ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags dylan avery , loose change

Old 29th August 2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Temecula
Thinker

Dylan Avery WRIF interview about Nat Geo 9/11 Special

On 8/28 Drew and Mike from WRIF interviewed Dylan Avery after they had been given an advance copy of the new National Geographic special about 9/11 conspiracy theories, in which D.A. apparently appears.

They don't make much of an attempt to debate him either - they just get him riled up and laugh at him. You'll notice that Avery REFUSES to make any claims or provide any evidence... at one point he starts crying about being interrupted so D&M shut off their mics and let Avery talk... and surprise, he doesn't say much of anything.

A fairly entertaining interview and certainly a delight for anyone who enjoys seeing truthers take abuse.

mp3 format, ~30 minutes, poorly edited w/ audacity
http://www.filefront.com/14425547/averywrif.mp3
Temecula is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 04:22 PM   #2
A W Smith
Philosopher

Dylan full of himself

Dylan. if you are reading this you are a lying jackass.

250,000 tons turned to talcum powder or baby powder? you LIE Dylan. Thousands of photographs of ground zero show otherwise. The powder in the streets was gypsum, cellulose ceiling tile, and spray on fire proofing.

High grade explosives? Your theory Dylan! you said you had none in the interview but those three words spilled from your ignorant head. explain the silence of the "explosives"

the bin laden tapes.
Do you understand ARABIC Dylan? Or do you take the word of one agenda driven German translator? Yet not even people who speak Arabic have problems with the translation.

Dylan lies about Jennings & Hess. NOT before either towers had fallen. The corrected time line has been proven.

Dylan's a no planer re: Shanksville and the pentagon. no surprise there.

Nano Thermite. Steven Jones debunked Dylan! Its Paint!

Dylan plays the race card when Drew and Mike mention the 19 terrorist Islamic extremists. What about your "Arabs in caves" Dylan? Pot Kettle much?

Manhattan project? Dylan many people didn't even have phones then let alone internet. mass media, whistle blower protection laws ETC.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.

Last edited by A W Smith; 29th August 2009 at 04:29 PM.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Dylan's a no planer re: Shanksville and the pentagon. no surprise there.
I thought he had dropped that.

These dolts are hard to follow.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 04:42 PM   #4
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Manhattan project? Dylan many people didn't even have phones then let alone internet. mass media, whistle blower protection laws ETC.
And of course they were all required to live out in the middle of nowhere in the New Mexico desert with no outside contact.
Old 29th August 2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Temecula
Thinker

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
And of course they were all required to live out in the middle of nowhere in the New Mexico desert with no outside contact.
And it's not as though one day they turned on the news... er, picked up a newspaper, and saw that the project they were working on had killed 3000 americans and been blamed on another country.
Old 29th August 2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Pardalis
Banned

I love it when Avery accuses the host of being a "racist" because he points out that there are islamic extremists out there...
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 04:51 PM   #7
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
I thought he had dropped that.

These dolts are hard to follow.
the Pentagon.
20:30 into the audio. Dylan says. "I think that the physical evidence does not show any trace of a 757. The same thing goes for the field in Pennsylvania"
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 04:53 PM   #8
A W Smith
Philosopher

Dylan also forgot to mention Julius and Ethel. they got the secret out.
Old 29th August 2009, 04:56 PM   #9
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Dylan also forgot to mention Julius and Ethel. they got the secret out.
Those two rectal sphincters extended the cold war by 40 years and indirectly caused tens of millions of deaths due to communist genocides.

Dylan hates his country so much, I bet he thinks those two are innocent as Osama is.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 04:58 PM   #10
Pardalis
Banned

the Pentagon.
20:30 into the audio. Dylan says. "I think that the physical evidence does not show any trace of a 757. The same thing goes for the field in Pennsylvania"
Yeah, but didn't he at some point retract himself and said he no longer believes anything else but flight 77 hit the Pentagon?

Last edited by Pardalis; 29th August 2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 29th August 2009, 05:00 PM   #11
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
Yeah, but didn't he at some point retract himself and said he no longer believes anything else but flight 77 hit the Pentagon?
Proof positive that Dylan is a dick.

All he ever does anymore is retract and then reinsert himself over and over again.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 05:04 PM   #12
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Dylan is a young man torn between the "importance" and "fame" he had as a youth, and the pull of the future, reality, and a need to move on.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 05:07 PM   #13
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Personally I don't think Dylan hates this country. Actually I believe he loves it dearly. Where else would his BS (so openly) be tolerated ? I'm sure he knows this. This free country has been paying his way (talk about a shill).

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 05:08 PM   #14
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Is this worth listening to or just a depressing bucket of ignorance supplied by someone who knows close to nothing about anywhere outside America? I suppose it's comical to listen to a deeply uneducated bloke profess to know about the realities of an international terrorist organisation like Al Qaeda, but still..

When I was out flyers outside a Final Cut screening a few years ago I was depressed when Dylan's English producer had no idea who Ramzi Binalshibh was. This man was on his way to see a film he had helped make on the bloody attacks for christ sakes.

Oh the humanity!

Last edited by Undesired Walrus; 29th August 2009 at 05:12 PM.
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 05:21 PM   #15
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
Is this worth listening to or just a depressing bucket of ignorance supplied by someone who knows close to nothing about anywhere outside America? I suppose it's comical to listen to a deeply uneducated bloke profess to know about the realities of an international terrorist organisation like Al Qaeda, but still..

When I was out flyers outside a Final Cut screening a few years ago I was depressed when Dylan's English producer had no idea who Ramzi Binalshibh was. This man was on his way to see a film he had helped make on the bloody attacks for christ sakes.

Oh the humanity!
its worth listening to because two radio hosts, who admit they lost their notes. And were ignorant of the finer details of 911. Still were able to wind Dylan up into a frenzy like that of Craig Ranke on the Howard Stern show.
Old 29th August 2009, 05:27 PM   #16
Quad4_72
AI-EE-YAH!

Alright Dylan, that's enough. You had your fun (At the expense of the families of those who died), now it's time to grow up and join the rest of us in the real world. Try and find a line of work that isn't a complete embarrassment to yourself and your family.
Looks like the one on top has a magazine, thus needs less reloading. Also, the muzzle shroud makes it less likely for a spree killer to burn his hands. The pistol grip makes it more comfortable for the spree killer to shoot. thaiboxerken
Quad4_72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 05:30 PM   #17
Kafka
New Blood

What a narcissistic prick.

My favorite part:
Interviewer: How do you think that happened?
Dylan: High grade explosives
Interviewer: Who planted the explosives across six months without no one knowing about it?
Dylan: That's you. That's your theory.

How absolutely infuriating. He can speculate about a building being demolished, but it's out-of-bounds to question him as to how the explosives got IN the building. This is intellectual dishonesty at its worst. Although he is actually arguing for an alternative theory (i.e. inside job), he claims to be simply asking questions and hides behind this cover. The second one offers an alternative theory, it is their responsibility to provide an internally consistent narrative which better explains the evidence than the official version.

I certainly hope the polls are right, and that this movement encompasses only the tin-hat crowd. It certainly appears Dylan falls into that category. Did you notice how he kept averting the OKC question?
Kafka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Interviewer: Who do you think you are, Carl Sagan?

Ha!
Old 29th August 2009, 08:04 PM   #19
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

And Stalin and the Russians STILL KNEW ABOUT THE BOMB TEST, BEFORE TRUMAN.

Some super duper secret that turned out to be.
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th August 2009, 09:15 PM   #20
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Dear Dylan,

Grow the hell up.

Signed

The Planet Earth

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 05:35 AM   #21
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthersLie View Post
And Stalin and the Russians STILL KNEW ABOUT THE BOMB TEST, BEFORE TRUMAN.

Some super duper secret that turned out to be.
I don't really understand why they consistently bring up the Manhattan project. Wasn't their secret blown (quite literally) when two bombs with the power of 13 Kilotons of dynamite exploded over two Japanese cities? The whole project went ahead with the understanding that their secret would soon be out.
Old 30th August 2009, 06:27 AM   #22
McHrozni
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
I don't really understand why they consistently bring up the Manhattan project. Wasn't their secret blown (quite literally) when two bombs with the power of 13 Kilotons of dynamite exploded over two Japanese cities? The whole project went ahead with the understanding that their secret would soon be out.
Perhaps more importantly, Soviet intelligence penetrated the project and got off with many critical bits of information, including an estimate of US nuclear arsenal, which was top secret at the time. This showed the US was not capable of dealing decisively with the communist world until well into 1950s.

Bottom line, if Manhattan project proves anything it is that such major projects are impossible to keep secret.

McHrozni
McHrozni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 10:20 AM   #23
CHF
Illuminator

What a whiny little b**** Dylan is.

Could have sworn he abandoned the no-plane nonsense too.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 11:30 AM   #24
TexasJack
Penultimate Amazing

I think my favorite part was when they played a snippet from South Park, it reminded me of Avery thinking that the episode supported his wacky ideas. What a maroon.
TexasJack is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 04:48 PM   #25
mythstifieD
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Temecula View Post
On 8/28 Drew and Mike from WRIF interviewed Dylan Avery after they had been given an advance copy of the new National Geographic special about 9/11 conspiracy theories, in which D.A. apparently appears.

They don't make much of an attempt to debate him either - they just get him riled up and laugh at him. You'll notice that Avery REFUSES to make any claims or provide any evidence... at one point he starts crying about being interrupted so D&M shut off their mics and let Avery talk... and surprise, he doesn't say much of anything.

A fairly entertaining interview and certainly a delight for anyone who enjoys seeing truthers take abuse.
Thanks for posting this, I got a really good laugh!

It's remarkable how prescient DJ hosts can be in their brutal assault on fraudsters.
mythstifieD is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 04:55 PM   #26
Bobert
Illuminator

haha Dylan you got your ass handed to you YET AGAIN you ****in loser.
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 05:11 PM   #27
Bobert
Illuminator

Ok sorry but is Dylan taking hormones?
His voices sounds a tad high.
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 05:21 PM   #28
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

The interesting thing to me about the interview was the way he got it handed back to him. If you watch the Popular Mechanics debate, we all think Jim Meigs wasted Dylan and his boys, but I can understand that Dylan's followers believe he just put it in Meigs' face. Dylan makes no pretense of presenting a scientific position and says instead he is "just asking questions". I guess his followers believe he asks such good questions, they don't really need answers. And I can understand why young, lonely mostly white men would feel so cuddly about hearing someone do this for the first time in their life. But what Drew and Mike showed was that if you ask questions about Dylan's questions, they don't even appear very well thought out.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 05:27 PM   #29
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by scott.in.taiwan View Post
The interesting thing to me about the interview was the way he got it handed back to him. If you watch the Popular Mechanics debate, we all think Jim Meigs wasted Dylan and his boys, but I can understand that Dylan's followers believe he just put it in Meigs' face. Dylan makes no pretense of presenting a scientific position and says instead he is "just asking questions". I guess his followers believe he asks such good questions, they don't really need answers. And I can understand why young, lonely mostly white men would feel so cuddly about hearing someone do this for the first time in their life. But what Drew and Mike showed was that if you ask questions about Dylan's questions, they don't even appear very well thought out.

what stood out for me was when Dylan said that there WERE high grade explosivs in the buildings. He states this as FACT, mind you, and this leads one to believe that he has found undisputed proof that indeed high grade explosives were used. But when asked when they got put in there, he went back to the old "that's why we need a new investigation" cannard. He knows that they were there, but doesn't know who put them there? Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to believe that?
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 05:44 PM   #30
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
what stood out for me was when Dylan said that there WERE high grade explosivs in the buildings. He states this as FACT, mind you, and this leads one to believe that he has found undisputed proof that indeed high grade explosives were used. But when asked when they got put in there, he went back to the old "that's why we need a new investigation" cannard. He knows that they were there, but doesn't know who put them there? Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to believe that?
That's the thing. And his ridiculous point about the translation on German TV. Everyone here has asked the same questions about their choice of sources, but we get kept polite. Drew & Mike can say whatever they want and they're really practiced at making fun of people.

What's left for him now? Scientists and politicans laugh at these guys. Talk Radio humiliates them. Alex Jones and David Ike doesn't care. Is that what's left for Dylan? Or is there a place in Area 51 for our boys?
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 06:34 PM   #31
Walter Ego
Illuminator

My Videos Of The Dylan WRIF Interview

How old is Dylan now? 28? He sounds like a petulant 15 year-old. He is the worst publicist for his own work I've ever heard.

Anyway, for those who don't want to download the mp3 file, I've divided the interview into two parts and the first part is up on You Tube. I was amused by Dylan's repeated assertion that WTC 1 and 2 were turned into "talcum power" so I found an appropriate graphic for that part.

Here's part one.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Part two is still processing and I'll have it up as soon as it's finished.

Edit: Here's part two.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Walter Ego; 30th August 2009 at 06:58 PM.
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 07:36 PM   #32
Arus808
Philosopher

I love how Drew and Mike state after Dylan says that "loved ones" have unanswered questions about 9/11, (paraphrasing) "how can anyone question terrorists who blew up two of largest buildings; flew four planes into four giant objects"

Dylan: "Its a little misleading to say that 4 planes hit 4 buildings"

THEY DIDN'T SAY THAT DYLAN!

Uh Dylan, they didn't say 4 bldgs. they said 4 giant objects and D& M corrected to say 4 obstacles... the field in Shanksville can be considered an object. YOU can't even follow the conversation and get what they said right!

God, he's 28? At that age, I had more sense than that

ďLife may begin at 30, but it doesnít get real interesting until about 150
ďMost motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.Ē
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 07:38 PM   #33
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Arus808 View Post

God, he's 28? At that age, I had more sense than that
you and me both. I don't know what the hell happened once I hit 30...
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 07:49 PM   #34
Thunder
Banned

Dylan Avery is 28 years old...and he is still knee deep into conspiracy theories???

oh man..this guy is on the road to a very sad future. he is almost there.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 07:58 PM   #35
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
Dylan Avery is 28 years old...and he is still knee deep into conspiracy theories???

oh man..this guy is on the road to a very sad future. he is almost there.
You mean a future like this?

* the Apollo Hoax guy who has been printing his own books for forty years from the "Bull sh*t" episode.
Old 30th August 2009, 07:58 PM   #36
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
How old is Dylan now? 28? He sounds like a petulant 15 year-old. He is the worst publicist for his own work I've ever heard.

Anyway, for those who don't want to download the mp3 file, I've divided the interview into two parts and the first part is up on You Tube. I was amused by Dylan's repeated assertion that WTC 1 and 2 were turned into "talcum power" so I found an appropriate graphic for that part.

Here's part one.

I AGREE

Part two is still processing and I'll have it up as soon as it's finished.

Edit: Here's part two.

I AGREE
Thanks for the youtube version, Walter.

Am I the only one who wants to seriously slap the snot out of that malignant pissant after listening to this?
Old 30th August 2009, 08:09 PM   #37
TexasJack
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post

Am I the only one who wants to seriously slap the snot out of that malignant pissant after listening to this?
No.
TexasJack is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 08:24 PM   #38
Longfellow
St. Louis Cardinals Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post

Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post
No.

+2
World Series wins: 1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, 2006, 2011
Longfellow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 08:39 PM   #39
CHF
Illuminator

Dylan's faith in Steven Jones is amazing.

How much more obvious does Jones' fraud have to be for these dolts to wake up?
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 08:52 PM   #40
Carlos
Critical Thinker

High grade explosives? Your theory Dylan! you said you had none in the interview but those three words spilled from your ignorant head. explain the silence of the "explosives"
People heard explosions
[/truther]
Carlos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories