ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 23rd August 2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Havermayer
Student

Ron Craig's Toronto Presentation

Did anyone else attend? I thought that it was really top notch, and perhaps one of the best presentations that CFI has done. What did anyone else think?

I was the guy beside him helping him with the presentation. I had to also co-ordinate things at the back. Hopefully me going back and forth wasn't distracting.

I would have wished that there were more people there. My estimate was something like 55-60 people. Which is okay and mostly the capacity of the place.
Havermayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Edx
Philosopher

I bet no one videotaped it right?
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2009, 05:54 PM   #3
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Havermayer View Post
Did anyone else attend? I thought that it was really top notch, and perhaps one of the best presentations that CFI has done. What did anyone else think?

I was the guy beside him helping him with the presentation. I had to also co-ordinate things at the back. Hopefully me going back and forth wasn't distracting.

I would have wished that there were more people there. My estimate was something like 55-60 people. Which is okay and mostly the capacity of the place.
Are there 55-69 idiots in Toronto? Last time I visited there were not that many. But maybe the losers from NYCCANT ran away to Canada.
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Originally Posted by ~enigma~ View Post
Are there 55-69 idiots in Toronto? Last time I visited there were not that many. But maybe the losers from NYCCANT ran away to Canada.

Um... ~enigma~?

CFI is the Centre for Inquiry. The skeptic group.

Ron Craig is a legitimate explosives investigator, who teaches at Ryerson University, and a skeptic.

The presentation mentioned in the OP is the one discussed in this thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=150722.

There might have been idiots or losers in the audience, but that's by no means assured. In fact I'd call it unlikely.

The number of people attending should have been a clue that this was not a Truther event.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:59 PM   #5
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Adding to what Myriad said, Craig is the guy who DEVASTATED Richard Gage. Here is a link to that debate as an .mp3:

http://tinyurl.com/CraigvGage

I love this debate because Craig handles the witnesses-heard-explosions argument really freaking well.

If there is any video of this, post it here!
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 06:31 AM   #6
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Um... ~enigma~?

CFI is the Centre for Inquiry. The skeptic group.

Ron Craig is a legitimate explosives investigator, who teaches at Ryerson University, and a skeptic.

The presentation mentioned in the OP is the one discussed in this thread: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=150722.

There might have been idiots or losers in the audience, but that's by no means assured. In fact I'd call it unlikely.

The number of people attending should have been a clue that this was not a Truther event.

Respectfully,
Myriad
Seemed Havermayer was doing a drive by truther posting. More so considering the lack of info and the recent thread about the Toronto TM. In any event, I still say there are less than 55-60 idiots in Toronto
~enigma~ is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Justin39640
Illuminator

Seemed Havermayer was doing a drive by truther posting. More so considering the lack of info and the recent thread about the Toronto TM. In any event, I still say there are less than 55-60 idiots in Toronto
according to him this was a debunking event in this thread here
Old 24th August 2009, 07:26 AM   #8
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Justin39640 View Post
according to him this was a debunking event in this thread here
Yes, Myriad pointed that out. Can you read my response?
Old 24th August 2009, 08:01 AM   #9
Klimax
NWO Cyborg 5960x (subversion VPUNPCKHQDQ)

Don't you still overstimate their numbers?

Engine: Ibalgin 400
Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 08:02 AM   #10
~enigma~
Banned

Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
Idiots in Toronto?
Old 24th August 2009, 10:56 AM   #11
Klimax

Idiots in Toronto?
TM idiots,not general idiots.

Klimax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 11:12 AM   #12
Havermayer
Student

Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
How do you over-stimulate numbers? :P

And thanks to the guy who posted the link to the debate. I had only found video versions of that so far.

Something like 10 people raised their hands when they were asked if they believed that the buildings were taken down with explosives.

Last edited by Havermayer; 24th August 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Havermayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 01:39 PM   #13
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

And thanks to the guy who posted the link to the debate. I had only found video versions of that so far.

Something like 10 people raised their hands when they were asked if they believed that the buildings were taken down with explosives.
np. I used to have the video version and it sucked cause it would drain my already dying ipod whenever I wanted to listen to it.

I recommend that debate because the guy is so concise and explains how firefighters are not qualified to accurately differentiate between sounds of explosives and random things in a fire exploding OR to tell whether some molted metal is steel or other types of metal.

Also I think a poster here called in, CHF. He did a pretty good job as well and Gage gave a lame response.
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 03:12 PM   #14
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by knife fight colobus View Post
Adding to what Myriad said, Craig is the guy who DEVASTATED Richard Gage. Here is a link to that debate as an .mp3:

http://tinyurl.com/CraigvGage

I love this debate because Craig handles the witnesses-heard-explosions argument really freaking well.

If there is any video of this, post it here!
I suggest you all listen to this interview to see how much Craig owned Richard Gage.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 04:16 PM   #15
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Seemed Havermayer was doing a drive by truther posting.
What in his OP made you think that?

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 04:20 PM   #16
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Ron and I had planned to meet up for a pre-presentation beverage but I had to cancel because my brother is in critical condition in an out of town hospital (for 10 days now). I had given Ron a head's up that depending on how things went with my brother, I might not be able to make it, and then on Friday afternoon, I got a call at work and had to go to the hospital to meet with doctors and provide consent to an immediate tracheostomy, among other things, and stayed for several hours.

I was quite looking forward to Ron's presentation, and I'm sorry I missed it but, in the circumstances, of course, it simply became a non-option.

For those who don't know Ron or who have never seen/heard him, he is very good at what he does. He is extremely knowledgeable about explosives and bombs and such, and has an impressive resume. He is also articulate and has an easy going manner that makes him fun to be around. We have met on several occasions and it is always a pleasure talking to him (and firing rocket launchers, and making black powder bombs, and stripping down a car to the metal and making the windows disintegrate into tiny little bits of glass with a window punch before deflagrating the whole thing in an incredible visual display, and stuff like that).

When he took on Gage back in 2007, he did so mostly off the cuff and he still did a fabulous job, but he has really expanded, honed and polished his presentation since then, so I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, next time for sure.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th August 2009, 04:28 PM   #17
tuc0

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
I suggest you all listen to this interview to see how much Craig owned Richard Gage.
"Listen to see"? You're doing it wrong.
tuc0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 12:13 AM   #18
Klimax

I never ever wanted to stimulate their numbers! I just estimated...

Old 26th August 2009, 08:08 PM   #19
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Ron is going to be appearing on television on September 10, talking about the collapse of the WTC buildings on the Michael Coren show. He tells me that there are supposed to be at least three others on the show, at least one of whom is a "truth"er, but he doesn't know who the other participants are at this point.

Should be interesting. I'll post more details when they are available.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2009, 08:58 AM   #20
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
Ron is going to be appearing on television on September 10, talking about the collapse of the WTC buildings on the Michael Coren show. He tells me that there are supposed to be at least three others on the show, at least one of whom is a "truth"er, but he doesn't know who the other participants are at this point.

Should be interesting. I'll post more details when they are available.
Thanks for that info Lash. I hold my nose and watch Coren that evening.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:45 AM   #21
Havermayer
Student

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Thanks for that info Lash. I hold my nose and watch Coren that evening.
Justin from Center for Inquiry Ontario is a frequent panelist member. So it's sometimes a good watch.
Old 27th August 2009, 02:04 PM   #22
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Justin from Center for Inquiry Ontario is a frequent panelist member. So it's sometimes a good watch.
I'm on Justin's CFI mailing list so know about his appearances. I have found them to be a bit painful.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories