ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Edx
Philosopher

AWESOME Richard Gage contradiction

I was listening to a Richard Gage's debate with explosive expert,

About 34 minutes in I realised Gage contradicted himself I just couldnt wait till the end to chop it up

EDIT: updated link

http://tinyurl.com/nwhj5b

So he says that you would not use explosives that would give away a demolition, so you use something like thermite.

Then later on he says the explosives had to be so intense as to hurl beams around.

I love it!

Last edited by Edx; 25th August 2009 at 10:17 PM.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 09:30 PM   #2
KJC
Scholar

The funny thing is that exposives can't even hurl beams around like that. At least not ones that people can survive with their eardrums intact.

In 1993 at the WTC, columns standing right next to a massive bomb were barely even damaged.
KJC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 09:32 PM   #3
alienentity
Illuminator

I'm with you there. Been going thru the same debate, he is arguing that thermite was used so it would look like a fire-driven collapse. And yet he is arguing simultaneously that there were massive explosions........

I think the debate with Ron Craig is from about 2006, and Gage is really heavily emphasizing the molten metal and trying to rule out any source except, of course, thermite. Now nanothermite is the new sexy military truther explosive, they don't talk about that so much.

I give Gage high marks for co-opting the discussion to his talking points, which he can rattle off breathlessly and with much excitement.

I'd love to see Gage debate a well-informed structural engineer. He wouldn't be able to get away with so much hyperbole and misinformation...oh well.

Last edited by alienentity; 25th August 2009 at 10:20 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Edx
Philosopher

Thats whats so funny!

He is saying at the start that they wouldnt want to use explosives because that would draw attention to their demolition.

Then later he says that the explosives were around the core columns and were so intense as to fling perimeter columns hundreds of feet!

hahahahahhahahahahahaa

Last edited by Edx; 25th August 2009 at 09:34 PM.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Edx
Philosopher

HOLY CRAP

Gage just contradicted himself again 30 mins later!!

I have to make an update!!!
Old 25th August 2009, 10:16 PM   #6
scratchy
Muse

Well, i suppose that if theres just enough termites they could actully carry the columns silently quite far.
scratchy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 10:17 PM   #7
Edx
Philosopher

OK here you go:

Richard gage contradicting himself whenever the argument suits him.

3 times in the same debate
Old 25th August 2009, 10:23 PM   #8
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Edx View Post
OK here you go:

Richard gage contradicting himself whenever the argument suits him.

3 times in the same debate
What scares me is how many people are getting sucked into this rapidfire recitation of pseudo-'facts'.
Gage is almost like the 'Slap-Chop' salesguy of 9/11 Truth. I'm sure you've watched those commercials....

The real problem is what Gage is selling. Now that's a harmful product.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th August 2009, 10:27 PM   #9
Edx
Philosopher

Yea, Im going to have to make a video about this so i can put it on youtube.

Maybe I should listen to more interviews and cut out all the weird **** they say.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:47 PM   #10
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

I think the debate is around 2007. I read the old JREF thread on it and the guy who mentioned how loud a CD would be is a poster here, CHF.

I think the best example of Gage contradicting himself was in his debate with Gravy on Hardfire. Gage spent the whole first episode talking about how the WTC7 collapse had all the classic characteristics of a CD and at the very end when Gravy was going to respond it got cut short and he couldn't respond until the second episode.

Gravy mentioned that even Gage's own staff said that molten metal was not a sign of CD and Gage responded by saying that he agrees with Gravy and his staff because they are NOT talking about a classic CD. Gravy then responded "you just were talking about classic CD."

What sucked was that Gage contradicting himself wasn't called into question until the second episode so it didn't have the impact I think it would have if there wasn't a bunch of credits and then a new introduction AND THEN Gravy calling Gage out.
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 12:22 AM   #11
boloboffin

Stop having boring 9/11, stop having a boring life.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 12:30 AM   #12
Edx
Philosopher

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Stop having boring 9/11, stop having a boring life.
hahahaha. I love that remix
Old 26th August 2009, 02:19 AM   #13
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

This is making you cry and making me cry.

You don't want to cry anymore.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:03 AM   #14
CHF
Illuminator

Originally Posted by knife fight colobus View Post
I think the debate is around 2007. I read the old JREF thread on it and the guy who mentioned how loud a CD would be is a poster here, CHF.
T'was indeed I

As I recall Gage had spend a good hour or so blabbering on about how "explosives" had tossed beams around and pulverized concrete into dust.

So I asked him something to the effect of: why can't we hear the massive explosions on any video/audio of the collapses? Why was this demolition so much quieter than all the other ones ever done?

His reply: "thermite is why it was so quiet....but people heard explosions."

The problem with Gage is that he posseses the same Grade 5 level of thinking that all truthers do and thus his rants are always full of glaring internal contradictions.

He has a stack of silly talking points which he thinks point to "explosives" and another stack that point to "thermite." And so he switches back and forth between the two depending on which piece of evidence he's talking about at any given second.

So one minute the WTC was blasted into bits by explosives, but a split second later we're told that we couldn't hear these explosives because it was done with thermite...and that people heard the explosions.

And to think he threw away his marriage over this stuff.....it boggles the mind.

Last edited by CHF; 26th August 2009 at 11:08 AM.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 11:33 AM   #15
Edx
Philosopher

haha yes thats exactly what he did, I almost fell over when I heard him switch between 2 completely contradictory views whenever the argument called for it.
Old 26th August 2009, 02:27 PM   #16
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
What scares me is how many people are getting sucked into this rapidfire recitation of pseudo-'facts'.
Gage is almost like the 'Slap-Chop' salesguy of 9/11 Truth. I'm sure you've watched those commercials....

The real problem is what Gage is selling. Now that's a harmful product.
Who are all these people getting 'sucked in by the pseudo-facts'? As far as I can tell it's a handful of mentally disturbed adults that yell at people on the street.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 03:59 PM   #17
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post

"You're gonna love my nuts!"
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 04:18 PM   #18
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Maybe we should warn the hookers?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...7092sham1.html
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 04:47 PM   #19
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Then later on he says the explosives had to be so intense as to hurl beams around.

I love it!
Best part is he even made that assumption up out of his ass. I spam this video because it makes the point thouroughly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KuGizBjDXo
Old 26th August 2009, 07:58 PM   #20
Arus808
Philosopher

I could only stand about 20 minutes of that interview before i was ready to just throw my laptop. there were so many contradcitions by Gage in the first 20 minutes that Im sure Craig was just laughing to himself ... but couldn't get a word in...

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 08:19 PM   #21
willhaven
Graduate Poster

There's a video of Richard Gage dropping two small boxes. One on top of a larger box, and the other over open air to show that it wouldn't fall at freefall speed.

The guy is an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVoencqfZw

Last edited by willhaven; 26th August 2009 at 08:21 PM.
willhaven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 08:25 PM   #22
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by willhaven View Post
There's a video of Richard Gage dropping two small boxes. One on top of a larger box, and the other over open air to show that it wouldn't fall at freefall speed.

The guy is an idiot.

The great cardboard box fiasco... Sucked my IQ like a vampire every second I watched it.
Old 26th August 2009, 08:51 PM   #23
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The guy is an idiot.

The idiot is traveling around the world on other idiot's money. Not sure he is an idiot, think he spews moronic ideas to take money from idiots on 911. But I agree, on the surface the presentations and talk coming from Gage would be proof of being an idiot on 911 issues. He is a double fraud or some other moronic ironic new word needed type of dolt, if he is faking the idiot act.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2009, 09:02 PM   #24
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

The guy is an idiot.

What sucked is that Gravy called Gage out on taking two eye-witness quotes and splitting them up into many quotes to make it look like there were more eye-witness accounts of seeing flashes when WTC7 collapsed and both Gage and the host, Clifton, just quickly tried to rush to the cardboard box smackdown Gage had to show.

I'm usually a pretty sympathetic guy when it comes to the people in the TM who I think genuinely feel that they're right (and thus just insane). But Gage dodging that point and not responding to it directly made him officially on my douchebag list.
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2009, 06:22 AM   #25
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
The problem with Gage is that he posseses the same Grade 5 level of thinking that all truthers do and thus his rants are always full of glaring internal contradictions.

I think you owe fifth-graders all over the world an apology for that one.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2009, 07:03 AM   #26
Longfellow
St. Louis Cardinals Fanatic

If this is the thread where all of Gage's contradictions are going to be chronicled than this thread is going to be large. Very large, indeed.

Hell, it may even rival that previous citadel of false dichotomy and cognitive dissonance otherwise known as [cue dramatic music] -the 'realistice' thread.
World Series wins: 1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, 2006, 2011
Longfellow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2009, 07:52 AM   #27
Edx
Philosopher

Personally I think a thread of all Gages' contradictions we can think of is a good one.

But please provide sources.
Old 27th August 2009, 01:38 PM   #28
Leviath
Scholar

HOLY CRAP

Gage just contradicted himself again 30 mins later!!

I have to make an update!!!
Where can I find the original interview?

Edit: Is Gage talking about only WTC7? The stupid suggestion is that he might have been talking about using different methods for the different towers. You know, it just wasn't complicated enough yet...

Last edited by Leviath; 27th August 2009 at 01:51 PM.
Leviath is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2009, 01:38 PM   #29
nicepants
Graduate Poster

The guy is an idiot.

Someone should ask Gage why the small box took "the path of greatest resistance", since he applies that claim to the collapse of the towers. (Perhaps that would qualify as a Gage contradiction?)

Last edited by nicepants; 27th August 2009 at 01:40 PM.
nicepants is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories