ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags dylan avery , loose change

Old 30th August 2009, 08:53 PM   #41
Carlos
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Dylan's faith in Steven Jones is amazing.

How much more obvious does Jones' fraud have to be for these dolts to wake up?
Truthers' faith in Steven Jones is amazing.
Carlos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 09:03 PM   #42
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

That Steven Jones paper has been making the rounds. My buddy who I thought got over the Alex Jonesian bunkum brought it up the other day.

Of course, when pressed, he couldn't really answer what thermite was or describe what it's used for, or how it does what it does.

I swear, it's like arguing with the 'future' characters of the movie Idiocracy.

Quote:
'...But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. You want us to put water on the crops instead?'

'Yes.'

'Like, the water that comes from the toilet?'

'Well, it doesn't have to come from the toilet, but yes. We should put water on the crops instead of Brawndo.'

'But Brawndo has what plants crave! It's got electrolytes!'

'Well, let's look at the situation. The plants aren't growing, so I'm pretty sure that the Brawndo isn't working. We should just try the water out instead and see if that works.'

'Yeah? Well, I've never seen plants grow out of a toilet.'

'Okay, look - we want to get this problem solved. So we have to try a solution of some kind. Let's see if the water hypothesis works, and go from there, rather than worrying about what plants may or may not crave.'

'But we know what plants crave. Brawndo. It's got electrolytes.'

'...Okay - what are electrolytes? Do you know?'

'Yeah. It's what they use to make Brawndo.'

'But why do they use them in Bawndo? What do they do?'

'They're part of what plants crave.'

'But why do plants crave them?'

'Because plants crave Brawndo, and Brawndo has electrolytes.'
Old 30th August 2009, 09:26 PM   #43
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

Thanks for the video/radio post Walter. I need brain bleach from listening to Dylan and his shillin'.
Audible Click is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th August 2009, 10:06 PM   #44
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
People heard explosions
[/truther]
Yep, minutes or dozens of minutes BEFORE the towers fell. That's some real powerful, new type of controlled demolition, huh?
Old 31st August 2009, 03:18 AM   #45
eromitlab
Muse

Originally Posted by CHF View Post
Dylan's faith in Steven Jones is amazing.

How much more obvious does Jones' fraud have to be for these dolts to wake up?
They never will. Steven Jones has sold them the story they want to hear. If Jones stopped selling it tomorrow, troofers would continue to sell his story on their own until someone came along with a new story they liked as much or more. Jones has told them what they wanted to hear, and that's all that matters in TroofWorld.
Old 31st August 2009, 06:18 AM   #46
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Thanks for the youtube version, Walter.

Am I the only one who wants to seriously slap the snot out of that malignant pissant after listening to this?
Originally Posted by TexasJack View Post
No.
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post
+2
+3
Old 31st August 2009, 08:23 AM   #47
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
I was amused by Dylan's repeated assertion that WTC 1 and 2 were turned into "talcum power"
If that's true then I guess the air quality wasn't that bad at Ground Zero.

Thanks for the youtube version, Walter.

Am I the only one who wants to seriously slap the snot out of that malignant pissant after listening to this?
+4 (But it's more fun watching/hearing him be humiliated by others)
Old 31st August 2009, 10:49 AM   #48
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

Drew and Mike are freakin' hilarious. I listen to them on Detroit radio all the time.

Thanks for the links, I missed that the other day.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 11:07 AM   #49
Arus808
Philosopher

+5 on the "slapping the snot" out of the pissant.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 11:13 AM   #50
HeyLeroy
Vegan Cannibal

My favourite part, about 22 minutes in:

Dylan Avery: ...because you're not going to listen to anything I have to say. So if you actually want to watch evidence, and you want to watch a physicist (Jones) go through actual evidence, recovered from the World Trade Center, watch Steven Jones' presentation online. Because I don't have to sit here and be constantly insulted and ridiculed--

Mike Clark: You're the one who started insulting people, you dick.
I ♣ my baby Harp Seal.

Last edited by HeyLeroy; 31st August 2009 at 11:14 AM.
HeyLeroy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 11:42 AM   #51
nicepants
Graduate Poster

For those (including me) who haven't listened...remember the rule is you must drink everytime Dylan uses the word "Dude" (NWO Policy #42-A9)
Old 31st August 2009, 12:20 PM   #52
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
For those (including me) who haven't listened...remember the rule is you must drink everytime Dylan uses the word "Dude" (NWO Policy #42-A9)
I must have missed that part of the NWO directive. Now I'll have to listen to the broadcast again.
Audible Click is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 12:49 PM   #53
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by HeyLeroy View Post
...Mike Clark: You're the one who started insulting people, you dick.
You know, that line would still be 100% true without those last two words tacked on. It just wouldn't be anywhere near as funny.
Old 31st August 2009, 01:00 PM   #54
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Dylan is an uneducable doofus, but listening to that clip reminded me why I don't listen to Talk Radio/Howard Stern/Morning Zoo stuff anymore. The DJs were 99% right about everything they said and Dylan was 99% wrong, but the casual listener who knows nothing about Avery is just going to hear two loud mouthed shock jocks ganging up on some hapless crank. I was hoping to be amused but all that clip managed to do was give me a headache. Who knows, maybe that's the only way to carry on a conversation with a Truther, but it's a sad commentary on modern broadcasting.

Then again maybe I'm just getting old.
Old 31st August 2009, 01:07 PM   #55
alienentity
Illuminator

Good grief! This just boggles the mind - that so many young viewers have been suckered in by Dylan's video orgies of ignorance.
No wonder these truthers are floundering around without much direction after 8 years.

Just to take one of Dylan's false claims, the Barry Jennings/ Michael Hess testimony about and explosion:
Michael Hess says exactly the opposite of what Dylan claims,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfctTxaIZY#t=2m37s

Hess clearly states that the power went off (10:00am) BEFORE they left the command centre.

And later 'There were no explosions.Did I feel the building shake? Absolutely....and I know now that that was caused by the Northern half of number 1 (WTC1) falling on the Southern half of our building'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfctTxaIZY#t=9m20s

What part of this does Dylan not understand? All of it, apparently.

What a pathetic effort.

Last edited by alienentity; 31st August 2009 at 01:28 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 01:33 PM   #56
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
...What a pathetic effort.
I see Dylan Avery as more akin to the guy who banged the neighborhood crazy chick. All his friends warned him not to do it, but he was so desperate for a piece of tail that he did it anyway. Now he knows that not only will no other girl ever have him now, but he must also cater to the crazy chick's every whim, agreeing with everything she says no matter how stupid and contradictory, and professing his undying love at least once a minute. Because if he ever fails to do these things she'll come looking for him with a pair of super-heavy-duty boxcutters. I bet he'd desperately like to leave the whole Truth thing far behind, but he doesn't dare because he knows all too well that if he ever did, then short of entering the Witness Protection Program his erstwhile fans will make his life a living hell from now on.

Last edited by Stellafane; 31st August 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 02:04 PM   #57
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Did anyone notice how Dylan soiled his panties over the hosts saying "four planes crashed into four buildings" but he then himself says that Jennings and Hess were blown up?

Little Dyllie's got to have himself a temper tantrum over someone else inaccurate turn of phrase or minor slip of the tounge, but when he does it, it's apparently ok.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 02:22 PM   #58
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by Stellafane View Post
I see Dylan Avery as more akin to the guy who banged the neighborhood crazy chick. All his friends warned him not to do it, but he was so desperate for a piece of tail that he did it anyway. Now he knows that not only will no other girl ever have him now, but he must also cater to the crazy chick's every whim, agreeing with everything she says no matter how stupid and contradictory, and professing his undying love at least once a minute. Because if he ever fails to do these things she'll come looking for him with a pair of super-heavy-duty boxcutters. I bet he'd desperately like to leave the whole Truth thing far behind, but he doesn't dare because he knows all too well that if he ever did, then short of entering the Witness Protection Program his erstwhile fans will make his life a living hell from now on.
So, he knows my ex wife?? Lol, Just kidding, I don't have an ex wife.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 02:37 PM   #59
AWPrime
Master Poster

What does Dylan do actually? Does he have a job or is he still a basement dweller?
Rob Lister - "The enemy of my enemy probably tastes yummy. "
AWPrime is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 03:11 PM   #60
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by AWPrime View Post
What does Dylan do actually? Does he have a job or is he still a basement dweller?
AFAIK he's a full-time conspiracy video maker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they have made more than just a bit of....Loose Change... with the film series.

Anyone have some decent figures for the revenues to date?
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 04:46 PM   #61
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by AWPrime View Post

I wish they'd hit on that question. I loved the host: "Ive got a conspiracy theory..I think you do this so you can sell your conspiracy videos"

To which dylan's immediate answer is always "it's available on the internet for free". Yeah...so are the shows on Hulu.

ETA:

Did anyone notice how Dylan soiled his panties over the hosts saying "four planes crashed into four buildings"
The host's didn't even say this, actually. They said something about 4 planes crashing "into 4 objects", and dylan either misunderstood or deliberately twisted their words in order to attack a strawman. (Unfortunately he's lost so much credibility it's nearly impossible to tell)

Loved when Dylan accused them of racism when they said that there are islamic terrorists.

They certainly seemed to get under his skin for this interview...I think Dylan should take their advice and "get over" himself.

Last edited by nicepants; 31st August 2009 at 04:50 PM.
nicepants is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 04:49 PM   #62
Edx
Philosopher

Its great marketing to give stuff away for free. If he was selling it and didnt allow that there wouldnt have been such a massive amount of people that became aware of it.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 05:11 PM   #63
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
I think someone (not me) once calculated that the various iterations of LC all together might have realized half a million dollars in sales, plus some merch sales. Their expenses were pretty low, so I wouldn't be surprised if each member of the Dynamic Trio grossed $100K over two years at the peak of the boom. They've blown through it all by now though; Dylan said LTW was officially broke last year.
Old 31st August 2009, 05:47 PM   #64
VespaGuy
Graduate Poster

So which coast is Dylan on these days? Didn't he take off to LA to become a real boy director? I bet it didn't take long for him to realize that he was a small, uneducated, talentless fish in a big pond.

I know he's back for another bite at the truther apple (after swearing it off for good), so does that mean LA didn't work out for him?
Old 31st August 2009, 05:50 PM   #65
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Yea he's clearly scraping the barrel for profits now. It's simply about making money considering he built his career (if you can call it that) on loose change feeding false hoods to the gullible conspiracy theorist. His credibility is at stake. And with no credibility=no money.
Juniversal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 05:59 PM   #66
Audible Click
The gap in the plot

Originally Posted by VespaGuy View Post
So which coast is Dylan on these days? Didn't he take off to LA to become a real boy director? I bet it didn't take long for him to realize that he was a small, uneducated, talentless fish in a big pond.

I know he's back for another bite at the truther apple (after swearing it off for good), so does that mean LA didn't work out for him?
Poor twoofer boy, guess he thought YouTube somehow compares to Dreamworks SKG.
Old 31st August 2009, 07:21 PM   #67
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Dylan is speaking at a Truther rally in LA on 9/11. I look forward to asking him about all the errors he made in his claims in this interview.

This was pretty much two of the Zoo Crew (ring the cowbell really loud) ganging up on an idiot for 45 minutes. Dylan did not handle himself well but I also kind of couldn't blame him, those guys get under people's skin for a living.

It was still great because people like Dylan need to get knocked off their high horse.
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 07:42 PM   #68
eromitlab
Muse

Originally Posted by VespaGuy View Post

I thought he went to San Diego instead of LA... which might explain why his filmmaker dreams collapsed at so close to freefall and he had to go make another new version of Loose Change. That is, unless I've missed some sort of burgeoning film industry centered around SD and attracting wannabes who would otherwise be intimidated by LA.
Old 31st August 2009, 08:01 PM   #69
Lupie

The part where the hosts mistakenly said there were 4 buildings hit was quite entertaining.
When Avery pitched a fit over it, he reminded me of Cornholio from the old Beavis and Butthead series.

"I am Dyl-holio! Are you threatening me!?!? I need talcum for my bunghole!!"
Lupie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 08:09 PM   #70
Drs_Res
NWO Acorn Hoarder

It seems that Dylan Avery can't make it in the reel world (pun intended), and has become a slave to the Twoof, thus my new name for him: Dylan Slavery.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:11 PM   #71
fourtoe
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drs_Res View Post
It seems that Dylan Avery can't make it in the reel world (pun intended), and has become a slave to the Twoof, thus my new name for him: Dylan Slavery.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/dadumcheesh

Sorry, I couldn't resist
-The thread for discussing/reviewing and posting any 911 related debates one can find!
fourtoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2009, 10:38 PM   #72
willhaven
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
AFAIK he's a full-time conspiracy video maker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they have made more than just a bit of....Loose Change... with the film series.

Anyone have some decent figures for the revenues to date?
So Dylan Avery and Dick Cheney conspired to create 9/11? Imagine the decades of internet video profits lining their pockets. Just follow the money!
willhaven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2009, 08:16 AM   #73
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

This thread finally gave the push I needed to de-lurk and plunge in.

Avery is despicable. It's a pity Drew n Mike didn't tackle him on his vile assertions that Bernard Brown sent his young son onto a plane knowing he was going to die. This should be thrown at him everytime the idiot is questioned about 9-11.

As for the "four buildings" The terminology actually used by either Drew or Mike was "four giant objects" last I heard the planet Earth is rather large.

Compus

Last edited by CompusMentus; 1st September 2009 at 08:17 AM.
CompusMentus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2009, 08:21 AM   #74
Pardalis
Banned

They should have said four hijackings and that would have been the end of it.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2009, 08:27 AM   #75
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Dylan, who is this mysterious race called the Islamic terrorists?

Am I racist towards Mormons if I call Joseph Smith a liar?
Old 1st September 2009, 08:37 AM   #76
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Originally Posted by CompusMentus View Post
This thread finally gave the push I needed to de-lurk and plunge in.

Avery is despicable. It's a pity Drew n Mike didn't tackle him on his vile assertions that Bernard Brown sent his young son onto a plane knowing he was going to die. This should be thrown at him everytime the idiot is questioned about 9-11.

As for the "four buildings" The terminology actually used by either Drew or Mike was "four giant objects" last I heard the planet Earth is rather large.

Compus
I honestly don't think many non debunkers know about Dylan's statements about Bernard Brown and his son.

I think that should be in Dylan's face every day, and what he should be remembered for. He and the LC crew are some of the lowest, and twoofs who do not denounce them are worthless and vile individuals.
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2009, 09:25 AM   #77
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
They should have said four hijackings and that would have been the end of it.
Perhaps, but for context, it's around the 10min mark of the Temecula OP file.

The conversation went largely as follows:-

Quote:

MnD: "A lot of these questions, it's pretty difficult to answer them when these terrorists have blown up these two giant buildings in New York City. They've flown four planes into four giant objects. You can't have every question answered perfectly...."

Avery: "Wait I'm sorry....Woahwohwoh I'm Sorry what!? Four planes into four giant objects? What are you talking about?

MnD: Two buildings in New York, the World Trade Centre....

Avery: And then the Pentagon....

MnD: And the ground in Pennsylvania. Excuse me!....

Avery: Well, I mean, if you're gonna question the accuracy of my claims, I mean, don't say that four buildings were hit on September eleventh!(giggles)

MnD: .....you're starting to sound a little paranoid.

That's sum up, for me, Averys honesty concerning 9-11. His instinct for constructing strawmen is blindingly evident in just this small exchange.

He just can't help it. He is an inveterate, lying, scumbag.

Compus
CompusMentus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2009, 09:36 AM   #78
carlitos
"más divertido"

That comparison is unfair to inveterate, lying scumbags.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2009, 09:40 AM   #79
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Originally Posted by TruthersLie View Post
I honestly don't think many non debunkers know about Dylan's statements about Bernard Brown and his son.

I think that should be in Dylan's face every day, and what he should be remembered for. He and the LC crew are some of the lowest, and twoofs who do not denounce them are worthless and vile individuals.
Correct on every point.

Avery's hypocrisy is staggering.

At the beginning of the interview, he kicks off by opining that after the "Nine eleven commission was formated (sic)", the "People who've lost loved ones" had legitimate questions unanswered. When it's obvious from previous statements he's made about victims and their loved ones (ie Bernard Brown and family) that he doesn't give two flying ****s for these people.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Compus
Old 1st September 2009, 11:13 AM   #80
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by knife fight colobus View Post
Dylan is speaking at a Truther rally in LA on 9/11. I look forward to asking him about all the errors he made in his claims in this interview.
I would much rather hear his explanation for why Alex Jones isn't involved in this one. He got pretty upset when he was asked that on an interview recently. When someone gets that defensive & upset over such a simple question it's kind of a red flag for me that there's a whole lot more to the story.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories