or sumptin
ETA
Or I was right all along?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_stick

Maybe the Thai stick wasn't so great back then after all.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.

Last edited by A W Smith; 28th August 2009 at 09:32 PM.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
since back in the early seventies. I thought it was Thai stick? i musta been high or sumptin
ETA
Or I was right all along?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_stick

Maybe the Thai stick wasn't so great back then after all.
Thai as tied was, just another four letter word for DIRT! If you had ever had Thai/Tied Stick, you would have got the joke.

Humboldt County Rules!

Last edited by Dog Town; 28th August 2009 at 09:59 PM.
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th August 2009, 10:35 PM   #16
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

TAM
It's a scam to line thier own pockets.

We're talking about truthers, here.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories